Resource LC Teambuilding Workshop

LITTLE_CUP_TEAMBUILDING_WORKSHOP

Approved by: Mambo
Builders: Infamy, Vubon, ItzViper482, Corporal Levi, H0W3AN, ZoroarkForever, Fiend
Organized and maintained by: H0W3AN

Banner and co-maintained by: Infamy

Hello people of LC! Recently some of us have noticed how one very common line among new players was "I dont know how to build a team" or "How do I build a team?" Well some of the teambuilders of the LC room have decided to help show you how we would make a team of your choosing! "So how does this work?" you may ask. It's simple: you submit a team you want built with one paragraph about what you want it to be built around and one or more of our teambuilders will build the team and show their thought process on how they built it in a pastebin. This pastebin will be given to you personally and put in the archive below. This will give you a team to use and will hopefully show how to build one of your own in the future.

Rules:
1. Do not request teams around non-viable Pokemon. These are Pokemon who are D tier or under in the viability rankings. This is to educate not to make random, unusable teams.

2. Remember to add the paragraph about why you want a team with a certain Pokemon or core.

3. Do not post full teams or cores with more than 3 Pokemon. We are here to show the teambuilding process, not to edit your own creations.

4. Do not pester builders to make your teams. Do not edit your post after we start working on it, we don't want to have to change the whole team.

5. You may only place one request at this time, so make sure you know what you want before making the post.
Claimed Requests:
Sam-testings's Vullaby (ItzViper482)
MeButYou82's Zorua (ItzViper482)
Altariel's Corphish Water (Levi)
Fiend's Anti-Foongus (Levi)
Yoshiblaze's Shelmet/Ponyta Spikestack (H0W3AN)

Unclaimed Requests:
Sharp Ladder UU's Pawn

Workshop Archive:
Trubish by Infamy http://pastebin.com/0q8a5NZJ
Ziggy by Levi http://pastebin.com/TcNANrvA
6 Wincons by Levi http://pastebin.com/TDiwPUz6
Dark Spam by zf http://pastebin.com/eSwwhTK6
Mantyke by zf http://pastebin.com/53K0qbAm
Double Shell Smashers by zf http://pastebin.com/Dg6c1yu3

Last edited:
Hello! I will be representing Sam-testings today.

I (Sam-testings) would like to request a team built around Nasty Plot Vullaby (rules 1, 3).

Nasty Plot Vullaby serves as an excellent win condition and also lures common metagame threats like Pawniard and Mienfoo. I think a well built team around Nasty Plot Vullaby could prove to be a major threat in this developing metagame (rule 2). Unfortunately, I'm a terrible player so I can't build a good team around Nasty Plot Vullaby myself. Please help me!

I promise not to pester builders (rule 4) and this will the be only request I place at this time (rule 5).

For future posters you dont need to show that you are following every rule. I monitor your posts to see if you are anyway. lol

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I would like to request a team to use versus Corporal Levi in the Little Cup Open. He johned me today claiming to have a hurt back, and then says he wants to go catch Charmanders in Pokemon GO. And then he says:
[19:32:24] +Levi: ok i should sleep now
[19:32:25] +Levi: good night

Because Levi sucks and will not play me, I would like a anti-Foongus team because Foongus sucks almost as much as Levi. Preferably the team should have a Duskull, as it is a defensive monster with 30 Special Attack. It's unpredictable, very bulky, and extremely threatening. Levi will not be prepared. I think the set should be:

Duskull @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 5
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Pain Split

This is a very potent set. Trick Room allows Duskull to sweep; Pain Split heals off the damage taken to set up. Dark Pulse sounds cooler than Shadow Ball and they do the same damage. Blizzard makes it anti-Foongus and is cool.

Please help me in my quest to play Levi; I need this team an hour before deadline bc that's when you'll play me.

P.S. Levi you suck.

Ok Fiend well you aren't allowed to request a Duskull team because it is Smog Frog a.k.a E tier which counts under the rules as "non-viable".

BUT, since you requested an anti-Foongus team and just "preferred" a Duskull, I'll let it slide and include it as an anti-Foongus team. For any future posters PLEASE don't request any mons D Tier and below.

P.S. Fiend, Levi is a builder, so if he wants to he can build you a team. Good Luck with that!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Oh this is back.

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Spikes are good. Countering fighting types is good. Losing to every trapper is bad.

So basically, how can our boy Trubbish fight against the fearsome threats that are Gothita and Diglett effectively? I'm interested to see what your take on Trubbish in this metagame is. Set can be changed if need be, but since RecycleJuice is broken (as proven by Drifloon) I'd prefer that at least stays.

Hey, I'd like to request a team built around Zorua.
I'm wondering which Pokemon would be the best to disguise Zorua as and how to make use of that disguise with its interesting movepool. I've never used Zorua before and I think its unique ability would be fun to try out. However, it's rather frail and weak to fighting-types, which can be very punishing in this meta, so I am also intrigued how to best deal with this issue.

Thanks.

Hello! I will be representing Aubisio today.

I (Aubisio) would like to request a team built around Zigzagoon. (rules 1, 3).

Zigzagoon serves as an excellent win condition and is very cute. It has become much better since the banning of Drifloon. I think a well built team around could prove to be a major threat in this developing metagame (rule 2). Unfortunately, I'm a terrible player so I can't build a good team around Zigzagoon myself. Please help me!

I promise not to pester builders (rule 4) and this will the be only request I place at this time (rule 5).

Totally didn't c/p and edit

I would like if u guys could build a team around adamant lo Pawniard

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch

I really like the incredible power of this monster if in webs it kills mienfoo after knock off and iron head. I also like power up Punch because opposing pawniards and because it gives u the boost which can help u clean late game. In this meta this absoulete monster sweeps through teams.
Thanks!

Merritt
Built around:

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 240 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Trubbish is a really cool Pokemon. It's very flawed, but it has a good niche as a reliable Spikes setter with recovery. It's also able to check Fighting-types and soft check Pawniard, which is pretty neat.

The first Pokemon I added was Pawniard. I wanted priority because I really like the combination of hazards + priority and I also wanted something to discourage Defog. Pawniard also gives me Stealth Rock and a Flying-type check. It's also a Sticky Web check.

Next I added fast Mienfoo, which is a Pokemon I hadn't used in a while. I wanted something fast and strong that could take advantage of the hazards so I went with a High Jump Kick set. It also gave me a more solid Pawniard check and Acrobatics helps beat opposing Fighting-types.

I know this is a bit strange, but Frillish actually fits really well on this team. It gives me a very solid check to Water- and Ground-types. I think Frillish is probably the best spinblocker in the metagame because it beats both of the common spinners, and it has great utility with Scald. It also checks Fire-types.

Trace Porygon fits on the team as a check to Abra, Gastly, and Chinchou. It's also a soft Flying-type check and can cripple a lot of attackers with Thunder Wave.

Foongus rounds out the squadron as a Water-type, Fighting-type, and Shell Smash check. It carries Hidden Power Fighting because the team has some troubles with Pawniard.

Overall, I think this team is pretty good. It's weak to Gothita and doesn't like Pawniard too much, but I think otherwise it's solid. It doesn't show off Trubbish too well, and I'm sorry about that. I feel like a team that highlighted Trubbish more would've ended up as worse overall. I hope you enjoy the team, it's pretty decent and fun to use.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Aubisio

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Protect

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP / 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

You can mix and match for four or five of Diglett/Cottonee/Pawniard/Fletchling/Stunky/Archen/Mienfoo and get a decent Zigzagoon team, but that's not very interesting and I'm not fond of relying so much on a sweeper as unreliable as Zigzagoon.

Stealth Rock and Pursuit support are mandatory for any team with Zigzagoon; I decided to go with Onix for rocks because it's probably the most reliable offensive rock setter alongside Pawniard / Omanyte and can deter Magnemite's Volt Switch, and Scarf Pawniard for trapping because it can also Knock Off Fighting-types for Zigzagoon.

Then I decided to make the rest of the mons potential wincons so that the team can still support Zigzagoon but isn't reliant on it. Calm Mind Spritzee appreciates Gastly being trapped and can help to prevent opposing Scraggy/Shellder/Timburr sweeps; it also heavily damages Pawniard and scarf Magnemite for Zigzagoon. Carvanha wall-breaks in general and helps against Ponyta. Croagunk checks Scraggy/Omanyte/Tirtouga and potentially lures in Porygon.

This team may have trouble against opposing Foongus, and a well-played Fletchling, Croagunk, Gastly, or Magnemite may be irritating at all. That being said, this team has enough win conditions that good plays will usually be a much bigger factor than match-up.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'd like to request something pretty unorthodox! Since Levi posted the Ziggy squad above, and because I have a tendency to sack my wincons with reckless abandon, I'd like to request a team in which each of the six Pokemon are potential wincons. I've done this before to an extent with my six scarf squad, but I'd like to see a more balanced and perhaps less fashionable approach to this idea n_n

I will be representing FluffyWolf2 today.

I am using http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings.3496013/ for tier reference.

I (FluffyWolf2) would like to request a team built around Mantyke. (rules 1, 3). Ranked as a C.

Mantyke serves as a utility type Pokemon it seems with Swift Swim boosting alternate Pokemon in the team. I have a small affinity for my water fish Pokemon and feel though an underdog in ranking can push through higher ranks to their maximum potential. (rule 2) I am beginning to stream and would love a team that I can leverage on a Little Cup night I plan to do twice a month. I will be building a counter team to this one so I can have a battle box and in party team for viewer battles.

Can't wait to hear the thought process! Returning Pokemon trainer and getting excited about the tournament concepts! Love for the little pokes!

Hi!

I would like to request a team built around clamperl. Rank B-.

Clamperl has a extremely high Sp Atk combined with Deep Sea Tooth and Shell Smash, with some support I know Clamperl can do a great job, but unfotunately I'm unable to build around this mon.

It's not urgent so take your time. Thanks!

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Drilbur @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Nasty Plot

Berks

This was a fun team to build. All of the Pokemon can be used as wincons, as requested, but some of them are more likely to wincon than others. SD Drilbur being a wincon is a bit iffy, but I think the team needs Stealth Rock enough to warrant it. Rapid Spin isn't needed because Vullaby/Gastly/Pawniard all dump on webs. Gastly doesn't have a set-up move but is a good wincon against slower teams without Pursuit. Gastly/Vullaby/Pawniard are all more likely to be breakers, though. Adamant Pawniard is used because Jolly isn't really needed if you aren't Brick Break. Most of the sets are pretty self-explanatory; they're all there to win against the right team, except possibly Drilbur.

These wincons were chosen so that the team doesn't just lose to opposing wincons. Timburr checks Omanyte, and Omanyte can only really set up on pre-NP Vullaby. Pawniard and Timburr check Shellder. Timburr checks Carvanha and Pawniard. Pawniard and Omanyte check birds. Omanyte checks Ponyta. Drilbur checks Magnemite.

The team's biggest weakness is Corphish, which you just have to make sure doesn't set up. Most of the team can pressure it except for Drilbur, though; just don't be afraid of sacking something, but I probably don't need to mention that to Mr. 6-scarf berks. Fletchdig also threatens a lot of the team but is even easier to pressure.

Hey. I'd like to request a team built around Dark Spam. The team should have at least 2 dark types but preferably 3.

I'd like this made b/c though I've been playing for a while, type spam teams of any kind have always confounded me, and I'd like to see one made competently. Since Knock Off is the best move in the game and everyone keeps telling me Dark Spam is amazing, I decided it would be the best choice.

Not particularly urgent or anything so take your time.

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like a team built around a Water Spam. The Water Spam must have 2 mons, and one of them must be Corphish.

Corphish is one of the most rough Pokémon to switch-in, due to the Access to SD and DD, and Adaptability, which makes its STABs even more powerful, and gives support with KOff to its teammates to have a chance for a sweep. It makes me a little hard to build around type spam, so I only want this team.

Take your time. Sorry and thank you.

Last edited:
I'd like a team built around Shelmet Spike stacking and Ponyta.

I love Shelmet in LC for it's combo of decent typing, Hazards and reliable recovery and despite its C- Ranking, it still puts in a lot of work for me. A Pokemon like Ponyta, with nice attacking stats and high damaging moves, meshes well with the Spikes Shelmet provides, which makes it even better. Shelmet also deals with Ground-types for Ponyta to an extent and Ponyta can switch into Fire moves thrown at Shelmet.

Shelmet @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Infestation
- Toxic / Energy Ball
- Recover

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wild Charge

Ok guys all of these requests are in they are just taking a bit, as many of our builders are perfectionists. I will try to bug them about finishing these though! I'm talking to each of them about picking up the remaining teams.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my first time dabbling in Little Cup, but something I noticed immediately is how hard it is to build your team against Shell Smashers as there are very few counters to an active Smasher like the uncommon Ferroseed and Lileep. A lot of teams' tend to carry soft checks like Foongus, Chinchou, Timburr, and Croagunk which can be overwhelmed by prior damage due to their roles as pivots or susceptible to being picked off by trappers like Diglett and Gothita. Even more teams seem to carry shaky backup checks like Sturdyjuice users, Sash Abra etc that are more panic buttons than anything. I believe the concept of Smasher spam+trappers to be workable in theory due to the ability to overwhelm the plethora of unprepared teams, but I've been having trouble deciding on which smashers to use and what glue pokemon to choose to not leave me weak to like 10 pokes.

So TLDR, I'd like to request a team with 2 Shell Smash sweepers (doesn't matter which 2) and 1 or 2 trappers in Diglett and/or Gothita, ideally with the rest of the team able to wear down the Smash checks beforehand and ease setup turns.

EDIT: Also from my limited Little Cup experience, Porygon and Cottonee make life a living hell for my poor Shellders, Omanytes, and Tirtougas, and are virtually untrappable, so if you guys can make a team that makes the opponent feel bad about playing these 2 paralyze half the meta panic buttons, please do so.

Last edited:
I will be representing FluffyWolf2I (FluffyWolf2) would like to request a team built around Mantyke. (rules 1, 3). Ranked as a C.

Mantyke @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rain Dance

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Onix @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Mantyke, Scarf Magnemite, and Fletchling all have a shared checks. The goal of this team is to get down SR early and apply pressure with one of your three cleaners to weaken Chinchou / Porygon / etc so one the others can sweep the opposing team. Snubbull provides an all-around physical and fighting check, which is necessary for every team. The EV spread lives LO Diglett Earthquake after SR+Mienfoo U-Turn iirc. Timburr is your check to shell smashers and Pawniard. I chose to run Ice Punch+Iron Fist to pressure Foongus, as no member of the team can switch in easily. Losing Guts isn't too big because no one consciously burns a Timburr with Ponyta anyways. Onix provides a secondary flying resist, an electric immune to pivot into Chou / Mag, and SR, rounding out the remaining weaknesses.
Hey. I'd like to request a team built around Dark Spam. The team should have at least 2 dark types but preferably 3.

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Aqua Jet

Onix @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 64 SpA / 36 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Encore

Gothita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

I built this team around Choice Scarf Pawniard+LO Carvanha. Pawniard ensures that your opponent's Mienfoo's Eviolite will be knocked off, meaning ZHB from Carvanha will OHKO. Onix is probably my favorite SR user in ORAS because it fills a lot of roles; here it acts as a Fletchling check, SR setter, and electric immunity all in 1 teamslot. Cottonee acts as a general catch-all on this team, checking defensive waters, fighting types, and deterring opposing setup. Gothita traps Croagunk, Timburr, and Foongus so Carvanha can sweep. In addition, it traps Staryu, which is the only spinner that can consistently spin away hazards the Onix sets. Timburr is your main Pawniard and shell smash check. I run Poison Jab to better ombat fairies and lure Cottonee, another Carv check.
TLDR, I'd like to request a team with 2 Shell Smash sweepers (doesn't matter which 2) and 1 or 2 trappers in Diglett and/or Gothita, ideally with the rest of the team able to wear down the Smash checks beforehand and ease setup turns.
Double Smash is pretty tough. The core 2 mons are going to have shared weaknesses and check similar things, so it can be hard to fit everything a team needs into the remaining 4 slots. That said, here's my best effort:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Diglett @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Stealth Rock

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 156 Atk / 120 Def / 200 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 60 SpA / 36 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Encore

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 132 Atk / 92 Def / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash

Fletchling
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I started with Mienfoo+Sludge Bomb Diglett. Mienfoo U-Turn into Diglett allows you to trap Cottonee, which could otherwise hinder both your sweepers. I chose Acrobatics Slowfoo to better combat Chinchou, Magnemite, and Foongus, since it stops the first two from gaining as much momentum and has the bulk to take sleep and wake up before being KO'd vs Foongus. Eviolite 3 Atks SR Diglett was a later pick, but this set allows it to survive all moves after SR from non-LO Pawniard and Magnemite, trapping them off a Fletchling U-turn. Shellder is HP [Fighting] because this team likes steels dead and needs an additional check vs Pawniard since I'm using Slowfoo. Cottonee is pretty much mandatory here since Mienfoo doesn't check any Shell Smasher once it loses its Eviolite, unlike other fighters. I use dual STAB over HP [Fight] because this team needs a way to pressure defensive waters (staryu, slowpoke) that isn't a boosted sweeper. Tirtouga is this team's flying resist. I chose Evio Smash because it has the least amount of checks and beats most fighters at +2; Mag and Pawn are usually lured / trapped by Shellder / Diglett, so you can get away with using Aqua Jet as your Water STAB. Fletchling just has nice offensive synergy with the smashers, pressuring Chinchou / Porygon. Defensively, it checks threatening Grass-types and can revenge kill fighting types like Scarf Mienfoo or Scraggy which otherwise might be threatening.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
Fiend

Duskull @ Eviolite
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Pain Split

Porygon @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Last Resort
-
-

Nincada @ Eviolite
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 188 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- X-Scissor
- Mud-Slap

Charmander @ Berry Juice
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 12 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Cottonee @ Heat Rock
EVs: 36 Def / 224 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Memento

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

I built the team around Duskull as requested. Since Duskull is such a menacing Trick Room sweeper, I decided that the best option would be to include another Trick Room abuser to form an offensive core. Porygon fits right in because it is the best Pokemon in the game, and they synergize because Duskull can check Fighting-types. Plus Porygon can set up Trick Room on its own and sweep, too. If Porygon gets the Download boost, Silk Scarf Last Resort OHKOes fastfoo!

Next, a way to counter Foongus was requested. At first I was going to give up and leave the team at those two Pokemon because Foongus is the best Pokemon in the game and should be S, but then I realized that there is one Pokemon that can do the job. Specially Defensive Nincada walls Foongus and easily defeats trappers; X-Scissor 2HKOes Eviolite Gothita to prevent set-up, and with the given EVs, LO Diglett almost never 4HKOes with Rock Slide. Mud Slap is because Nincada is this team's main check to Fighting-types, and Nincada's best option against Timburr is to lower its accuracy.

Then I included Charmander because I've caught so many that I may as well add one here.

Charmander needs Sun and Memento support to get in safely and attempt a sweep, and Cottonee provides them both, plus it doesn't really have a back so it won't have back pain. An offensive set lets it break walls like Ferroseed and Slowpoke, and lure in Foongus after Foongus has been Knocked Off and hit by Worry Seed. Also, it synergizes defensively with Charmander so that it can more easily get Charmander in on a Pokemon that Charmander can set up on.

Specially Defensive Pawniard rounds out the team by being the best Pawniard set in the game and patching up holes. It checks and potentially traps Fletchling, sets up Stealth Rock, Knocks Off Mienfoo so that Porygon can OHKO it faster, and checks opposing Pawniard with Brick Break.

Be sure to use this team against me if we are battling for a tour game. I will not be prepared.

Replays:
vs poopins

Aaron's Aron Hopefully your concussion is okay now. You keep on coming back and then leaving - maybe you'll be back for good next gen?
absdaddy I know life has been busier for you, and I hope things have been going well. I assume you'll be back for a visit next summer to dominate another round of LCPL.
Aconit Where'd you go?
Alice Kazumi I hope your lc open r4 post wasn't serious, because you're really a fantastic LC player. It looks like you're good at other tiers as well, but if you decide to start seriously contributing in LC, your input would definitely be appreciated.
Altariel von Sweep Newer players are always welcome in the LC community, but it's very rare that they're both eager to contribute and already competent. You happen to be both. Stick around in LC!
Amp Pharaohs I guess you've lost interest in LC for now, but if things haven't been too busy, you should come back for sumo!
Antgeezy Congrats on the un-chatban.
But as easy as it is to find something to make fun of you about, you're a good friend with a great sleep schedule. It's fine that mons doesn't float your boat.
apt-get Man, you and absdaddy completely beat the rest of us to the punch with all that hyper offense; too bad you don't really do much anymore. I've always thought you're a good player, and you've made some really cool builds. Maybe missy will be freed in gen 7?
AroundTheSwirlz Swirlix will likely not be freed next generation. Sorry for your loss
Ashley11 Back for sumo, or are you already here under an alt?
bb skarm For the longest time I thought mysteria was just good at quitting until I learned of the name change. We haven't talked in a while - hope things are going all right.
Berks Since this is a shoutout, obligatory mention that you're a super duper great and really good contributor, as well as just a fun guy to talk to. Also, I have a few things to ask, we should have a chat soon
blarajan It looks like you've ditched LC for the time being, so I can now say suck-up free that I thought you were a super good LC tier leader. I don't know if it was just your position as former tier leader, but I've always found that you're really able to command respect with your posts, even if your opinion on Diglett is 100% wrong. Hope VGC goes well.
blizzardy Just a heads up that it's still pretty hard to make a chinchou-less team, though not as hard as before! Do you plan to make a return for sumo?
boo836 Do you remember your Gothita analysis? Well, HP Fire on ScarfGoth is pretty much irrelevant now and CM Goth is the next big thing, so it looks like you were ahead of your time. (Wynaut and Pancham still haven't caught on yet, though.) I said so the last time you made a comeback, but I think the community has improved even further. You should consider sticking around the next time you pay us a visit.
Brazilian Army Your legacy hasn't died yet. Webs continues to be a strong strategy and is still mostly associated with Brazil. Elekid has gotten nominated to B+ a few times now. You may have lost interest in LC, but LC hasn't lost interest in the trends you set. I look forward to what you have to bring next gen.
Bughouse Thanks again for carrying the LC UU slot for the Duskulls!
Caledrith Welcome back!!! You came back to the best metagame (and community!) that LC has ever been, but if you're not ready to dive into that just yet, four-man league parties are always a blast (even if a minimum of two of us feed every time). Lots of things have changed over the past couple years, but our general inability to quit LC sure hasn't.
Celestavian I don't talk with you much except about mons related things, but you seem like a fun guy (too bad your favourite mon is walled by those). Your posts are always reasonable and often put things in a new perspective, so it'd be cool if you started contributing more again.
cityfolk Are you an NU guy now or something? LC's pretty much the best tier in the game right now, so you should definitely check it out!
Coconut There's not much to say here. Thanks for being a great friend, and thank goodness you're around, or the LC community might not even exist.
Conni You may not be top notch in metagame knowledge, but it's always super great to see new users eager to contribute. Stick around!
Coryn02 Thanks for being an incredibly dedicated tutee - I hope you learned enough that if you decide to get back into LC, it'll be smooth sailing. Even if competitive mons isn't your thing, it's nice to have you as a friend.
cuteflounder Did you completely quit mons
Cydrolic I'm sure you know that you used to be unpopular, but now that you've been gone for a bit I think people are starting to appreciate your contributions. Personally I've always found you to be friendly enough, and certainly good at LC - feel free to come back whenever, and consider beginning to contribute on the forums.
DaRizzleTheMan What happened after like the first week?
Dhaora Nerdy as ever, I bet. Hope life is going well for you, and come back for a visit some time soon!
dsr95 Mostly we just chat about whatever now (and sometimes you try to chat when I'm afk), but I'll make it clear now that you're probably the one person that I respect the most in this community. To this day I still try to emulate how you welcomed new users, and whenever we talk about good auth, you're always the first to come to mind. You're pretty good at mons as well, but the main thing I'll remember you for is how you got so many of us into the community - I really do appreciate it.
Dustflier Pretty much the worst league player on the planet. Also, did you give up on topping the ladder after going like 5-2? I guess being that nerdy doesn't leave you with much choice haha. For real though, you should get back into mons for sumo. It's going to be great
Eren Yeagar We haven't forgotten you! Leaving so abruptly without explanation definitely left an impression on us - hopefully you'll come back. Or are you already here under a different account (I can understand why)? If so, let me know - I promise I won't leak.
fatty Cool guy, really good at mons. I think I've disagreed with you on more suspects than not, but you're always able to articulate your opinions well.
Fiend There's no doubt by now that you're one of the best LC players around - your metagame knowledge is top notch, you can consistently build solid teams, and you just generally know what to do. You're pleasant to talk to and have good things to add to any mons-related conversation. It's a good thing that you won't be leaving any time soon, because at this point, the LC community really wouldn't be the same without you.
ggggd Here's another relatively unknown LCer who I definitely think ranks among the best. I don't know how much you actually build, but once the battle starts you pretty much always make the optimal play. You may not be super fluent in English, but don't be afraid to post - your opinions are definitely valued as those of a very solid LC player.
GlassGlaceon We already caught up on things recently, glad things are going well. Come back for sumo!
GOAO You may act differently to some other people, but to me, you're still a great friend, an excellent LCer, and cool like an owl. If you ever decide to go back to contributing in earnest, I'm sure you know that the community will welcome you with open arms; right now, it's just those little things with your personality that would be trivial for you to not even change, just sort of ignore - just look at how much you've improved already - but make all the difference in first impressions. From your battling abilities alone, though, I think you'd make a great addition to any SPL team. Go Goao!
Heysup It feels weird to be writing this when I can just click the move with the highest crit rate and come out with easy wins every game, but you're for sure the LCer I've looked up to the longest. Most of the big names when I first joined ended up going inactive, but you've remained one of the strongest LC players the entire time, and regardless of the easy crits, you're still the one person I'd rather not face in a tour game. There's a reason why Aerow always asked for your opinion regarding ADV LC - your opinion is a pretty big deal around here.
H0W3AN Always nice to have new contributors around! But fix your name because it's pretty awful right now. Also, I've decided that you now only need 3 wins with bp against LC roomauth to qualify you to write the analysis. Make sure to save replays, but don't mention that I told you to use bp.
Holiday As fun as it was to make fun of you, it was only because I think we're tight enough for me to get away with it. Hope life is treating you well, visit often, come up with better RMT names, and strongly consider becoming active again for sumo!
Infamy I'm being completely honest here: you remind me of Aerow, except you're a lot louder, more vulgar, less tactful, and not Norweigan. So I guess you two aren't so alike after all, but I draw the comparison anyways for the way you deal with new users. You welcome newcomers and go out of your way to help them feel integrated, where a lot of other senior users ignore or even deride them. At the end of the day, it's people like you who truly allow the community to grow - though I suppose we could do without the loudness, vulgarity, and tactlessness.
IronBullet We haven't talked much but from what I've seen, you're an amazing leader for rating/tutoring. You're super active and always seem to maintain a level head.
ItzViper482 At first I was a bit worried about how well you'd fit into the community, but it looks like I didn't need to. Keep on contributing, and stick around in LC!
ium Hi! I don't really go on Skype anymore but I'm still on PS fairly often if you want to chat, though it doesn't seem like we usually have a lot of things to chat about. Thanks a bunch for getting me into properly rating.
Jac Fun user to chat with, probably manager of the scariest LCPL team after my own. Thoughts on Foongus getting Toxic Spikes later on in gen 7?
Joltage It's really unfortunate that you never post outside of LC UU (may it rest in peace), because you're pretty good at mons and I feel like you'd have a lot of good things to say. Consider being more active for sumo!
Kingler12345 is a garbage name, Kingler is a garbage mon, cutiefly is great, and my foongus avatar is better than all the ones you've ever had combined. That being said, our random friendlies are always fun, mostly to boost my ego in easy games hahaha
kingmidas I'm officially a senior LCer now. suck it
Mambo For the record, I treat friendships and suspect tests completely separately, which is why I sometimes say rude things during them. Regardless of your incorrect opinions on Diglett/Drifloon, I still consider you a very good friend. I guess this entire post could be considered a shoutout to you since I'm just stealing your cores as usual. Stick around in LC!
marvelous If infamy is jesus, does that make starmaster the virgin mary?
Max Carvalho Foongus is top tier, Cutiefly is going to make Baton Pass way more broken, and CurseChic isn't as predictable anymore now that people are wary of LO Torchic. Perhaps this is the time to make a comeback for more than one/two weeks in a row?
Merritt When I took a break around this time last year, I ended up sneaking back onto Smogon while logged out because I'm that sort of guy, oops. I noticed that user: Merritt was viewing Corporal Levi's profile. This made the "No levi don't be dead pls" message you posted feel a bit more genuine, and it ended up sticking with me. Now, when I brought you up for various nominations and one of the main complaints was that you didn't seem genuine, I obviously couldn't bring up such a silly reason. It's good that you're making your way up anyways, though, and we'll get you your deserved ladybug eventually!
mrnoodleoctopus just a heads up that you're unbanned! (I think)
Nineage Even though the way you suddenly try to contribute a ton in a specific area out of the blue comes off as badge-wanting-y, I think that everybody just overlooks it because a. your contributions are good, and b. they're like, really really good. The CCaT you hosted was the best (and frankly only good) CCaT LC has seen, your analyses are consistently high quality, and CleanRMT is the best thing ever. Also, though you've always been a fun guy to just chat with, I feel that you've changed a lot over the past few years; you're a lot more laid-back now. Unfortunately, your mons skills haven't improved much :(
Nudisto notice me
Oma It was nice to have you around - you were a good rater and a fungi, plus the subject of a million LFC memes. Come back for sumo?
OP Can we just take a moment to appreciate how much your C&C modding improved the quality of LC analyses? It's honestly absurd how easy it is to recognize whether an analysis was written before OP took over and after OP took over. You could pin it on more dedicated/higher quality analysis writers joining, like Sparktrain and Berks, but at the end of the day, you led the QC team to turn our analyses from something we would try to ignore to something we could be proud of.
PttP Thanks for drafting me in my first LCPL!
Quote I may have annoyed you in the past but I super duper respect you as a tier leader. You may not have done everything right, but you've done more right things than any other LC tier leader I've seen. I don't think you're as bad at mons as sometimes make yourself out to be, but even if you were, the fact is that if anybody else had taken your place, the LC community would not be able to make it to where it is now.
rhydonphilip Some people tend to dismiss your posts because of your writing style, but I think that's quite unfair. You have solid knowledge of the LC metagame and often have good things to add to a conversation for those who are willing to take the time to read. Stick around in LC!
Rowan I remember how, as tier leader, you managed to keep the LC community from disappearing just by being popular. You used to be the #1 guy I would look up to, and to an extent I still do - you're really good at the metagames you're familiar with, can come up with some fun builds and are generally friendly. I'd rank you as the best LC player for most of 2014, and I have no doubt that if you have the time to really get into gen 7 you'd become a top player again. And of course, thanks for the avatar!
RZL Start playing LC again for SuMo!
Sam-testings Holy moly, you've improved so much as a user. What happened in the year that you were gone? You're always a fun/pleasant presence in the chat, and you've managed to integrate yourself into the inner part of the LC community pretty quickly - all without learning to play mons
Shrug Now that I've finally gotten a chance to draft you onto the Winning LCPL Team (no complaints there, since you won every single game that mattered), I think it's safe to completely move on from my very bad time as hoppips manager. Which means that here I can talk about how you're an incredibly good contributor, a top notch battler, a super interesting teambuilder, and often the life of our chatrooms. You deciding to stick with LC turned out to be huge.
slurmz As much as I like to pick on you, it's only because I think we're good enough friends for you not to mind. And also because it's just so easy oml
Snobalt To be honest, I remember taking one look at "Snob alt" (which is a way more intuitive way to read it than "Sno Balt", by the way) and thinking you'd probably quit before I ever ended up interacting with you, but it turns out you're actually quite pleasant and generally a friendly guy. We don't talk much because you don't play LC, but you should definitely consider getting into LC because it's great!
sparktrain I hope real life is going well for you, and it's all right that you've quit, because you've certainly made your impression on LC. The QC team will remember you as the best analysis writer in the history of LC, and I don't think any of us will forget that you really did straight up save the LC community from disappearing.
Sparkychild small & short midget
Splashyship hey. big fan dude
Star It looks like some things have happened so that you wouldn't be sure, so let me make this clear. I have a very short list of close friends for whom I would be willing to consider changing my opinion on some topic, if it helps stop them from being put down for whatever reason; you're definitely among them.
Superpowerdude The original LC rater! Thanks for encouraging me to rate - I think that if I didn't have resident LC rater as my identity, I wouldn't have become recognizable in the LC community. I hope you'll be back for SuMo!
tazz You were really good at LC before you went inactive. Do you plan to be back?
TheFenderStory Probably the chillest guy in the LC community, like I don't know of anybody who dislikes you. You're still nothing more than hot garbage at ORAS LC, but I don't know if the LC community would've been able to make it without your efforts with the fringe servers and LFC. Horrible as a battler, but amazing as a friend.
tko I know you're not super fond of the LC community, and we for sure have some shittier members, but I don't think we're so bad as a whole. And even if we were, ORAS LC is the best metagame in the world, Diglett or not. So try giving us a second chance, and stick around in LC!
Tricking Super solid battler and one of the few active QCers we have left. It doesn't look like you participate much in the community anymore but we'd for sure appreciate it if you do.
Ununhexium Not much has changed here since the last time I gave you a shoutout, but this Thursday, you'll have a chance to get into a metagame right from the start and really make yourself known in the metagame - try going with LC!
VeryExcitedLapras You should be more confident in your battling abilities - a loss or even losing streak almost never means anything more than temporary tilt. That being said, feel free to ask for help - you just may not need it as much as you think.
Vubon Did you just lose interest in LC post-floon? I haven't seen you around in a while. For the record, Drifloon may not have been broken, but that tied into how it didn't actually have a chance to influence the metagame much - ORAS LC is still lots of fun. The way we're running SuMo LC means that it'll probably be a good metagame as well - perhaps make a return?
WaterlessMelon I'm not going to stop you if you're moving on from mons, but while you were around I always considered you really good at LC and a very good friend. Try visiting once in a while so we can catch up, and feel free to return if mons seems interesting again.
Wobbyble I guess you don't really do mons things anymore, but you definitely made an impression on me when I first started. Slowfoo is still one of my favourite Pokemon sets in the metagame.
Wretched Waltz Just a heads up that our teams should still be functional in early SuMo. If you have any questions just let me know.
Yagura We haven't talked in forever - how has university been? If you ever get some free time, ORAS LC is super fun and I bet SuMo LC will be too.
zeriloa Hey, I am ready to teach you lc whenever. Just sign up for battling 101, I am an Official Tutor
ZoroarkForever One of the best ORAS LCers overall for sure - so many of your teams manage to become meta for a reason. I always feel more confident in my teams after I have your input, and of course, discussing the metagame with you is always fun. On top of that, you carried the BW slot and the munnas in general. Is there nothing he can't do?
GarchompPit Steelgrassify zerocielX Hi from Chaos/Jungle!
067jox Fille Don't be discouraged by the reception to your viability rankings posts - I'm pretty sure making unpopular nominations is a phase that 90% of LC contributors go through. You two definitely have the metagame knowledge and general mons ability to become great contributors if you decide to stick around.

Aladyyn Amir athleteandy1 BurgerCarbink Crystalites Eniigma Enki Expulso fran17 gangsterish GrilledClawitzer Harvest God HeaLnDeaL inscribe Jetpack John76 Kavatika Kit Kasai Krubby Kumiho Kushalos Mewsthebest Misaka Mikoto nv Pancham Pearl Pikasohn Ranger Mike rssp1 Shaymin :D Slashari teal6 The Avalanches Tricking TUO Turtleye Vileman Water Drone wishes

Aerow mad0ka Sken Tahu trash thank you.

Fiend

Duskull @ Eviolite
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Pain Split

Porygon @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Last Resort
-
-

Nincada @ Eviolite
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 188 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- X-Scissor
- Mud-Slap

Charmander @ Berry Juice
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 12 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Cottonee @ Heat Rock
EVs: 36 Def / 224 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Memento

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

I built the team around Duskull as requested. Since Duskull is such a menacing Trick Room sweeper, I decided that the best option would be to include another Trick Room abuser to form an offensive core. Porygon fits right in because it is the best Pokemon in the game, and they synergize because Duskull can check Fighting-types. Plus Porygon can set up Trick Room on its own and sweep, too. If Porygon gets the Download boost, Silk Scarf Last Resort OHKOes fastfoo!

Next, a way to counter Foongus was requested. At first I was going to give up and leave the team at those two Pokemon because Foongus is the best Pokemon in the game and should be S, but then I realized that there is one Pokemon that can do the job. Specially Defensive Nincada walls Foongus and easily defeats trappers; X-Scissor 2HKOes Eviolite Gothita to prevent set-up, and with the given EVs, LO Diglett almost never 4HKOes with Rock Slide. Mud Slap is because Nincada is this team's main check to Fighting-types, and Nincada's best option against Timburr is to lower its accuracy.

Then I included Charmander because I've caught so many that I may as well add one here.

Charmander needs Sun and Memento support to get in safely and attempt a sweep, and Cottonee provides them both, plus it doesn't really have a back so it won't have back pain. An offensive set lets it break walls like Ferroseed and Slowpoke, and lure in Foongus after Foongus has been Knocked Off and hit by Worry Seed. Also, it synergizes defensively with Charmander so that it can more easily get Charmander in on a Pokemon that Charmander can set up on.

Specially Defensive Pawniard rounds out the team by being the best Pawniard set in the game and patching up holes. It checks and potentially traps Fletchling, sets up Stealth Rock, Knocks Off Mienfoo so that Porygon can OHKO it faster, and checks opposing Pawniard with Brick Break.

Be sure to use this team against me if we are battling for a tour game. I will not be prepared.

Replays:
vs poopins

Aaron's Aron Hopefully your concussion is okay now. You keep on coming back and then leaving - maybe you'll be back for good next gen?
absdaddy I know life has been busier for you, and I hope things have been going well. I assume you'll be back for a visit next summer to dominate another round of LCPL.
Aconit Where'd you go?
Alice Kazumi I hope your lc open r4 post wasn't serious, because you're really a fantastic LC player. It looks like you're good at other tiers as well, but if you decide to start seriously contributing in LC, your input would definitely be appreciated.
Altariel von Sweep Newer players are always welcome in the LC community, but it's very rare that they're both eager to contribute and already competent. You happen to be both. Stick around in LC!
Amp Pharaohs I guess you've lost interest in LC for now, but if things haven't been too busy, you should come back for sumo!
Antgeezy Congrats on the un-chatban.
But as easy as it is to find something to make fun of you about, you're a good friend with a great sleep schedule. It's fine that mons doesn't float your boat.
apt-get Man, you and absdaddy completely beat the rest of us to the punch with all that hyper offense; too bad you don't really do much anymore. I've always thought you're a good player, and you've made some really cool builds. Maybe missy will be freed in gen 7?
AroundTheSwirlz Swirlix will likely not be freed next generation. Sorry for your loss
Ashley11 Back for sumo, or are you already here under an alt?
bb skarm For the longest time I thought mysteria was just good at quitting until I learned of the name change. We haven't talked in a while - hope things are going all right.
Berks Since this is a shoutout, obligatory mention that you're a super duper great and really good contributor, as well as just a fun guy to talk to. Also, I have a few things to ask, we should have a chat soon
blarajan It looks like you've ditched LC for the time being, so I can now say suck-up free that I thought you were a super good LC tier leader. I don't know if it was just your position as former tier leader, but I've always found that you're really able to command respect with your posts, even if your opinion on Diglett is 100% wrong. Hope VGC goes well.
blizzardy Just a heads up that it's still pretty hard to make a chinchou-less team, though not as hard as before! Do you plan to make a return for sumo?
boo836 Do you remember your Gothita analysis? Well, HP Fire on ScarfGoth is pretty much irrelevant now and CM Goth is the next big thing, so it looks like you were ahead of your time. (Wynaut and Pancham still haven't caught on yet, though.) I said so the last time you made a comeback, but I think the community has improved even further. You should consider sticking around the next time you pay us a visit.
Brazilian Army Your legacy hasn't died yet. Webs continues to be a strong strategy and is still mostly associated with Brazil. Elekid has gotten nominated to B+ a few times now. You may have lost interest in LC, but LC hasn't lost interest in the trends you set. I look forward to what you have to bring next gen.
Bughouse Thanks again for carrying the LC UU slot for the Duskulls!
Caledrith Welcome back!!! You came back to the best metagame (and community!) that LC has ever been, but if you're not ready to dive into that just yet, four-man league parties are always a blast (even if a minimum of two of us feed every time). Lots of things have changed over the past couple years, but our general inability to quit LC sure hasn't.
Celestavian I don't talk with you much except about mons related things, but you seem like a fun guy (too bad your favourite mon is walled by those). Your posts are always reasonable and often put things in a new perspective, so it'd be cool if you started contributing more again.
cityfolk Are you an NU guy now or something? LC's pretty much the best tier in the game right now, so you should definitely check it out!
Coconut There's not much to say here. Thanks for being a great friend, and thank goodness you're around, or the LC community might not even exist.
Conni You may not be top notch in metagame knowledge, but it's always super great to see new users eager to contribute. Stick around!
Coryn02 Thanks for being an incredibly dedicated tutee - I hope you learned enough that if you decide to get back into LC, it'll be smooth sailing. Even if competitive mons isn't your thing, it's nice to have you as a friend.
cuteflounder Did you completely quit mons
Cydrolic I'm sure you know that you used to be unpopular, but now that you've been gone for a bit I think people are starting to appreciate your contributions. Personally I've always found you to be friendly enough, and certainly good at LC - feel free to come back whenever, and consider beginning to contribute on the forums.
DaRizzleTheMan What happened after like the first week?
Dhaora Nerdy as ever, I bet. Hope life is going well for you, and come back for a visit some time soon!
dsr95 Mostly we just chat about whatever now (and sometimes you try to chat when I'm afk), but I'll make it clear now that you're probably the one person that I respect the most in this community. To this day I still try to emulate how you welcomed new users, and whenever we talk about good auth, you're always the first to come to mind. You're pretty good at mons as well, but the main thing I'll remember you for is how you got so many of us into the community - I really do appreciate it.
Dustflier Pretty much the worst league player on the planet. Also, did you give up on topping the ladder after going like 5-2? I guess being that nerdy doesn't leave you with much choice haha. For real though, you should get back into mons for sumo. It's going to be great
Eren Yeagar We haven't forgotten you! Leaving so abruptly without explanation definitely left an impression on us - hopefully you'll come back. Or are you already here under a different account (I can understand why)? If so, let me know - I promise I won't leak.
fatty Cool guy, really good at mons. I think I've disagreed with you on more suspects than not, but you're always able to articulate your opinions well.
Fiend There's no doubt by now that you're one of the best LC players around - your metagame knowledge is top notch, you can consistently build solid teams, and you just generally know what to do. You're pleasant to talk to and have good things to add to any mons-related conversation. It's a good thing that you won't be leaving any time soon, because at this point, the LC community really wouldn't be the same without you.
ggggd Here's another relatively unknown LCer who I definitely think ranks among the best. I don't know how much you actually build, but once the battle starts you pretty much always make the optimal play. You may not be super fluent in English, but don't be afraid to post - your opinions are definitely valued as those of a very solid LC player.
GlassGlaceon We already caught up on things recently, glad things are going well. Come back for sumo!
GOAO You may act differently to some other people, but to me, you're still a great friend, an excellent LCer, and cool like an owl. If you ever decide to go back to contributing in earnest, I'm sure you know that the community will welcome you with open arms; right now, it's just those little things with your personality that would be trivial for you to not even change, just sort of ignore - just look at how much you've improved already - but make all the difference in first impressions. From your battling abilities alone, though, I think you'd make a great addition to any SPL team. Go Goao!
Heysup It feels weird to be writing this when I can just click the move with the highest crit rate and come out with easy wins every game, but you're for sure the LCer I've looked up to the longest. Most of the big names when I first joined ended up going inactive, but you've remained one of the strongest LC players the entire time, and regardless of the easy crits, you're still the one person I'd rather not face in a tour game. There's a reason why Aerow always asked for your opinion regarding ADV LC - your opinion is a pretty big deal around here.
H0W3AN Always nice to have new contributors around! But fix your name because it's pretty awful right now. Also, I've decided that you now only need 3 wins with bp against LC roomauth to qualify you to write the analysis. Make sure to save replays, but don't mention that I told you to use bp.
Holiday As fun as it was to make fun of you, it was only because I think we're tight enough for me to get away with it. Hope life is treating you well, visit often, come up with better RMT names, and strongly consider becoming active again for sumo!
Infamy I'm being completely honest here: you remind me of Aerow, except you're a lot louder, more vulgar, less tactful, and not Norweigan. So I guess you two aren't so alike after all, but I draw the comparison anyways for the way you deal with new users. You welcome newcomers and go out of your way to help them feel integrated, where a lot of other senior users ignore or even deride them. At the end of the day, it's people like you who truly allow the community to grow - though I suppose we could do without the loudness, vulgarity, and tactlessness.
IronBullet We haven't talked much but from what I've seen, you're an amazing leader for rating/tutoring. You're super active and always seem to maintain a level head.
ItzViper482 At first I was a bit worried about how well you'd fit into the community, but it looks like I didn't need to. Keep on contributing, and stick around in LC!
ium Hi! I don't really go on Skype anymore but I'm still on PS fairly often if you want to chat, though it doesn't seem like we usually have a lot of things to chat about. Thanks a bunch for getting me into properly rating.
Jac Fun user to chat with, probably manager of the scariest LCPL team after my own. Thoughts on Foongus getting Toxic Spikes later on in gen 7?
Joltage It's really unfortunate that you never post outside of LC UU (may it rest in peace), because you're pretty good at mons and I feel like you'd have a lot of good things to say. Consider being more active for sumo!
Kingler12345 is a garbage name, Kingler is a garbage mon, cutiefly is great, and my foongus avatar is better than all the ones you've ever had combined. That being said, our random friendlies are always fun, mostly to boost my ego in easy games hahaha
kingmidas I'm officially a senior LCer now. suck it
Mambo For the record, I treat friendships and suspect tests completely separately, which is why I sometimes say rude things during them. Regardless of your incorrect opinions on Diglett/Drifloon, I still consider you a very good friend. I guess this entire post could be considered a shoutout to you since I'm just stealing your cores as usual. Stick around in LC!
marvelous If infamy is jesus, does that make starmaster the virgin mary?
Max Carvalho Foongus is top tier, Cutiefly is going to make Baton Pass way more broken, and CurseChic isn't as predictable anymore now that people are wary of LO Torchic. Perhaps this is the time to make a comeback for more than one/two weeks in a row?
Merritt When I took a break around this time last year, I ended up sneaking back onto Smogon while logged out because I'm that sort of guy, oops. I noticed that user: Merritt was viewing Corporal Levi's profile. This made the "No levi don't be dead pls" message you posted feel a bit more genuine, and it ended up sticking with me. Now, when I brought you up for various nominations and one of the main complaints was that you didn't seem genuine, I obviously couldn't bring up such a silly reason. It's good that you're making your way up anyways, though, and we'll get you your deserved ladybug eventually!
mrnoodleoctopus just a heads up that you're unbanned! (I think)
Nineage Even though the way you suddenly try to contribute a ton in a specific area out of the blue comes off as badge-wanting-y, I think that everybody just overlooks it because a. your contributions are good, and b. they're like, really really good. The CCaT you hosted was the best (and frankly only good) CCaT LC has seen, your analyses are consistently high quality, and CleanRMT is the best thing ever. Also, though you've always been a fun guy to just chat with, I feel that you've changed a lot over the past few years; you're a lot more laid-back now. Unfortunately, your mons skills haven't improved much :(
Nudisto notice me
Oma It was nice to have you around - you were a good rater and a fungi, plus the subject of a million LFC memes. Come back for sumo?
OP Can we just take a moment to appreciate how much your C&C modding improved the quality of LC analyses? It's honestly absurd how easy it is to recognize whether an analysis was written before OP took over and after OP took over. You could pin it on more dedicated/higher quality analysis writers joining, like Sparktrain and Berks, but at the end of the day, you led the QC team to turn our analyses from something we would try to ignore to something we could be proud of.
PttP Thanks for drafting me in my first LCPL!
Quote I may have annoyed you in the past but I super duper respect you as a tier leader. You may not have done everything right, but you've done more right things than any other LC tier leader I've seen. I don't think you're as bad at mons as sometimes make yourself out to be, but even if you were, the fact is that if anybody else had taken your place, the LC community would not be able to make it to where it is now.
rhydonphilip Some people tend to dismiss your posts because of your writing style, but I think that's quite unfair. You have solid knowledge of the LC metagame and often have good things to add to a conversation for those who are willing to take the time to read. Stick around in LC!
Rowan I remember how, as tier leader, you managed to keep the LC community from disappearing just by being popular. You used to be the #1 guy I would look up to, and to an extent I still do - you're really good at the metagames you're familiar with, can come up with some fun builds and are generally friendly. I'd rank you as the best LC player for most of 2014, and I have no doubt that if you have the time to really get into gen 7 you'd become a top player again. And of course, thanks for the avatar!
RZL Start playing LC again for SuMo!
Sam-testings Holy moly, you've improved so much as a user. What happened in the year that you were gone? You're always a fun/pleasant presence in the chat, and you've managed to integrate yourself into the inner part of the LC community pretty quickly - all without learning to play mons
Shrug Now that I've finally gotten a chance to draft you onto the Winning LCPL Team (no complaints there, since you won every single game that mattered), I think it's safe to completely move on from my very bad time as hoppips manager. Which means that here I can talk about how you're an incredibly good contributor, a top notch battler, a super interesting teambuilder, and often the life of our chatrooms. You deciding to stick with LC turned out to be huge.
slurmz As much as I like to pick on you, it's only because I think we're good enough friends for you not to mind. And also because it's just so easy oml
Snobalt To be honest, I remember taking one look at "Snob alt" (which is a way more intuitive way to read it than "Sno Balt", by the way) and thinking you'd probably quit before I ever ended up interacting with you, but it turns out you're actually quite pleasant and generally a friendly guy. We don't talk much because you don't play LC, but you should definitely consider getting into LC because it's great!
sparktrain I hope real life is going well for you, and it's all right that you've quit, because you've certainly made your impression on LC. The QC team will remember you as the best analysis writer in the history of LC, and I don't think any of us will forget that you really did straight up save the LC community from disappearing.
Sparkychild small & short midget
Splashyship hey. big fan dude
Star It looks like some things have happened so that you wouldn't be sure, so let me make this clear. I have a very short list of close friends for whom I would be willing to consider changing my opinion on some topic, if it helps stop them from being put down for whatever reason; you're definitely among them.
Superpowerdude The original LC rater! Thanks for encouraging me to rate - I think that if I didn't have resident LC rater as my identity, I wouldn't have become recognizable in the LC community. I hope you'll be back for SuMo!
tazz You were really good at LC before you went inactive. Do you plan to be back?
TheFenderStory Probably the chillest guy in the LC community, like I don't know of anybody who dislikes you. You're still nothing more than hot garbage at ORAS LC, but I don't know if the LC community would've been able to make it without your efforts with the fringe servers and LFC. Horrible as a battler, but amazing as a friend.
tko I know you're not super fond of the LC community, and we for sure have some shittier members, but I don't think we're so bad as a whole. And even if we were, ORAS LC is the best metagame in the world, Diglett or not. So try giving us a second chance, and stick around in LC!
Tricking Super solid battler and one of the few active QCers we have left. It doesn't look like you participate much in the community anymore but we'd for sure appreciate it if you do.
Ununhexium Not much has changed here since the last time I gave you a shoutout, but this Thursday, you'll have a chance to get into a metagame right from the start and really make yourself known in the metagame - try going with LC!
VeryExcitedLapras You should be more confident in your battling abilities - a loss or even losing streak almost never means anything more than temporary tilt. That being said, feel free to ask for help - you just may not need it as much as you think.
Vubon Did you just lose interest in LC post-floon? I haven't seen you around in a while. For the record, Drifloon may not have been broken, but that tied into how it didn't actually have a chance to influence the metagame much - ORAS LC is still lots of fun. The way we're running SuMo LC means that it'll probably be a good metagame as well - perhaps make a return?
WaterlessMelon I'm not going to stop you if you're moving on from mons, but while you were around I always considered you really good at LC and a very good friend. Try visiting once in a while so we can catch up, and feel free to return if mons seems interesting again.
Wobbyble I guess you don't really do mons things anymore, but you definitely made an impression on me when I first started. Slowfoo is still one of my favourite Pokemon sets in the metagame.
Wretched Waltz Just a heads up that our teams should still be functional in early SuMo. If you have any questions just let me know.
Yagura We haven't talked in forever - how has university been? If you ever get some free time, ORAS LC is super fun and I bet SuMo LC will be too.
zeriloa Hey, I am ready to teach you lc whenever. Just sign up for battling 101, I am an Official Tutor
ZoroarkForever One of the best ORAS LCers overall for sure - so many of your teams manage to become meta for a reason. I always feel more confident in my teams after I have your input, and of course, discussing the metagame with you is always fun. On top of that, you carried the BW slot and the munnas in general. Is there nothing he can't do?
GarchompPit Steelgrassify zerocielX Hi from Chaos/Jungle!
067jox Fille Don't be discouraged by the reception to your viability rankings posts - I'm pretty sure making unpopular nominations is a phase that 90% of LC contributors go through. You two definitely have the metagame knowledge and general mons ability to become great contributors if you decide to stick around.

Aladyyn Amir athleteandy1 BurgerCarbink Crystalites Eniigma Enki Expulso fran17 gangsterish GrilledClawitzer Harvest God HeaLnDeaL inscribe Jetpack John76 Kavatika Kit Kasai Krubby Kumiho Kushalos Mewsthebest Misaka Mikoto nv Pancham Pearl Pikasohn Ranger Mike rssp1 Shaymin :D Slashari teal6 The Avalanches Tricking TUO Turtleye Vileman Water Drone wishes

Aerow mad0ka Sken Tahu trash thank you.
Took way to long man lol, Now get back to contributing! btw to newer users who don't get this post, Levi wanted to top off 1000 posts with a shitpost, so only use this team if you really, really, really, really, really want to. And I've given up on the baton pass shit.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
howean said i'm on the team (i'm omnipresent ig) bc some request are not being completed. Just a preface, these are first drafts, but also overall decent!
Hi!

I would like to request a team built around clamperl.

So Clamperl as a whole is hard to use due to being revenge killed by everything under the sun, and somehow always just too weak to KO something. So the best way to fix that is pair it with Gothita to remove 5/8 of what stops a Clamperl sweep, and then use Substitute Perl to make Sucker Punch users cry. Surf at +2 is strong enough to OHKO itemless foongus, which is why we have 2 Knock Off spammers that bring it in all the time. Goth breaks Abra's Sash, traps Croagunk, traps Timburr, traps Fletchling, and does enough to Ferroseed (which gets Knocked and whittled by Cottonee anyway). Pawniard is there to get up SR and give the team a buffer against most other fast mons such as Gastly, Abra, and Smashers, Rock Polish Archen, etc. Fletchling is there in order to handle most of what Pawn cannot, and helps the Gastly matchup. It is the 3rd Fletchling check. Fletchling also enjoys being paired with Gothita, which traps the now rare Archen for it. Cottonee is therefore Memento support, general Knock Spam and typing synergy, while being a Pawniard check. Mienfoo is on almost all my teams, but is needed to help out in the Magnemite and Gastly matchup. Mienfoo is Feint as to pick off low health Fletchlings and Abra.

The team is somewhat weak to Gastly, Pawniard, Goth+Corphish, and Shellder teams which try to overload Pawniard. If you don't get haxed or terribly outplayed. The team should do well enough.
Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 248 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Feint
- High Jump Kick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 120 Def / 64 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Memento
- Giga Drain

Fletchling
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 36 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Swords Dance
Replays: 1 | 2

I'd like a team built around a Water Spam. The Water Spam must have 2 mons, and one of them must be Corphish.

So I've been really liking DD Corphish's matchup lately, so I used DD Corphish as the mon to build around. Then I added a Staryu counter in CHinchou, which helped wear down everything that DD Corphish cannot. Chinchou also has Sucker Punch because I hate Abra and Gastly can be annoying and it's kinda cool in general. You can use Heal Bell or HP Ground but I'm not. Scarf Pawniard is there for its power and speed, as well as a second Fletchling switch in and Stealth Rocks. Pawniard hits everything hard with Knock Off which is good since we have DD Corphish, and it happens to Pursuit trap Gastly (I hate this thing if you cannot tell). Scarf Pawniard makes a decent Snivy check as well, which is important given this is Water-spam. And because I'm super creative HP Psychic Foongus is there to help against Cottonee and Croagunk. I've been seeing a trend of teams losing to CM Spritzee recently due to an overreliance of Pawniard, which this helps prevent. Timburr just felt right on the team, given its Ice Punch punches everything that really can take on Corphish and it does decent in general. Timburr helps against Carvanha and Smashers too, which with Scarf Pawniard can be an issue. Vullaby also just felt right as it handled Foongus for the team when we cannot OHKO it. It also helps against Abra, and most things cannot OHKO it. It's an annoying mon, and pretty good at softening up everything for DD Phish while giving Sun teams hell.

The team is a little weak to 4 attack Abra, Drilbur, offensive Archen, and wallbreakers such as Doduo, Vulpix, and Houndour are irksome. Other things are probably annoying but you have enough priority to make most things fine to play against. Moreover, DD Phish only needs a mild amount of teams that lack Scarf Chou are not rather bulky. Since most teams are offensively inclined and overly reliant on 18 & 17 mons plus priority to handle everything you should be okay if you pressure them enough.
Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
Replays: 1 | 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)