Project LC Family Feud (New Game Show Hype!)

approved by macle
ff1.jpg

LC Family Feud
Run By: ItzViper482 aka ItzRaven482
Welcome to LC Family Feud. The new LC game show hosted by yours truly. In this game, 2 teams of 6 will compete. Teams will be assigned with a randomizer. The teambuilding will be done in rounds. With the first round allowing the first player of each team to pick 1 mon. After the first mons are picked, I will ask the second person from each team to give me a mon. This mon could help the first mon your team picked or it can be a counter to what the other team picked. If you haven't caught it already this means that each team will see the other teams build while they are making it. This is meant to add a bit more strategy to the game to see what people come up with if they can see there opponents team. Once all the mons are in and the teams are set, I will ask the teams to get in either a skype room or just pm each other while the two teams compete against each other. The teams will then do a battle on showdown with their teams. Winning team gets their team and names in the Hall Of Fame.

Please note that teambuilding is done live and in rounds so that each team can see the others being made adding to the strategy aspect of the game.

Please if you sign up for this game don't be rude and screw your team over by picking dumb mons. I will allow weird sets and underused mons, but the second someone says magikarp they aren't playing.

I will try my best to get one of these done every Saturday at 4:00 pm EST.

EDIT: To sign up for this game pm me on showdown at 3:45 pm EST on Saturday. If we get more than 12 people by 4:00 ill randomly select who gets in.

At the end of building I will now ask the teams if they would like a bo3. If they do not agree it is default bo1

Shout-outs to Sam for helping. Sorry for earlier confusion. I hope this rendition is easier to understand and more competitive.

Example Teambuilding
(all these mons should be with a set as well im just lazy).
Round 1
(Done by first player of each team)

Team 1- Foongus. Team 2- Shellder.
Round 2
(Done by second player of each team)

Team 1- Slowpoke. Team 2- Vullaby.
Round 3
(Done by third player of each team)

Team 1- Mienfoo. Team 2- Magnemite.
This would then keep going for 3 more rounds until both teams have a full squad.
After this the two teams battle with their squads and winner goes in hall of fame.

Last edited:
Week 1

Team 1- H0W3AN, Fiend, sparktrain, snake_rattler, Abascus The Great, and SuperSixFighter
Team 2- ggggd, infamy, Summer Holiday, Gerudo Flygon, and Cheek Pouch
Team 1's Squad- http://pastebin.com/pHD5CCPn
Team 2's Squad- http://pastebin.com/yVNGKF8b
Team 1 player sparktrain went last in building because of doggy problems but still helped build and battle.
Team 2 player Atomic Allele left at the very beginning so she was not included in the teams building or battling. ggggd took her teambuilding spot. Also in team 2, Gerudo Flygon couldn't stay for the battle but did help build the team.
Finnaly, both teams agreed on a bo3 so they did.

Game 1- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-385205908
Game 2- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-385211461

Winner Team 2!

Week 2
Team 1- Mambo, ggggd, PoppliNo, Just Halo, Dhaora, trash
Team 2- Melon, Altariel von Sweep, tahu, Antgeezy, 067jox, H0W3AN
Team 1's Squad- http://pastebin.com/GF4LThzH
Team 2's Squad- http://pastebin.com/RyyEaR9X
Team 2 player H0W3AN left midway through build. Melon took his teambuilding spot. The teams agreed on Bo1.
The Game- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-391798284

Winner Team 2!

Last edited:
Week 1 gonna be this Saturday 4 pm EST. Please pm me on showdown with your mon. Sign ups open at 3:45 pm EST. Please do not sign up if you are not able to stay for the time needed for a full game.

Ok so this is meant to be a game for fun sorta like chopped. It is meant to see what funny teams we can come up with as a team. The projects goal i guess you could say is for lcers to have a fun thing to go to every week to just play a funny game as a team with some fellow lcers. Also it will be fun to see what teams we can make with people just shouting random mons.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok so this is meant to be a game for fun sorta like chopped. It is meant to see what funny teams we can come up with as a team. The projects goal i guess you could say is for lcers to have a fun thing to go to every week to just play a funny game as a team with some fellow lcers. Also it will be fun to see what teams we can make with people just shouting random mons.
but can you explain, like, the process

I'm sorry if these replies of mine are really dumb right now i just don't think i fully understand. The process (I think this is the answer you want xD) will be 12 people submit a mon to me. Then they get separated into teams randomly and combine the mons into a team. Then each group of 6 players fight each other with the team they just made as a group. Winner of that gets the team put into hall of fame.

After a lot of talk in skype chat and all of the comments I understand where every1 is confused and will fix soon. Sorry for confusion. Also, might make this a bit more competitive after a bit of thought and protests from nine about this being in a competitive discussion thread.

After the sort of rough start, I am happy to say the first Family Feud will be today. Signups start at 3:45 EST ad game starts and 4:00. PM me to join.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[21:33:51] %Berks: i think i got this now
[21:33:52] %Berks: so
[21:33:57] %Berks: twelve people enter
[21:34:06] %Berks: and are split into teams of six
[21:34:14] %Berks: at the same time
[21:34:18] %Berks: one person from each team
[21:34:26] %Berks: submits a mon for their team
[21:34:30] %Berks: publicly
[21:34:35] ItzRaven482: but not the set
[21:34:51] %Berks: so then another player from each team
[21:35:01] %Berks: submits a mon for their own team
[21:35:09] %Berks: and so on until each side has six mons
[21:35:35] ItzRaven482: you tell publicly the mon
[21:35:37] ItzRaven482: and give me the set
(at the same time)
[21:35:56] %Berks: and then you battle!
[21:36:01] %Berks: did i get it raven
[21:36:02] @Fiend Hound: 1 player from each team played
[21:36:16] ItzRaven482: and the rest ghosted
[21:36:18] ItzRaven482: yeah

Oh wow I suggested the exact same idea as this to Quote before and I was rejected ;~;

anyways, is there any other way to join in besides being present at 4:00EST? It's a bit hard to be there on that time for me Z:

Reactions: PD
Sorry that this has been dead some personal drama has come up and i swear i haven't forgot about this! Im planning for next week in the weekend to host this cause i will still be busy this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)