Ability: Competitive
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

While AV Ogre, invested, can have even more special bulk, it lacks Mirror Coat which can be really good. The ability is great vs. Yveltal, who then takes a 2hko factoring hail chip. 4 Def avoids the ohko from Jolly Zacian, or something. This can take crazy special attacks well enough, like +2 Polteageist Giga Drain, Ogre's Thunder, Astral Barrage, etc. It was suggested to me to replace this w/ something else. I might, but for now want to try this set(which I just put in over AV, though I don't have 10 D-max lvl on my good Milotic yet so I have 0 Spe.) Milotic has done some good, and Competitive can really help w/ some match-ups where they use stat lowering Max Moves. Notably the aforementioned Yveltal, a match-up Milotic has over Gastrodon. Even if I replace this, next month it'll be back since there'll be less competition for a team slot from legends.

1665441418192.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

This Landog is very different from what I've been using, it's meant to be good w/ Marshadow and better w/ Zacian. U-Turn is good on defensive Landog, and a rock move is important for Ho-oh. Rock Tomb is the best choice on a defensive set that won't do that much more w/ a higher BP move, for the Spe drop. I hardly ever use SR but it was suggested to me.

1665441591227.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Sunsteel Strike

My specially bulky set, it's done some things like take defensive Tern Mystical Fire w/ sub(this seems to be a roll.) Also lived Dark Puse from Yveltal after a sub. Lives Reshiram Blue Flare as I recall, originally was the point of the set, though I never see Reshiram. SD is more fun to me, it lets me outpace Cosmic Power Tern's defensive buffs. Sub was chosen for evil Charm Chansey. Usual 2 attacks I think. Tends to be good vs. Ditto cause of the HP vs, Ditto's base 48. My best option vs. Zacian.

1665441682329.png

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Steel Beam
- Roar of Time
- Earth Power

EVs stolen from the same person who gave the idea to use the mon. The reason for this is that most Groudon are very slow and die to LO Hailstorm. That's why Blizzard over Ice Beam, and I went Steel Beam finally for max move damage. Roar of Time over Draco Meteor for the same reason. I figure Dragon STAB will rarely be used outside max because of paltry coverage and no side effect, so I have a 150 BP max move. Earth Power for the mirror, I'm not great at fighting Dialga.
1665441006349.png

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Fusion Flare
- Draco Meteor

I can't remember why this is here or what the EVs are for(I know min SpA to still guarantee some ohko, but I forget which one.) It does ignore abilities(important for NDM and Lugia.) Stone Edge is good for Ho-oh, even w/ -Atk I think. Fusion Flare is my only fire coverage, and Draco Meteor is chosen over Shadow Ball for the mirror and things like that.

1665441814810.png

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost
- Taunt
- Snarl

The physically bulky set to do better vs. Groudon, at the time of deciding what to use here I had trouble w/ Groudon. Also helps w/ the mirror more. Snarl, w/ actual power behind it, and the phys. def. synergize really well. But this can be hard to use because of Zacian. I don't really use Taunt much though, the main time was vs. Ferro, and so couldn't it just as well be Heat Wave? It did shut down chansey, beating a stall core. And a cm Ho-oh who was slower(must be 0 Spe.)

My win rate is still low, but I've been winning more lately. I replaced Stunfisk-g w/ Dialga, who can be brought in safely by Landog's U-Turn. So I don't think my Zekrom match up suffers enough for a steel/ground type to be warranted.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)