Ability: Hustle
Level: 5
EVS: 12 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Superpower
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Since Ferro won't switch out, ruff just sets up to +6 and proceeds to kill both mons really easily (unless it gets flinchhaxed to death, which means this can't be used by WaterlessMelon ).

36 Atk Ferroseed Knock Off vs. +6 0 HP / 196 Def Rufflet: 2-3 (8.6 - 13%) -- possible 8HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Rock Slide vs. +6 0 HP / 196 Def Rufflet: 5-8 (21.7 - 34.7%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

I don't really think I need to show these calcs but here you go I suppose
+6 12+ Atk Hustle Rufflet Aerial Ace vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 24-28 (109 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 12+ Atk Hustle Rufflet Aerial Ace vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Diglett: 67-79 (372.2 - 438.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Stealth Rock isn't really important since ferro can't actually KO rufflet before it's able to roost

Best Meme
@

Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Rest
- Acid Armor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor

Set up acid armor, 2hko ferro with hp fire, rest to get urself at as full health as needed, 2hko dig with draco (there's like a 1% chance for dig to 3hko with eq at +6 with no evio)

Last edited:
1. Best Set

snover @ eviolite | snow warning *** happy little tree
quiet | 36 / 184 / 36 / 184 / 36 / 0
ice shard | blizzard | hidden power fire | giga drain
RIP Bob Ross (October 29, 1942 - July 4, 1995). Robert Norman "Bob "OG Memer Ross" Ross" Ross will live on in our hearts.
184+ SpA Snover Hidden Power Fire vs. 84 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 12-16 (54.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 16)
36 Atk Ferroseed Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 36 HP / 40 Def Eviolite Snover: 5-7 (21.7 - 30.4%) -- 84.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)
184 Atk Snover Ice Shard vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Diglett: 14-20 (77.7 - 111.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
(14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Rock Slide vs. 36 HP / 40 Def Snover: 18-23 (78.2 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 18, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23)
As you can see, Snover 2HKOes Ferroseed and the combination of hail, Life Orb damage, Stealth Rock damage, and Ice Shard KOes Diglett.
2. Most Marvelous Meme

timburr @ eviolite | iron fist *** barney
careful | 0 / 116 / 156 / 0 / 236 / 0
substitute | focus punch | fire punch | mach punch
Substitute and win.

Last edited:
So here's something people would actually switch Diglett into

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 Def / 240 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt / Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

So I know berks said Ferro wouldn't switch out in this scenario, but with Mag, it couldn't if it wanted to. So just make sure you have a Sub up when you roast Ferro, but don't reveal Magnet Rise until Diglett comes in and EQs to break sub, at which point you Magnet Rise and laugh in their face and kill them with 2 HP Fires or 1 Flash Cannon if you're running that. sorry i ain't got a meme for y'all

Edit: Welp, this doesn't work as intended cause Ferro always breaks sub. unfort. )B

Edit #2: Aight, new plan! I honestly spent way to long tryna get this to work exactly right.

Cranidos @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 140 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpA / 52 Spe
Rash Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Now obviously you would never actually run this Cranidos unless you specifically want it to do this job and nothing else, which works just fine for me. So you kill Ferro 15/16 times you hit it with Fire Blast and after Dig comes in to revenge, you live EQ 15/16 times thanks to Shucha Berry (not accounting for crits of course) and kill it back with ZHB 100% if you hit. Unfortunately you can't run Fire Punch because Iron Barbs guarantees your death at the hands of Diglett, and you have to run that much SpAtk with a boosting nature to pretty much guarantee Ferro's death via Fire Blast. So yeah this is the one set that I could envision an actual in game scenario unfolding and working out as close to 100% of the time that I could get. Other option was Life Orb Stunky with 14 Atk and SpAtk, Fire Blast and Sucker Punch, but I determined having to win a Sucker mind game isn't the most reliable option

Edit #3: Literally just realized I vastly over complicated this and could've just put Choice Scarf Cranidos and you just Fire Punch them both. I blame the fact that it was late at night

Last edited:

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
So here's something people would actually switch Diglett into

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 Def / 240 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt / Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

So I know berks said Ferro wouldn't switch out in this scenario, but with Mag, it couldn't if it wanted to. So just make sure you have a Sub up when you roast Ferro, but don't reveal Magnet Rise until Diglett comes in and EQs to break sub, at which point you Magnet Rise and laugh in their face and kill them with 2 HP Fires or 1 Flash Cannon if you're running that. sorry i ain't got a meme for y'all
this is cool but idt u can keep sub up vs knock ferro

just use magnet rise beforehand I suppose
wouldnt work in a real battle but it would work for this specific situation /me shrugs

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Was looking at sets since i didn't think a lot of these worked. Infamy your timburr loses unless they fuck up and click Knock Off on a sub as 2 hits breaks the sub. In the event they fuck up, 3 bullet seed bails them out--or 2 if they high roll Knock Off. I don't think this should count since it works a slim percentage of the time.

see: for how to win vs SubPunch Timburr http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-396300818

If it learns U-turn or Volt Switch, you can scarf it.
If it learns Switcheroo or Trick, you can scarf it.
If it has above average Attack or Special attack, you can scarf it.
Fuck it, if it exists, you can scarf it.

Ponyta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Scarf Pony is a fun alternative to the Flame Charge set, and unlike almost any of the other sets displayed here, it actually lures in Diglett effectively, rather than just stopping it coming out.

Turn 1: Ponyta kills the equivalent of about 18 Ferroseeds, with Flare Blitz.
Turn 2: Diglett comes out, expecting to easily OHKO Pony with an earthquake. I'm fairly sure Sucker Punch actually has a chance to kill Pony after recoil, Iron Barbs, and SR but 999/1000 they're just gonna EQ. Pony outspeeds and also kills Diglett.

The actual set might seem weird, since it's a scarfmon with two support moves. However, I've found that Ponytas physical movepool is fairly limited, and I didn't want a third recoil move (Double Edge.) It also doesn't really need Flame Charge because this is designed to lure Diglett anyway.
Will-O can be really helpful is crippling something and morning sun is mainly for when Ponyta's Scarf is inevitably knocked off, and because both of it's actual attacks cause recoil.

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
  • Ferroseed will not switch out until it is KOed.

I wonder if anyone's realized I'm using the shiny bergmite sprite.
Bergmite @ Eviolite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Barrier
- Hail
- Sleep Talk

As Bergmite looks out the window, he sees the other denizens of the Little Cup dealing with a brutal hailstorm outside. Instead of going outside and playing in the Hail, Bergmite has to suffer through a long day of work with his annoying co-workers, Ferroseed and Diglett. Ferroseed, in the cubicle next door, bothers him throughout the entire day, simply because he is never prepared. Poor Bergmite has to deal with his Thundering Waves of annoyance, as he constantly asks for his stapler, to borrow his printer because his is jammed, and takes his precious light blue sticky notes. Bergmite then tries to put up office folders as a Barrier, shielding him from his spiky neighbors attempts to bother him. As Bergmite playfully knocks off the barriers from his desk, he creates bigger, stronger barriers. As he slowly whittles him down, he takes a Rest in the break room, as he absolutely deserves it. As he relaxes in there, he sees his boss, Diglett. Diglett hates Bergmite, not because he doesn't do his job, oh nono that would make too much sense. Bergmite hates Diglett just because he is an Ice type in a metagame where there's only two good Ice Types. Naturally, being one of the best tiered Pokemon, Diglett always feels the need to bring that up. Nevertheless, after putting up with Diglett for so long, he takes the abuse that eventually comes his way, as it is nothing compared to what he had to endure with Ferroseed. His entire body turns back and forth, watching the window and the clock, as it is almost time for Bergmite to clock off for the day and play in the Hailstorm as Diglett talks his ear off about work ethic. As the hour reaches the top, Bergmite rushes out of the office to find that the hail has stopped for the day. Feeling immense despair, Bergmite returns home for the night.

I feel like... Timburr? Idk lol.

Timburr @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 156 Spd
Adamant nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

I kind of adapted another Timburr set to fit, so there most probably will be mistakes. I haven't made very many sets!

Bulk Up is pretty obvious, you'll want to finish of the enemy quickly. Drain Punch for healing, and is strong against Ferroseed. Ice Punch for Diglett, or Mach Punch to out speed it. This may be a bad set but who cares I suck at making sets. Don't hate me I'm new on this site! (Although not to Pokemon)

Best set:

Swaggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Dragon Dance

Nice versatile pokemon even right now set up a nice Dragon Dance when given the opportunity for instance this Ferroseed that can only paralyse us so we can set up untill we can make sure we are paralysis free. If not just DD and take it out so we can get to the next pokemon, if it's a bad Fight type like Mienfoo/Tyrogue all we gotta do is give it a push and it will fall over as well don't worry. Fairy types can be Flinched to death smh bad for the meta.

Dank Meme:

Skiddo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 148 HP / 76 Atk / 132 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brick Break
- Vine Whip
- Bulk Up
- Milk Drink

You think this poke is outclassed well look again this has Vine Whip + Brick Break to stop those Lightscreens and irritating pesky pokemon.
Set up some nice bulk so we tankin if that's not good enough we break trough those thorny walls with out Arms.... Paws? Claws.
When we low on health we just drink our own healthy milk ad we good to go. If he dares to shoot his seeds at us all we gotta do is slurp it up of course. It will make us stronger.

why aren't people posting numel Z:

Numel - Chan @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 116 Def / 236 Spa / 76 Spdef / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Just flame charge the ferro, not ohkoing it doesn't matter since ferro can't paralyze it with thunderwave anyways
Stealth rock is a bonus

~ Best Set:

Vulpix @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Just click stab

~ Best meme:

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 196 HP / 40 Atk / 100 Def / 120 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Recycle
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sub until it uses the bj and spam hp fire. Its 2HKO so maybe you will need to use sub twice. Recycle prevents of knock off crits or max dmg bullet seeds~. Seed bomb is 0HKO on diglett

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Please vote for two submissions you feel are the best based on how they fulfill the niche and contribute to a team as a whole. Vote for the two you prefer, in order, with your first preference on top. I'd also ask that you vote by using the username, as it's possible users could submit the same Pokemon with a different set. In addition, I'll also open votes for the best meme set, cause who doesn't like meme sets?

[PLEASE READ]: I guess when I said to clarify whether or not your post was a meme or not, it came across that you could submit both a set and a meme. However, that's not really what I meant. I'll count them this week but from now on please just submit one set!

BEST SET:

ItzViper482 - Overheat Fletchling

Fiend - Life Orb Torchic

rssp1 - Bulk Up Rufflet

Infamy - Defensive Snover

Joltage - Shuca Berry Cranidos

Blither - Choice Scarf Ponyta

AVerySmallGamer - Life Orb Timburr

rhydonphilip - Dragon Dance Scraggy

Pikasohn - Flame Charge Numel

Alice Kazumi - Choice Scarf Vulpix

BEST MEME:

Fiend - Me First Blitzle <3

rssp1 - Acid Armor Goomy

Coconut. - Bergmite the Disgruntled Office Worker

rhydonphilip - The SS Skiddo

Alice Kazumi's Trubbish and Infamy's Timburr were not included in the voting lists cause they don't actually work.

here's a c/p of the voting structure:

Best Set 1:
Best Set 2:
Best Meme:

I'll submit my vote as an example vote:

Best Set 1: Blither
Best Set 2: ItzViper482
Best Meme: Fiend

gooooooooooooo vote! It'll close in /!\ a couple days /!\

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNMENT #5

Builders, your niche assignment is as follows:

NICHE PROFILE: Doomsday Gourmet
OBJECTIVE: Find a Pokemon that makes good use of a type resist Berry!
  • Pokemon must run an item from the below list of Accepted Berries.
  • It's up to you to decide what makes a good user of type resist Berries! Some things to consider, however, are the potential to create a lure, the ability to set up on certain threats, and so on!
Occa Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Fire-type move
Passho Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Water-type move
Wacan Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Electric-type move
Rindo Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Grass-type move
Yache Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Ice-type move
Chople Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Fighting-type move
Kebia Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Poison-type move
Shuca Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Ground-type move
Coba Berry -Weakens a foe's super effective Flying-type move
Payapa Berry- Weakens a foe's super effective Psychic-type move
Tanga Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Bug-type move
Charti Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Rock-type move
Kasib Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Ghost-type move
Haban Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Dragon-type move
Colbur Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Dark-type move
Babiri Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Steel-type move
Roseli Berry - Weakens a foe's super effective Fairy-type move
Chilan Berry - Weakens a foe's Normal-type move

Please remember to only submit one set and to specify whether you'd like to be considered under Best Set, Best Meme, or both!

e: I don't like reservations.

You have through Wednesday, July 20th to submit your sets!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)