Artwork from Official Pokemon Twitter
[23:19:49] zf: there's a gen9?
[23:19:55] zf: these mons r unreal
[23:20:08] zf: ok bye
WE'RE IN GEN 9 BABYYYYY!!! Gen 8 somehow feels it started so long ago with all the different metas from DLCs and Home, yet very recent too as we look at the new players that joined us and think "pff yung zoomers, 2014 was just 3 years ago".
But that's all in the past now, and we've been presented with a brand new Pandora's Box of new Pokemon, moves, abilities, items, as well as a lot of changes to many of the existing ones. Also, what seems like it'll be a common thing with all new generation of games now, there are many Pokemon that we can't use just yet, and many who don't have access to all their commonly used moves.
The new Pokemon are exciting, the new moves are crazy, the new abilities don't make sense! Join me in the nonsense and chaos as we all wander into the uncharted and foggy forest that is Generation 9 Ubers.
Standard Rules and Clauses
- The Kickoff tournament will be a Single Elimination Best out of 3 SV Ubers tournament.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- General tournament rules and clauses apply.
- You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- All matches must have replays saved and posted within the thread.
- This tournament will not count towards the ongoing 2022 Ubers Circuit or the yet-to-start 2023 Ubers Circuit.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
- OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
- Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
- Evasion Items Clause: Evasion items are banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Sleep Clause
- The validator will hopefully pick up on anything that I may have missed/neglected to include here