LC Analysis Questions and Suggestions

Kazt

Banned deucer.
Hello, I would like you to analyze Bunnelby Band

Is an excellent wallbreaker being able to give okho to any wall / bulky mons that is not resistant to the normal type. (He learns Earthquake and U-Turn which helps a lot to momentum and doing considerable damage to any pokemon not type Steel or Rock

Unlike the set (rather limited) this set if it is capable of as I mentioned above breaking everything and not having the recoil

I use a translator, my English is bad, I hope it is

I believe Firium Z should be slashed (or even main set) on the current Life Orb set.

I don't really see the merit in running LO currently. Firium Z with hazards can do so much more than LO Fire Blast can, for example: it can nab Mienfoo, Vullaby with some chip, and hazard stacking should be standard on any offensive quick pass team. Not only that, but F-z doesn't wear down Torchic like LO does, and allows it to come into the game more often, which can be a common instance when you use a quick pass team. LO HP Grass also doesn't seem to do significant. The only time I would ever see LO being more useful is if you already have a Z move on your team, but otherwise, the revenge killing that F-z torchic can do is pretty solid and LO seems useless.

Added this - OP

Last edited by a moderator:

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
On shellder Razor Shell is the 4th move, but I think Hydro Pump is overall better because it
  • Still beats Mudbray if the Mudbray manages to switch into a predicted rock blast.
  • Beats Snubbull at +2
  • Means you're still somewhat of a threat if you're in a position where you need to set up on burn users like Larvesta.
Afaik razor shell doesnt even do anything that Hydro Pump does?

and ev wise it can still run -spatk because the damage difference is mostly neglible, but -spdef can be used for a stronger hit on Pawniard and you don't set up on most special attackers anyways

Is it okay if I ask if Magikarp will get an analysis? With a Z-Splash and physically-oriented set, I can see it being successful. More successful than Cosmog at least.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it okay if I ask if Magikarp will get an analysis? With a Z-Splash and physically-oriented set, I can see it being successful. More successful than Cosmog at least.
Considering that even after a Z-Splash, Magikarp still only has 25 Attack, with its only physical moves being Flail and Tackle, this can not be seen as viable whatsoever. You're also using your Z-Move on something that will practically never do anything, offers no defensive synergy, doesn't find set up opportunities, and even if set up still will die very quickly. Being more useful than Cosmog is not exactly an accomplishment, since Cosmog literally gets no moves to do anything with. At all.

If you want to use a 19 Speed physical Water-type sweeper whose best coverage is Normal-type, just use Poliwag. And even that is barely viable.

Considering that even after a Z-Splash, Magikarp still only has 25 Attack, with its only physical moves being Flail and Tackle, this can not be seen as viable whatsoever. You're also using your Z-Move on something that will practically never do anything, offers no defensive synergy, doesn't find set up opportunities, and even if set up still will die very quickly. Being more useful than Cosmog is not exactly an accomplishment, since Cosmog literally gets no moves to do anything with. At all.

If you want to use a 19 Speed physical Water-type sweeper whose best coverage is Normal-type, just use Poliwag. And even that is barely viable.
So…the Karp still sucks. Ok then. Well, that fish is going to stay retarded.

I think Choice Scarf should be properly slashed on Surskit's analysis. Anyone who has used Surskit before understands that Focus Sash vs. Choice Scarf is preference, and since Fletchling is gone both are pretty good, good enough to be slashed imo. If I'm told to go through with this I can rewrite the last line of Set Details to make Choice Scarf sound better and more useful (avoids having to Speed tie Onix or Pikipek and avoids Taunt)

Hey, Pokemon from use of the Pomeg Glitch is allowed here, right? Question: what about the Ditto glitch from the VC games? (ie, getting a level 5 Slowpoke with Reflect)

Last edited:

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
and yea pomeg glitch is allowed, an example of which being staryu being able to use hydro pump in gens 3-6. hydro was also not compatible with analytic cause its a gen 3 glitch and a hidden ability making it impossible to have in gen 5 and 6. move relearner in gen 7 fixes this however.

and yea pomeg glitch is allowed, an example of which being staryu being able to use hydro pump in gens 3-6. hydro was also not compatible with analytic cause its a gen 3 glitch and a hidden ability making it impossible to have in gen 5 and 6. move relearner in gen 7 fixes this however.
Also Belly Drum + Extremespeed Zigzagoon

I'd like to rewrite Torchic's checks and counters section completely. I originally wrote that section to correspond with BP Set-up Chic, rather than its Offensive set, which is now clearly better. This is a pretty simple one, but if you read the current Checks and Counters section, there is an extremely clear bias towards BP rather than Offensive.

Also free Scarf Snivy for an analysis

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't think the former needs a new analysis and everything, just send me what you have in mind. scarf snivy is fine, you can reserve it

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
If scarf snivy is getting an analysis, should scarf corphish get one as well or is that one too unreliable?

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
it's really not that good since it is easier to just wall due to how lovely its checks and counters are in the meta. it's also really slow and more of a surprise set than anything. i'd vote no.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
alright how about idea #2 which i stole from drew (with consent of course): we give choice scarf mime jr a set? it had one last gen and it's not actually all that bad, it faces stupid competition from abra but it has a niche in healing wish that lets it heal up a crucial teammate like a shell smasher or other sweeper like vullaby.

i dont have to mention the mambo jox game because we're all thinking of it but if i must, it's a pretty good game that showcases mime jr's stuff.

I think the mienfoo analysis should be updated to mention the 23/14/14 spread on the bulky pivot set or at least somewhere in other options. I don't think I have to speak for anything the set can do, we all know just how good it is.

There should be a slight precision in Staryu's analysis. In the Life Orb set, if Staryu is running Rapid Spin over Hidden Power Fire, then a spread of 196 SpA/76 SpD/236 Spe should be used, to get a free extra point in Special Defense.

did this, but with def instead of spdef - OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There should be a slight precision in Staryu's analysis. In the Life Orb set, if Staryu is running Rapid Spin over Hidden Power Fire, then a spread of 196 SpA/76 SpD/236 Spe should be used, to get a free extra point in Special Defense.
I know I'm late, but Staryu cannot run that EV spread if its carrying Hidden Power Fire, because the 30 IVs forces Staryu to run 200 EVs in Special Attack and 240 EVs in Speed, thus making Special Defense EVs unuseful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)