Kawaii Killers (peaked #3) COUNTER THE METAGAME

Hello everyone. I'm Tampoff who is an excellent OUplayer. However, near the end of BW2 I tried little cup but didnt like it. This generation, however got me strongly in little cup. Is is a bulky offensive team. No picture because im on my phone :/ ANYWAYS LETS START

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Facade

Snubbull is my most recent member.with Mienfoo's running around, this is a main check. Whenever Aipom shenanigans come about, i lead with him. Go to mienfoo to tank a fake out. And regenerate switching back to Subbull. Play Rough is the main STAB and CC destroys Close Combat. Earthquake is for pesky pawniards switching in, or steel types in general. I have facade mostly as filler and is making sure im not useless after burn.

Grimer @ Berry Juice
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Def / 116 HP
Impish Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Grimer is really helpful. REALLY HELPFUL. He's probably the star of my team. With high defense and attack he becomes a tank. Poison Jab and Poison Touch becomes a (i think) 60% chance of poison to occur. Fire Punch for Pawniards and Ferroseed (which is a threat) and shadow sneak for priority and I also might score a poison. Ice punch is for stuff like Hippo and stuff. I tried Koffing for levitate but it hasnt proved as useful as grimer is.

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

Choice Scarf Pawniard. It outspeeds the entire unboosted tier. Knock Off is the main move here which i use to take off eviolites and juices. Iron Head for Fairies and Brick Break for certain threats. Like opposing Pawniards. Dual Chop is replaceable but i havent used it yet. I'm planning to use in the unlikely case a sub comes up from a axew or dratini.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 Spd / 240 SAtk / 68 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Abra is my special sweeper and semi late game cleaner. Psychic is the STAB here killing off mienfoos and stuff. Shadow Ball for Misdreavus and Slopokes. Dazzling Gleam is used as filler but helps out. HP Fighting is used for pawniards. (I have so many checks lol) i might use Energy ball to get EQ users like Drillbur and Hippo.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 228 SAtk / 228 SDef / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

Chinchou is my main Fletchling check and is a good sweep stopper. With good bulk it takes strong hits from DD Axew and cripples with T Wave. VSwitch for momentum of course. Protect was initially T Bolt however, HJK Mienfoo became a huge problem. TWave to stop sweepers. Scald is used to get the burn on things like Mienfoo.

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 Atk / 4 Def / 76 HP
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

Mienfoo. I awear this is on every team I face. For good reason too. I run impish to tank hits and it works wonders. I found myself dying too fast whenever I had adamant. Life Orb #rekts opposing fgts and uturn is used for momentum when they switch in misdreavus. Drain Punch helps to keep me alive and is my main attack. Rock Slide is used for Fletchlings switching in, even though its not 4x effective. I might switch it for poison jab for incoming Spritzees.

Conclusion: Thanks for reading. This team has proved really successful.

Threats:

Earthquake. Thats it. But when they do, i usually use mienfoo and snubbull to take care of them. Not THAT bad. But still.

Importable:

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Facade

Grimer @ Berry Juice
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Def / 116 HP
Impish Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 Spd / 240 SAtk / 68 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 228 SAtk / 228 SDef / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 Atk / 4 Def / 76 HP
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

just looking at the blaring things I see wrong with your team:

• Dual Chop on Pawniard isn't really going to come in handy because no one uses dragons. Sucker Punch is better for the priority.
  • What's with the Mienfoo spread? 4 Def doesn't give you anything, and you have a lot of points left over.
  • Protect seems like a waste of a slot when you have Snubbull to take the HJK that is apparently a problem. Ice Beam is probably the best option.
  • Facade could be filled in with something such as Heal Bell to remove status from your team (and Snubbull!)
Poison Touch+Poison Jab doesn't stack, btw.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Your team doesn't look too bad, but I have several suggestions.
You seem to have a slight weakness to Misdreavus, and Pawniard is able to come in on multiple members of your team and threaten severely. Abra also seems to be the only Pokemon on your team that is capable of beating Croagunk and Trubbish, and it is unable to constantly switch into either. In addition, suicide leads such as Onix and Dwebble are able to set up hazards on several members of your team with impunity, and you have no way to remove them. Diglett + Bird cores will give you a great deal of trouble, with Diglett removing Pawniard and Chinchou, granting the Flying-types a clean sweep.

With all of these things in mind, I think replacing Chinchou with Archen would be a good idea. Archen is able to switch into Fletchling repeatedly while not being trapped by Diglett, is able to defeat Trubbish handily when Earthquake is used, and can Defog away hazards placed by suicide leads.
Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 196 Spd / 76 SDef / 76 HP / 156 Def
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Acrobatics / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide
Since your team packs Voltturn, clearing hazards is enormously beneficial; the numerous switches Archen is able to force allows it to utilize Defog admirably. From there, Acrobatics and Earthquake provide excellent coverage, with the latter dealing with the troublesome Trubbish, while Stealth Rock can be used after Defog has already cleared the opponent's hazards; any of these can be replaced by your choice of a Rock-type STAB move, such as Rock Slide.

I would also like to suggest the replacement of Grimer with Ponyta; Fairies are still dealt with, but Ponyta is better able to check Trubbish and Croagunk. It can also check Pawniard by switching into Knock Off and spamming Morning Sun for the Flame Body burn, while Grimer can only switch in on Mienfoo once throughout the match.
Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 SAtk / 236 Def / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Morning Sun
With Sunny Day up, Ponyta becomes incredibly difficult to deal with. Fire Blast hits like a nuke, while Water-types are taken out by Solar Beam. Morning Sun heals for a large portion of Ponyta's health in the sun, turning Ponyta into a brilliant tank. This Ponyta is also able to lure in and deal with Chinchou. The EVs are to usually avoid the 2HKO from Pawniard's Knock Off, while 2HKOing 76 HP/148 SpD Eviolite Chinchou with Solar Beam the vast majority of the time.

As Pumphead mentioned, some of your individual sets aren't as effective as they could be. Snubbull's EVs would be better as 196 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SDef, which hit Eviolite numbers, granting Snubbull more overall bulk. Heal Bell is probably the better filler move over Facade because it is also able to support the rest of your team.
Dual Chop offers absolutely nothing on Pawniard, since it doesn't actually do enough damage to be more useful than one of Pawniard's STAB moves against Focus Sash and Sturdy users; instead, Pursuit is probably the best option to completely take Misdreavus out of the battle. In addition, changing the EV spread to 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spe will grant you one extra Defense point at no cost compared to your current spread.
Mienfoo will definitely want to be a defensive variant; Ponyta will have trouble checking Choice Scarf Pawniard if Stealth Rock is up and Flame Body doesn't activate immediately, and Snubbull can be worn down by Poison Jab variants of Scraggy. Defensive Mienfoo can check both, while also being able to reliably Knock Off Misdreavus, leaving it easy pickings for Pawniard. For the record, you'll want Knock Off on every competitive Mienfoo of any variant this generation, because it actually deals decent damage, allowing it to offer some coverage on top of its phenomenal utility.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 SDef / 156 HP / 116 Def
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

That's it for now. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)