SV OU Latios Balanced Offense team I cooked(1712 elo)

Screenshot_20240408_181116_Chrome.jpg

Hello, guys!
Today, I wrote this post because I wanted to team introduce my new team. I have cooked many teams, but this team was the best team I cooked so far. I hope you like this team, and please tell me if there is any problem.

This is the pokepaste of my team: https://pokepast.es/4921b918fe8b2f3f

Sanic Hegehog (Latios) @ Choice Specs
:latios:
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Luster Purge
:latios: is a great special attacking pokemon with high speed and special attack stat. I used it as a wall breaker since Luster Purge can lower foe's special defense. It is very strong to physical bulk mons like :dondozo:. Additionally, It can escape by using Flip Turn if fuckers like :kingambit: or :blissey: is about to switch in. For Tera, I chose steel to deal against Dragon and Fairy types(plus, If I Tera steel, I have only 2 weaknesses thanks to the Levitate lol), but If you want to deal with dark types AND dragon types, use fairy Tera instead.

The King (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
:kingambit:
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
The GOAT.
I think no explanations are needed, but I will explain it anyway because they are gonna lock me if I don't write any explanations.
:kingambit: is an excellent mon that has nice priority move, marvelous ability, great stats. I didn't invested on speed because I wanted bulk instead. I also didn't put stupid things like Low Kick because I already have counters for :kingambit:s. For Tera, I just wanted to go offensively, so I chose dark for Wall Breaking.

Gen 8 OP (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
:zapdos:
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 88 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Discharge
- Roost
- U-turn
:zapdos: can be a not-bad electric type mon in current meta, but I wanted to use it more bulkier. So boom! I gave it 164 defense EVs. :zapdos: can check many mons with the bulkiness of physical defense. For example, :zapdos: can check :kingambit: since it can endure 2+ boost Sucker Punch. It can Roost out, use Discharge until it gets paralyzed. Using contact moves against :zapdos: can be a real threat, thanks to the ability. :zapdos: is very strong to Dragon Dance users because :zapdos: can paralyze them.(rip :gouging fire: :roaring moon: :dragonite:) For Tera, use Water or Steel. Flying doesn't help anything.

A better Terrakion (Iron Boulder) @ Booster Energy
:iron boulder:
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Mighty Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
:iron boulder: is the fastest thing alive in the ou meta(besides stupid things like deoxys or pult with scarf). :iron boulder: with Swords Dance boost is nearly unstoppable. But this build is weak to :gholdengo:, so make sure to use it with :primarina: and :kingambit:. For Tera, I use Fighting type. Terastalizing :iron boulder: into Fighting Tera can counter scarf :darkrai:, :kingambit:. And I also used Zen Headbutt to fuck up :great tusk: with 2+ Swords Dance boost.

Undefeatable (Primarina) @ Assault Vest
:primarina:
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Sparkling Aria
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
:primarina: is a great special tank. :primarina: can also deal some great damage thanks to the Torrent ability(:slowking-galar: loses more than half of its health when Torrent activated lmao). Just click weakness moves against special mons and wow, you win already! For Tera, I use Water type for more damage. But don't waste Tera on :primarina:! Water/Fairy is one of the best typing!(imo)

Kazuya (Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
:great tusk:
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
Is it just me or Great Tusk looks like Kazuya Mishima
The GOAT 2.
With booster speed, It can outspeed :dragapult:, which is really annoying because it can spinblock and wisp. This build is good enough, but :great tusk: is weak to most of the physical defensive mon like :dondozo: and :corviknight:. So don't forget to use it with :zapdos: who can easily counter both. For Tera, I chose Ice Type because Ice stabs go great with Ground types.

Well, That's All, Folks! I hope you enjoyed reading my post!
Screenshot_20240408_200156_Chrome.jpg

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
This is a pretty cool team, congrats on breaking 1700s! There are a few changes I'd suggest, lmk what you think

Slowking-Galar > Primarina
The team has 2 fairy weaks (latios/great tusk) and no resists, which I think is a problem. I also think kyurem is very scary for the team when it's coming in pretty easily on your zapdos and great tusk, so I think glowking addresses both issues and gives you another great pivot to help get in Latios on the ground types that scare glowking out. Having a grounded poison type will also absorb tspikes which are otherwise very annoying for Primarina and Tusk. Future Sight will also pair nicely with Kingambit and help my next suggestion. But first

Chill Pill (Slowking-Galar) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb

You can mess around with movesets, even drop sludge bomb as you have Kingambit Iron Head to hit fairies, but I'd recommend keeping Future Sight and Chilly Reception.

Zamazenta>Iron Boulder
The team is a little slow with Latios as its fastest mon, and I think you need some speed control for dangerous wallbreakers like Ogerpon-Wellspring and NP darkrai which currently are very scary for the team. Boulder can outspeed both of these but can struggle to revenge kill Waterpon and only outspeeds darkrai once, making it shaky into both. Zamazenta can more reliably outspeed and revenge kill these threats for you, and synergizes with Flip Turn Latios better by giving you a pokemon to swap into vs those dark types and put immediate pressure on your opponent. In conjunction with Future Sight from glowking, it's going to be a source of great speed and power for the team that I think you'll like. Zapdos, Glowking, and Latios will all bring in Ting-Lu for example, which you can now smash with a CB Close Combat, whereas you previously had no great response from this position. Rather than the standard Boots 4 attacks set, I'll suggest a Choice Band set instead to flex your hazard removal and pair with Future Sight.

Better Boulder (Zamazenta) @ Choice Band
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Given speed outpaces darkrai, weavile, and adamant dnite after a dd. You can toy around with Ice Fangs or Psychic Fangs but I think these moveslots work best with Future Sight and your teammates. You can go Tera Steel if volcarona gets banned lol

Some minor tweaks:
I do suggest going Heavy Duty Boots on Zapdos, Helmet is tempting but rocks are worse and you really don't want to rely on Tusk all the time to keep them off. I also suggest going bulkier, the extra physdef will really help and I find that Zapdos rarely needs the offensive investment.

Make Kingambit a little faster, it's painful to tera dark and then have clefable outspeed and kill you with moonblast when you should be faster and killing with Iron Head.

Here's your team with my edits: https://pokepast.es/283b20e20f139ec1
Hope you enjoy the changes!

This is a pretty cool team, congrats on breaking 1700s! There are a few changes I'd suggest, lmk what you think

The team has 2 fairy weaks (latios/great tusk) and no resists, which I think is a problem. I also think kyurem is very scary for the team when it's coming in pretty easily on your zapdos and great tusk, so I think glowking addresses both issues and gives you another great pivot to help get in Latios on the ground types that scare glowking out. Having a grounded poison type will also absorb tspikes which are otherwise very annoying for Primarina and Tusk. Future Sight will also pair nicely with Kingambit and help my next suggestion. But first

Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb

You can mess around with movesets, even drop sludge bomb as you have Kingambit Iron Head to hit fairies, but I'd recommend keeping Future Sight and Chilly Reception.

Zamazenta>Iron Boulder
The team is a little slow with Latios as its fastest mon, and I think you need some speed control for dangerous wallbreakers like Ogerpon-Wellspring and NP darkrai which currently are very scary for the team. Boulder can outspeed both of these but can struggle to revenge kill Waterpon and only outspeeds darkrai once, making it shaky into both. Zamazenta can more reliably outspeed and revenge kill these threats for you, and synergizes with Flip Turn Latios better by giving you a pokemon to swap into vs those dark types and put immediate pressure on your opponent. In conjunction with Future Sight from glowking, it's going to be a source of great speed and power for the team that I think you'll like. Zapdos, Glowking, and Latios will all bring in Ting-Lu for example, which you can now smash with a CB Close Combat, whereas you previously had no great response from this position. Rather than the standard Boots 4 attacks set, I'll suggest a Choice Band set instead to flex your hazard removal and pair with Future Sight.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Given speed outpaces darkrai, weavile, and adamant dnite after a dd. You can toy around with Ice Fangs or Psychic Fangs but I think these moveslots work best with Future Sight and your teammates. You can go Tera Steel if volcarona gets banned lol

Some minor tweaks:
I do suggest going Heavy Duty Boots on Zapdos, Helmet is tempting but rocks are worse and you really don't want to rely on Tusk all the time to keep them off. I also suggest going bulkier, the extra physdef will really help and I find that Zapdos rarely needs the offensive investment.

Make Kingambit a little faster, it's painful to tera dark and then have clefable outspeed and kill you with moonblast when you should be faster and killing with Iron Head.

Thx bro! I'll try it right now!

Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb

Zamazenta>Iron Boulder

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Some minor tweaks:

Both of y'all cooked, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)