Ability: Iron Barbs
Level: 5
EVs: 164 HP / 108 Def / 228 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

This mon serves as a hard check to chinchou and a soft check to fletch. Chinchou can do nothing to this man. Fletch with no overheat yum. It cant really hit fletch hard but it can bullet seed chou and get nice damage even with 2 hits.

Last edited:

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 HP / 40 Def / 240 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

So this Porygon is a soft check to Chinchou because of STAB Tri Attack along with the specially offensive investment and its natural bulk:
240+ SpA Porygon Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 15-18 (62.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232+ SpA Chinchou Volt Switch vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 7-9 (28 - 36%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
232+ SpA Chinchou Scald vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 7-9 (28 - 36%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

So, those calcs show how Pory has a garunteed 2HKO with Tri Attack, while Chinchou does less than 50% with its two STAB moves, allowing Pory to recover stall up to full. And, if Chinchou desides to go for Scald to try and burn, along with the burn which is approximately 13% it does a max of 49% each turn, again allowing porygon to recover stall to try to get as much HP as possible before a KO.

Now for the Fletch counter. Pory's high average defenses, extra investmet in Special Attack and ability, Download, alowing it to always get the Special Attack boosts on that Fletchling due to its extra defense investment allow Porygon to reliabley KO a Fletchling 100% of the time.
+1 240+ SpA Porygon Ice Beam vs. 156 HP / 52 SpD Fletchling: 34-40 (147.8 - 173.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 156 HP / 40 Def Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Not much more needs to be said other then that this Pory isn't even just for these two mons, it can fit on many teams and put in work against all sorts of other mons.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader

Bergmite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Mirror Coat
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Toxic

Tanks a hit 100% of the time, revenge kills both 100% of the time. Bergmite to Chinchou is like the iceberg to the titanic, Chinchou sinks. Mirror Coat walls the Chinchou, Recover is to ensure chip damage isn't given to Bergmite, so it can Mirror Coat safely. Toxic is a cool stall move. Avalanche kills Fletchling because it's frail, like an airborne titanic.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd just like to let everyone know that you can assume that the field is clear of hazards, but only for this week! Starting next week, whether or not hazards are on the field will be part of the niche briefing. Big thanks to Fiend for pointing this out, and happy niching!

Um... sorry about the deleted post above, I was a silly sausage and for some reason though I could un-delete a post that I had deleted. I am bad at forums apparently XD

Anyway I guess this is a semi-meme:

Gible @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Aww he's so cute. I want one. Anyway this set can take any one hit from either of these mons and KO it back (well it technically can't OHKO fletch without Stealth Rocks but w/e it crits every time anyway.) It can also set up SR for some nice role compression.

EDIT: wait Infamy why didn't you do this first? It's literally your avatar...

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haha, finally some voting! Please vote for two submissions you feel are the best based on how they fulfill the niche and contribute to a team as a whole. Vote for the two you prefer, in order, with your first preference on top. I'd also ask that you vote by using the username, as it's possible users could submit the same Pokemon with a different set. In addition, I'll also open votes for the best meme set, cause who doesn't like meme sets?

BEST SET:

Nineage - Standard Lileep

Fiend - BJ Chinchou

Vubon - Standard Onix

Alice Kazumi - BJ Helioptile

Infamy - Defensive Porygon

ItzViper482 - Standard Ferroseed

H0W3AN - Tank Porygon

BEST MEME:

rfhfdd - Ancient Power Wooper (can you feel the power?)

SuperSixFighters - Sash Swinub

Coconut. - Bergmite (Bergmite to Chinchou is like the iceberg to the titanic, Chinchou sinks)

Blither - Gible (wait Infamy why didn't you do this first?)

here's a c/p of the voting structure:

Best Set 1:
Best Set 2:
Best Meme:

I'll submit my vote as an example vote:

Best Set 1: Fiend
Best Set 2: Infamy
Best Meme: Coconut.

gooooooooooooo vote! It'll close in a couple days!

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
pretty much everyone else's gives both undeterred momentum...

Best Set 1: Infamy
Best Set 2: Nineage
Best Meme: they're all bad Blither

Berks

has a Calm Mind
ASSIGNMENT #3

Builders, your niche assignment is as follows:

NICHE PROFILE: Wine Tasting 1
OBJECTIVE: Find a Pokemon that pairs well with a given Pokemon!
  • Pokemon must have good synergy with Special Carvanha.
  • It's up to you to determine what makes a good partner Pokemon! Some factors to consider, however, include offensive synergy, sharing a team archetype, and so on!

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

You have through Tuesday, June 28 to submit your sets!

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Snover @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 196 HP / 120 Def / 24 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The best partner for Special Carvanha is without a single doubt Defensive Snover. They form what is quite possibly the most threatening core to grace the tier that is Little Cup. These two form a duo like no other Pokemon can. Their synergy? Unmatched. Their power? Unrivaled. There are no checks or counters for a core as strong and fierce as Defensive Snover and Special Carvanha. Snover sets up Hail, quite possibly the single best weather in the Little Cup metagame, which allows Carvanha to have access to an 110 BP Ice move, Blizzard, to blow away "switch-ins" like Foongus and Cottonee. Sadly the shown set doesn't have Blizzard, but that's just because Berks is a fucking pansy (Love you Berks.) Snover also lures in and ass-blasts Pawniard with an unexpected HP Fighting, which is nice for Carv as Pawniard can take a hit. Snover also takes on Grass and Water types for Carvanha, two things that Carv has trouble with. Carvanha and Snover form the most deadly core in the fucking game: Snovanha.

(Best Set, it's actually good guys)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)