LC Viability Rankings (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Deerling deserves some ranking. It can reach 18 Speed, and has Chlorophyll, letting it unspeed almost all the metagame. Although it is somewhat lacking in power, it can still 2HKO very much of the meta.

Deerling for B (or C idk)

Deerling deserves some ranking. It can reach 18 Speed, and has Chlorophyll, letting it unspeed almost all the metagame. Although it is somewhat lacking in power, it can still 2HKO very much of the meta.

Deerling for B (or C idk)
While it does have nice coverage in its stabs, it just can't deal enough damage without being KOed back by a stronger attacker. Its normal typing doesn't do itself any help, as it can't touch ghost types anyway bar a seed bomb that won't break through any of the common ghosts.
C- imo

I think it was mentioned before, but Swirlix for S rank.

Swirlix has two very dangerous sets which not only function very differently, but also have to be handled differently. On the CM set, you have to make sure you OHKO it, or make sure you don't bring it down to 50% since Swirlix without the unburden boost is hardly threatening. On the Belly drum set however, Swirlix grabs the unburden boost for itself, and trying to deal less damage to it only aids in its sweeping attempts.

The only thing that can reliably check Swirlix after it has set up a belly drum is fake out+bullet punch LO Meditite, so yeah, it's definitely worth considering for S-Rank.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Then, shouldn't Meditite also be in S-rank, as the only reliable check to Swirlix? It also has a lot of merit outside of that, such as being ridiculously powerful with a Life Orb or being rather bulky with an Eviolite. Misdreavus checks it well, but Ice Punch 2HKOs non-Berry Juice variants.

In my opinion, Tier A should be splitted. I mean Slowpoke, Porygon, Mienfoo, Spritzee, Medi and Swirlix all deserve a mention over the other Tier A. Also, I don't think Pawniard deserves to be Tier S assuming these don't.

Also, I think Foongus deserves Tier B at least, joining the go-to regenerator core with foo and slowpoke. I would also personnally put Ponyta in Tier C, as its set is quite lackluster and predictable, Vulpix is better in a similar role (which is actually being Fire type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)