Pet Mod JolteMons (Complete) [Random Battle is Leader's Choice]

A little late, but here are some quick announcements!

-:metagross-mega:The long-planned Mega Metagross OU Suspect Test will begin next week! It was originally planned for this week, but I'll be away for the weekend and the beginning of next week, meaning that I'd miss the accompanying roomtour, which I do need to be there for, so we'll hold the test and roomtour next week. After the suspect test concludes, we will have a small VR Update to reflect any changes that come from the test
-:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky will be quickbanned from UU! Many people have been playing UU recently and while my main focus is still on OU, if people want to play UU then it's important to get rid of problematic stuff as they come and that's exactly what Skymin has been. It's extremely difficult to deal with long term between its Speed, amazing STABs in Seed Flare and Sky Soiree that let it snowball easily, and coverage that gives it very little defensive counterplay. More UU quickbans will come soon, but this was far and away the most obvious problem. Perhaps getting banned from UU will prompt people to give it another chance in OU?
-:latias:This weekend's roomtour will be a UU Roomtour on Sunday at 4 PM EST! Since I'll likely miss this week's roomtour/start it from my phone and then leave because of my vacation, I figured that we should have a little fun with this week's roomtour, so we'll have a UU Roomtour.

And that's all for now, see you on Sunday!

Popping in real quick to remind you that tomorrow's UU Roomtour will be at 4 PM EST (about 17 hours from now)!

Additionally, the final new member of the competitive council has now accepted their invite, so I can formally announce it!

Welcome, :absol: Beaf Cultist :absol: to the council!

That's all for now, see you tomorrow for the Roomtour and the start of the Mega Metagross Suspect Test!

The UU Roomtour is in the books, so let's see what happened!

Tour 10 - JolteMons UU - Round Robin - 4 Entrants
1st: 447323a
2nd: Superior Serperior
3rd: Beaf Cultist
4th: G-Luke
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Scizor             |    6 |  50.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Typhlosion         |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Infernape          |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Rillaboom          |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Pidgeot            |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Azelf              |    3 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Latias             |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Kangaskhan         |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Runerigus          |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Magneton           |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Florges-Yellow     |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Chandelure         |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Steelix            |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Sceptile           |    3 |  25.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Darmanitan         |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Espeon             |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Krookodile         |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Hariyama           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Muk                |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Kommo-o            |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Sylveon            |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Mienshao           |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Rotom-Heat         |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Flapple            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Dodrio             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Orbeetle           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Samurott           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Decidueye          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Nidoqueen          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Slowking           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 24   | Mandibuzz          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |

See the Discord for Replays

I can't give takeaways right now, but I do wanna mention that Mega Pidgeot is a very good mon, use it

That's all for now, I'll be posting the commencement of the Mega Metagross Suspect Test in just a bit!

The time has finally come for the Mega Metagross Suspect Test to begin!

np: Trouble Ahead - Mega Metagross Suspect Test
:sm/metagross-mega:

Mega Metagross lost Tough Claws in favor of Neuroforce back in Slate 4 and, while not as highly requested of a suspect test as Lucario one, this nerf is enough for us to consider giving it a chance in OU through this suspect test!

Like Mega Lucario, the argument for Mega Metagross being unbanned is pretty simple. Mega Metagross no longer has Tough Claws, being replacced by the much worse Neuroforce, generally making significantly weaker unless you manage to hit a super effective move. Even if you do land a super effective move, it'll still be weaker than it would be if Metagross had Tough Claws (with the only notable exceptions being Earthquake and non-Grass Knot Special moves). Without Tough Claws or any consistent power boost, Metagross' 145 Attack stat looks a lot weaker, as that's quite low for a Mega Pokemon and Metagross suffers from a pretty mediocre offensive typing, theoretically making it a lot easier to answer defensively. Metagross' Psychic-typing can often come back to bite it as Ghost and Dark-types are everywhere in the metagame, many of which can OHKO it or massively damage it despite its immense bulk.

Speaking of Mega Metagross' bulk, that's likely the biggest reason against unbanning it. Unlike Mega Lucario, who's comparable in power and is arguably more threatening thanks to its Fighting-typing and Swords Dance, or the much stronger Mega Medicham, Metagross has amazing 80/150 physical bulk that makes it tough to revenge kill with a physical attacker that isn't a Mega Beedrill or Galarian Darmanitan-Zen, requiring significant chip damage. Metagross' bulk and Steel-typing also give it more opportunities to come in on weaker physical attacks, something that Mega Lucario and Medicham can't do. Similarly, Metagross' decent 80/110 Special bulk and Fairy resistance make it harder for common Pokemon like Tapu Koko or Zeraora to threaten a healthy Metagross and allows Metagross to easily come in on common Fairy and Ice attacks from the likes of Tapu Lele, Kyurem, Tapu Fini, and Clefable. Thus, whether or not Mega Metagross gets banned might not depend on its power, but rather how often it gets to use that power to threaten teams.

The suspect test will run for the rest of the week, concluding with this weekend 's roomtour on Sunday at 4 PM EST.

This suspect test will have a formal vote, like a typical suspect test, and like a typical suspect test, you have to qualify in order to vote in it. However, since Pet Mods have significantly smaller playerbases than stuff like OU, and I don't wanna lock anyone out of voting because of skill, these requirements should be very easy to obtain.

Suspect Test Voter Requirements:
- Battle 3 times in the Suspect Test format (2 times if you're a council member) without forfeiting (some leeway will be given on this if the winner of the battle was obvious at the point of a forfeit). The battle must be 6v6 to count.
OR
- Play at least one battle in the weekend's roomtour without forfeiting

Be sure to post replays in the #replays channel on Discord for proof (be sure to specify in the message both of the battlers, in case the replay gets overwritten later). I'll keep a list of qualified battlers and then DM you for your vote when the time comes.

The suspect test ladder is already live, so I hope you have fun using Mega Metagross in JolteMons OU!

Hi, everyone, the name of Gravitas is causing technical problems because it conflicts with an existing alias:
View attachment 445288
Can we change it to something else? (I asked about this in the Pet Mods room, but very few people seem to go there.)
Thanks for letting us know. After a quick talk with council, on the main server only, the ability Gravitas will be renamed to Gravitation and the move Meltdown will be renamed to Defrost (if that messes with the Defrost flag, then it will be renamed to Melting Point instead)

Alright, we had our suspect test roomtour today, so let's see what happened!

Tour 11 - JolteMons OU (Suspect Test) - Double Round Robin - 3 Entrants
1st
: Superior Serperior
1st: Moretto
1st: Yoshiblaze
JolteMons OU (Suspect Test) Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Metagross          |    6 |  50.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Wishiwashi         |    5 |  41.67% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Greninja           |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Weavile            |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Hippowdon          |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Dragapult          |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Moltres-Galar      |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Garchomp           |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Corviknight        |    3 |  25.00% |  66.67% |
| 10   | Blacephalon        |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Tapu Fini          |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Tapu Koko          |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Pelipper           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Swampert           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Ferrothorn         |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Raichu-Alola       |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Infernape          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Gliscor            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Mawile             |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Zapdos             |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Lucario            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Gastrodon          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Scizor             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Clefable           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Tornadus-Therian   |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Zeraora            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Nidoking           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Lopunny            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Kyurem             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Heatran            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Slowbro            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Hawlucha           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Mesprit            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Mew                |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Xurkitree          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Volcanion          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Manaphy            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Greninja                |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Dragapult               |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Garchomp                |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Metagross               |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Mawile                  |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Zeraora                 |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Mew                     |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Pelipper                |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeways
- Wow, Mega Metagross actually had the highest amount of usage in it's own suspect test roomtour! Sure, 4 of those came from 1 team and the other 2 also came from the same team, but that still miles better than Lucario's awful turnout in its roomtour
- Mega Metagross didn't do great in any particular battle, but it still had a very scary presence, at least in the games I played (especially the one where I used Screens HO and it had a super effective move against 5/6 of my frail af mons lmao)
- The last game of the tournament was a Rain ditto. Funny
- Ash-Gren saw a lot of usage, though 3 were from the same person, but even so, it shows that with Mega Metagross being a thing, it's coming back in a huge way as a partner and a way to revenge kill it
- Some rarely seen mons that saw usage were Mega Mawile (a forgotten about mon in the Megagross meta, but its typing and Intimidate came in clutch against a Weavile and Mega Metagross), Raichu-Alola (didn't get sent out), Infernape (also didn't get sent out), Hippowdon (has popped up a ton as a great counter to Megagross and it did just that), Mesprit (screens), Xurkitree (screens), and base Lucario (was used a sweeper on rain and did a lot of damage midgame)

With that done, we can move on to the suspect test vote!
Below are all the users who have qualified to vote in the suspect test. I will DM each one of you on either Discord or the Smogon Forums (or you can DM me first) for your vote. When I do that, answer with either Unban or Do Not Unban for what we should do with Mega Metagross.
The vote will conclude as soon as every person above gives me their answer or when a majority is reached. With 11 voters, the magic number is 6.

That's all for now, see you when the votes come in!

The results are in!

This one last a bit longer than Mega Lucario's 13 minutes, this time the deciding vote came in after 3 and half hours, so let's see what happened!

By a vote of 7-3-1, Mega Metagross will be officially unbanned! A huge thank you to everyone who voted! Please let me know if you voted and haven't received the tiering contributor role on Discord yet.
If you want some in-depth reasoning for why Mega Metagross was unbanned, scorbunnys provided me with some reasoning they wanted to share, which you can see in the spoiler tag below
There's more than enough counterplay for it in my opinion, as while its absurd bulk and Neuroforce coupled with its great coverage makes it overall hard to handle by unprepared teams, it's still walled by most bulky waters while it's also forced to pick coverage to what it wants to hit (Ice Punch for Gliscor, Thunder Punch for Slowbro, Bullet Punch to revenge kill Weavile and GDZ, EQ to hit Heatran, Sky Uppercut to hit Flying-types and Steel-types in one but w/o focusing on any so u hardly get a KO on any of them, Zen Headbutt for Buzzwole, Toxic to try to cripple its checks, etc.) while it's also very easy to wear down due to its lack of recovery and the lack of item slot heavily affects it, as that means you're much more vulnerable to chip and you can't further boost it's offensive power either. This meta's also got many other good megas in Medicham-Mega, Lopunny-Mega, and Beedrill-Mega among others that while doing different things than it, they still fit on much more teams and Metagross-Mega also has to face competition with Melmetal, who's bulkier and allows you to run another mega. I honestly don't think it's even that great and thus it should be unbanned.

With Mega Metagross being free, it and whatever meta shifts it'll bring have to be ranked on the VR, so we will have another VR Shift!
Since we now have a competitive council, this VR Shift will be a bit different than previous ones. For this one, you'll submit and discuss VR Noms either on the Discord (in the #vr-suggestions channel) or in this thread for the next 1-2 (or more, if needed) days. Then, the competitive council will privately discuss and vote on them to see which ones go through, similar to how official tiers do it. As usual with VR shifts, this also brings the possibility of tiering shifts, so be prepared for that!

After this, we'll decide whether we should have an OU or UU roomtour this weekend.

That's all for now, see you soon!

EDIT: Oh, also, by popular demand (cuz I'm tired of hearing it), Coal Engine will be reverted to boosting the user's highest stat

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
I will do some noms + post some sample subs since honestly, why not?

:beedrill-mega: A- -> A
Call me crazy since I'm not sure whether there's really enough usage to back this nom up but I'm a firm believer this mon is one of the best forms of Speed Control available in the metagame, and I think the recent discovery of Pursuit just reaffirms what I'm saying, as it's basically MBee but able to trap Ghosts and Psychics. It also benefits from slower teams (who have been sort of encouraged by MMeta start running offensive checks for it fr) and Lopunny-Mega Speed Control reliant teams (who are very common) who get swept by this mon, but also the recent MMeta's addition gives it a new target. I also think stuff like Dragapult and Zeraora rising is quite beneficial for it, as its Speed and Pursuit access allow it to reliably revenge kill both.

:Hippowdon: UR -> B-
I think we all collectively forgot about this pokemon? It was already viable without Metagross-Mega but now it's just even better, as it can check it well. Aside from that though, it's got a lot of appealing traits in Sand Stream (which is huge vs Weather), being a Ground-Type that doesn't fold to HP Ice and its access to recovery unlike Landorus-T makes it such a phenomenal glue. As an extra plus over Gliscor, it learns Whirlwind and has better mixed bulk, both of which can come in clutch sometimes (especially the latter, as it allows it to more reliably check SpA Electric types, especially since as I mentioned it's not as vulnerable to HP Ice as Gliscor is). Not gonna post a replay but just search the tour replays.

:metagross-mega: New -> A-
This mon recently got in and it's shown to be a solid Steel-Type already, as it's got a great typing and a solid ability that makes it lethal if well-played (especially against unprepared teams) while it also has a solid Speed stat and fine bulk, plus it's got nice coverage. That being said, though, the common Physical defensive walls are really annoying for it as it has no real way to break through all of them at the same time (not even most) and it's really prone to Spikes, Rocky Helmet, Will-O-Wisp, hell Stealth Rock can mess it up long-term (it often doesn't tho) due to its lack of sustainability, plus the competition for mega slot is still really annoying, as there are more effective and easier to fit megas, so I think A- suits well to it and I wouldn't fully oppose to rise it in the future if it fares well enough, as being a Steel-Type that doesn't fold to Slowbro and Toxapex is something I certainly think it's fantastic.

:Slowbro-mega: B- -> B
Honestly, right now I see no harm on rising it as it's pretty much just Regular Slowbro but occupies mega slot in exchange of better stats, Prickly Coat + Regenerator in one as you're not megaing in t1 and a Knock Off resistance (and punisher if it gets to mega), which while can be annoying to fit, if you don't need your megaslot you can just slap it on Slowbro, especially since it can come in clutch as seen in both EeveeGirl game and here, where it gets to set all Spikes (it's honestly not unrealistic as hell either as contact moves like Knock Off and U-turn are really common and they could easily click them on your Mega bro), allowing to chip Melmetal and having more outs at beating it, as even though it really didn't came in clutch due Melmetal flinching haxing MegaBro, if it didn't, it'd have came in clutch as it would only have took one more Body Press it'd have died. Overall, while it's a kinda situational and hard to fit Pokémon, it's more effective than most B- mons imo and probably easier to fit if we put it that way, thus it should rise, especially with MMeta dropping.

:Banette-Mega: UR -> C+/C
This mon's been unexplored for a while, and now with Counterfeit buff there are more legitimate reasons to use it, as if you get to steal items like Heavy-Duty-Boots or Soul Blade it can get really annoying (situational as hell though) while it also can setup on a lot of shit under Screens due to its already not-so-bad natural bulk and solid typing that makes it Toxic immune and gives it some nice resists that allows it to fare well against stuff like Clefable, Scizor-Mega and can also set-up on defensive mons like Ferrothorn, Tapu Fini and Buzzwole, plus you don't even fare that bad against Dark-Types, just smack non-GMolt/Alomuk Darks with Superpower (and you can smack the other ones with +1 Iron Head if you chip them anyways) and we chillin' (Paulluxx if u wanna backup this feel free to). Please excuse me since I lost the replay I had w it putting in work.

:Melmetal: -> A
I nominated it before but now we've got more evidence to back up it so I wanna re-nom it. Honestly, I don't believe this Pokemon's anywhere close to be bad lol, it's fantastic, I just think with Metagross-Mega getting unbanned, it gets some competition as this mon doesn't break Water-Types nor it does have a cool Speed Tier, plus the bulk ain't that meaningful since MMeta doesn't have a Fighting-type weakness and the bulk difference ain't that huge outside from the Physical Defense (I'll get into that point later tho), plus TWave + DIB are, while good, still exploited by bulky Steels and Grounds that are at their peak right now. That being said, though, ID Shell Bell sets are really good as they break through conventional counterplay and it's got massive defense to just go wild into an unprepared team, but meta trends are definitely not on its side (Wishiwashi-S, Hippowdon recent uptick, Volcarona being quite good among others), hence why I believe it could drop a subrank, as I don't think it's on par with them, though I'm still not fully safe with nominating this, as it's Physical Defense is really valuable, cuz it allows it to literally 1v1 90% of the physical meta.

:Volcarona: -> A
Scor trying to cut the clut from A+ again, yeah what a surprise! In all seriousness though, Engine nerf means it'll be what it used to be before the Engine fake nerf, aka it won't be able to invest on bulk so it'd have a harder time at sweeping, and if it does it either has to ditch Speed or SpA. Not a bad mon by any means but it's definitely not the threat it used to be some days ago (might probably regret nomming this if it somehow manages to be as good as back in Coal Engine Speed Buff meta though).

:Cinderace::avalugg::pyukumuku: -> UR
Only salvageable one is Cinderace as it's a sun abuser that beats Toxapex and has Sucker Punch but nah, UR all of them lmao their niches are basically inexistent. Can see Cinderace roughly staying if gets enough exploration tho.

Last edited:
The Post-Mega Metagross Suspect Test VR Shift is finally here! Thank you for all the VR Nominations! Using our new council-based method of determining which VR Noms get approved, the following nominations were approved:

Rises
:Lopunny-Mega: A+ to S-
:Buzzwole: A- to A
:Metagross-Mega: New to A-
:Tornadus-Therian: B+ to A-
:Volcanion: B+ to A-
:Slowbro-Mega: B- to B
:Hippowdon: UR to B-
:Flapple: UR to C-

Drops
:Gyarados-Mega: A to A-
:Zarude-Dada: A- to B+
:Muk-Alola: B+ to B
:Wormadam-Sandy: C to C-
:Cinderace: C to UR
:Avalugg: C- to UR
:Pyukumuku: C- to UR
:Marowak: C- to UR

With the VR Shift, we have one tiering change, with Muk-Alola dropping from OU to UU!

Speaking of UU, tomorrow's roomtour will be UU at the usual time of 4 PM EST! Hope to see you there!

This week's roomtour was a little UU one, so let's look at the results!

Tour 12 - JolteMons UU - Double Round Robin - 3 Entrants
1st
: Yoshiblaze
2nd: Superior Serperior
2nd: present4u
JolteMons UU Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Chandelure         |    5 |  50.00% |  40.00% |
| 2    | Bisharp            |    4 |  40.00% |  25.00% |
| 3    | Latias             |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Runerigus          |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Amoonguss          |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Articuno-Galar     |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Manectric          |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Alomomola          |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Meloetta           |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Hippowdon          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Mandibuzz          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Altaria            |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Florges-Yellow     |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Rotom-Fan          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Aegislash          |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Absol              |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Weezing-Galar      |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Rotom-Heat         |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Scizor             |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Tentacruel         |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Pidgeot            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Torkoal            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Venusaur           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Keldeo             |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Zygarde-10%        |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Cinderace          |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Goodra             |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Jirachi            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Ampharos           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Mienshao           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Polteageist-Antique |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Regieleki          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Azelf              |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Dodrio             |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Darmanitan-Galar   |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| 1    | Meloetta                |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Manectric               |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Pidgeot                 |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Zygarde-10%             |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Chandelure              |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Hippowdon               |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Regieleki               |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Articuno-Galar          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Latias                  |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Bisharp                 |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
- No uses for the new drop in Muk-Alola (though I did forget to announce that the drop was live and I didn't use it myself, so oops)
- The usage stats were highly skewed due to repeat teams, but Chandelure being at the top is still fairly interesting,being pretty decent in a tier where it doesn't have to contend with Blacephalon or really any other strong Special Ghost (the next best ones being Aegislash and Mismagius)
- Balance/Bulky Offense all-around in the tour, which I didn't really expect for such a chaotic tier as UU is, with the only exceptions being a Sun Team getting a win and a Screens team with a loss
- Zen Mode Darmanitan-Galar made an appearance, since I recently told people that technically only Chill Pill G is banned from UU and not Zen G-Darm itself. It didn't get to do much unfortunately
- Runerigus is a very good mon btw
- Zygarde-10% is also very good against slower teams
- Love to see more Latias usage. While it didn't do much, I assure you that this mon is both of the best mons in the tier and one of the most helpful, with its infinite sets and amazing defensive utility that keeps many things in check while having lots of defensive counterplay that prevents it from being as broken as Latios was. Use it.

Hello!

No updates on anything right now, but I did wanna share one funny thing.
Out of curiosity, I collected every single active JolteMons replay that I had access to and go the usage stats for them, yielding me the following results:
Cumulative Usage Stats of All Active Replays (Suspect Tests Included)

Code:
| 1    | Moltres-Galar      |   87 |  22.77% |  52.87% |
| 2    | Wishiwashi         |   73 |  19.11% |  53.42% |
| 3    | Tapu Koko          |   72 |  18.85% |  58.33% |
| 3    | Landorus-Therian   |   72 |  18.85% |  55.56% |
| 5    | Garchomp           |   60 |  15.71% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Heatran            |   57 |  14.92% |  36.84% |
| 7    | Ferrothorn         |   52 |  13.61% |  59.62% |
| 8    | Gliscor            |   50 |  13.09% |  54.00% |
| 9    | Dragapult          |   47 |  12.30% |  46.81% |
| 10   | Melmetal           |   45 |  11.78% |  46.67% |
| 10   | Clefable           |   45 |  11.78% |  40.00% |
| 12   | Metagross          |   42 |  10.99% |  45.24% |
| 13   | Corviknight        |   37 |   9.69% |  54.05% |
| 13   | Toxapex            |   37 |   9.69% |  43.24% |
| 15   | Greninja           |   36 |   9.42% |  44.44% |
| 16   | Lopunny            |   34 |   8.90% |  55.88% |
| 17   | Zeraora            |   30 |   7.85% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Tapu Fini          |   29 |   7.59% |  62.07% |
| 18   | Blissey            |   29 |   7.59% |  48.28% |
| 20   | Tornadus-Therian   |   27 |   7.07% |  55.56% |
| 20   | Blacephalon        |   27 |   7.07% |  51.85% |
| 20   | Kyurem             |   27 |   7.07% |  48.15% |
| 20   | Weavile            |   27 |   7.07% |  44.44% |
| 24   | Mawile             |   26 |   6.81% |  46.15% |
| 24   | Rotom-Wash         |   26 |   6.81% |  38.46% |
| 26   | Uxie               |   25 |   6.54% |  52.00% |
| 27   | Kartana            |   23 |   6.02% |  47.83% |
| 27   | Houndoom           |   23 |   6.02% |  47.83% |
| 29   | Cresselia          |   22 |   5.76% |  54.55% |
| 29   | Chesnaught         |   22 |   5.76% |  45.45% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |   21 |   5.50% |  61.90% |
| 31   | Infernape          |   21 |   5.50% |  52.38% |
| 31   | Nidoking           |   21 |   5.50% |  47.62% |
| 33   | Hawlucha           |   20 |   5.24% |  70.00% |
| 33   | Slowbro            |   20 |   5.24% |  55.00% |
| 33   | Flapple            |   20 |   5.24% |  45.00% |
| 33   | Beedrill           |   20 |   5.24% |  35.00% |
| 37   | Serperior          |   19 |   4.97% |  42.11% |
| 38   | Scizor             |   18 |   4.71% |  44.44% |
| 38   | Wigglytuff         |   18 |   4.71% |  38.89% |
| 38   | Hippowdon          |   18 |   4.71% |  27.78% |
| 38   | Buzzwole           |   18 |   4.71% |  22.22% |
| 42   | Alakazam           |   17 |   4.45% |  76.47% |
| 42   | Gourgeist-Small    |   17 |   4.45% |  52.94% |
| 42   | Rillaboom          |   17 |   4.45% |  35.29% |
| 45   | Medicham           |   16 |   4.19% |  50.00% |
| 45   | Tapu Lele          |   16 |   4.19% |  50.00% |
| 45   | Galvantula         |   16 |   4.19% |  31.25% |
| 48   | Muk-Alola          |   15 |   3.93% |  53.33% |
| 49   | Alomomola          |   14 |   3.66% |  64.29% |
| 49   | Cinderace          |   14 |   3.66% |  50.00% |
| 51   | Articuno-Galar     |   13 |   3.40% |  46.15% |
| 51   | Gallade            |   13 |   3.40% |  38.46% |
| 51   | Steelix            |   13 |   3.40% |  38.46% |
| 51   | Volcanion          |   13 |   3.40% |  38.46% |
| 55   | Volcarona          |   12 |   3.14% |  58.33% |
| 55   | Magnezone          |   12 |   3.14% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Samurott           |   11 |   2.88% |  81.82% |
| 57   | Decidueye          |   11 |   2.88% |  72.73% |
| 59   | Charizard          |   10 |   2.62% |  90.00% |
| 59   | Dragonite          |   10 |   2.62% |  80.00% |
| 59   | Swampert           |   10 |   2.62% |  70.00% |
| 59   | Ampharos           |   10 |   2.62% |  70.00% |
| 59   | Zapdos             |   10 |   2.62% |  60.00% |
| 59   | Tyranitar          |   10 |   2.62% |  60.00% |
| 59   | Excadrill          |   10 |   2.62% |  60.00% |
| 59   | Tentacruel         |   10 |   2.62% |  50.00% |
| 59   | Celesteela         |   10 |   2.62% |  50.00% |
| 59   | Gyarados           |   10 |   2.62% |  40.00% |
| 59   | Darmanitan-Galar   |   10 |   2.62% |  40.00% |
| 59   | Zarude-Dada        |   10 |   2.62% |  20.00% |
| 71   | Sableye            |    9 |   2.36% |  66.67% |
| 71   | Starmie            |    9 |   2.36% |  66.67% |
| 71   | Victini            |    9 |   2.36% |  66.67% |
| 71   | Hydreigon          |    9 |   2.36% |  55.56% |
| 71   | Goodra             |    9 |   2.36% |  55.56% |
| 71   | Pachirisu          |    9 |   2.36% |  22.22% |
| 77   | Cobalion           |    8 |   2.09% |  87.50% |
| 77   | Kommo-o            |    8 |   2.09% |  75.00% |
| 77   | Pelipper           |    8 |   2.09% |  62.50% |
| 77   | Chansey            |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Ninetales-Alola    |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Arctozolt          |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Mesprit            |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Zapdos-Galar       |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Rotom-Mow          |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 77   | Chandelure         |    8 |   2.09% |  37.50% |
| 77   | Slowking-Galar     |    8 |   2.09% |  37.50% |
| 88   | Xurkitree          |    7 |   1.83% |  71.43% |
| 88   | Mismagius          |    7 |   1.83% |  57.14% |
| 88   | Bisharp            |    7 |   1.83% |  42.86% |
| 88   | Bibarel            |    7 |   1.83% |  28.57% |
| 88   | Deoxys-Defense     |    7 |   1.83% |  14.29% |
| 93   | Thundurus-Therian  |    6 |   1.57% |  83.33% |
| 93   | Rotom-Fan          |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Feraligatr         |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Diancie            |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Raichu-Alola       |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Azelf              |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Forretress         |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Runerigus          |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Lucario            |    6 |   1.57% |  50.00% |
| 93   | Gastrodon          |    6 |   1.57% |  33.33% |
| 93   | Terrakion          |    6 |   1.57% |  33.33% |
| 104  | Darmanitan         |    5 |   1.31% |  80.00% |
| 104  | Heliolisk          |    5 |   1.31% |  80.00% |
| 104  | Tangrowth          |    5 |   1.31% |  60.00% |
| 104  | Regieleki          |    5 |   1.31% |  60.00% |
| 104  | Typhlosion         |    5 |   1.31% |  40.00% |
| 104  | Centiskorch        |    5 |   1.31% |  40.00% |
| 104  | Mimikyu            |    5 |   1.31% |  40.00% |
| 104  | Latias             |    5 |   1.31% |  20.00% |
| 104  | Quagsire           |    5 |   1.31% |  20.00% |
| 113  | Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 113  | Togedemaru         |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 113  | Lumineon           |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 113  | Blaziken           |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 113  | Mew                |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 113  | Manaphy            |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 113  | Gardevoir          |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 113  | Banette            |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 113  | Amoonguss          |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 113  | Meganium           |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Mudsdale           |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Pinsir             |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Aggron             |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Palossand          |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Jirachi            |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Torterra           |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 113  | Empoleon           |    4 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 130  | Torkoal            |    3 |   0.79% | 100.00% |
| 130  | Toxicroak          |    3 |   0.79% | 100.00% |
| 130  | Porygon2           |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Hoopa-Unbound      |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Rhyperior          |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Salazzle           |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Magmortar          |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Venusaur           |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Sylveon            |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Tapu Bulu          |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 130  | Hatterene          |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 130  | Urshifu-*          |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 130  | Heracross          |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 130  | Nihilego           |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 130  | Rotom-Heat         |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 130  | Sneasel            |    3 |   0.79% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Slowbro-Galar      |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Meloetta           |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Blastoise          |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Morpeko            |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Orbeetle           |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Dhelmise           |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Eelektross         |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 146  | Stakataka          |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Regice             |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Krookodile         |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Magneton           |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Reuniclus          |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Haxorus            |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Absol              |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Vikavolt           |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Skarmory           |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Arctovish          |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Toxtricity         |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Breloom            |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Marowak            |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Aerodactyl         |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Shaymin-Sky        |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 146  | Altaria            |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Marowak-Alola      |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Shedinja           |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Regigigas          |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Smeargle           |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Latios             |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 146  | Lapras             |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Crawdaunt          |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Hypno              |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Registeel          |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Alcremie-Rainbow-Swirl |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Hariyama           |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Salamence          |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Dusknoir           |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Snorlax            |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Grimmsnarl         |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Dewgong            |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Leafeon            |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Kangaskhan         |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Wormadam           |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Gengar             |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 175  | Ribombee           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Keldeo             |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Electrode          |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Avalugg            |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Moltres            |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Articuno           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Bronzong           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Zebstrika          |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Ditto              |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Toxtricity-Low-Key |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Corsola-Galar      |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Phione             |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Tangela            |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Hoopa              |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Sceptile           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Aegislash          |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Wormadam-Sandy     |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Porygon-Z          |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Raikou             |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Claydol            |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Silvally           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Cloyster           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Electivire         |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Guzzlord           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Audino             |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Polteageist        |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Weezing-Galar      |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Wailord            |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Togekiss           |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 175  | Clawitzer          |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| 1    | Tapu Koko               |   24 |   6.28% |  62.50% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian        |   21 |   5.50% |  61.90% |
| 3    | Lopunny                 |   17 |   4.45% |  52.94% |
| 4    | Wishiwashi              |   15 |   3.93% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Dragapult               |   14 |   3.66% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Galvantula              |   13 |   3.40% |  38.46% |
| 7    | Heatran                 |   11 |   2.88% |  36.36% |
| 7    | Beedrill                |   11 |   2.88% |  36.36% |
| 9    | Infernape               |    9 |   2.36% |  55.56% |
| 10   | Sableye                 |    8 |   2.09% |  75.00% |
| 10   | Metagross               |    8 |   2.09% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Zeraora                 |    8 |   2.09% |  37.50% |
| 13   | Garchomp                |    7 |   1.83% |  71.43% |
| 14   | Melmetal                |    6 |   1.57% |  66.67% |
| 14   | Weavile                 |    6 |   1.57% |  66.67% |
| 14   | Serperior               |    6 |   1.57% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Ferrothorn              |    5 |   1.31% | 100.00% |
| 17   | Tornadus-Therian        |    5 |   1.31% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Victini                 |    5 |   1.31% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Mawile                  |    5 |   1.31% |  60.00% |
| 21   | Greninja                |    4 |   1.05% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Ampharos                |    4 |   1.05% |  75.00% |
| 21   | Cinderace               |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Clefable                |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Blacephalon             |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Kyurem                  |    4 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Moltres-Galar           |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 21   | Hippowdon               |    4 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 29   | Medicham                |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Tapu Lele               |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Flapple                 |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Xurkitree               |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Mew                     |    3 |   0.79% |  66.67% |
| 29   | Deoxys-Defense          |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Toxapex                 |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Rotom-Wash              |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Uxie                    |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Gliscor                 |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Volcanion               |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Darmanitan-Galar        |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Rotom-Mow               |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Nidoking                |    3 |   0.79% |  33.33% |
| 29   | Rillaboom               |    3 |   0.79% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Steelix                 |    3 |   0.79% |   0.00% |
| 29   | Zarude-Dada             |    3 |   0.79% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Swampert                |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Meloetta                |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Orbeetle                |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Charizard               |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Scizor                  |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Celesteela              |    2 |   0.52% | 100.00% |
| 46   | Hatterene               |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Typhlosion              |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Alomomola               |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Darmanitan              |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Pachirisu               |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Houndoom                |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Starmie                 |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Aggron                  |    2 |   0.52% |  50.00% |
| 46   | Feraligatr              |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Magnezone               |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Terrakion               |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Forretress              |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Pelipper                |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Buzzwole                |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 46   | Smeargle                |    2 |   0.52% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Slowbro-Galar           |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Pinsir                  |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Muk-Alola               |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl     |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Slowbro                 |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Togedemaru              |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Diancie                 |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Articuno-Galar          |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Blaziken                |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Porygon2                |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Sylveon                 |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Torterra                |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Cobalion                |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Hariyama                |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Regieleki               |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Toxicroak               |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Torkoal                 |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Dragonite               |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Zapdos-Galar            |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Hoopa-Unbound           |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Runerigus               |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Gourgeist-Small         |    1 |   0.26% | 100.00% |
| 67   | Ribombee                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Wigglytuff              |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Electrode               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Arctozolt               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Blissey                 |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Magneton                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Tentacruel              |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Sneasel                 |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Jirachi                 |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Corviknight             |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Zebstrika               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Chesnaught              |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Bisharp                 |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Mismagius               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Bibarel                 |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Zapdos                  |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Vikavolt                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Shedinja                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Nihilego                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Toxtricity-Low-Key      |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Phione                  |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Regigigas               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Heliolisk               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Urshifu-Rapid-Strike    |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Raikou                  |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Silvally                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Guzzlord                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Cresselia               |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Togekiss                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Venusaur                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Empoleon                |    1 |   0.26% |   0.00% |
:wishiwashi:Top 10 Combos:moltres-galar:
Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 2                         | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ----------------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Wishiwashi / Moltres-Galar          |   28 |   7.33% |  53.57% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian / Tapu Koko        |   22 |   5.76% |  72.73% |
| 2    | Wishiwashi / Tapu Koko              |   22 |   5.76% |  63.64% |
| 4    | Lopunny / Wishiwashi                |   19 |   4.97% |  57.89% |
| 5    | Hawlucha / Tapu Koko                |   18 |   4.71% |  72.22% |
| 5    | Lopunny / Moltres-Galar             |   18 |   4.71% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Gliscor / Tapu Koko                 |   18 |   4.71% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Moltres-Galar / Tapu Koko           |   17 |   4.45% |  58.82% |
| 8    | Landorus-Therian / Melmetal         |   17 |   4.45% |  52.94% |
| 10   | Corviknight / Garchomp              |   16 |   4.19% |  62.50% |
| 10   | Garchomp / Moltres-Galar            |   16 |   4.19% |  50.00% |
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-275
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-273
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-281
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-282
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-291
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-321
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-334
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-335
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-336
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-337
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-350
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-352
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-353
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-294
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-295
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-299
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-301
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-308
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-311
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-286
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-290
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-296
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-297
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-302
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-304
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-278
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-338
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-313
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-298
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-322
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-327
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-357
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-368
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-388
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-389
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-287
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-323
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-325
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-329
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-330
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-306
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-307
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-314
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-315
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-316
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-317
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-346
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-347
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-277
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-276
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-284
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-318
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-326
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-283
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-303
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-274
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-305
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-331
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-340
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-344
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-312
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-332
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-333
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-339
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-341
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-342
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-343
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-348
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-345
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-349
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-351
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-354
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-355
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-370
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-356
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-373
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-374
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-375
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-377
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-319
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-320
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-328
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-288
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-289
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-293
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-300
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-324
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-7
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-8
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-10
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-12
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-19
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-20
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-21
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-36
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-50
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-4
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-40
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-42
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-45
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-59
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-61
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-66
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-18
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-22
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-27
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-28
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-30
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-31
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-39
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-16
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-23
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-29
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-32
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-33
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-25
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-55
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-60
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-65
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-64
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-67
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-70
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-77
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-76
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-82
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-87
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-88
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-95
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-101
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-105
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-14
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-15
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-44
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-68
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-73
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-74
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-75
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-78
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-83
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-85
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-86
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-90
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-92
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-93
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-96
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-99
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-100
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-57
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-11
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-13
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-24
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-34
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-51
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-69
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-91
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-72
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-71
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-69
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-70
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-46
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-27
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-24
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-21
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-19
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-20
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-17
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-45
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-44
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-43
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-34
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-38
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-23
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-18
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-25
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-5
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-10
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-9
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-7
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-26
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-16
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-14
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-13
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-11
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-8
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-6
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemonssuspecttest-4

Of course, these plays don't fully represent everything that's been usage in JolteMons as MANY replays (especially recent replays) are missing due to being overwritten, but it's still interesting to look at nonetheless. The Top 20 generally make sense (aside from Metagross being bloated by its suspect test), but after that you can really look into the past and all of the stuff that's gotten nerfed, with stuff like Uxie and Galvantula in the Top 40, helped by there being so many old replays preserved due to the replay numbering system changing. I'll probably do this again at the end of the generation just to see if anything changes

Hello!

While we continue to develop OU and UU, I figure that we should have a little fun in this thread!

More specifically, we're gonna start a Victim of the Week project! If you don't know what that as, you can see an example here in the OU subforum or read the rules in the next paragraph, but essentially, I put up a Pokémon and you sub effective checks and counters to it, allowing us to learn how to deal with threatening Pokemon in the current metagame.

Rules (mostly stolen from OU's thread)
1. When nominating a check or counter, be sure to consider Smogon's definition of a check and counter
Pokémon A checks Pokémon B if, when Pokémon A is given a free switch into Pokémon B, Pokémon A can win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax.

Pokémon A counters Pokémon B if Pokémon A can manually switch into Pokémon B and still win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax.
Say the victim in question was Choice Specs Dragapult:
:sm/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower / Thunder

An example of a check to Dragapult would be Mega Sceptile because it can always beat Dragapult on a free switch because Dragon Pulse always OHKOs Dragapult

An example of a counter to Dragapult would be Muk-Alola because it can safely switch into any of Dragapult's moves and KO it with Knock Off after taking another hit

There are some parts of those definitions that may be confusing to the unfamiliar, so now I'm going to make sure we're all on the same page. "Hax" does not mean cheats or codes used to win. "Hax" means, loosely, things that have a chance of happening but usually don't, for example, critical hits (under most circumstances), Ice Beam freezing, and Fire Blast missing. This means that we don't take into account these types of things when we analyze if one Pokémon checks or counters another. Despite this, it's unwise to declare that one Pokémon checks another when the victorious Pokémon relies on hitting Focus Blast three times in a row, or something like that. Basically, you're often okay ignoring hax unless something that doesn't have a high chance of happening must happen in order for a Pokémon to check or counter another.

There are some things, like flinching, which you would normally consider to be hax but aren't always so. For example, Jirachi has a 60% chance to flinch a slower opponent with Iron Head, so in this case, flinching is not hax because it happens over half the time. For things such as missing or secondary effects, such as a Scald burn or Special Defense drop from Seed Flare, that have a decently high chance of happening, you need to think about them when you analyze checks or counters. Even though they might fit the standard definition of hax, they happen often enough for you to expect to see them in real situations somewhat commonly. There's no official or best guideline, but in my opinion, if some form of "hax" has a 30% chance or higher of happening, you should keep it in the back of your mind because it's not a negligible occurrence.
2. Only post Pokemon sets that are viable in the metagame in question (which will be JolteMons OU unless otherwise specified). Try to stick to the mons on the Viability Rankings unless you have very good proof (like a replay)/reasoning for something unranked.
4. You can correct people, but obviously be nice.
5. Calcs are incredibly helpful and highly recommended. When getting calcs, assume that Stealth Rock is up (you don't have to assume that any other hazards are up and unless otherwise stated).
6. Give explanations. Not a thesis or anything, but more than one sentence should be fine.
7. If someone posts a Pokemon with a certain set, you can only submit the same Pokemon if it has a directly different set.
8. In order to maximize the amount of subs we get, you'll be allowed to sub 1 check and 1 counter to the slated Pokemon.
9. In voting, you'll vote for your favorite check and your favorite counter. The Pokemon with the most votes in each category winning and being added to an archive.

With that, let's begin Week 1 of JolteMons' Victim of the Week!

JolteMons Victim of the Week - Week 1 - (OU) 3 Attacks Celesteela
:sm/celesteela:
Celesteela @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Leech Seed

3 Attacks Celesteela is a very recent but highly effective development, already proving to be notoriously hard to switch into and defensively answer, between its 3 extremely powerful Flare Boost-boosted attacks with stellar neutral coverage and the always annoying Leech Seed to keep it healthy. So, how can you deal with this new threat? When calcing, assume that Flare Boost has already activated (the best way to do this in the calculator is to give Celesteela +1 SpA and +1 SpD).​

Submissions will close in 5 days, then voting with last 24 hours

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora @ Shell Bell
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electro Ball
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
This mon's a solid check for this Steela's set, as it can take relatively well anything that Steela throws on it's face while it can easily 2hko it. That being said, it can't switch into it, as flame easily 2hkoes and this mon lacks a reliable well to sustain itself outside from Shell Bell, making it relatively easy to wear down (Shell Bell is still huge for it overall though).

252+ Def Zeraora Body Press vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 204-242 (60.8 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (electro ball btw).
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 170-201 (53.6 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/ampharos-mega:
All you need to know (counter):
252+ SpA Ampharos-Mega Volt Switch vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 200-236 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
252+ SpA Flare Boost Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Fluffy Ampharos-Mega: 130-152 (33.8 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Classic bulky Volc counters this Cele set with ease. Neither coverage options 2HKO unboosted Volc and Volc has obvious ways to punish it in return. However, you do need to scout the STAB on Cele- if it's running the (largely inferior, imo) Air Slash, you have have a little under a 50% chance to be OHKOed by the attack. Regardless it's a pretty solid counter, even if it's not the most splashable thing ever.
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 136-160 (36.4 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 338-402 (90.6 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
8 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 158-188 (47.1 - 56.1%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO

Check:
:sm/medicham-mega:
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Sky Uppercut
- Shadow Punch / Enchanted Punch

I wanted to find something that you wouldn't expect to be able to OHKO Steela as a surprise check, but Celesteela is so bulky that it's actually really hard to OHKO, especially without a super effective move. While a couple Pokemon get close, like Mega Gallade OHKOing it 31% of the time with CC, I believe Mega Medicham is the only thing that can outspeed and OHKO it without a super effective move, as HJK absolutely destroys Steela. Of course, Medicham does also get Sky Uppercut, so you don't even have to risk it being the uncommon defensive set. Only a check as Flash Cannon can OHKO you after Rocks.

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Sky Uppercut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 744-880 (222 - 262.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 345-406 (102.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 216-255 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also, I did say that you could sub 1 check and 1 counter, so here's a counter
Counter:
:sm/camerupt-mega:
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Arid Absorption
- Stealth Rock

I expect someone to sub the obvious answer in Heatran, so I'll give you C-Rank Heatran. While the only real reason why you'd use Mega Camel over Tran is probably only to have a sturdy Electric counter on a team with an open Mega slot, Mega Camel doubles as a great Celesteela counter, arguably being more consistent than Heatran since its immune to Thunderbolt and can't miss Flamethrower. Flamethrower easily 2HKOs while the only conceivable way that Steela wins requires a ton of hax (being a Flash Cannon SpD drop on switch-in plus 1-2 high rolls, which doesn't consider clicking Arid and switching out). Just be sure your opponent isn't running Air Slash for some reason since you could get flinch haxed.

+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Camerupt-Mega: 69-82 (20 - 23.8%) -- 58.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Flamethrower vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 230-272 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Camerupt-Mega: 130-154 (37.7 - 44.7%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I’ll be that guy

Counter:
:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

It’s just standard SpDef Tran. Steela does nothing to it and Magma Storm easily 2HKOs even after Flare Boost. However, I do want to add this this VotW is most certainly going to up the usage of both Fires and Electrics in order to answer Steela. There’s a problem with that, and that problem is that Hidden Power exists. Sure, both Thunderbolt and Leech Seed are great for Steela, but what if it drops one of them for HP Ground? All of the sudden its ‘answers’ are being easily 2HKOed instead of walling it infinitely, and I think that’s pretty worth slotting in.

+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 100-118 (25.9 - 30.5%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 180-212 (53.7 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leech Seed recovery and trapping damage

Check:
:ss/blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Trick

yeah. Blace lives every hit from full so you could even hard switch in with Regen variants and not feel too bad about it, though you probably shouldn’t since Tbolt OHKOs after rocks. Overheat guaranteed OHKOs and Flamethrower almost does too, so basically every Specs Blace variant can beat Steela with ease.

+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Blacephalon: 171-202 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 470-554 (140.2 - 165.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 324-384 (96.7 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Crackpot Answer:
:ss/rotom-mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

The problem with walling Celesteela is that Leech Seed can be a pain to deal with, even for mons that answer every other move it can throw out. The problem with walling Leech Seed is that Celesteela runs Flare Boost Flamethrower, so your Grass type is very dead. Rotom-Mow is the best possible solution to this problem, as while it‘s still OHKOed by Flamethrower, it easily lives every other hit Steela can throw out and Volt Switches out with ease, or even Tricks a Scarf if the Steela player gets too greedy. Rotom-Mow even has the added benefit of Grassy Surge, which Steela can’t utilize as it is a Flying type, while both Mowtom and the rest of your team get some easy passive recovery to aid in rocket management. Sure, Volt doesn’t even guaranteed 2HKO, but such is the price you must pay for a real man’s answer.

+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 266-314 (110.3 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 89-105 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Rotom-Mow Volt Switch vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 132-156 (39.4 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Counter
:ss/rotom-heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split / Toxic

Rotom-Heat counters almost any Celesteela variant possible, resisting all of it's STABS and popular coverage, and can proceed to utilize it as set up bait with Nasty Plot, or depending on the set, a means to capture momentum. Rotom-Heat has always been a decent stallbreaker, having a great matchup versus multiple commonplace fat Pokemon ala Clefable, Toxapex, Moltres-Galar and Corviknight.

+2 4 SpA Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 386-456 (115.2 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 4 SpA Rotom-Heat Discharge vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 236-282 (70.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 84-99 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (Most damage Celesteela can ever do)

Ugh. I have so much to catch up on. This weekend is going to be "fun".

I guess I'll give this a try despite being missing for most of this month:

Check:
:sm/tapu koko:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Enchanted Punch
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Since no one else wanted to go with the most obvious answer, I guess I'll "sacrifice" myself by posting it even though I probably use this mon the least of anyone. Either Choice Koko set works to scare out and maul Celesteela, but it's easy to forget (repeatedly) that Flare Boost is basically a free Calm Mind, meaning it boosts SpD by one two. As such, only Choice Band is guaranteed to OHKO the Princess from the Moon even when Electric Terrain is actually up, not that she shrugs up off Thunderbolt and Volt Switch like nothing; she just lives to potentially explode Tapu Koko back (or, in the case of Volt Switch, whatever poor bastard comes in if you guess wrong):

252 Atk Choice Band Tapu Koko Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 428-506 (127.7 - 151%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 306-360 (91.3 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Volt Switch vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 236-282 (70.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 237-280 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Counter:
:sm/latias-mega:
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Roost

Speaking of mons I've barely ever used, this is a bit of "shakier" counter than I would like, if only because it can lose to coming into a Flash Cannon that drops its SpD defense and then another Flash Cannon even through Mystical Fire. That's basically the same as getting crit though, especially since higher end rolls are needed for both even if Stealth Rocks are up. I just wanted to note that it can happen instead of pretending that Latias-Mega gets to come in for absolutely free due to eating everything else Celesteela can throw at it and Roost and Mystical Fire it off and Calm Mind up in its faceless face:

0 SpA Latias-Mega Mystical Fire vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 96-114 (28.6 - 34%) -- 0.8% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Latias-Mega Mystical Fire vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 96-114 (28.6 - 34%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 133-157 (36.6 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 88-105 (24.2 - 28.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

Unlikely and you probably have more a chance of getting paralyzed by Thunderbolt, but it's possible, hence why I was hesitant to post this since I couldn't think of anything else on the VR that actually fit as a better counter that wasn't already taken or severely warped towards murdering Celesteela from its usual set(s). If nothing else, then Latias-Mega at least bypasses the "OMG have u met my BFF HP Grn?!" potential rude surprise that Beaf Cultist brought up. Yay? [/physical pain brought on by not typing properly]

Checks:
:arctozolt: (which hilariously still outspeeds Celesteela even outside of Hail due to the sheer greed of Modest and thus OHKOs it with Bolt Beak)
:dracozolt: (which outspeeds Celesteela even if it was Timid and, unlike Arctozolt, can actually switch in aggressively without fear of dying at least once if not twice)
:runerigus: (which is the most passive-aggressive check on the VR: "Hey, Celesteela, why are you on fire? Flare Boost? What's that? [flees the scene while making Three Stooges noises]"

And in Pet-Mons Mods tradition, doubly honorable mention to an Eeveelution, in this case Umbreon (sorry, Jolteon):
:umbreon: (is probably some type of check and maybe even an outright counter if you want to dump EVs into Speed--184 EVs to be precise--even if it might not be worth it despite Merciless STAB Aggravate to ruin Celesteela's day and prevent Leech Seed seeming hilarious in theory; either way, it's not on the VR, so I couldn't make a case for it even if I was more sure given how long I've been gone and my current infrequency & unreliability in everything)

"you've never even played a single game in jolte" you're right but also

:ss/terrakion:
Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Concussion
Jolly Nature
- Lightning Lance
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge

Used as a check. Scor already reserved Zeraora so I went with the second option which was Terrakion. Lightning Lance instantly OHKOs Celesteela and CC has a 6.3% chance to OHKO.

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Lightning Lance vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 350-412 (104.4 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 285-336 (85 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

of course this thing just dies to a Flash Cannon from Celesteela, but Celesteela gets outsped anyway.

:ss/victini:
Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Neuroforce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- U-turn
Used as a counter. Its already obvious that most fire types can switch into Celesteela's attacks besides Thunderbolt and call it a day. And Victini is one of those. Even without a boosting attack nature or item, Victini can come in and go for a V-create to get the OHKO. Might need to be careful of Air Slash if it somehow crits and gets the oneshot on Victini.

252 Atk Neuroforce Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 595-705 (177.6 - 210.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 93-111 (27.1 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 70-83 (20.4 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 141-167 (41.2 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 177-208 (51.7 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
A little late, but it's voting time!

Vote for 2 checks and 2 counters from the below options. The Pokemon with the most votes in each category wins

Checks
:zeraora:Zeraora by scorbunnys
:medicham-mega:Sky Uppercut Mega Medicham by Yoshiblaze
:blacephalon:Specs Blacephalon by Beaf Cultist
:tapu koko:Banded Tapu Koko by The Damned
:terrakion:Banded Terrakion by lavarina

Counters
:ampharos-mega:Mega Ampharos by scorbunnys
:volcarona:Bulky Volcarona by earl
:camerupt-mega:Mega Camerupt by Yoshiblaze
:heatran:SpD Heatran by Beaf Cultist
:rotom-heat:Rotom-Heat by G-Luke
:latias-mega:Mystical Fire Mega Latias by The Damned
:victini:Victini by lavarina

Voting will last 48 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)