SS OU Just build a team and would appreciate some feedbacks to improve it !

Introduction
Hello ! This is my first time here. So recently i just started to teambuild bulky offenses because i got bored of balance. It was rough at the beginning, not gonna lie, I went from 1600-1700 to 1300 as I was not used to this new playstyle but thanks to some guides I have found there and there I slowly go up the slope. So here is the new team I just made, I would appreciate some feedbacks about it. Here is the paste: https://pokepast.es/79a115c86de4003d

In Depth

1667428099631.png

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Flamethrower

I made this team around Dragapult DD because I never played this set and I was wanting to giving it a try. If I chose Dragapult it is also because of the fact that the I want this team to be the most competitive possible while being fun and for me dragapult is checking these 2 rules. Dragapult is giving to the team some speed tier and is a very good sweeper thanks to his insane Stabs combo, add to this the fact that the DD set is way less played in comparizon to the Specs one and you are obtaining a very nice late game pokemon who can also surprise the opponent.

1667426941968.png

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm

Dragapult added, I was needing a wallbreaker to threaten the pokemons that can prevent my Dragapult to sweep during the lategame.
Heatran was perfect pokemon, He can come on defensive mons such as ferrothorn, corvinknight or clefable thanks to the pivots and then put an insane amout of pressure to the opponent team, he can also trap toxapex which is very good for dragapult.
I am playing flash cannon to pop the others heatrans balloons.
The protect instead of SR or toxic can seems weird at first but it is really very strong because it enables Heatran to get more damageson Lando-T and to scout the opponent revenge killers moove when they are coming to heatran.

1667427683671.png

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

I chose Zeraora because I was needing a revenge killer and a pokemon who can hit like a truck at the same time, so a choice scarf was definitly not an option for me because i would lose offensive pressure. Thanks to knock-off he can removes the lefto from the defensive mons to allow dragapult to fully express itself. Once The opponent team is weakened, zeraora can act as a cleener and fully demolish the opponent team because people are not expecting him to be CB.

1667428272186.png

Daddy is Back (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I don't think I need many explenations for this one. Even if i almost never played the bulky offense playstyle before I know that Lando-T is a BEAST in this playstyle thanks to his incredible stats. I decided to play him Sassy with 28IVs in speed to always be slower than the opposing Lando-T and gain the momentum. Toxix is here to weaken the opposing landorus to allow zeraora to wallbreak more easily.

1667428614252.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Now that I had my SR setter, I was needing a defoger. My choice went to Tapu Fini since he has a very good synergy with Landorus-T and can keep up with Weavile and Urshifu who are big threats for the team. He can also trap defensive mons such as toxapex with this set to allow Dragapult to shine even brighter during the late game.

1667428963832.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

If I chose scizor at the end it is because he can keep up with tapu lele, kartana, rillaboom and tapu bulu who are big threats fot the team. He offers momentum and utility to the team thanks to knock off and U-turn, he can also revenge kill many mons and clean pretty easily. The Ev's can looks a bit weird at the first glance but in reality it is just enough to enable him to take hits from what he is supposed to take while applying offensive pressure. We can say that he clogs the team in a way.​

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi King Of Peak, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. I appreciate the efforts you put in writting this short breakdown of the team, but could you go a bit more in depth of why you should each set (moves, item, EV spread). PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

edit: unlocked, thanks for the descriptions!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)