SM OU Last Goodbye (Scizor + Rotom Balance)

Hello once again! I have returned to bring everyone a last RMT in gen 7, as Sword and Shield come out tomorrow, and gen 7 is coming to an end. I promised myself I would not stop until I hit 1700 with this, and so I did. I built this team, as a final goodbye to gen 7 where all pokemon are included, with some help from Diophante in the Smogon Discord server, so a big thanks to him too. It's been a phenomenal journey and I will miss it dearly. I can't believe how much pokemon has contributed to my life and how much i've enjoyed it all this time, and I will never forget all the happiness it has brought me. (Yes I know pokemon isnt ending, but this is the first time all pokemon arent in the same game, which is still quite upsetting to me). But yeah, Here we go.

nah cba doing one of these lol

1573769824945.png
1573769831354.png

Ench (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

First up is the main man of the team, Mega Scizor. This guy has always been one of my favourite megas, and I genuinely enjoy using him, as he excels at offence and defence, and with an SD or two up, he can be an extremely effective late game cleaner. Bullet Punch is pretty obvious, it is his main STAB and priority. Swords Dance is for boosts, Roost is greatly important, as it allows M-Zor to stay healthy throughout the match, since he is a valuable check to a lot of strong pokemon such as Garchomp, Tapu Bulu, and the extremely abundant (pun intended) Lando. Scizor has quite a few other choices for his fourth move or second attacking move, such as Superpower, to hit other steel types such as Tran and Ferro, or Knock off to help against stall, and for more utility, or even Double Edge, to hit pex. But I went for the popular choice of U-turn as it is another stab, lets me get good damage off against lele, and to pivot out and give the team momentum. The EV's are so that it can tank more hits from MLop after rocks.

1573770657796.png
1573770663078.png

Skee (Rotom-Wash) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Secondly, completing the core of the team, is Rotom Wash. This mon has held a special place in my heart ever since BW, after I got the rotom in a trade from an NPC, and I spent hours every day grinding it to level 100, but of course it still had its stupid nickname being "Eeks". Anyway, this thing gives EVERYONE trouble, and so it should, with good defences either side and only one weakness, he is a premium mon. The set is pretty standard actually, quite similar to the physically defensive set from smogon. 60 speed EVs are to speed creep Heatran and get big damage on it with Hydro Pump. Yes it may sound stupid, but a lot of the time they stay in and just take the hit to get off rocks or a toxic. Volt Switch is to give the rest of the team momentum and safely pivot out. Will O Wisp is used to cripple any physical threats such as Lando, MegaCham, and others. Pain Split is so that Rotom can stay alive for longer, as he lacks reliable recovery, he needs all the health back that he can get, as you never know when he will win you the game. I wanted to use a berry instead of leftovers because I think in more situations than not, it is more effective than small and gradual recovery, but I can always swap is out for Lefties if I feel like it.

1573771201289.png
1573771206300.png

Rigger (Garchomp) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Now that the main core is out of the way, lets get into the rest of the team, starting with Garchomp. Garchomp is the teams Z-Move user and stealth rocker. The set is just the ordinary offensive z move set, so there really isn't that much to say about it. Stealth rock is just to set hazards, to get chip damage on the opposing team, and break any sashes that might be restricting an OHKO from my team. Swords dance is for setup, Earthquake is Garchomps main STAB, and Stone edge is for coverage, and for Garchomp's Z-move. The EV's are pretty standard, max attack and speed to hit hard and fast. Garchomp also helps to pressure and sometimes take out bulky steels and electric types that scizor struggles to dent such as Heatran, and Zapdos.

1573771694005.png
1573771699385.png

Yeah Same (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Hidden Power: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Next up, the MVP of the team, Ditto! This little guy is amazing, and he is a real asset to the team and can really come in clutch when it counts. The set is the regular ditto set, minimum speed with choice scarf. Hidden power ground is so that ditto can come in and trap Magnezone, and take it out before it get to Big Scizor, or Ferrothorn. One thing I was struggling with was fitting in a P/hazer on my team to deal with annoying boosting mons such as Kommo-o and Victini, and Ditto doesn't remove their Stat boosts, but rather steals them and uses them to get kills. Ditto is also useful for scouting other pokemons moves, and watching out for Hidden Power Fire especially on mons such as Lele, Lando, and other possible carriers of it. Ditto can also switch in and reliably revenge kill the opponents pokemon, making him even more useful. Ditto is genuinely a great mon to use, and can really pull through in dire situations.

1573772325355.png
1573772331172.png

Regular (Tornadus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Taunt

Now, here's Tornadus. Torno-T is a great mon in general, as it provides utility, can break stall, and is my means of hazard control for the team, as Tornadus is an excellent defogger. His ability Regenerator also helps to keep him healthy and keep the team going until the end. Hurricane is tornadus' main STAB, but of course it comes with appauling accuracy, but as I have stated many times in Previous RMT's, I'm always willing to test my luck. Knock off is to remove items that might be a nuisance such as berries, helmet, or lefties/sludge. Taunt couples nicely with knock off to break stall and give the rest of the team an opening to get past annoying mons such as chansey and quagsire. As I just said, Defog is to remove hazards. The Ev's are actually quite interesting, this spread was given to me by sprkl in my previous RMT "The Lad V2" and it proves to be quite useful. The defence and HP EV's allow it to do a number of things, such as take an outrage from chomp after rocks, survive a MegaCham ice punch from full, and survive a LO Protean Gren Ice Beam from full, while the 216+ speed EV's let is outspeed Scarf Ttar. Meanwhile, the 32 SpA EV's let Torno OHKO Mega Lopunny with hurricane, and 2hko offensive Lando (well, 3 after factoring in misses).

1573773188416.png
1573773193680.png

Hug Me (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

Last, but certainly not least, is Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is a really good defensive mon, and can take hits left and right while still managing to sustain itself throughout the match with leech seed and leftovers. Ferrothorn is able to soft check ash gren, who can otherwise be quite threatening to the rest of the team. Ash Grens Dark Pulse is a guaranteed 3HKO against Ferro after Lefties recovery, and Ferro can strike back with a definite OHKO with Power Whip. Ferrothorn can tank hits comfortably from other pokemon too, as well as being a good answer to psychics, which every team needs. Leech seed is to assist Ferrothorn with longevity so it can come in and out throughout the game. Power whip is his main Attacking move, and I chose it over Gyro Ball so get some big hits on Fini, and to kill Ash Gren and Quagsire. Protect is to scout for the feared Hidden Power Fire (not that it will matter much after tomorrow. I'm not crying, I promise) and to give him more recovery via Leech seed and Lefties. Spikes is for extra hazards to get more chip on the opposing mons upon switching in, which Scizor and his mates really appreciate, as it allows them to net easier kos.

Weaknesses (that i've seen):
:greninja-ash: This guy is quite a big threat. Ferro can take a couple of hits, but after hes down, you'll need to play carefully in order to take him out.
:medicham-mega: If Torno misses his hurricane, then Mega Medicham can be a problem. Your best bet is using ditto and scizor, but you'll probably end up having to sack a mon or two.

And that's it. This marks the end of my final gen 7 RMT. Hopefully you enjoyed this team, and I hope that gen 8 will be a good one. God I'm gonna miss gen 7. I will try and build more teams in Gen 8, after it takes me 3 years to re-understand the meta after the SHIT TON of changes that are coming into place. Again, massive thanks to Diophantine for helping me with this team. It's been a long road, I'll see you all in Gen 8. Thank you.

1573775593564.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)