/QUOTE Inop taken from last year and originally adapted from the UU Majors
The tournament is divided into two stages - a round-robin qualifier and an elimination bracket. During Stage 1, players will be divided into pools, where they will play every other member of the pool in a best-of-one round robin over the course of 2 weeks. Pool leaders will be selected by tournament hosts to ensure that each pool is more competitive.
At the end of Stage 1, each player will be ranked within his or her pool. The top two players of each pool will advance to Stage 2, where they will be entered into a single elimination bracket. LC circuit points will be awarded to everybody in stage 2, using the following scoring table.
Tour Specific Rules
- This is a standard SV LC tournament.
- Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
- Each pool will have a Pool Leader who will be handpicked by the tournament hosts.
- Stage 1 matches will be best-of-one. You may switch teams between opponents.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
- If any changes to the tier occur during Stage 1, they will not be implemented until Stage 2.
- You must be active in scheduling with your opponents. The tournament hosts will be very strict about activity during Stage 1. Please use the VM wall so that your activity attempts are visible, and be as specific as possible when scheduling. Extensions WILL NOT be given.
- Stage 1 is a round robin format. This means that you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to playing games with potential substitutes.
- Stage 2 is a single elimination bracket, where you will play best of three series with your matched opponent.
- Posting replays is mandatory for the entire tournament to encourage higher quality games and aid development of the LC metagame.
- You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules
- Substitutes will be slotted in as players drop out or in mass a few days into the round. If you are tagged due to being in danger of being subbed out you must either post in the thread or on either player's wall within 24 hours or risk being subbed out.
- VMs are only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.
DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT TO PLAYING ALL OF STAGE 1. EVEN IF YOU ARE ELIMINATED, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF YOUR MATCHES. REFUSING TO PLAY ONCE YOU ARE OUT COULD RESULT IN A BAN FROM FUTURE LC CIRCUIT TOURS.
If you don't get what the pools format will look like, see the last year's pool thread!
Post to sign up! There is no cap on signups but posting early will always be safest. Signups will close Wednesday May 31st and the pools round will be posted on by the following weekend.