LC Analysis Resources and Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
The Quality Control (QC) Team
The Quality Control team is responsible to ensure every analysis is up to the high standards Smogon expects for its content. These analyses are being viewed by thousands of individuals across the world, so a high standard of quality is necessary.

If the QC team does not think your analysis is up to on-site standards, they have the right to reassign or reject it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with C&C standards if you wish to prevent this from being the case.

The LC QC Team:

For Writers - in the hide tag below is each member of the QC team and their userid in the format used for analyses.
[DC, 449990]
[Fiend, 208173]
[Coconut, 150971]
[Merritt, 213064]
[zizalith, 410251]
[San Tomas, 255030]
[LilyAC, 423793]
[KSG, 32350]
[gali, 107567]
[Acehunter1, 430377]

Important reading for people contributing to analyses
Welcome to Contributions and Corrections
Gen 8 Analysis Formatting Guide (both preview and full analysis formats)
Plagiarism Warnings (tl;dr don't do it)
Spelling and Grammar Standards

[SET]
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Set description goes here.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

[OVERVIEW]

Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams. See this thread for more tips.

[SET]
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
========

Describe what the moves on the set do, as well as the other aspects of the set such as the EVs and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[, ]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Berks has been added to our Quality Control team! He's a QC veteran, and we are excited to bring him on board as we finish up our pre-analyses.

We will soon be forming our permanent QC team as we move into full analyses. If you are interested in being a part of that team, the best thing to do is to am-check analyses. We will take frequency and quality of am-checks very seriously when looking to bring people on board for this gen.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with pre-analyses in any capacity!

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Given the release of DLC today that has the potential to dramatically change the metagame, LC will be temporarily freezing all in-progress analyses. Until the metagame has the time to adapt, we will not be administering QC checks or approving analysis reservations. Analyses currently in GP will continue as normal.

When we resume regular QC in several weeks, we will allow people to drop analyses that they are no longer interested in writing.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
QC checks will be resuming on all analyses effective immediately. Thank you all for your patience. If you are no longer interested in writing your analysis, please say so in the relevant thread.

A new slate will be released when the backlog clears somewhat.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
As many of you have noticed, DC is our new LC C&C mod - please give him a warm welcome! I'm sure his leadership will help things move faster around here while maintaining our high quality standards.

In related news, after 4 enjoyable years of modding LC C&C, I am stepping down as moderator and co-leader of this section. A huge thank you to everyone who has written or QCed for this section. I've appreciated all of your work and dedication, and I'm proud of all of the content that we put on the site. An extra big thank you to OP, Corporal Levi, and Merritt who all served as mods with me at various times. I'm not quitting Smogon or anything, though, so I'm sure I'll continue to see you all around. Stick around in LC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)