Kartana Carry

Hi, I'm completely new to the competitive scene of pokemon but I am well knowledgable in the fundamentals of pokemon since I've been playing this game as a child. But I would like to get feedback on this team that I saw from forums last time, but put a little twist in it to suit my needs. The game I'm playing this team for is not actually for pokemon showdown, but for a modded pokemon game where almost anything is allowed (even the use of ubers) except a repeat of held items and OHKO moves. Their 18 gyms consist of every type with some legends in their aresnal. What's really challenging about this is because they have every counter to your pokemon and they usually OHKO you most of the time.

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike

Kartana here is my main sweep and carry mainly because I started to fall in love with this pokemon and want to try using it as much as possible. He can deal with most problems with its big speed as well as many coverage and stab moves. And its beast boost ability can also help it gain momentum for sweeping.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 94 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Landorous here is gonna be my opening pokemon for most fights just because I can set up stealth rock immediately, then the next move I can pivot almost instantly if I need to or setup toxic

Regieleki @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Explosion
- Assurance
- Rapid Spin

Regieleki is also a pokemon I've started to notice. His superior speed can outspeed almost anyone even with a plus one so in a game where my mons are constantly getting one shot, I opted for this pokemon so I can outspeed their mons and hope for OHKO. Regieleki will serve as my 2nd sweeper.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Draining Kiss

Since most of my mons have a common weakness from ice, I tried to use Fini as a wall but can also set up calm minds and sweep the enemies if needed. This bulky pokemon will be my answer for ice threats.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

I know it's kinda redundant to have so many sweepers in one team but Dragapult is also one of the pokemons I've fallen for. Boasting huge speed that can outspeed almost any threat with great typing as well. Again since the game im playing it for is a sweep or be swept type of game, I opted for dragapult.

Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

and well, since stealth rocks and other hazard moves are common in these games I need a defogger and well corviknight was the bulky answer to my needs.

Please give me feedbacks on mons I should change or moves I can try to use instead of mine.

Surf on calm mind tapu fini. Not sure about the regieleki set. I think mixed attacks would be better with thunder cage, volt switch, explosion and rapid spin? I rarely use regieleki so if anyone else suggests a set, go with that.

I would advise against life orb physical regieleki tbh. I usually use Rapid spin, volt switch, thunderbolt, and ancient power/explosion, and give it a magnet to give it a bit of extra damage. If you like getting + 1 speed with rapid spin, you could use electro ball instead of thunderbolt, but i prefer thunderbolt for more consistent damage. Also I don't really like heavy duty boots on corviknight, as it can resist stealth rocks + doesnt get hit by anything else.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Surf on calm mind tapu fini. Not sure about the regieleki set. I think mixed attacks would be better with thunder cage, volt switch, explosion and rapid spin? I rarely use regieleki so if anyone else suggests a set, go with that.
Fini definitely doesn't need Surf, it probably needs Scald more so it doesn't take much from physical attacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)