Pet Mod JolteMons (Complete) [Random Battle is Leader's Choice]

Week 2 PMPL Recap! Wow!
vs

Temporary Link

:Alomomola: / :Blissey: / :Skarmory: / :Sableye-Mega: / :Gliscor: / :Clefable: vs :Kyurem: / :Houndoom-Mega: / :Hatterene: / :Ferrothorn: / :Regieleki: / :Landorus-Therian:

So, as you can see from Xrn's team, this is a stall game.
It lasted 118 turns.
I'm not going through 113 turns of gameplay. Both because I don't have the patience to and also because I know very little about stall, no matter the meta, so my opinions on Xrn's plays would be misinformed anyway and that's not very useful to anyone.

However, there is one specific turn that I want to look at and it might just be the single most important turn of the entire battle.
On Turn 108, swag god (formerly known as RTM) had Hatterene in on Gliscor with 41% of its HP out against Xrn's Gliscor. Xrn has 5 Pokemon left, only missing Clefable, but all of them except Alomomola and Gliscor were very weakened. Meanwhile, swag god had Hatterene, Kyurem, and Regieleki all at low HP.
This looks like the beginning of the end for swag god, but there's something important to note here: swag god's Kyurem is Specs and nothing on Xrn's team can take 2 Specs Ice Beams. swag god's Kyurem also had Focus Blast, which Blissey, the main roadblock to a Kyurem sweep, was in barely in range of at 36%. If swag god aggressively hard switched into Kyurem on this turn, this would've put Xrn in a really awkward position. It's worth noting that Xrn almost always switched Gliscor out on Hatterene, as neither of them can really do anything to each other, so it's not too farfetch'd to think that Xrn would switch. This would then guarantee Kyurem a kill unless Xrn took a massive risk, as either Blissey goes down to Focus Blast after Xrn brings it in on Gliscor's U-Turn, or something dies to 2 Ice Beams or Freeze-Dries. However, swag god stayed in with Hatterene instead, allowing Blissey to come in and Soft-Boiled back up to safety, putting Kyurem and Regieleki just out of reach of dismantling the rest of Xrn's team, giving Xrn and the Boomers their first JolteMons win. And, to be fair to swag god, staying in with Hatt was a much safer play than potentially risk your wincon to a Gliscor EQ, plus if swag god made the play, there are infinite ways the battle could've played out from there, so he might've still lost in the end.

Even in such an offensive meta, Stall is always a tough matchup, so I can't fault swag god at all for losing here. I know for a fact I would've lost much faster. The only real notable mistake he made all game was letting Houndoom get weakened by a crit Gliscor U-Turn, as Houndoom could've ran through Xrn's team after a Nasty Plot or 2 after Kyurem took out Clefable, but other than that, swag god did the best they could.

As for Xrn, in tournaments, you have to win by any means necessary and Xrn did exactly that, so I have to respect it. Curious if Xrn sticks to Stall in the future now that they got a win out of it or if they shake it up.

vs

Link

:Ninetales-Alola: / :Arctozolt: / :Volcanion: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Scizor-Mega: / :Moltres-Galar: vs :Sylveon: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Wishiwashi-School: / :Gliscor: / :Ferrothorn: / :Lopunny-Mega:

Next we have the Probopass' Gravity Monkey in his second appearance going up against the Comrades' scorbunnys. scor is a pretty constant presence in the JolteMons Discord and has plenty of experience in NatDex metagames, so this was a good bring for the Comrades here this week.

Gravity Monkey brought a standard Hail team that wouldn't look out of place in NatDex OU aside from the Galarian Moltres, while scorbunnys brought a pretty standard balance team featuring Sylveon. scor has been a big supporter of Sylveon and it has a lot of nice qualities that you will get to see in this battle, so it's nice that he got to show off what it can do here.

At a glance, scor seems to be well prepared for the Hail matchup by having a single Wishiwashi. As long as Arctozolt doesn't have Freeze-Dry, PhysDef Wishiwashi can easily shake off anything it can throw at it, with Ferrothorn being a great contingency plan. Not to mention, Wishiwashi generally walls everything on Grav's team outside of Ninetales (unless Gravity was running NP Goltres, but he wasn't), so Wishiwashi will be extremely important to keep healthy here. For Gravity, if Wishiwashi is weakened and Zolt runs Low Kick, or if it's Freeze-Dry and Ferrothorn is weakened, then Arctozolt can mow through the rest of scor's team, so his top priority is to pressure Washi and Ferro until Zolt can clean through them.

Right at the start, Sylveon proves its worth by tanking a Sludge Wave from Volcanion and putting it to sleep with Lovely Kiss, neutralizing a pretty big threat to scor's team. This brings out Scizor, who takes a huge chunk from a Mystical Fire, so Sylveon is really bringing it out of the gate.

Hail comes up a turn later as Ninetales switches into a Wishiwashi Scald, taking 45%, This reveals that Washi is PhysDef, as a max SpA Scald would definitely 2HKO, which is great for scor to handle Arctozolt and Scizor. This immediately pays off as Arctozolt comes in a couple turns later, bringing out Wishiwashi on a Substitute. Gravity reveals that he isn't running Freeze-Dry, dealing just 32% with a Blizzard, which Wishiwashi Recovers off. A -1 Bolt Beak does only 33% to Wishi on the next turn as Wishi Recovers once again. This pattern repeats for a couple more turns as Wishi is successfully able to stall out the Hail.

However, one big development occurs as Gravity is able to Toxic Wishiwashi with Goltres a couple turns later, putting scor's most important mon on a timer. Wishi does get to suppress Goltres' Regenerator this turn, however.

A few more uneventful turns go by, Hail comes back up, both sides get up a hazard, Gravity gets Aurora Veil up, and scor reveals that his Gliscor is the Swords Dance Facade set. A fairly major turn happens, however, as Sylveon comes in to tank a Freeze-Dry from Ninetales as Hail goes down, then is able to get off a Sparkly Swirl, curing Wishiwashi and scor's Goltres (and Gliscor lol) of their poisoning. This huge for scor, as Gravity now has to try to pressure Wishiwashi with brute force rather than Toxic, or find a way to KO Sylveon and Toxic Wishiwashi again, or else he won't be able to break through with Arctozolt. And that latter job gets a lot harder a couple turns later, as Gravity's Mega Scizor goes down Spikes after being severely weakened without Roosting.

However, not all hope is lost to Gravity, as a few turns of positioning leads to Ninetales getting Hail and Veil up, and Landorus pivoting on Gliscor to get in Arcozolt for free, allowing Arcozolt to take down Gliscor with a Blizzard. scor sends out Lopunny to Fake Out Arctozolt, which Gravity brings Goltres in to take. Since Goltres was revealed to be running Toxic and not Hurricane, Lopunny could've potentially stayed in and did huge damage with Close Combat, which cleanly 2HKOs Goltres and everything else on Grav's team as Lando was weakened. However, scor opted to U-Turn instead, which does give the coming in Sylveon a chance to heal with Moonlight as Goltres just Defogs. I wouldn't call this a misplay or anything, just shows that I'd make more aggressive plays than others.

The still sleeping Volcanion comes in on Sylveon's Moonlight, with scor bringing in Lopunny on Volcanion's guaranteed sleep turn, putting Gravity in a similar situation to a couple turns before. However, Gravity gets out with minimal damage done as Volcanion wakes up on its first possible turn, KOing Lopunny after taking a massive chunk from Return. This is extremely unfortunate for scor as Lopunny could've 2HKO'd or OHKO'd Grav's entire team and chip Arctzolt with Fake Out in a pinch. The safer play would've been to bring Wishiwashi in on the guaranteed sleep turn and potentially predicting a Ninetales switch-in by Scalding, but to be fair, if Volc stayed asleep for one more turn, then scor would've been in an amazing position. The next turn, scor reveals that their Goltres is Nasty Plot + U-Turn, which is interesting.

Sylveon comes back in on Gravity's Goltres a couple turns later and immediately swings momentum back in scor's favor, first dodging a Toxic, then putting Goltres to sleep, and then KOing a very weakened Volcanion with Sparkly Swirl and healing its own poison (though Power of Alchemy gives it the effects of Natural Cure anyway). scor then switches Goltres in on a Landorus EQ and KOes the switching in Ninetales with a Fiery Wrath. However, this brings in Arctozolt, who's in a decent position to turn this game on its head, first weakening the Ferrothorn switch-in with a Blizzard, then nearly KOing Wishiwashi with Blizzard into Bolt Beak. However, Wishi barely holds on and heals with Recover, putting a stop to Arctozolt's best chance to sweep.

On a predicted Recover, Gravity brings in Landorus to try to Toxic Wishiwashi, but scor brings in Ferro to take in, before Ferro goes down to an EQ. This brings in Goltres for scor, who nearly KOes Arctzolt on a Fiery Wrath, which actually doesn't quite KO it. Then, to my surprise considering that scor's Goltres is Nasty Plot, Zolt actually outspeeds out of Hail and destroys Goltres with a Bolt Beakm giving Gravity the lead. As if thing couldn't get worse for scor, Arctozolt's Blizzard on the sent in Wishiwashi freezes it and scor didn't Scald that turn, which would've thawed them out. Next turn, Arctozolt lands a big Bolt Beak to put Wishi in KO range, but scor actually doesn't go for Scald to thaw out, instead getting lucky and thawing out and getting off an extremely important Recover. Wishi then KOes Zolt next turn with Scald, now sitting at a decent 36%.

However, scor does make what I might call a misplay, switching the weakened Wishiwashi out on the incoming Landorus, who 2HKOes Sylveon with EQ, though I imagine that scor didn't think that EQ would 2HKO. If scor sacked Wishi here, Sylveon could've tanked 1 EQ from Lando and would've just needed to land a Sparkly Swirl to KO it, then it could 1v1 the sleeping Goltres, since it could heal Toxics off with Sparkly Swirl.

Wishiwashi comes back in, Intimidating the Landorus. This means that Wishi can probably take 1 EQ at 36%, so Gravity switches to Goltres in response as Wishi Recovers. You'll see why later, but this turn decided the game. Goltres sleeps for 2 turns, which also ends up mattering a lot, before being able to Toxic Wishiwashi, putting it and scor's hopes of winning on a timer. Goltres lands a soft Fiery Wrath as Wishi KOes it with Scald, bringing in Landorus on a Wishiwashi with 40% HP. Landorus goes for EQ and it only does 35% as Wishiwashi KOes Landorus with one last Scald, giving a hard fought victory to the Comrades and scorbunnys.

That turn where Landorus switched out on Wishi did end up deciding game, as if Gravity stayed in to Toxic Wishi, more Toxic damage would've accumuluated by the time Goltres wakes up and that plus Fiery Wrath would've been enough to KO Wishi and give Gravity the win. However, I can't fully fault Gravity for taking the Goltres route, as he might've not thought to Toxic a weakened Wishiwashi, but he also likely knew that EQ wouldn't kill and gave Wishi a free Recover and/or kill on Lando. Hindsight is 20/20 and, if nothing else, this game was a shining example of how Pokemon is a game of inches and just 1 turn can make a world of difference.

Both sides should be proud of this game, both made some great plays and some misplays and both very easily could've won, so both should be feeling more confident heading into the next 3 weeks.

vs

Link

:Ninetales-Alola: / :Arctozolt: / :Diancie-Mega: / :Empoleon: / :Corviknight: / :Landorus-Therian: vs :Chansey: / :Empoleon: / :Cresselia: / :Dragonite: / :Weavile: / :Slowking-Galar:

Next we have a matchup of 2 winners from last week, with the Union's dex against JolteMons veteran Beaf Cultist of the Gourgs. dex brought the second Hail team we've seen this week, never thought I'd say that, while Beaf brought the fattest balance team I've seen in my life with Empoleon and Cresselia. Chansey is also an interesting pick here, as while Chansey is very viable, Blissey is very usually preferred, so I do wonder why he brought it. Also both sides have an Empoleon, so you can expect this game to last awhile, and it does, but not for the reason you would've guessed.

Matchup-wise, Beaf does have to worry about Arctozolt, as on paper, even his extremely fat team can get torn apart. However, since Chansey, Cresselia, and even Empoleon (Unimpressed moment) can tank 1 Bolt Beak, if any of them can land a Toxic or Scald burn on it, Beaf should be in the clear. Beaf also doesn't really have a good way of beating Corvinknight either, unless he's running Banded Weavile or Fire Punch DNite. As for dex, he just needs to get all of Beaf's fatmons low and be sure to not let Dragonite get too many DDances and he'll either out bulk or sweep his way through Beaf's team.

dex immediately leads with Ninetales to get Hail up, while Beaf leads Empoleon. dex hard switches to Corviknight while Beaf Defogs, predicting Aurora Veil. A few turns of pivoting leads to Empoleon getting a Knock Off off on Chansey, immediately making it way more susceptible to Arctozolt and Mega Diancie. Chansey gets Rocks up while Empoleon pivots out with a huge Flip Turn that 46%. The rocks immediately come back to bite Beaf, as the rocks give the incoming Arctozolt an Attack boost from its Coal Engine, which was a very cool item choice.

Arctozolt goes on a mini rampage, taking out Chansey, then taking about Cresselia who's only able to Toxic it. Though, the fact that Cresselia took only 51% from a +1 Bolt Beak is kinda insane and it's not even like its type change helped it do that, Cress is just that fat on its own, though it's clear that Beaf had significant physical bulk investment to make this possible, as 0 Def Cress would've taken 66% minimum.

After Cress goes down, Dragonite comes out, which threatens out Arctozolt due to EQ, which is exactly what Beaf does, chunking the incoming Ninetales. However, Ninetales is still able to get off an Aurora Veil, saving itself from dying to a 2nd EQ. Beaf brings in Galarian Slowking to tank a possible Blizzard or Freeze-Dry, but dex reveals Pain Split on Ninetales, getting Ninetales back up to 60% while Glowking goes all the way down to 56%. This also allows Empoleon to come in for free as Glowking just Future Sights.

Dragonite comes in on a Knock Off, getting rid of Dnite's boots, and unknowingly kicking off the most insane sequence of the entire tournament for JolteMons so far. You see, with Beaf's team so weakened and dex's Empoleon being shown to potentially not have Scald, which Beaf does correctly assume as dex reveals that he's running Rocks on it, Beaf starts DDancing all over Empoleon. This brings out Corviknight, who can wall Dragonite's EQ and likely Dual Wingbeat, but can't exactly stop DNite from setting up because it lacks Toxic or TWave or anything like that (thank God), so Beaf is free to get to +6. And that's exactly what Beaf does, with Corviknight powerless to stop it.

So, one would think that this is a win for Beaf right? Except, Corviknight only takes ~52-58% or so from a +6 Dual Wingbeat and dex is smart. On the first Dual Wingbeat, he clicks Roost. Roost is dex's ticket out of this scary situation, as the combination of Roost and Pressure means that dex is saved as long as he can stall out the rest of Beaf's Dual Wingbeats. However, Beaf has an out too, as if he can stall out dex's Roosts if he wastes enough time DDancing or Roosting himself. And dex is pressured to Roost every turn because, if he doesn't, then Corv gets 2HKO'd by Dual Wingbeat and dex loses the game. However, dex can also counter Beaf's counter-stalling by using Defog to waste time and not waste Roost PP.

And so begins a giant game of chess that I cannot give justice to in this analysis, you should go watch on a high Speed, it starts on Turn 32. If you don't mind spoilers, TL;DR, through an absolutely insane amount of correct predictions on tens and tens of 50/50s, including one period where I swear he got like 10 right in a row, dex is able to successfully PP stall Dragonite. This stall war was definitely in his favor from the start, but he needed to make a lot of good plays to finally get it. However, on the last possible turn, he almost lost it, as on Turn 52, Beaf uses his second to last Dual Wingbeat to get Corv low as dex finally guesses wrong and Defogs. However, dex catches a game saving break as Beaf predicts a switch to waste his last Dual Wingbeat PP and goes for EQ to KO a switch-in (since Landorus was gone at this point). However, dex stays in and Roosts to win the stall war in the craziest way possible. If I was Beaf's shoes, upon looking like I finally won the stall war, I honestly would have tunnel visioned and click Wingbeat there to kill Corv and win the game, but now that I think about it, I think I agree with Beaf's play here, as switching to waste the last PP would've been the perfect backup plan to allow dex to win the stall war. And, even if he EQs, Beaf would have to go through that 50/50 multiple times, giving dex 2 more chances to win the stall war. However, dex took a risk and stayed in and it paid gangbusters. However, dex wasn't completely in the clear yet as DNite's +6 Struggles could've ripped through at least 2 of his Pokemon, but a Corv Brave Bird into a smart Ninetales sack to get Hail chip allowed dex to come out of it with just 1 mon down.

From here, dex is able to clean Beaf's team with Arctozolt, aside from Beaf's Phys Def Protector Empoleon that avoids getting 2HKO'd by Bolt Beak and Toxic stalls Zolt to KO it (what a disgusting sentence lmao), but Beaf's Empo can't win the stall war between it and dex's Empo and Corviknight, giving dex and Union the win.

This was an absultely crazy game and a 100% deserved win for dex. While dex was in control for most of the game, Beaf almost pulled it out in the end and if 1 turn went differently, he would've gotten it, so it was a super respectable effort on his end, showing that he's still a threat in this tournament. As for dex, I have to applaud him, other than messing up literally only 1 turn where he should've Roosted, he played that DNite interaction perfectly, it was crazy to watch live, and I'm excited for his future Jolte games.

Overall, this week was the complete opposite of last week, where instead of crazy hyper offense teams, we had a lot more balance and bulky teams, resulting in much longer games. I have to wonder if this pattern will continue for future weeks or if it'll revert back to the fast-paced games of week 1.

With that, see you next week!

Last edited:
Another week, another round of JolteMosn content !!

Except that'll be tomorrow because we actually have some important matters to attend to right now!

Now that our meta is being looked at under a clearer magnifying glass, some people brought some concerns to us during Week 2 that I very much agreed with. I was initially planning and handling them after PMPL, but since I did state that we could implement balance changes if they were urgent and these changes will just make the metagame just a bit better, I figured it was appropriate to do these mid-tournament.

Thus, I sent out a survey to the team participating in PMPL and asked them for their opinions on 3 key issues. The results are below, but you can skip to the TL;DR if you just wanna know what's gonna happen. These changes go into effect for Week 4

First up was asking how we should nerf Gourgeist-Small. The answer was pretty clear here, so we will Nerf Deafening Shriek. The next question asked how to nerf it, but it was near unanimously (7-2) decided that it should be nerf to 100 BP. The suggestion to remove Moonblast, as it allowed to get past its main "counter" in Goltres also sounded good to us, so Gourgeist will also lose Moonblast and gain Disarming Voice. It still has Focus Blast and Fire Blast, so it's not completely useless against Dark-types, but Goltres becomes a very consistent counter now, especially to choiced sets, while Nasty Plot sets are still easily revenge killed by numerous mons

This one was split right down the middle, with people split on how to handle Unimpressed on Empoleon. Ultimately, council decided to simply Remove Unimpressed from Empoleon and replace it with Competitive (which was decided in the next question in a 3-1-1-1-1 vote), since the only other OU viable mon with Unimpressed is the pretty inoffensive Cobalion and the mons that'll get it in lower tiers can be handled with tiering (so look forward to RUBL Lickilucky and Musharna)

Another clear one, Cresselia will become Psychic/Fairy.

As for other concerns, the only response that wasn't a meme response was for us to look at Cursed Belt. I can see where the concern is, but since a 1.2x boost for just a couple turns isn't super crazy, I'll hold off on any possible nerfs for now, but I'll keep it in mind

However, we do have 1 extra nerf after watching the PMPL games this week and that's to Life Dew's distribution.
Giving recovery to a million things isn't very fun and some of the mons that get it are just baffling, so we decided to trim it a little bit
The following Pokemon will be losing Life Dew:
- :alomomola: Alomomola
- :Hoopa: Hoopa(-Unbound)
- :keldeo: Keldeo
- :florges: Florges
- :Jirachi: Jirachi

This was honestly a smaller list than I thought, but the vast majority of mons with it are either trash, offensive Pokemon that don't have space for it, already get a 16 PP recovery move, or were designed around having it (in the case of Mega Gyarados). The only Pokemon that don't fit these categories are Goodra, Hatterene, and Primarina, who should both be fine with it, but we'll keep an eye on them, especially Goodra

There are a couple other things that could see nerfs in the near future, but unless something urgent comes up, that'll likely be before the playoffs at the earliest.

So, if you didn't read the spoiler tag, here's the TL;DR
- :gourgeist: Deafening Shriek will be nerfed to 100 BP and Gourgeist will lose Moonblast and gain Disarming Voice
- :empoleon: Empoleon will lose Unimpressed and gain Competitive
- :cresselia: Cresselia will become Psychic/Fairy
- :hoopa-unbound: Alomomola, Hoopa, Keldeo, Florges, and Jirachi will lose Life Dew

I'll get these changes coded ASAP so you guys will be able to prep with these changes, if you have any concerns then just let myself for council know.

See you tomorrow for the Week 3 Recap!

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, I know I haven't been a big presence on the forums, or anywhere for that matter, but I've been playing quite a bit of Joltemons in the past few months and wanted to quickly share my general opinions on the tier, especially after playing it for PMPL.

Bottom line is that this is one of my favorite Pet Mods without a doubt. It feels very fun to build for it, and I think there are multiple viable strategies that you can build, which is very refreshing for me. I'm a huge fan of the changes that have been made, as a few Pokemon that I really enjoy have been buffed, and especially after the recent nerfs, nothing jumps out to me as being super broken.

Another thing I really enjoy about the tier is how easy it is to begin playing. I come from the OMM community, where so many of the formats we play are quite complicated and have a hard time enticing newer players, but Joltemons is both very different and very similar to "vanilla" Nat Dex, which played a huge factor in me starting to play it.

Anyways that's all I really wanted to say, thanks for reading IG.
--- Duck (better than clastia)

Week 3 Recap right on time! Today's Monday, right?

Also reminder, all these games were played before the nerfs from the survey went through, so you'll see Unimpressed Empoleon, pure Fairy Cress, and 130 BP Shriek. Those changes are now live, however.

vs

Link

:Tyranitar: / :Excadrill: / :Cresselia: / :Charizard: / :Empoleon: / :Serperior: vs :Orbeetle: / :Beedrill-Mega: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Hydreigon: / :Starmie: / :Samurott:

Starting off with the shortest game this week, we have the Union's dex versus the debuting DuckeryDoodle of the Probopass. dex has been on a roll after beating Jolte veteran Beaf Cultist in a beautifully played game and looking at his team, he's looking prime to keep that train going with a classic TTar + MegaZard Y team featuring a beefy core of the unkillable Empoleon and Cresselia. Meanwhile, Duckery's team may look super weird to the uninitiated and I wouldn't call it an amazing team, but it's legitimately terrifying if you don't play your cards right. This is a Gravity Webs team featuring Starmie and Orbeetle to set Gravity, which will force all Pokemon to eat the Speed drop from Webs, increase the accuracy of moves (particularly Starmie's), and make Beedrill nearly impossible to switch into. So while it's not a standard team, if you mess around for a couple turns you might find yourself being put to sleep by Orbeetle's 100% accurate Hypnosis and having a Shell Smashed Samurott staring right at you.

The battle starts and Duckery immediately leads with Orbeetle to get Webs up as dex leads with Empoleon and Knocks Off its Iron Ball. If you don't know, Iron Ball is the weather rock for Gravity, giving Duckery's Webs 7 turns (after this one) to lower the Speed on anything on the field, which threatens Charizard, though it does benefit his Serperior in the back. The next turn, Orbeetle U-Turns out into Hydreigon as Empo quickly Defogs the Webs away. This tells me that Duckery's Orbeetle might not be running Hypnosis, or they simply didn't want to put Empo to sleep when they could put something like Serp or Excadrill to sleep later. Either, this is super nice for dex as he doesn't have to deal with sleep and got rid of the Webs quickly as a bonus.

Duckery's Hydreigon is revealed to be a Nasty Plot set as Empo Flip Turns out into Cresselia. Hydreigon does sometimes run Trash Talk to hit Fairies, but unfortunately for Duckery, they're running Fire Blast for Steels, which still does a ton of damage to Cress, but Hydrei goes down to a Moonblast after. On the bright side (I think?), Cresselia would've lived a Trash Talk anyway, as Trash Talk does 99.5% max if dex was running max HP with 0 SpD. Also in calcing this, I found that Duckery apparently got the absolute minimum roll from Fire Blast, as the range was 54.5-64.1%. Cress is very fat, as we see the next turn as Landorus comes out to revenge kill Cress with an EQ in Gravity, but it barely misses out, allowing Cress to Moonlight back up to 56%. Duckery does catch a break the next turn though, as dex appears to forget that Gravity was still up, or predicted that Duckery would go for Stealth Rock or Toxic since Cress was out of kill range, and Zard instantly goes down to an EQ. Serperior is able to come in to KO Lando a couple turns later after losing most of its HP.

Duckery sends out Beedrill to revenge kill Serp, but dex switches in to Empoleon, whose Unimpressed nullifies Adaptability and would cause it to only ~40% from a Mud Spike depending on dex's spread/item (very glad we nerfed this mon). Duckery reveals that they went for Fell Stinger on Serperior, which is absolutely terrifying and, unless Empo lived a +3 Mud Spike and OHKO'd with Flip Turn, would've led to dex losing an additional mon at minimum, so that was a super important switch for dex in hindsight.

However, dex isn't quite in the clear yet as Beedrill U-Turns on Empo, bringing in Samurott, who can easily Shell Smash on it. With Cress weakened, Samurott can OHKO dex's entire team at +2 with just Hydro Pump and Focus Blast. Luckily for dex, he Flip Turned on this turn, bringing in Serperior to force our Samurott and bring in Orbeetle. Orbeetle just barely manages to tank a Leaf Storm into a +2 HP Fire and opts to nearly KO Serp with U-Turn. Keep this turn in mind for later.

Beedrill comes out to try to KO Serp with U-Turn, but dex goes into Empo instead. This allows Samurott to come in and nab that Shell Smash it needs to run through dex's team. dex Flip Turns Empo out into Tyranitar to set Sand and sack it, then bringing in Excadrill. In Sand, Excadrill is the only thing stopping Duckery from winning right now as Excadrill barely outspeed Samurott, even if Drill had a neutral nature and Samurott had a positive nature. Drill goes for the game saving EQ, but it doesn't quite KO Samurott, who Focus Blasts it into oblivion. However, the EQ did just enough for Sand to bring Samurott down, putting dex back in the game.

This is why I wanted to mention the turn that Orbeetle U-Turned out on Serperior. It might look like the best play there was for Duckery to get up Webs on Serp and then presumably sack Orbeetle the next turn to another Leaf Storm or HP Fire. This would likely bring out Beedrill, who would scare out Serp, bring out Empo, who would then be Shell Smashed on by Samurott. However, the problem lies in that Serp's Contrary would've allowed it to revenge kill Samurott by getting a Speed boost from the Webs. Now, if dex sacked Serperior to Beedrill, then Duckery would've won in this situation, but since Bee had Fell Stinger and dex would definitely not want any part of that, he'd likely always switch to Empoleon there. I just thought that this situation was really interesting, as I almost forgot that Serp could save dex in the case that Webs came back up.

From here, the soon-to-be-nerfed Cresselia and Empoleon are able to wall out Beedrill and Starmie to nab dex his third straight victory. This was another great victory for dex as he keeps his undefeated record alive, just barely avoiding getting swept by a set up monster through a smart play for the second week in the row. As for Duckery, this was a really good showing, as they were literally inches away from winning this one with Samurott and they brought a really cool team, which gets them some extra points. Only thing I could suggest in hindsight was to potentially save Samruott for later and send out Starmie on that Empoleon switch-in, but since it looked like Duckery wasn't running Thunder on Starmie, I think they did the best thing they could do in that situation.

vs

No link cuz it actually got overwritten LMAO, but I have it downloaded on my computer so it's saved, you just gotta trust me on what happened until we get the permanent link

:Gourgeist: / :Tapu Fini: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Tapu Koko: / :Lopunny-Mega: / :Heatran: vs :Umbreon: / :Articuno-Galar: / :Gliscor: / :Chansey: / :Scizor-Mega: / :Clefable:

Next up is the longest game of this week between the Boomer's Xrn and the Comrades' scorbunnys, who are both coming off wins last week. Right off the bat, it's very easy to see why this game lasted over 170 turns, as scor brought a very unique stall team featuring Mega Scizor, Chansey over Blissey, Articuno-G as the Magic Bouncer, and Umbreon. Umbreon in particular is interesting here, as its Power of Alchemy gives it the effects of Corrosion (and Merciless, but that's less important), which makes Toxic Thread an absolute pain to switch into, which is huge for a stall team. Meanwhile, Xrn brought a very standard balance team, with just about everything you need for your standard team, with a Gourg, 2 other amazing offensive mons, and a sturdy defensive core. Considering how balanced Xrn's team is, they certainly have a a good chance against stall, especially since they have a Tapu Fini (and a Heatran for that matter), but you're never truly safe from losing to Stall on team preview, so we'll have to see how Xrn plays this.

Since this battle last 172 turns and I still don't understand Stall well enough to comment on it (and probably also because it's 12:19 AM at the time I'm writing this), I can't go through this turn-by-turn, but I can highlight a few key events.

The first big event happens very early on Turn 5, where Gourgeist is able to cripple the one true counter that scor had to it in Chansey by Tricking it a Choice Specs and making it waste a 3 Soft-Boiled PP. This is huge for Xrn, as, if since they're running Moonblast, Gourgeist can deal serious damage to anything on scor's team every time it comes in. However, Xrn lets Gourgeist go down to Mega Scizor's Knock Off into Bullet Punch on Turn 14, eliminating what might've been Xrn's best Pokemon, which is amazing for scor. However, Lopunny is able to revenge kill Scizor, putting them at a 5-5 matchup less than 20 turns in.

On Turn 32, scor's Articuno is able to Toxic Xrn's Tapu Fini after it Defogged away Rocks and its own terrain, putting Xrn's next best mon on a timer, though scor does lose Articuno in the process, losing 2 mons quite fast for a stall team.

On Turn 46, scor's Chansey faints, though this isn't a huge loss since it was crippled. This puts scor at a 3-5 disadvantage.

On Turns 59 and 60, two big Toxics land as Xrn's Landorus Toxics scor's Umbreon, putting that beast on a timer, but scor's able to respond by Toxic Threading the incoming Tapu Koko with Umbreon, so while scor's at a 3-5 disadvantage, the fact that 2 of the 5 are on a timer without reliable recovery makes that gap feel a lot smaller. This gap closes even further as Umbreon is able to Toxic Thread Heatran on turn 67, putting Xrn's last big threat on a very fast ticking timer, before it goes down to a Magma Storm the next turn. This is huge for scor, as Clefable and Gliscor alone are sturdy enough to Toxic stall Fini, Koko, and Heatran with a lot of smart switching and healing.

So, while this looks bad for scor, being down 2-5 on turn 69, I did say this battle lasted 172 turns. That's because the sheer bulk and healing power of Clefable and Gliscor allows scor to very, VERY nearly 1v1 Xrn's entire team. I can't describe this war of attrition in detail since it lasted so long, but long story short, through a lot of switching, Roost, Earthquaking, Calm Minding, PP Stalling, Taunting, and Toxic stalling, scor was able to get it all the way down to a 1v1 between Clefable at 34% and 4 Soft-Boiled PP and Landorus. Landorus was just barely able to KO Clef at this range with an EQ, giving Xrn a very close victory. If my calcs are to be believed, Lando had a 18.7% to not kill Clefable here (not counting the chance of a crit), which would've let scor Soft-Boiled up and win the 1v1.

For the second week in the row, scorbunnys' battle was decided by inches. This time he got the short end of the stick, but this just goes to show how much of a threat scorbunnys is, as a 2-5 deficit using stall that early into the game really looked like Xrn would have the game easily, but scor was still able to almost bring it back.

As for Xrn, this was another very good win for him, last week winning with stall and now beating stall this week. The Boomers are doing a very good job at making me eat my words for ranking them last in my JolteMons PR, so huge props to them.

vs

Link

:Hoopa-Unbound: / :Dragapult: / :Cresselia: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Empoleon: / :Venusaur-Mega: vs :Goodra: / :Slowbro: / :Gourgeist: / :Heatran: / :Gliscor: / :Buzzwole:

Last, but certainly not least, was, in my opinion, the biggest game this week. earl, the #1 JolteMons Player going into the tournament, finally stepping into the JolteMons ring after 2 weeks of FEUU facing off with Beaf Cultist, a veteran coming off of 2 very good weeks of play. This had all the pieces to be the best game of JolteMons in the tournament, as theoretically this could produce the highest level of JolteMons play we've ever seen as of now. So, did it live up to the hype?

Spoiler alert, not really, but it was fine.

So, as you can see from team preview, both players brought exceptionally fat teams, with earl having a disgusting defensive core of Cress, Goltres, Empoleon, AND Mega Venusaur, plus Hoopa being able to tank a special hit in a pinch. Meanwhile, Beaf's team is similarly, but still features Goodra, Slowbro, Heatran, Gliscor, and Buzzwole, who are all gonna need more than a couple hits to bring down. Even Gourgeist has good natural physical bulk, though it can't really take any of the potential physical moves that earl could be running. Matchup-wise and without revealing any sets yet, since they were very unique, I would maybe give the advantage to earl as his defensive core looks nigh-unbreakable as long as he keeps Goltres and Cress away from potential Magma Storms into Toxics. That being said, unless the Hoopa was special, earl doesn't have a great way of taking down Gliscor and you always have to be careful around pre-nerf Gourgeist, so Beaf's definitely in this.

The battle starts fast, with earl immediately launching a Draco Meteor from his lead Dragapult into Beaf's incoming Heatran, who's able to Magma Storm and force a Toxic on earl's Goltres the next turn. This does put earl in a pretty dicey position early, as Gourgeist becomes much harder to deal with when Goltres is taking Toxic damage, but each of his 3 other defensive mons can easily take on Scarf sets and probably even Specs sets, so earl should really only be scared of Nasty Plot at this point.

After a couple turns of trading Rocks and positioning, earl is able to get an early lead by Shadow Balling Beaf's Slowbro out of this world with Dragapult. Something I'm only realizing now is that Beaf's team doesn't really have a Shadow Ball switch-in other than a Heatran at full HP, so Beaf will have to be careful around it going forward. This brings out Beaf's Gourgeist, in a way that seems to imply that it's Scarfed. earl recognizes this and goes to Goltres to take a Shriek, but it ends up taking 44% from a Moonblast and getting its Special Attack dropped. That SpA drop meant that Beaf could've stayed in to KO Goltres with another Moonblast + Toxic damage and have a low HP Gourgeist still, but Beaf opts to play it safe and switch into Goodra to tank a soft Fiery Wrath.

In the first showcase of a unique set, Beaf reveals that his Goodra is running Curse Goodra. This could be terrifying, as a set of Curse/Life Dew/EQ/Acidic Fists could run through the rest of earl's team right now, as a Goodra with defensive boosts is essentially unkillable. Beaf does reveal that he's running EQ, dealing an absolutely massive chunk to Empoleon at +2, causing it to Flip Turn out into Cresselia. Beaf then reveals that he's running Thunder Punch, which is an interesting choice, and then reveals the next turn that he's running Life Dew as the last move. EQ and TPunch does provide pretty decent coverage, but in this specific instance, this is a huge lifesaver for earl, as Venusaur can more or less wall it even after it gets a few boosts, and Dragapult can come in on a TPunch in an emergency. Speaking of Venusaur, earl sends it in after Goodra's able to KO Empoleon with a Thunder Punch.

Beaf switches Goodra out for Heatran, fearing a Rash Powder, but earl reveals that he's running Leech Seed instead. This is both good and bad for Beaf, good because Goodra can use Venu as setup bait, but bad because Venu gets to annoy the rest of his team more. After a few turns of Mega Venu and Gliscor chipping each other, though not before Goltres loses its boots to a Gliscor Knock Off, Beaf sends in Goodra to potentially set up on Venu after seeing that he isn't running Rash Powder, eating a Leech Seed in the process. earl sends out Hoopa-U in response, which takes a big chunk from Goodra immediately going for EQ. Then, to everyone's shock and disdain, Hoopa heals off the EQ damage with Life Dew, which many of us definitely forgot it learned (me included) as Buzzwole comes in.

After a few turns of Buzzwole Ice Punching Mega Venusaur, Goodra eventually comes back out to set up, but unfortunately for Beaf, earl sends in Cresselia and reveals that he's the Trick Scarf set, stopping Goodra's potential sweep before it could start. Beaf sends out Gourgeist afterwards, who's able to KO Cress with a Deafening Shriek. This brings in Hoopa, who can certainly take a Shriek and KO it back with a Hyperspace Fury, but Beaf switches into Buzzwole. earl makes a nice prediction and goes for a Gunk Shot, which deals decent damage to Buzzwole, but unfortunately it misses. This ends up mattering a lot very soon.

And when I mean very soon, I mean right now, as Beaf gets Gourgeist in on a forced Synthesis from Mega Venu after it tanked a couple hits from Buzzwole. The following Shriek only deals 63%, allowing Mega Venu to KO Gourgeist with a Sludge Bomb in return, but Buzzwole is able to easily revenge kill it from 26% with an Ice Punch. earl could've used Synthesis after getting hit by the Shriek, which would've forced Gourg out and would've had earl's Venu healthy enough to take on Goodra and more-or-less Buzzwole, but to be fair, allowing Gourg to survive more turns when Goltres could no longer switch into a Moonblast thanks to losing its Boots would've been dangerous, so just taking the KO was probably the best answer here. Dragapult is able to revenge kill Buzzwole with a Draco Meteor on the next turn, then Goodra KOes Goltres with Thunder Punch + Toxic damage on the turn after that.

In response, earl sends out Hoopa-Unbound. Beaf stays in and goes for a Thunder Punch, which lands a horribly timed critical hit as earl tried to Curse up with Hoopa-U, but gets KOed by the following Thunder Punch. This seals earl's fate as Dragapult is unable to Shadow Ball its way through a healthy Heatran, giving Beaf a huge win and earl a very unfortunate loss.

Both players played very well, but you do have to feel for earl as, in a game that was devoid of hax, the only 2 instances of hax essentially lost him the game. The only thing that earl could've maybe done to avoid that was sending out Dragapult when Goltres died to either KO Goodra with Draco or U-Turn on a switch to Heatran, where Hoopa could then deal a ton of damage to it with Hyperspace Fury, though this may have invited Gliscor in, who would've still put earl in a losing position. Overall, a very sour end to a pretty good game all other things considered. Huge props go to Beaf for staying in the battle to the point where a crit put him in position to win, that's not easy to do against someone like earl.

At that Week 3! This week followed the pattern of last week, featuring a lot more fat than the offense-heavy Week 1. With nerfs to Cresselia and Empoleon, I have to wonder if Week 4 will see more offensive teams crop up again or if this pattern of Bulky Offense and Stall will continue.

That's all for now, see you later!

Week 4 Recap! Yeah!

This is the first week after the recent emergency balance patch we did, so let's see how that affected the games this week?

vs

Link

:Zeraora: / :Blacephalon: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Scizor-Mega: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Wishiwashi-School: vs :Turtonator: / :Snorlax: / :Espeon: / :Terrakion: / :Dragapult: / :Tapu Koko:

First up we have Xrn of the Boomers taking on the debuting megaspoopy000 (who I'll refer to by "Voden" for the rest of the analysis because I'm lazy and that's shorter) of the Probopass. True to Xrn's form so far, they've brought a generally good balance team featuring 6 very good Pokemon. Meanwhile, Voden's team is quite unique, being a screens team with some off the wall picks in Turtonator, the formerly VR'd Snorlax, and Espeon. I would definitely say that Xrn has the better team here, but never count out screens, especially in JolteMons. Between Lax's huge recovery with Honey and the buffed Curse, Turtonator Optimistic letting it spam Overheats and Dracos after a drwabackless Shell Smash, and Dragapult still being an amazing mon if Goltres gets weakened, Voden should be more than capable to get a win here if Xrn isn't extra careful.

Xrn leads with Zeraora while Voden leads with Dragapult. Voden's choice of lead here could've been bluffing Screens on Dragapult instead of Koko, perhaps hoping that Zera would stay in to Knock and take a ton of damage from Draco (though it wouldn't kill without Specs), but Xrn just immediately Volt Switches into Goltres to tank a Draco somewhat comfortably. Voden brings in Koko, who eats a Toxic from Goltres, but is able to get up a Light Screen and a Reflect while Landorus comes out.

To my surprise, Voden brings out Turtonator through a Koko U-Turn on Xrn's Landorus, eating a big Earthquake that luckily doesn't 2HKO. Still, I would wager that Dragapult would been a better choice here, as Turtonator could certainly win the game at any moment if it gets in on Zera, since it would easily be able to nab two Shell Smashes and sweep. With Turt taking that chunk of damage from EQ, it will only be able to get up 1 Shell Smash and KO Lando, but it wouldn't be able to OHKO Goltres with Overheat or Draco and would go down to a Fiery Wrath. Still, KOing Lando is at least good for Snorlax, since it wouldn't have to worry about Toxic, but this unfortunately doesn't work out for Voden as Lando crits its second EQ, allowing it to KO Turt at 55%.

Dragapult comes in to try to revenge kill Lando, but a Draco only does 78% as Lando U-Turns out into Mega Scizor. Tapu Koko comes out as Scizor Swords Dance. While I was watching this game live, I actually thought this would be the end of the battle, as Voden didn't have anything that could take repeated Bullet Punches after Turtonator went down and Scizor could get 2 Swords Dances on Koko. However, Xrn goes for Bullet Punch on Koko immediately, possibly fearing Taunt, as Koko U-Turns into Espeon. Espeon misses a Focus Blast, which surely would've done a decent chunk of damage, as Scizor KOes it with U-Turn, which does stop Scizor's sweep attempt. This also reveals that Dragapult probably isn't running a Fire move or Voden was simply saving it for later.

After a little pivoting, we get back in a very similar situation where Koko comes out as Mega Scizor Swords Dance, but this time Voden doesn't have a Reflect up. This looks like the end for Voden as Mega Scizor cleaves through Koko, Dragapult, and Terrakion. However, victory wasn't quite assured for Xrn as Snorlax takes less than half from a Bullet Punch and gets off a Curse. Rather than trying to win a setup race against it, Xrn chooses to U-Turn Scizor out to bring in Blacephalon as the Snorlax Curses again at about half HP. Blacephalon Tricks Snorlax a Choice Specs, which stops its healing and setup shenanigans, but Blacephalon gets obliterated by a Payback right after. Then, Xrn chips down Snorlax as a Payback destroys Zeraora and nearly takes out Goltres, but Goltres is ultimately able to bring down the beast with two Fiery Wraths to win the game for Xrn.

Another great win for Xrn as they cruised to their third straight win. Again, the Boomers have really made me eat my words from my JolteMons PR. For Voden, they put up a good fight, just made a couple misplays that ended up costing them the game, not helped by some of the hax they experienced, like Turt getting crit. I wouldn't beat myself too much over this loss though, having the audacity to pull up to a tournament with a Turtonator on your team is a win my book.

vs

Link

:Ribombee: / :Serperior: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Manaphy: / :Mimikyu: / :Gallade: vs :Landorus-Therian: / :Venusaur: / :Tapu Fini: / :Torkoal: / :Blacephalon: / :Kommo-o:

Next up we have the returning swag god of the Manicunos going up against the undefeated Union member dex. In a scene that looks straight out of Week 1, we have two very offensive playstyles here with swag god's Webs going up against dex's Sun team. Matchup wise, I think swag god gets the nod here as, while Venusaur runs through everything if Goltres gets weakened, Double Dance Goltres and Mimikyu are both absolutely terrifying forces that can each easily win this game by themselves. And the only things stopping them, being Fini in Sun and Landorus/Torkoal respectively, can be abused by Manaphy (assuming it's running Energy Ball), so dex has to be careful to not let those get out of hand.

Both players lead off with their playstyle enablers, Ribombee and Torkoal, as swag god gets up Webs and dex brings Ribombee down to its Sash with a Lava Plume. swag god then brings into Manaphy as Torkoal immediately spins the Webs away, making them a non-issue for now. dex brings out Landorus on Manaphy, which seems a bit risky but he likely didn't want Venusaur to get hit by a surprise Ice Beam or something, as Manaphy interestingly goes for Skill Swap, taking Lando's Intimidate. This is a super cool tech, as if Venusaur switched in, that could've been terrible for dex, as Manaphy could've Tail Glowed up and got at least 1 kill. Unfortunately for swag god, the tech came through on Landorus instead, so dex will likely be more weary of that in the future. I assume that swag god either wasn't running Ice Beam or predicted that the Lando was Scarfed or going for Stealth Rock, as they sack Ribombee to a U-Turn. This gives swag god momentum, but it does come at the cost of their Webs. At the very least, Mimikyu doesn't exactly need Webs this game and neither do the rest of their team if Sun's gone.

Lando's U-Turn brings in Blacephalon, who gets scared out by the threat of a Mimikyu Shadow Sneak, going into Lando. Predicting this, swag god doubles out to Serperior. dex reveals that his Lando is in fact Scarfed as Serperior takes a chunk from a U-Turn, which brings in Torkoal to eat a Glare. Serperior then sets up a Light Screen before going down to a Lava Plume. I would say that Screens Serperior is a quite unique set, but if you remember Week 1, swag god also ran a Screens Serperior on that Webs team, so I actually should've expected this.

Mega Gallade comes out after Serperior goes down, Swords Dancing directly in Torkoal's face as it avoids getting burned by a weak Lava Plume. dex brings in Lando to Intimidate it as it takes 80% from a +1 Zen Headbutt. dex decides to get rid of the problem in style by Exploding on it, taking out both Lando and Gallade. I usually see Knock Off on Scarf Lando, so it's actually very lucky for dex that he was running Explosion here, as EQ would've only done 78.3% max (Gallade was at 81%), assuming he was Jolly. Had dex not been running Explosion, he would've had to either sack Torkoal to get Sun up for Venusaur, risk Fini to a flinch and get it massively weakened. As you'll see later, having to do either of these would've lost dex the game.

dex sends in Tapu Fini as swag god sends in Goltres. Goltres immediately Agilities up, safe behind its Light Screen, as Fini Taunts it to stop a potential sweep. Fini takes a chunk from a Hurricane the following turn as Fini Defogs away the Light Screen. Goltres then proceeds to have a very poorly timed missed Hurricane as it takes a Moonblast to the face. This does at least activate its Weakness Policy and Berserk, but it's only at +2 since the Moonblast also got an unlucky SpA drop. Goltres then proceeds to miss two more Hurricanes, first on Torkoal and then on Kommo-o, before going down to the latter Thunder Punch. To be fair, Hurricane's 50% Accuracy in Sun meant that this wasn't that unlikely to happen, but it still hurts a lot, as KOing Torkoal there would've be absolutely game-changing.

Manaphy comes in to revenge kill Kommo-o, but it's actually slower than it, getting into KO range of a Thunder Punch as a Psychic barely doesn't take out the lizard. swag god hard switches Manaphy out for Mimikyu, which, thanks to its signature item, actually hard walls this Kommo-o set (assuming BDrum/Sub/Drain Punch/TPunch) because its item gives it an Electric immunity that I always forget about. It gets off a little chip damage on the incoming Tapu Fini with a Shadow Sneak, though I might argue that it might've been better to go for the Swords Dance there as Kommo-o couldn't hit you, meaning that you could get at least two Swords Dances off before its Disguise breaks. swag god brings in Manaphy, presumably to sack it, as it takes a bit from Fini's Moonblast. However, dex gets to sack a mon first, letting Kommo-o go down to a Psychic, allowing Blacephalon to come in an KO with Shadow Ball.

It's now Mimikyu against the world, as it goes for a Swords Dance as Blacephalon breaks its Disguise with, interestingly enough, Flame Charge, This Speed boost doesn't stop Blacephalon from going down to a Shadow Sneak the next turn, however. The paralyzed Torkoal comes in, being the only thing stopping Mimikyu from winning right now.

swag god has a chance to win here, but it's far from guaranteed. In order to win, one of the following must happen without Mimikyu getting burned by a Lava Plume:
- Immediately Shadow Punch and pray that Mimikyu gets the rolls it need to 2HKO Torkoal. This happens 16% of the time (without crits). Venusaur can't revenge kill Mimkyu unless it's running Solar Beam or gets a poison with Sludge Bomb (or a crit).
- Swords Dance twice and hope that Torkoal gets paralyzed one or two times depending on the roll. +6 Shadow Punch OHKOs 25% of the time and allows Shadow Sneak to OHKO Venusaur without having to chance a Sludge Bomb poison or Solar Beam.

swag god picks the last option to go for, getting up to +6. However, unfortunately for swag god, Torkoal avoids the paralysis twice, 2HKOing Mimikyu with Lava Plume and giving the game to dex. A very, very close game, where if just one thing went differently, swag god could've taken. It was another unfortunate outing for the a team that's used to unfortunate outings at this point. At the end of the day, swag god did the best he could and got inches away from defeating the only undefeated Jolte player in the tour, so they has nothing to be ashamed of here. Meanwhile, I have to extend a huge congratulations to dex for going 4-0, it's been an insane run for him throughout this tournament and I'm excited to see if it continues in Week 5 against a formidable opponent in Xrn.

vs

Link

:Wormadam-Sandy: / :Toxapex: / :Regigigas: / :Sableye-Mega: / :Aegislash: / :Clefable: vs :Tapu Koko: / :Weavile: / :Slowbro: / :Tornadus-Therian: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Heatran:

Lastly, we have the Gourgeists' Beaf Cultist versus the Comrades' scorbunnys. This was an extremely high stakes matchup. The series was 3-3, the Gourgs' quest for a perfect season was on the line, while the Comrades could clinch a playoff spot with a win and make a play at the top seed in Week 5. It all came down to this.

Oh, oops beaf brought stall, uh oh.

So, like the last two weeks, this will be a very abridged version of what went down in the battle, in fact even more so than the last two weeks because there's only one big talking point here, but yeah it was stall, you know what stall does. Beaf was, however, running a very unique stall team, featuring the extremely fat Wormadam-Sandy, the extremely fat Regigigas, and Aegislash, who, luckily for scor, can't run Curse. However, scor does have 2 Regenerator mons and a Heatran, so this isn't a terrible matchup for them.

There are a few interesting things to note here, like Weavile dying due to missing a Triple Axel on Wormadam that would've killed it, or Heatran running Heavy Slam which would actually body Clefable if it had the chance to hit it, but there was one key element to this game that decided the whole thing: Regigigas. This Pokemon here was the undeniable MVP of this battle. Thanks to its signature item giving it Thick Fat and access to semi-reliable recovery in Reconstruct, plus Toxic, Regigigas borderline 1v1'd scor's entire team, especially after Weavile went down. Without Weavile or Toxic on Lando or Heatran, scor didn't really have a good way to pressure Regigigas, which allowed it to sit there and rack up Toxic damage on Koko and Torn until they went down, while not fearing Heatran because of its Thick Fat, which eventually gave Beaf the victory after a grueling 116 Turns. While scor possibly could've won through hard committing to PP stalling with Regen Pivoting, which could've worked as long as Torn KO'd Aegislash with Heat Wave, Regigigas was just really tough to deal with, partially because of the mon itself, and partially because of the team it was on, since scor also had to contend with 5 other bulky monsters. Overall, a tough matchup for scor, but he gave it his all in spite of it, and another feather in the cap of Beaf, who's really shown out this tournament.

Overall, a pretty standard week of JolteMons here, some bulk, some balance, and a bit of hyper offense. Interestingly, Empoleon, Gourgeist, and Cresselia had no uses after their nerfs.

Week 5 is the final week of the regular season, so with everything on the line, how will this week's JolteMons battles shape up? Find out in a about a week's time with the next weekly analysis!

See you then!

The final week of regular season is here! With playoff positioning on the line, how did this last set of 3 JolteMons regular season games shape up?

vs

Link

:Alcremie-Rainbow-Swirl: / :Gliscor: / :Dragapult: / :Ferrothorn: / :Weavile: / :Slowbro-Mega: vs :Phione: / :Tangela: / :Gallade-Mega: / :Gliscor: / :Scizor: / :Heatran:

First up, we have the debuting EeveeGirl1380 of the Comrades up against the Manicunos' swag god. The comrades' usual JolteMons-er of scorbunnys took the week off, but Eevee should still be more than an admirable replacement since she's been grinding and teambuilding with scor for the entire tournament, and it shows in their team, being a generally good bulky balance team. The choice of Alcremie over Clefable or Sylveon is interesting, and I would argue that Clef or Sylveon would be better here, Alcremie is at least not completely terrible and serves as a good Knock Off sponge for Slowbro, which wasn't revealed to be Mega until the final few turns. Meanwhile swag god also brought a very bulky team with some niche picks. Phione, for those who don't know, not only received Life Dew and Flip Turn (though I prefer to run U-Turn), but it has also has a signature item that's just like Eviolite but it can't be knocked off. So, while pretty much any OU bulky Water is a better choice thanks to the additional utility they provide, Phione is still an okay bulky defensive pivot. Because of its Water-typing and unknockable Eviolite, Phione is hilariously probably the hardest Weavile counter in the game, which comes into play in this game. Tangela is also another out there pick, though one I don't see the merit of. Neither Tangela or Tangrowth received any relevant buffs (outside of Focus Blast for Tangrowth, but that's more relevant in UU), so I'm not sure why swag god ran Tangela over Tangrowth here, but I'm sure they had their reason. My best guess is that they figured it was worth getting the extra bulk on Tangela because Phione is one of the best Knock absorbers in the game and they didn't need any of the moves that Tangrowth learns, like EQ or Focus Blast.

Matchup-wise, it's quite clear why this was the longest game this week by far, as both teams are exceedingly bulky and only feature 1-2 breakers/sweepers each. Even without the extra power of its Mega Evolution, Swords Dance Scizor could be a real pain for Eevee, as nothing of her team resists both Bullet Punch and U-Turn, but luckily for Eevee, the Scizor was running Toxic over SD. Similarly, Mega Gallade can also deal serious damage to Eevee's team after a Swords Dance, with only Mega Slowbro standing in its way and only if it's not running Knock Off. As for swag god, Dragapult will be tough to switch into over and over again since nothing on his team is particularly specially bulky, plus Weavile can be a pain if Phione goes down.

The battle starts with Weavile and Phione as the leads, with Phione immediately proving why it's the best Weavile counter in the game, taking a measly 27% from a Knock Off and Knocking Off Weavile's Soul Blade in the process.

Some positioning leads to Gliscor forcing Heatran out, bringing in Phione. Eevee reveals that her Gliscor is a Swords Dance set, which is actually extremely scary for swag god, since it can singlehandedly muscle through swag god whole team thanks to its status immunity and Phione's Scald likely not 2HKOing. However, Eevee decides to save the sweep attempt for later, bringing in Ferrothorn as swag god doubles to Tangela. Fearing Knock Off, or potentially predicting Spikes, swag god switches Tangela out for Gliscor, but that Knock Off does end up coming out, robbing Gliscor of its passive recovery for the rest of the battle. While Gliscor did have a pretty bad matchup against Eevee's team, this is still a huge blow, making it less able to switch into Dragapult or Eevee's Gliscor.

After a few turns and swag god revealing that his Gliscor is the Defog set, swag god brings out his Mega Gallade on Eevee's Gliscor. Eevee immediately switches her Slowbro in as swag god and, without Mega Evolving to potentially bluff Mega Scizor, goes for Triple Axel. Switching to Bro here is always the right play, but I personally rarely ever Gallade run Triple Axel (though it's a much more valid option now that Gallade lost Lightning Lance), so if I was playing, I wouldn't be surprised it I stayed in an tried to sneak in some EQ chip. It's very good that Eevee switched as, as you'll later see, Gliscor becomes extremely valuable to Eevee.

During a sequence of Eevee pivoting between Ferrothorn and Gliscor and swag god pivoting between Phione, Gliscor, Heatran, and Tangela, Ferrothorn is able to make a good amount of progress, getting up a layer of Spikes while forcing out Gliscor, weakening Phione, catching Tangela with a crippling Knock Off, and later severely weakening Gallade with a Power Whip. This is super scary for swag god, as Scizor is now the only thing that can come in on Weavile if Eevee gets a chance to bring it out before Phione heals. However, Phione gets that exact chance, coming in on the Slowbro that Eevee brought out to stop Gallade and taking 0% from Scald thanks to Hydration, allowing it to heal up for free.

On Turn 45, swag god appears to be a very disadvantageous position, with most of their team weakened, but this turn marks the first appearance of swag god's Shell Bell Scizor, which ends up being a game changer. This is because its bulk and slow U-Turns allow swag god to constantly pivot it into Gallade on Gliscor, who threatens with Triple Axel, which forces Slowbro in. Then, Scizor can more or less freely switch to Scizor because Eevee is less likely to click Scald because of Phione, so they click the weak Psychic instead. The cycle then repeats many, many times. The constant threat of losing Gliscor to Gallade because of Scizor's easy pivoting keeps swag god in the game for a long time. Scizor makes swag god's job even easier when it's able to land a Toxic on Slowbro on Turn 59, putting even more pressure on it.

Scizor's party is almost cut short when Alcremie comes in for the first time on a Gallade Close Combat and lands a nasty Mystical Fire that does 61%, but Eevee opts to switch Alcremie out to preserve it rather than risk taking big damage from a Bullet Punch, with allows Scizor to get a big Roost off. Roosting here instead of Bullet Punching was also pretty major, as Gliscor comes in and crits an EQ on Scizor, which likely could've had a chance of KOing Scizor had it not Roosted.

Eevee's Gliscor had a small breakthrough in the mid Turn 70s, getting a Swords Dance off on swag god's Gliscor and severely weakening Phione, Tangela, and Scizor, though Regenerator and Shell Bell keep the latter two healthy. This leads to Gallade coming back out to stop the rampage.

On Turn 81, swag god's incoming Scizor survives a Slowbro Scald with just 1% of its HP and doesn't get burned. A burn, higher roll, or a crit here would've been a major loss for swag god, as Scizor's U-Turn is such an essential tool in this game. Instead, swag god keeps his Scizor, Roosting up the next turn. It's worth noting that Eevee starts consistently going for Scald whenever Gallade switches out on it, but in a stroke of bad luck, it never gets a burn on Scizor.

On Turn 90, the first Pokemon of the battle goes down as Eevee's Alcremie falls to a Triple Axel + Zen Headbutt. However, this brings in Eevee's Dragapult, who's in a great position to wreak havoc, which it quickly does by taking out both Tangela, Phione, and Gliscor after a lucky SpD drop, though it goes down Toxic damage from Heatran after narrowly not KOing Scizor.

On Turn 99, Eevee shakes up the pattern and goes into Ferrothorn on Gallade, hoping to KO it with if it goes for Triple Axel through Iron Barbs. Eevee theoretically could've done this much earlier in the battle to allow Gliscor to sweep, though I understand why they didn't since Ferrothorn was so good against swag god's Gliscor and Phione and swag god did CC on the switch once before. Unfortunately for Eevee, Gallade does CC here, surviving Iron Barbs chip with 2% of its HP.

This brings in Weavile for the first time since Turn 1, who KOes Heatran with an Ice Shard into Knock Off, before getting forced out by Scizor. It appears that swag god will be able to keep up the pivoting strategy of forcing out Gliscor with Gallade and tanking hits with Scizor. However, when Eevee switches Slowbro in this time, she Mega Evolves it, which was unknown to myself and all the other spectators at the time. In hindsight, I probably should've suspected it since Slowbro wasn't Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers, or Rocky Helmet, and it wasn't running Body Press so it likely wasn't Colbur Berry either. The timing of this Mega Evolution wins Eevee the game because of Mega Slowbro's ability: Prickly Coat. If swag god hits Slowbro with a contact move, then a layer of Spikes will come up and KO Gallade the next time it comes in. The only way swag god could potentially avoid this is to Toxic stall Slowbro by spamming Roost with Scizor, but Eevee could play around this by just switching and eventually forcing swag god to use an offensive move. Scizor getting burned and then later activating Prickly Coat with a Bullet Punch seals swag god's fate and secures the Week 5 victory for the Comrades.

While the clutch Mega Slowbro bring allowed Eevee to win the war of attrition, this was an extremely hard fought battle on both sides. swag god was certainly on the back foot for a lot of the battle, but Scizor ability to come in an reset tempo over and over again singlehandedly allowed swag god to stay in the game and, had Eevee not been Mega Slowbro, swag god possibly could've won in the end, too. Overall, a very commendable effort on swag god's part, concluding a very commendable run for them.

As for EeveeGirl, this was a great debut win, showing that the Comrades' JolteMons slot is in good hands going into the playoffs whether or not scor or Eevee play.

vs

Link

:Landorus-Therian: / :Tapu Koko: / :Garchomp-Mega: / :Volcarona: / :Articuno-Galar: / :Hawlucha: vs :Gyarados-Mega: / :Volcarona: / :Garchomp: / :Mew: / :Serperior: / :Cresselia:

Next up is one of the most hyped out matches of the tournament so far. In a battle between their teams for the coveted #2 seed in the playoffs and avoiding the undefeated Gourgeists in the semis, the two best JolteMons players in the tournament (sorry Beaf) would square off. Furthermore, with a win, dex would have a perfect 5-0 season. Would it live up to the hype?

Before we answer this question, let's look at the teams first. On both sides, it's clear that they're running Hyper Offense through and through, with dex running KokoLucha Screens and Xrn running "Suicide Lead + 5 setup mons" HO, though both Serperior and Cresselia can potentially set up screens themselves. This Cresselia is also notable for being the only use of any of the 3 majorly nerfed Pokemon from the balance patch, which makes sense as Cress was likely the least nerfed of the 3. Matchup wise, I'd likely give the nod to Xrn, as Mega Gyarados can run through dex's team with relative ease after Hawlucha goes down and Cress is more or less able to handle Lucha, but since it's HO vs HO and literally any mon on either team can win games by themselves, it could really go either way.

The game starts with Serperior for Xrn and Lando for dex. Lando is able to get Rocks up, but 2 immediate Leaf Storms take it down and put dex in an awkward position out of the gate. dex brings in Volcarona to try to scare out Serperior, doubling in Tapu Koko, who would also be able to shrug off a Glare. However, I assume Xrn was okay with sacking Serperior here as they stay in an land a Taunt. I completely forgot Serperior learned Taunt, but this is a major pain for dex as now Koko can't get any screens up and is forced to U-Turn back into Volc, who takes a big chunk from 2 +4 HP Fires. dex opts to immediately KO Serp with a Fire Blast rather than going for a Quiver Dance, which I assume was to not lose even more momentum from potentially getting Taunted. Quiver Dance here could've been huge for dex, though Gyarados does pretty much wall Volcarona if it doesn't Mega Evolve, so it pprobably would've been a waste of a turn either way. Garchomp comes in to revenge kill Volcarona with a Scale Shot.

dex brings in Hawlucha to revenge kill Garchomp, thanks to Electric Terrain still being up and activating Unburden. However, dex opts to Swords Dance first, which allows Xrn to land another Scale Shot and allow Garchomp to outspeed next turn. The first Scale Shot only landed 3 hits, but did 50% to Lucha. The next one doesn't kill after 3 hits, but Xrn gets the fourth hit they need, KOing Hawlucha's who was probably the biggest threat on dex's team. In fairness, dex would've needed Garchomp to only land 2 Scale Shot hits in order to survive subsequent Rough Skin damage.

dex brings in Articuno to revenge kill Garchomp, but this allows Xrn to come in and set up with Mega Gyarados, who OHKOs Garticuno with a +1 Crunch. dex brings in Tapu Koko to get up a Reflect to try to set up a Mega Garchomp reverse sweep as it tanks a +1 Waterfall from Gyara. Mega Gyarados DDances again the next turn as Koko's U-Turn barely fails to KO Mega Gyarados at 46% thanks to its Rain Dish recovery. This looks super dicey from dex, but with Mega Garchomp as his last mon, a Scale Shot to KO Gyarados, plus potentially 2HKOing Cresselia with Poison Jab (if he's running it and if it poisons), plus potentially living a Moonblast at ~50% HP can still net dex a narrow win. However, this small ray of hope is quickly dimmed as Xrn's Gyarados flinches dex's Mega Garchomp with its first Waterfall and then crits the second to stop Chomp before it can get started, securing the victory for Xrn.

While perhaps not the the potential game of the week that it possibly could've been due to a little bit of hax and the nature of HO, it can't be denied that both of these players had really great seasons, especially since both were outsiders to JolteMons beforehand. dex and Xrn both put up 4 win streaks and made great plays to clutch out battles. It is hilariously ironic that I ranked each of these players' teams as the bottom 2 spots on my JolteMons PMPL Power Rankings just for them to have the 2 best records. Excited to see if their success continues in the playoffs.

vs

Link

:Sceptile-Mega: / :Nidoking: / :Urshifu: / :Heatran: / :Zapdos: / :Clefable: vs :Garchomp: / :Lopunny-Mega: / :Kyurem: / :Landorus-Therian: / :Tapu Fini: / :Ferrothorn:

Last, but certainly not least, we have the final regular season JolteMons game, Beaf Cultist versus DuckeryDoodle. Both players brought pretty standard balance teams, though Beaf's has some unique quirks in Urshifu-Rapid-Strike and especially Mega Sceptile. Sceptile is a mon I personally really like for its Zeraora-outpacing 145 Speed tier and spammable STAB Leaf Storms thanks to its ability Optimistic, which prevent it from dropping its own stats. It struggles with a fair number of common things, namely Goltres and Steel-types that aren't weak to Fighting, but with some appropriate team support, this thing is a terrifying cleaner and it has a great matchup here, as nothing on Duckery's team wants to take 2 Leaf Storms, Dragon Pulses, or Focus Blasts. Nidoking can also go wild in this matchup, but that applies for, like, 90% of teams against Nidoking so that's not surprising. Speaking of Duckery's team, it wouldn't look too out of place in vanilla National Dex OU, featuring a scary double Dragon core of Garchomp and Kyurem and the always terrifying Mega Lopunny, which can be extremely dangerous as long as it avoids getting paralyzed by Zapdos' Static.

The battle starts fast with a few rounds of pivoting before Duckery's able to bring in Kyurem, who dodges a Zapdos Hurricane and paralysis from Discharging, nearly OHKOing it with Freeze-Dry, then OHKOing the incoming Urshifu with another Freeze-Dry, giving Duckery a hot start. It's worth noting that since Zapdos lived Freeze-Dry with ~19% left and since Kyurem isn't healing with Leftovers or anything, it's reasonable to assume that Duckery's Kyurem is probably Scarfed or possibly Boots or Never-Melt Ice. This is important because Beaf brings in Mega Sceptile to revenge kill Kyurem, which could've been a huge mistake if Kyurem was Scarfed. However, Duckery appears to not be Scarfed as they switch Kyurem out for Ferrothorn, who proceeds to go down to 2 Focus Blasts. Kyurem not being Scarfed or Specs is a huge break for Beaf, as now he can always revenge kill it with Sceptile and always tank Ice moves with Clefable.

Duckery brings in Lopunny, who gets a little chip on Heatran with Fake Out, then a little more chip on Clefable with U-Turn, bringing in Kyurem. Interestingly, Duckery chooses to stay in and click Freeze-Dry with Kyurem on Clef, despite it only doing 28%, until Kyurem goes down after a few turns. Kyurem could've been good later to threaten Nidoking and Heatran, but I'm guessing that Duckery wanted to keep Tapu Fini and Landorus healthy to defensively check Heatran and Lando respectively. Tapu Fini comes out afterwards to get some chip damage off with Moonblast, but then falls victim to a huge Trick, saddling it with a Sticky Barb while Clef takes its Leftovers, essentially making Fini a dead mon walking.

Landorus comes in on Clef's Soft-Boiled, getting up Rocks as Beaf switches into Zapdos. Beaf opts to Roost up instead of immediately Defogging the Rocks away, but Duckery makes a nice prediction and EQs on this turn, taking out Zapdos and keeping Lando's Rocks on the field. Nidoking comes in to revenge kill Lando with an Ice Punch while Nidoking then goes down to a Return from Lopunny.

Clefable comes in to try to revenge kill Lopunny, but Lop U-Turns out and Clefable instead takes down Tapu Fini 1v1. This brings in Garchomp, who Swords Dances up and then destroys Clef with an EQ after tanking a Moonblast. Beaf could've potentially sacked Heatran to Chomp instead so that Beaf would have a backup plan against Lopunny in the case that Sceptile misses a Focus Blast, but Duckery does mention after the battles that they considered going for Scale Shot on that turn, which would've won Duckery the game instead, so it was probably a little safer for Beaf to sack Clef there.

Mega Sceptile comes in to revenge kill Garchomp, interestingly with Leaf Storm instead of Dragon Pulse, as missing there would've lost Beaf the game, bringing in Lopunny. Beaf sacks Heatran to the combination of Fake Out and Close Combat, but that latter move actually seals Duckery's fate, as Sceptile is able to come in and KO Lopunny with a Leaf Storm that it doesn't miss to seal up a close win for Beaf. It's also worthing noting that Beaf later confirmed that his Heatran was Flame Body but didn't burn Lopunny after getting hit by it 3 times, which also would've guaranteed Beaf a win there.

This was a fun, fast-paced game where both sides made a couple misplays and a couple really really good plays, coming right down to the wire. This ends Duckery's PMPL run and, while they weren't able to win either of their two battles, they got super close to beating dex and Beaf Cultist, who were two of the best JolteMons players in the tournament, which is a super impressive feat if I say so myself. Meanwhile, this wraps up a great regular season campaign for Beaf. I had high expectations for him and he more than delivered, tying dex and Xrn's stellar 4-1 record and getting good wins on earl, Xrn, and scorbunnys. Another player I'm excited to see in the playoffs.

And that's the regular season! It's been super fun watching and analyzing the battles so far, can't wait to see what the playoffs bring us!

See you then!

Quite a bit late, but we're back with your weekly JolteMons content!

This week was the Semi-Finals of the PMPL, so we only have 2 battles to look at this week, but even with 1 less battle, there's no shortage of skill on display here, so let's see what went down

vs

Link

:Blacephalon: / :Tapu Koko: / :Beedrill-Mega: / :Gliscor: / :Toxapex: / :Ferrothorn: vs :Pelipper: / :Charizard-Mega-Y: / :Tyranitar: / :Excadrill: / :Darmanitan-Galar-Zen: / :Samurott:

First up, we have probably the more anticipated between the two JolteMons battles this week, with Beaf Cultist of the Gourgs going up against dex of The Union. These two played all the way back in Week 2, where dex handed Beaf his only loss after playing ridiculously well around Beaf's +6 Dragonite. Since then, both of these players established themselves as some of the best that Jolte had to offer, with Beaf going 3-0 since and dex finishing his season 4-1, meaning that this could really go either way on paper.

Looking at their teams, Beaf brought a very standard team featuring your typical good mons in Koko, Gliscor, and Ferrothorn, the very good but very rare Toxapex, the extremely underrated Blacephalon (it's a dumb mon fr), and a classic MegaBee, though notably without a Magnezone or Heatran to kill Corviknights. Tapu Koko is a free switch in to Corv, though, so it's not quite as needed.

Meanwhile dex brought a very.... interesting team, to say the least. It almost looks unspectacular at a glance, until you realize "Oh, this man brought all 4 weathers and a Samurott." This team is funny on two levels. First, the man brought 4 weathers and appropriately called it "The Avatar Team," which is just great. However, the funnier thing is probably the Samurott on the end there. You see, in preparation for this week Beaf Cultist had been DM'ing me a lot about how he believes that Samurott is broken because it's near impossible to comfortably handle defensively after a Shell Smash thanks it getting to spam high powered moves for free with No Guard. While I'm still not 100% convinced, Beaf did have a very good argument and it's something we'll probably look at in the future. Because of this, Beaf was extremely concerned that someone would bring Samurott this week, but I reassured him that no one would because it's an unranked mon that people see as only fitting on HO and it didn't do that well when DuckeryDoodle used it (against dex funnily enough) in Week 3. And I would've been right to assume this... if it wasn't for the fact that Beaf told anaconja about Samurott right before this battle. anaconja is dex's manager. He brought this on to himself. Luckily, Beaf prepped for Samurott by having a Toxapex, but it's still really funny nonetheless. The craziest thing about all of this is that, honestly, dex's team is unironically pretty good. It has a huge Rocks weakness, but as long as Pelipper stays healthy to Defog, that shouldn't be too much of a concern. Plus, Mega Zard Y, TTar, and GDarm create a legitimately good offensive core, while Excadrill goes wild on Beaf's team if Ferrothorn gets weakened.

Jumping into the battle, we start with Beedrill on Beaf's side and Charizard on dex's. Both mon Mega Evolve, with Beedrill understandably U-Turning out, going into Toxapex, who takes a decent chunk from a boosted Weather Ball. The follow-up Scorching Sands from Zard does a bit more to Pex, who manages to get a Toxic off, putting Zard on a timer. This forces Pex out, with Beaf bringing in Blacephalon, which is dangerous but Blacephalon actually does live Scorching Sands over 80% of the time. Instead of Scorching Sands, however, Zard goes for a Weather Ball, which still does an insane 72%.

dex brings in Tyranitar on Blacephalon, which essentially spells doom for Blacephalon right there. However, Beaf reveals that he's a physical Blacephalon set with Pyro Ball, dealing a whopping 81% with two Pyro Balls (showing that he's probably Banded) and getting a super lucky burn on TTar. TTar is still able to KO Blacephalon with a Pursuit, but, after taking so much damage, it easily goes down to Beaf's Tapu Koko's U-Turn the next turn.

Beaf sends out Toxapex to replace Koko while dex sends in Excadrill, who still has 2 turns of sand to work with. Beaf surprisingly stays in with Pex on Excadrill, probably predicting dex to predict him to switch out. This pays off as Beaf gets a free recovery off as dex goes for Swords Dance. Beaf then switches into Gliscor, predicting dex to this time hit what's in front of him, but dex gets him by predicting a switch again, nailing Gliscor with a +2 Iron Head and 2HKOing it.

Beaf sounds out Mega Beedrill to revenge kill Drill, who switches out for Pelipper. Beaf predicts this and clicks Knock Off, getting rid of Pelipper's Boots, which could prove to be a huge issue for dex if Beaf ever gets Rocks up. A Mega Beedrill U-Turn brings out Ferrothorn to presumably do just that, but dex U-Turns his Pelipper out into a very threatening Galarian Darmanitan-Zen. This also means that dex has gotten up all 4 weathers in this battle. Beaf opts to stay in, probably hoping that dex would predict a switch to Toxapex and use Earthquake, but dex immediately goes for the Flare Blitz, destroying Ferrothorn and denying hazards. In a similar situation, Beaf sends out Mega Beedrill and dex stays in, predicting Beaf to go for U-Turn or Knock Off to predict a switch to Zard or Pelipper, but Beaf just goes for Mud Spike for the KO instead.

dex sends out Pelipper, forcing Beedrill to U-Turn out into Pex as it Roosts up. dex switches Pelipper out for Charizard as Beaf just goes for Knock Off for chip damage. Zard Roosts up as Beaf keeps going for Knock Off, racking up Toxic damage. After a Scorching Sands is met with a Recover from Beaf, dex switches in Excadrill, but Beaf makes a very good play but switching into Beedrill on the same turn. This forces Pelipper in, but Beaf goes for the Mud Spike instead of U-Turn, which allows Pelipper to Roost again as Tapu Koko comes in next turn. dex brings out Excadrill, who takes a light chunk from a Dazzling Gleam and then a U-Turn, as Beaf sends out Toxapex, who takes a huge amount from Earthquake. dex then reveals Arid Absorption as his last move, healing up and getting an Attack boost because Toxapex is active, as Pex responds with a Recover. Because of the Attack boost, Beaf is forced to sack Toxapex to another Earthquake in order to safely bring Beedrill in. The Beedrill switch-in is once again met with Pelipper, as Beaf gets off very little chip damage with a Knock Off. I would say that if Beaf was predicting a Pelipper switch anyway, he should've U-Turned or used Toxic Thread if he had it, but there's really not much that Beaf can do at this point. Beedrill has to U-Turn out into Koko as dex U-Turns Pelipper out for Drill, essentially sealing Beaf's fate. Koko U-Turns out into Beedrill, hoping for an EQ, but Excadrill smacks Beedrill with an Iron Head to OHKO it, then does the same to Koko with an EQ to give dex the win.

Like I said earlier, despite being a funny team, dex's team was legitimately scary, Excadrill in particular, and, unsurprisingly, Excadrill proved to be Beaf's downfall, even without Sand. Both players played really well and both made plenty of great plays, but Beaf losing Blacephalon early by using it before TTar went down and not having a particularly great matchup into GDarm that caused him to lose his answer to Drill ultimately led to his downfall. Even with this loss and the Gourgs as a whole going down in a great ball of fire, Beaf should be extremely proud of his performance this season. With high expectations going in, going 4-2 and only losing to 1 player is exactly what I'd call meeting or even exceeding those expectations.

dex, on the other hand, continues his insane run into the Finals. There's not really much more to say about how good his run has been, he's just been on fire and I expect that to continue into the Finals. This man literally went into the Avatar State, we probably should've know he was gonna win.

vs

Link

:Tapu Koko: / :Medicham-Mega: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Heatran: / :Wishiwashi-School: / :Ferrothorn: vs :Scizor-Mega: / :Garchomp: / :Weavile: / :Slowking-Galar: / :Urshifu: / :Corviknight:

Secondly and lastly, we have Xrn of the Boomers going up against EeveeGirl of the Comrades. Xrn is the other JolteMons player, along with dex and Beaf Cultist, that has an argument for the best JolteMons player in the tournament, while Eevee is once again stepping in for scorbunnys, who's been consistently able to hang with the likes of Xrn and Beaf during the tournament. Both players are coming off great wins last week, so this should be an interesting game that either player could win.

This sentiment rings true when looking at their teams, as neither one of them are anything too crazy. Xrn is running a standard balance team featuring the highly underrated Mega Medicham, while EeveeGirl has a very physical offense-heavy team featuring Mega Scizor, Garchomp, Weavile, and an interesting pick in the team's mascot, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Xrn has to be careful to not let Wishiwashi get weakened too fast, as they'll need it to be all four of those Pokemon. If they can do that, then Koko and Medicham should have a field day, with only Glowking annoying them a little bit. However, if Wishiwash gets weakened, Weavile and Garchomp can both easily win if they get a chance to set up and Scizor can, too, if Heatran's gone.

The battle starts with Xrn leading with Mega Medicham and EeveeGirl leading with Garchomp. Xrn immediately Mega Evolves, but Garchomp quickly takes care of Medicham with 2 EQs after taking a good chunk from a Zen Headbutt. While weakening Chomp is great to put pressure off of Wishiwashi and Goltres, Medicham would've been a huge help to Koko in beating Glowking, so it's a tough trade for Xrn.

Speaking off Koko, that's who Xrn brings out. EeveeGirl sends in Glowking to take a Gleam, but Koko instead U-Turns out into Heatran, who's revealed to be Air Balloon. EeveeGirl switches Glowking out into Urshifu, probably fearing getting trapped by Magma Storm since even a Scald from Glowking isn't doing much to Heatran. However, this plays perfectly into Xrn's hand as Heatran lets off a huge Eruption, doing 63% to Urshifu. Wishiwashi comes out to comfortably tank any incoming attack from Urshifu, which ends up being a U-Turn, with EeveeGirl going back into Glowking. In response, Wishiwashi U-Turns out, revealing that Xrn isn't running minimum Speed on Wishiwashi, which I use in order to allow Core Enforcer to suppress the Slowtwins' Regenerator when they try to Future Sight. The U-Turn brings Heatran back out as Glowking Future Sights. This time, EeveeGirl keeps Glowking in to tank an Eruption, which does a measly 35% to Glowking, as Glowking pops Heatran's Balloon with a decent strong Scald. This forces Xrn to switch into Goltres, who comfortably takes the Scald and takes 0 damage from the Future Sight that lands this turn, though it gets burned in the process.

EeveeGirl brings in Weavile on Goltres, who hits it with a light U-Turn due to the burn, bringing in Tapu Koko. Another round of pivoting puts Heatran and Glowking on the field again, where Heatran gets up Rocks while Glowking hits another strong Scald. This forces Xrn back into Goltres, who takes a few hits from Glowking. However, this is when Xrn realizes that they are mistakenly running Berserk on their Goltres instead of Regenerator, which makes it much less effective at checking Glowking, which puts Xrn at a huge disadvantage. EeveeGirl switches Glowking out for Urshifu, while Xrn U-Turns out into Ferrothorn. This forces Xrn to switch into Wishiwashi, who comfortably tanks a Close Combat into a crit U-Turn, while EeveeGirl sends in Glowking to comfortably tank a Core Enforcer.

After a Glowking Future Sight, EeveeGirl sacks Urshifu to Wishiwashi in order to bring out Garchomp. Garchomp goes right for the Scale Shot, which could straight up win EeveeGirl the game if it KOes Wishiwashi here, but it gets a measly two hits as Wishiwashi immediately takes it down with a Core Enforcer. The follow up Future Sight does put it in Pursuit range for Weavile, which gives it Level 2 on its Soul Blade. Xrn brings out Tapu Koko, causing EeveeGirl to once again bring in Glowking, who tanks on TBolt. EeveeGirl then double switches into Scizor on Koko's U-Turn, which brings out Heatran, forcing EeveeGirl to switch right back to Glowking. Glowking goes down to a Magma Storm into an Earth Power, but it too is in range of Weavile's Pursuit, KOing it and giving Weavile another Soul Blade level, now having the power of a Banded Weavile. Tapu Koko comes out for Xrn, but EeveeGirl stays in on a U-Turn that doesn't kill Weavile. Ferrothorn comes out to tank the incoming Triple Axel, which does enough to 2HKO it. However, thanks to Iron Barbs, Weavile goes down on the following turn as well, which is game-saving for Xrn.

Even so, as Scizor comes out for EeveeGirl while Xrn brings in Koko, it still loks like EeveeGirl should be able to get the win after a Swords Dance, which she gets after Scizor Roosts a couple times into a safe range. However, instead of going for 2 Bullet Punches to 2HKO Koko, EeveeGirl opts for a second Swords Dance to secure the KO, taking another chunk from TBolt. However, EeveeGirl actually doesn't go for the Bullet Punch, instead presumably trying to go for Roost, as Tapu Koko KOes it with a Thunderbolt. This ends up costing EeveeGirl the game as Corviknight can't do anything to Koko and quickly goes down, giving the win to Xrn.

Xrn gets yet another great win in what's been a great run in this tournament. However, the Tier 1 Boomers ended up losing their matchup against the Comrades, getting eliminated from the tournament and thus ending Xrn's run here. While it sucks to go out, Xrn at least went out with a win and an overall record of 5-1, which they should be extremely happy with.

For EeveeGirl, the misplay on Scizor was unfortunate, but other than that, she played extremely well against a great opponent, so she shouldn't be too hard on herself for this one. I assume that she didn't Bullet Punch there because she thought she needed another SD to OHKO Koko and thought that Scizor could live a TBolt at 26% without terrain, but both of these assumptions weren't true unfortunately (+4 Bullet Punch does 112-132% to Koko, while out of terrain TBolt does 27% minimum to Scizor). Thus, this just serves as a reminder to double check your calcs if you're unsure about something. It has already been confirmed that scorbunnys is returning to play JolteMons for the Comrades next week, so EeveeGirl's run ends here (potential tiebreaker notwithstanding) and it was a really good 2 weeks for her, almost winning here and getting a good win last week, so she can be happy with her performance.

And that's the week! See you next week for the Finals and the very last JolteMons battle(s) of the tournament!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
I promised I was going to come up with a VR noms post after the tour, but since the tour's almost done and I'm already done with games as well, I'm going to post some noms I've had in mind for a while because why not.

Rises:
:Ss/Moltres-Galar: S- -> S

Probably a hot take I know, but this mon is honestly the way to go for most Bulky Offenses and Balanced teams, as Regenerator (broken ability), access to Defog (plus it legitimately can do well against most Hazzard users) and an insanely good typing that coupled with its great bulk allows it to check stuff like Dragapult, Gourgeist-S, Greninja-Aah to an extent and can basically pivot into half the meta. Nasty Plot sets are also quite good btw, as they can actually fit Defog and U-turn most of the time while they also give the team a wincon, while +2 Fiery Wrath is probably good enough vs teams that basically don't have a Fairy-Type/Weavile. NP Offensive is also nuts and I don't think it needs any explanation. Surely better back in Gourgeist meta but it's still a top 3 mon.

:SS/clefable: A -> A+
This mon admittedly surprised me a lot, as it just saw astronomical usage during the tour, and that's basically due to its variety of sets (CM 2a, Stall Unaware, LO 3a, Sticky Barb Trick, hell even MFire that's got used by Beaf early in the tour against Xrn) and solid typing + ridiculous abilities that compensates it's average stats (though it can work around EVs quite easily), plus it's also a solid check for stuff like Dragapult, Wishiwashi-S, some Kyurem sets if running SpD and MLop. What's not to love about this cute and evil pink blob?

:SS/Scizor-Mega:A -> A+
Honestly, this mon's been performing quite nicely during the tour and yeah, we all know that's because of its great bulk, access to reliable recovery, solid typing, access to priority, and many other stuff, but also because of the amount of innovation you can do with this mon, as while standard SD is definitely the most used set, there are other solid sets like Knock SD or Sand Tomb (with SD as well) to lure Pex and Tran in the switch-in. I also think trends benefit it a lot, as the meta has turned out into a quite offensive one, with staples like Weavile and Kyurem (who's seen usage as an anti meta pick as well) thriving, fairies like Sylveon & Clefable upticking, and another frail mons like MLop, MMedi and Koko being top tier mons right now, this mon shines. Surely a top 15 mon at the very least imo.

:ss/beedrill-mega: B+ -> A-
As seen here, this mon straight up destroys some defensive structures with Adaptability Mud Spike / U-turn while also having a really, really good Speed Tier and access to Knock Off that's still a broken move even tho we have megas, plus it heavily helps it to wear down common checks like Zapdos or Tornadus-T. Pursuit is also a really good filler as we don't need any other move outside from U-turn / STAB / Knock Off and allows it to trap Ghost-types and Psychic-types like Dragapult, Blacephalon, Slowking-Galar, Lati@s-Mega, Alakazam-Mega, and Gourgeist-Small. Ground-Type is also really good as it allows it to be an electric inmune in order to pseudo-check stuff like Zeraora and Tapu Koko, hence why it should rise a subrank at least.

:SS/tornadus-therian:B+ -> A-
While GMolt is really good, its usage dropped off a little bit (though not a lot really, it's still one of the most used mons here), so this mon has been sort of taking the spotlight due to its access to Knock Off and it's higher Speed Tier that allows it to outspeed a much wider amount of relevant threats and can perform better as a pivot into more offensive teams. It's also not easy to switch, as it gets more coverage than it's main competition (aka Moltres-Galar) in form to Focus Blast and Heat Wave, which means it can also perform as a setup sweeper that's able to take down most defensive teams.

:Ss/Gardevoir-Mega: B- -> B
I don't get why this mon just didn't see usage in the tour like it's really strong and has an ok Speed Tier that coupled with Rapid Spin (that's also Hazzard control) is just a menace for a lot of bulkier teams. Unblockable Spin is probably the best thing about it tho, as you can freely spin without being afraid of the opponent switching into a Ghost-Type. Still fringe since Tapu Lele is better but deserves a bump imo.

:Ss/slowbro-mega:B- -> B
After watching Eevee's game, I realized this mon is legit, as while you're spending your megastone omega stoneng (so that means no mhound, no msciz, no MLop, etc.), if you don't need a mega, you can freely run this on your team since most of the time you're not running an item of Slowbro.
Anyways, explanations aside, I think as long as you can afford not having a mega and you need Slowbro, Mega is the way to go, as it gives Slowbro a Knock Off "resistance" while it also is really, really threatening when used wisely like seen on this game, so honestly, this is probably better than most B- mons.

:SS/Sylveon: C- -> somewhere higher (probably C+/B-)
As seen in my game against Gravity, this mon has a lot of neat qualities over Clefable and Cresselia, as while it doesn't get a really wide movepool or a solid bulk on both sides, its unique access to Lovely Kiss allows it to pair really well with breakers like Kyurem, Lopunny-Mega, Offensive Garchomp and many others while also forcing switches, but what makes it so reliable is its impressive SpD bulk, that allows it to take on foes like GMolt, Wishiwashi-S, Kyurem, Dragapult, AutoSteela, MTias and it can take on Gourgeist-S, can take on Gren-A while it also gets Sparkly Swirl, a quite solid STAB that allows it to perform as a cleric, although it can be replaced by Hyper Voice if preferred, as it gets Natural Cure + Pixilate (Power of Alchemy combines both abilities) and Hyper Voice is overall more reliable than Sparkly Swirl due to its better PP and accuracy while it also bypasses Substitutes. Mystical Fire and Teleport are also neat options that either allow it to bypass Ferrothorn/MSciz or allow it to keep momentum throughout the game.

:SS/Umbreon: UR -> C-
As seen in my game against Xrn (won't link this time bc I'm lazy, but u can find it on page 21 as well as all the Jolte pmpl games), this mon is quite tough to switch into due to its Corrosion + Merciless combo which adding Toxic Thread is just, really dumb while it's hard to break due to its great mixed bulk and access to recovery + Teleport in a pinch. Aggravate kind of alleviates its passivity, as this mon is clicking Toxic Thread into most stuff, so being able to chunk and Taunt them (especially if talking about defensive mons or opposite stall) is just really neat. It also takes on stuff like Dragapult, Gourgeist-S, Blacephalon, and Weavile a la GMolt (but it also takes on broken Weav). Still not top tier but on par with most C- stuff imo.

Drops:
:SS/Melmetal: A+ -> A

This mon has seen 0 usage during the tour and while it was surely a sleep pick, it was definitely overtaken by another Steel-Types like Scizor-Mega, Ferrothorn, Heatran and even Corviknight who offer more utility and are easier to fit onto a team. I think this mon is still very good, as Pads sets especially can tear teams apart, plus there's definitely some untapped potential with items like Shell Bell, but it should drop because it's overranked imo.

:ss/gourgeist-small: A -> A-/B+
The one who's probably been less affected with the nerfs wave, as this mon still runs through unprepared teams, but it definitely doesn't exert the unhealthy pressure it used to and now some of its issues are starting to show like it's low Speed, plus Scarf sets are less effective with the Defeaning Shrek nerf, as now you can't just spam and get away with it. Still solid though.

:ss/empoleon: A -> much, much lower rank (probably B, hell even lower)
It doesn't have Unimpressed anymore, so now most of its niche straight-up died, now you're better off running Pex/Wishiwashi + Steel-Type. Defogger that can Knock and pivot with reliable recovery is still tempting so it's probably not C, but it's definitely not a top-tier mon anymore.

:SS/cresselia: A -> B+
Doesn't resist Knock anymore, it's weak to Ghost and it's still weak to straight up the same things, so this is 100% a nerf for defensive sets, and while CM sets have potential as seen in my game against dex, they're not nearly as effective as they should be. Trick Room sets, Cloud Nine for anti-weather techs and Scarf all have some untapped potential though, so we'll see.

:SS/celesteela:A -> A-
Hasn't seen consistent usage during the tour except once, and that's mainly because it's overtaken by Ferrothorn, Scizor-Mega, Heatran, Corviknight, and Melmetal, who offer either more utility than it, better offensive presence, or both in a row, plus it folds to stuff like Zeraora, Volcanion, and Tapu Koko, all of which are very common.
It's also very prone to get Knock-Off'd if its Flame Orb didn't get activated yet, as not getting the SpA and SpD boosts sucks for it for obvious reasons, thus I think it's not consistent enough to stay at A.

:SS/Diancie-Mega: B+ -> B
Ok, I don't think this mon is mid or bad, I just believe this mon is overranked, as it hates some meta trends like MSciz rising all the fuck out in usage, Landorus-T still being top 3, Wishiwashi-S staying as one of the best mons outta there and it's kind of awkward to fit as well, since it's a mega that also occupies the fairy slot, which means it also competes with Clefable, Sylveon, Cresselia, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, and some others. SR 3 attacks are still very potent and it's threatening into more defensive teams, plus Diamond Storm is a brokenass move, but I think this mon could drop a subrank.

:SS/bisharp::SS/Mimikyu::SS/cinderace: B -> B-
I haven't seen any of these three in a good time, and that's mainly due to them being outclassed by better options. Bisharp and Mimikyu aren't straight up HO staples anymore due to their apparent flaws (Bisharp's mid Speed and overreliance on Sucker Punch and Mimikyu kinda flops vs. Steel-Types) while Cinderace...it pains me to say that but it's outclassed by another Fire-Types like Victini, Volcanion, Volcarona, Blacephalon and MHoundoom who are much better offensively and bring more to a team overall, but Cinderace access to Court Change, Sucker Punch and it's solid Speed Tier keeps it afloat on B-.
Edit: GDZ exists and it's better Cinderace so drop bunny to C :sob:

Some other noms I don't feel like explaining (will briefly explain but that's it)
:Slowbro:-> A (great defensive pivot that takes on most physical attackers v well that also gets broken future port that's also seen a ton of usage lately)
:Regigigas::sableye-mega:-> B (stall do be busted tbh and regigigas is busted as well s/o beaf)
:Cobalion::decidueye::mesprit::kangaskhan-mega::haxorus::chandelure::lucario-mega::primarina:-> lower (C+, UR, C, UR, UR, UR, B-, B-), though outright UR Haxorus honestly (why are they so high honestly? Haven't seen any of them in a while, also Haxo and Chandy are cheeks)
:Blacephalon:A- -> A (Cool mon that can break through teams with Specs and it's great SpA while it also stays healthy with Regenerator, plus Pyro Ball sets have also seen some usage and they work into TTar well enough)
:Steelix-Mega:B -> C+ (Would probably just use a better Steel-Type unless I really need it's role compression or I'm going to bring a Gravity team)
:jirachi: B- -> C/C- (Doesn't get Life Dew anymore but it still has a slight niche as a SR user able to beat Lele, v specific tho).
That's all guys! Cya and will come up with another big post in a day or two after the tour ends (mainly team dump).
:alomomola: B+ -> B (It lost Life Dew so now it has to occupy two slots in recovery while also wanting three moves aka Flip Turn, Scald and Knock Off while still being quite passive. Honestly, I'd just use another Bulky Water 90% of the time)

Last edited:
Posted a truncated version of this on the Discord, but I want my internet points so I’ll put a beefed-up version here. It’s time for the long-awaited (by me),

Beaf’s VR Nominations!!

Rises:
:heatran: A+ to S-
This has been a long time coming. Heatran is an amazing mon, and it did perfectly well in PMPL. It is no worse here than it is in NatDex, particularly after the Empoleon nerf removed its main competition, so it’s at least worthy of S-.

:clefable: A -> A+
Another NatDex titan that we kinda shafted in our initial VR. Less competition with Cresselia after its nerf makes raising Clefable much easier to justify.

:zeraora: A -> A+
Very hot take, but special Zeraora is a legitimate mix-up set, and Electro Ball/Hidden Power Ice boltbeam coverage is nothing to scoff at, making it a lot harder to safely answer than in standard since you might switch in your Gliscor only to die instantly to specs HP Ice.

:beedrill-mega: B+ -> A-
While it does indeed require support, the amount of pressure it puts on opponents when it has that support makes it very much worth the effort, not to mention the ‘support’ it needs are already very viable mons such as Magnezone. Additionally, this idea we have of it relying on support isn’t necessarily true. It partners extremely well with Tapu Koko, making an absurdly good VoltTurn core only stopped by Ferrothorn, which you can just bring a Fire to answer. Overall a lot easier to use than people give it credit for, and its frequent PMPL usage further cements my opinion that it deserves a rise.

:arctozolt: B -> B+
Multiple viable Hail setters with the possibility of stacking them (GDZ and Alolatales have fairly different roles and weaknesses), broken Coal Engine strats, people not running proper Ice resists; there’s quite a lot going for Zolt, and its tournament usage I believe shows the same sentiment.

:ninetales-alola: B -> B+
If Zolt moves up, Alolatales moves up.

:manaphy: B- -> B/B+
Obliterates fat, high PL usage. can’t comment too much on the HO mons since I don’t build HO well, but this one in particular stuck out as ranked too low for the level of success it achieved in PMPL.

:regigigas: B- -> B
SpDef sets are the way. Mon goes super hard with bulky sets, and while I used it on stall it also has a place on balance. Like, to give an idea of how great its defensive potential is, it walls and OHKOs Weavile while also being one of the best Ghost resists in the tier. With mons like Alomomola providing phenomenal Wish support, or even the possibility of running Reconstruct thanks to its absurd bulk, Gigas is really just phenomenal on the right teambuilds, and this rise better reflects that.

:venusaur-mega: B- -> B
Samurott counter. Also I can’t remember if it got anything besides Rash Powder, but it’s just generally a nice fat Grass if your team doesn’t need a Mega.

:torkoal:/:venusaur:/:keldeo: C+ -> B-
Keldeo is an insanely threatening mon. It hardcarries Sun even more than Venu does, plus the current mindset that Sun isn’t particularly threatening as long as you bring a Fire resist doesn’t exactly apply, as Balloon Tran and other classic Sun answers fold to Specs or even Scarf Keldeo. This lacking of proper building combined with lower Toxapex usage (a mon that annoys Keldeo to no end while also scaring the rest of the common Sun abusers) means that Sun teams are much less of a matchup fish than they usually are.

:greninja: C -> B-
While definitely inferior to Ash Greninja, Protean Greninja really isn’t so bad as to be deserving of a C-tier placement. While its PMPL usage was nonexistent, this rise at least reflects the aforementioned statement.

:sylveon: C- -> C+/B-
As Scor proved, Sylveon is a versatile and powerful bulky wallbreaker. The cleric support it can provide to its team without wasting a slot on Heal Bell or sacrificing too much offensive pressure can be invaluable for slower balance teams. Consider how ridiculous mons like Wishiwashi and Goltres would be if they didn’t have to worry about status.

Drops:
:greninja-ash: A+ -> A
Three words: very limited usage. The mon itself may be fine but clearly the playerbase doesn’t favor it, plus stuff like Mega Gyarados, which resists almost every move on its usual sets and can spin away its Spikes, are very annoying for it.

:melmetal: A+ -> A
Echoing Scor. Mon may be great in theory but other Steels are overshadowing it in the current meta, and its low usage even in a tournament with experienced players building in the tier for weeks on end goes to show that public opinion is not in its favor.

:cresselia: A -> A-
Not really much to say. The nerf made it worse but it still gets to throw off STAB Moonblasts and be fat, so I don’t think it’s particularly bad. Adding back its Psychic typing was honestly a buff to its CM sets since now they get STAB Psyshock again.

:empoleon: A -> very low (I think B makes sense for now)
Unimpressed being removed really does gut its viability, but as Scor pointed out it still has quite a few appealing attributes, not to mention a very unique defensive profile among Steels in the tier.

:gourgeist: A -> B+/A-
Still a great mon, but all of its sets are slightly worse post-nerf and Scarf in particular is borderline unusable at this point without the nuclear option Deafening Shriek gave it before.

:blissey: A- -> B+
it pains me to say this as the #1 Counterspell proponent, but while building seriously for PMPL I realized Blissey is almost impossible to use on any team with even a hint of an offensive lean. Other mons do Blissey’s job while bringing actual offensive pressure to the table, and most high-tier OU special breakers beat Blissey 1v1 anyway, so there’s really no point in running it a lot of the time.

:diancie-mega: B+ -> B
Zero PMPL usage, and I agree with Scor that it’s very tough to slot on teams. Keep it BL though.

:chesnaught: B -> B-
Just run Megasaur lol. Spikes just aren’t worth it for the massive bulk and utility decrease from what the tier’s other fat Grasses offer.

:cinderace: B -> B-
Echoing Scor. Cinderace just isn’t worth using in a meta with GDZ.

:politoed: B -> UR
Pelipper is just better. When we rated this mon we were very much underrating the defensive utility a physically defensive Water/Flying brings to Rain, not to mention the added role compression of hazard removal.

:primarina: B -> B-
shriek nerf :(

:articuno-galar: B- -> C
And keep dropping it. This thing is horrible even on stall. Its typing and movepool are atrocious, and its stats just aren’t good enough to make it work.

:chandelure: C -> UR
Shitmon, also Salazzle does the Merciless niche better.

:lumineon: C- -> UR
Let’s be real, when are you ever going to run this? Doing big damage just isn’t enough to make a mon viable, and it’s really all Lumineon has. Maybe it can do something in UU.

Also going to call into question the viability of the Moody mons, Mega Kangaskhan, Ribombee, Reuniclus, and Haxorus. I would like to see more replays of these mons actually contributing to a match in any meaningful way.

New Additions:
:samurott: UR -> B+
This thing is broken. Very few mons reliably check it at +2, it can set up on like, half the tier, it resists most OU priority options, and after a kill or two with Soul Blade sets it becomes literally unwallable. It doesn’t even need to sweep since if well-played it can at least break through one or two of the opponent’s defensive mons, therefore crippling their defensive core and opening holes for teammates. It almost always goes positive unless the opponent stacks multiple checks (the best of which aren’t particularly viable), can slot coverage for those checks anyway, and worst of all it is perfectly consistent thanks to No Guard. There is no RNGesus here. It just hits you with Hydro Pump. For free. Every time.

:regieleki: UR -> B-/B
Questioning why this mon wasn’t ranked already. It’s literally better than base Eleki, and it very much needs to be considered when building.

:dragonite: UR -> B-
Why was this unranked? It does pretty well on balance, has a unique defensive profile, and is generally pretty threatening to most teams. Worth ranking.

:sceptile-mega: UR -> B-
While this may not be sweeping teams any time soon, the speed control it offers can be invaluable to teams that struggle to answer mons like Mega Lopunny and Greninja, since even if the opponent chooses to switch, nothing really wants to switch in on it.

:orbeetle: UR -> C+
Gravity Webs is actually kinda nice, especially with obnoxious high-accuracy Hypnosis. Warrants more testing for sure, but I think this placement at least is fair given what I’ve seen of it.

:hoopa: UR -> C
Going to need to see more usage for it before I’m 100% certain, but this thing goes kinda crazy against fat. Wandering Spirit denies Regenerator mons and Gliscor completely, and with 150 Special Attack, it is absurdly difficult to switch into, especially if it clicks NP.

:salazzle: UR -> C
Does what Chandy is supposed to do but better.

:wormadam-sandy: UR -> C
Has a legitimate niche on stall, as nothing short of a super effective STAB hit can break it on the physical side (for example, it walls literally every physical Nidoking set), and Rocky Helmet helps a lot in reducing its passivity.

:umbreon: UR -> C-
Gives me similar vibes to Avalugg and Pyuku, where it probably has a niche on stall, but said niche is very limited and specific. Still, Corrosion is an insane ability, especially on a fatmon, so this could 100% see more legitimate play.

:glaceon: UR -> somewhere in C
I can’t fully back this without more usage, but this thing hits like a truck if you can bring it in somehow, not to mention the Soak effect of Meltdown can put a lot of pressure on opposing walls with good team structure and pivoting on your part.

Additional Thoughts:
:moltres-galar: S- -> S-
I don’t care how high its usage is, by using Goltres as your Dark you’re opening yourself up to exploitation. If more people used Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar, physical Blacephalon would be a joke set.

:gyarados-mega: A -> A
I don’t know who ranked this mon so high pre-PMPL considering how it was getting 0 usage at the time, but oh boy does it deserve it. Options for both utility and offensive sets, an awesome defensive profile, its ability to wall common Goltres lures completely, and to top it all off, its access to one of if not the strongest Pursuits in the metagame all make it extremely valuable to teams looking for a defensive Dark.

:blacephalon: A- -> A-
If anyone wants it higher, remind them that Pursuit exists.

:gallade-mega: A- -> A-
Still really scary, especially against teams relying on Wishi as their bulky Water.

:nidoking: A- -> A-
Saw quite a fair amount of usage in PMPL as one of the flashier Jolte changes for NatDex players, but even with high usage it still suffers the exact same defensive pitfalls it does in base, and ended up as sack fodder in half its games.

S Rank

S
:landorus-therian:Landorus-Therian
:tapu koko:Tapu Koko

S-
:moltres-galar:Galarian Moltres
:heatran:Heatran
:wishiwashi-school:Wishiwashi-School
:weavile:Weavile

A Rank

A+
:clefable:Clefable
:darmanitan-galar-zen:Galarian Darmanitan-Zen
:dragapult:Dragapult
:ferrothorn:Ferrothorn
:gliscor:Gliscor
:kyurem:Kyurem
:lopunny-mega:Mega Lopunny
:medicham-mega:Mega Medicham
:tapu fini:Tapu Fini
:volcarona:Volcarona
:zeraora:Zeraora

A
:celesteela:Celesteela
:garchomp:Garchomp
:greninja-ash:Ash Greninja
:gyarados-mega:Mega Gyarados
:kartana:Kartana
:melmetal:Melmetal
:scizor-mega:Mega Scizor
:tapu lele:Tapu Lele
:toxapex:Toxapex
:zapdos:Zapdos

A-
:alakazam-mega:Mega Alakazam
:beedrill-mega:Mega Beedrill
:blacephalon:Blacephalon
:corviknight:Corviknight
:cresselia:Cresselia
:gallade-mega:Mega Gallade
:houndoom-mega:Mega Houndoom
:latias-mega:Mega Latias
:magnezone:Magnezone
:nidoking:Nidoking
:rotom-wash:Rotom-Wash
:serperior:Serperior
:slowbro:Slowbro
:slowking-galar:Galarian Slowking
:zapdos-galar:Galarian Zapdos
:zarude-dada:Zarude-Dada

B Rank

B+
:alomomola:Alomomola
:arctozolt:Arctozolt
:blissey:Blissey
:buzzwole:Buzzwole
:gourgeist:Gourgeist-Small
:manaphy:Manaphy
:mawile-mega:Mega Mawile
:muk-alola:Alolan Muk
:ninetales-alola:Alolan Ninetales
:pelipper:Pelipper
:samurott:Samurott
:swampert-mega:Mega Swampert
:terrakion:Terrakion
:tornadus-therian:Tornadus-Therian
:victini:Victini
:volcanion:Volcanion

B
:ampharos-mega:Mega Ampharos
:bisharp:Bisharp
:chansey:Chansey
:charizard-mega-y:Mega Charizard Y
:diancie-mega:Mega Diancie
:ditto:Ditto
:empoleon:Empoleon
:excadrill:Excadrill
:gastrodon-east:Gastrodon
:hawlucha:Hawlucha
:hydreigon:Hydreigon
:infernape:Infernape
:kommo-o:Kommo-o
:lucario-mega:Mega Lucario
:mimikyu:Mimikyu
:regigigas:Regigigas
:rillaboom:Rillaboom
:rotom-mow:Rotom-Mow
:runerigus:Runerigus
:skarmory:Skarmory
:steelix-mega:Mega Steelix
:tapu bulu:Tapu Bulu
:tangrowth:Tangrowth
:tyranitar-mega:Mega Tyranitar
:venusaur-mega:Mega Venusaur

B-
:chesnaught:Chesnaught
:cinderace:Cinderace
:cobalion:Cobalion
:darmanitan-zen:Darmanitan-Zen
:dragonite:Dragonite
:eelektross:Eelektross
:gardevoir-mega:Mega Gardevoir
:garchomp-mega:Mega Garchomp
:goodra:Goodra
:greninja:Greninja
:jirachi:Jirachi
:keldeo:Keldeo
:latios-mega:Mega Latios
:mew:Mew
:primarina:Primarina
:regieleki:Regieleki
:sableye-mega:Mega Sableye
:sceptile-mega:Mega Sceptile
:slowbro-mega:Mega Slowbro
:sylveon:Sylveon
:torkoal:Torkoal
:tyranitar:Tyranitar
:urshifu-rapid-strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:venusaur:Venusaur

C Rank

C+
:aegislash:Aegislash
:decidueye:Decidueye
:heracross-mega:Mega Heracross
:kangaskhan-mega:Mega Kangaskhan
:mesprit:Mesprit
:orbeetle:Orbeetle
:raichu-alola:Alolan Raichu
:ribombee:Ribombee
:rhyperior:Rhyperior
:shedinja:Shedinja

C
:articuno-galar:Galarian Articuno
:camerupt-mega:Mega Camerupt
:crawdaunt:Crawdaunt
:glaceon:Glaceon
:hatterene:Hatterene
:hoopa:Hoopa
:hoopa-unbound:Hoopa-Unbound
:marowak:Marowak
:nihilego:Nihilego
:reuniclus:Reuniclus
:salazzle:Salazzle
:wormadam-sandy:Wormadam-Sandy

C-
:avalugg:Avalugg
:deoxys-defense:Deoxys-Defense
:dracozolt:Dracozolt
:gengar:Gengar
:guzzlord:Guzzlord
:haxorus:Haxorus
:pyukumuku:Pyukumuku
:umbreon:Umbreon

Jolteon

Jolteon
:jolteon:Jolteon

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Doing the 2nd part of my last post since my team got eliminated from PMPL :blobsad: (though we still went to 2nd place so that's like really good), plus I don't feel like editing my old post for the 1000th time.
First of all though...
Noms (more like rises lmao) I'm not quite sure about (NOT ADDING THEM TO MY FINAL PERSONAL VR):
:ss/kyurem: A+ -> S-
Probably a hot af take, but I honestly think this mon could rise, as Soul Blade 3a is destroying a good part of the metagame (except Sylveon!) while it also has a quite good MU against almost the whole metagame with its great coverage and nuts SpA stat that allows it to outright smash some fatter teams, so it's just the definition of anti-meta.
Now, I'm not 100% sold on this nom as its Speed is quite mid for this metagame and while its bulk is pretty good, SR weakness can be crippling for it and some meta trends like Sylveon, MLop, and the increase of more offensive, faster teams can be troublesome for it, so I'm probably 40-60 leaning towards staying right now.

:ss/victini: B+ -> A-
Could probably add this one to the rises category but I'm not fully sold on this one, let's start with the positives, this mon is a quite solid pivot that hits actually really hard and has some insane coverage, plus Neuroforce is quite helpful against things like Slowbro, Buzzwole (specifically for V-Create sets), Wishiwashi and its targets will vary depending on the set and on what your team needs. That being said, its stats are quite mid, as it's stuck on the most mid Speed Tier a mon could ever ask for and on really eh offensive stats that are only made up by Neuroforce (solid ability though, but it's not enough), plus its hyper-prone to Knock Off and Pursuit (though Weavile, aka the Pursuit user who outspeeds it, could get lured by Scarf), so I'd like some discussion on this one as well.

Rises:
:ss/heatran: :SS/Lopunny-Mega: A+ -> S-
I agree with Beaf, this mon can do whatever it wants, it can check about half the metagame, and it's just the perfect glue for your team. I think it always should've been S- but PMPL ridiculous usage pushed it, so honestly just rise it, it's nuts.
As for Lopunny-Mega, I've been thinking on that nom for a while and I think it benefits from this offensive meta, as it's one of the best sources of Speed Control as it can outspeed the entire meta and it also brings some utility to the table like Fake Out (the only mon that can use this move viably), U-turn pivoting and can also hit hard. Hates Slowbro and Clefable but this mon's main role is not being the absolute wallbreaker, it's a pivot that's basically very fast and that hits hard as a plus.

:ss/zeraora:A -> A+
Also have to echo Beaf on this one, but I also enjoy running the Boots pivot set, as while you're not going nuts unlike Choice Specs, Boots is not that prediction reliant against Ground-types due to being able to actually run HP Ice as a filler while doing some of the same stuff that Specs doing like hitting hard, pivoting and it can also afford Knock Off, which is surely nice as it helps to beat stuff like Dragapult while Knocking Off stuff like Ferrothorn and Heatran to support teammates.

:ss/buzzwole: B+ -> A-
Momentum Armor makes it kinda crazy, as while it already hits hard, the item boosts its Atk stat to a ridiculous point and the slight Def decrease doesn't matter as its bulk is still quite solid. I also think Close Combat is a very overlooked option on this mon, as boosted CC can hit quite hard and it just goes crazy vs some weak resists like Sylveon or SpD Clefable. It also appreciates the usage increase of stuff like Gliscor, Weavile, and even Clefable, as it's a weaker resist, whereas it also appreciates Cresselia's decrease.

:ss/venusaur-mega: B- -> B/B+
Echoing Beaf, as it's just a solid Samurott's check and has some nice perks in Rash Powder, Toxic immunity, and some more stuff while it also hits quite hard overall. It also can check stuff like Clefable, Lopunny-Mega, and Zeraora really well, and as Beaf said, it's just a well-rounded Bulky Grass, not much to add tbh.

:SS/Greninja: C -> C+
Honestly, when battling against Yoshi, I realized this thing is lowkey legit, as while it lost the type change which was huge for its viability. I honestly also kinda like it as a Tapu Fini lure that can run Spikes but unlike Greninja-Ash it has some immediate power, making it an overall fine option. Not sure if B- is the way to go for it right now though, but we'll see.
I also echo Manaphy's rise, as it has been doing well in PMPL, and can outright smash defensive teams while not doing badly against offense. I agree with Sun's rise as well and could even push it to B, as Keldeo outright smashes a lot of Sun threats and the things Keldeo is weak to Venusaur can outright destroy as well.

Drops:
:SS/Greninja-Ash: A+ -> A (I wouldn't totally oppose to A-, but A feels more accurate)
Agreeing with Beaf in this one, it's getting pressured in a meta where Defensive MGyara is really good, Regenerator GMolt exists, Tapu Fini is still doing good (will talk about it in a bit though) and we've got some soft-checks for it like Sylveon, Primarina, Venusaur-Mega, and Samurott, plus many stuff can revenge kill it like Hail (who's getting high usage lately), Zeraora, Lopunny-Mega, and GDarm-Z Speed Ties suck ass, Rain, Sun and Dragapult. Water Shuriken is still a quite appealing trait for a wallbreaker and Spikes + nice double STAB are what keep it as a quite threatening wallbreaker (I also think Samurott sort of outclasses it on paper, but they are run on different teams overall).

:SS/tapu Fini: A+ -> lower (A is probably fitting)
Haven't really seen much of this mon lately, as with other Bulky Waters like Wishiwashi and Slowbro plus Bulky Fairies like Clefable, Tapu Koko, and even Sylveon taking the spotlight, this mon can't do much, unfortunately, as while it definitely does have some appealing traits in Defog, Misty Terrain, and Knock Off, it's still very exploitable as it lacks recovery and saps momentum. That being said, being a solid Samurott and Greninja-Ash check has its merit, so it's not like this mon's bad but more like this mon's being overranked to start with IMO (though it definitely doesn't appreciate some recent meta trends).

:SS/Blissey:A- -> B+/B
While this mon still has appealing traits like countering some Kyurem sets, Dragapult to an extent (DD ain't a thing here), Greninja-Ash, and some more frightening mons like Gourgeist (not fringe but compared to other top meta stuff it definitely is) and Primarina while also having Teleport, Counterspell and reliable recovery, this mon ends up overall being the absolute passive thing while not reliably checking what it needs to (Blacephalon, SubKyurem, Tapu Lele, some Tapu Koko sets, Tornadus-T, and Specs Zeraora), plus honestly, Dragapult can just U-turn on it. Still a decent mon but it's not A to any extent.

:ss/ditto: B -> B-
Still a solid revenge killer, but it feels slightly overranked since it doesn't beat much stuff really and outside full HO and Stall, it's just sort of a deadweight in my point of view.

:SS/politoed: B -> UR
Echoing Beaf, just use Pelipper
Will also echo GCuno drop and it could even get URed and I'd be okay with it, it's just not even good on Stall, as it's really passive and it barely checks SR users. Awful typing btw and doesn't get anything interesting or meaningful.

I also agree with Chesnaught dropping btw, but I'll go further to C+ since it's just really not worth using, like just use Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, MSaur or anything else lmao. Goodra's also on the same boat, though probably better bc beating Heatran and being overall ok offensively is valuable, but 90% of the time you're not running this.

URed stuff -> ranked:
:SS/Samurott: UR -> B+
After seeing Beaf's post, I decided to give it a try, and I can totally attest this shit is busted, it has no reliable counters outside Tapu Fini (who straight up gets worn down throughout the game), neat coverage, and a really solid double STAB while not relying on RNG with No Guard. I've been using both Soul Blade and White Herb, and while I think Soul Blade is better, White Herb has saved me against Paul (unfort I don't have replays) living a Lando-T EQ -> Scizor-Mega BP so it's still a viable item, honestly, it never should've gotten URed.

:SS/Sceptile-Mega: UR -> B
While I've talked about it before (deleted that part since I'm going more in detail here), it's a nutty wallbreaker with dumb Speed Control and drawback-less Leaf Storm (well technically it can still fail, but not dropping SpA is huge for it) while basically not having reliable counters outside blobs. Pushing it to B since I also think its typing is overlooked by some, as while it's frail as heck, being 4x water-resistant is definitely nice for stuff like this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Sceptile-Mega: 86-102 (30.6 - 36.2%) -- 50.6% chance to 3HKO
While not the most surprising thing I've ever seen, this can be quite handy in some scenarios where you can scout the choice-locked offensive water and switch into it (you're not doing this most of the time though), plus being able to switch into Scald is really cool too.

:SS/Dragonite: UR -> B-
It's got a nice defensive profile like Beaf mentioned as its typing and ability allow it to check Heatran, Volcarona, Greninja-Ash to some extent, Blacephalon and it does okay against Zeraora and it can also 1v1 basically half the meta while it gets nice coverage and Dragon Dance. Deserves to get ranked tbh.

:SS/Regieleki:
UR -> B-
Fastest mon on the game and can also Spin, hit relatively hard, and can be hellish to face if Eleki's paired with solid Ground-type counterplay. Should get ranked.

:SS/orbeetle: UR -> C+
I've been playing around Gravity teams and it does quite well there, not gonna say anything that Beaf hasn't said already but Webs + Gravity is pretty nice. I still enjoy running some backup Gravity setters for some reason tho.

:SS/Altaria-Mega: UR -> C
Solid DD sweeper able to set on stuff like Wishiwashi, Greninja-Ash, Moltres-Galar, Heatran, and others while not doing bad into the rest of the metagame, plus like even though it doesn't fare well against Steel-types, Magnezone is still a great partner for it, so AltariaZone can literally smash teams if not well prepared. Gets revenge killed by stuff like Hail and Scarf Lele but it does quite nicely against metagame, thus it deserves to get ranked somewhere in C. Lost here but it's a solid replay IMO, plus I also won against paul with this once.

:SS/Glaceon: UR -> C
At this point, I'm just echoing most Beaf noms, but this mon is brutal. Specs set hit like a truck, as literally nothing wants to switch into it due to its ok coverage and access to Meltdown, then Boots helps it to abuse Meltdown more effectively and do some nutty stuff like Meltdown -> Freeze-Dry, hell even Choice Scarf is an option. Rank it 100%.
A Scarf Glaceon's replay here:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8joltemons-18-v37m2g6bujdrrcfn47g1bh1b6sz40qdpw (lost but it did a lot).

:ss/wormadam-sandy:UR -> C
Echoing Beaf again, this mon is a nice physical defensive wall able to check stuff like Nidoking, Lopunny-Mega, Buzzwole, and Garchomp while it also can do some nutty stuff like 1v1ing Weavile with Rocky Helmet + Earthquake. Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin are also both really good depending on the team, so overall it's a nice mon for Stall teams (although it's niche).

:ss/breloom: UR -> C-
Yoshiblaze can expand more on this but I've got outright destroyed by this mon and +2 Toxic Boost Facade can do some really crazy stuff:
+2 252 Atk Toxic Boost Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 464-547 (117.7 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 Atk Toxic Boost Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 204-240 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (funny calc)
+4 252 Atk Toxic Boost Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 365-430 (120 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Toxic Boost Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Cresselia: 301-355 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
It can also Spore stuff, making it really tough to switch into as Grass-Types are mostly either setup fodder for it or die to +2 Facade. Mach Punch is also a really neat tool that allows it to revenge kill stuff like DD Gyarados-Mega and Beedrill-Mega among other stuff. I'd like to provide the replay where I get outright smashed by this but I don't have it.

:ss/salazzle: UR -> C-
After seeing Beaf's post, I've been looking closely at this mon, as while it's better Chandelure, I wasn't sure whether it had a legitimate niche or not, but it actually has some nice perks outside Merciless, as it gets some stuff like Knock Off, Fiery Dance an,d Nasty Plot while it also can abuse Clefable to death, plus it gets a solid Speed that allows it to outspeed Blacephalon, Gallade-Mega, Serperior among others. Not the next best thing nor something I'd use all the time but it's definitely fun and viable, albeit fringe.

All the stuff I've said here also applies (also UR Reuniclus rfn it sucks)
My personal VR:
S Rank

S
:moltres-galar:Galarian Moltres
:landorus-therian:Landorus-Therian
:tapu koko:Tapu Koko

S-
:heatran:Heatran
:lopunny-mega:Mega Lopunny
:wishiwashi-school:Wishiwashi-School
:weavile:Weavile

A Rank

A+

:clefable:Clefable
:darmanitan-galar-zen:Galarian Darmanitan-Zen
:dragapult:Dragapult
:ferrothorn:Ferrothorn
:gliscor:Gliscor
:kyurem:Kyurem
:medicham-mega:Mega Medicham
:scizor-mega:Mega Scizor
:volcarona:Volcarona
:zeraora:Zeraora

A
:blacephalon:Blacephalon
:garchomp:Garchomp
:greninja-ash:Ash Greninja
:gyarados-mega:Mega Gyarados
:melmetal:Melmetal
:kartana:Kartana
:slowbro:Slowbro
:tapu fini:Tapu Fini
:tapu lele:Tapu Lele
:toxapex:Toxapex
:zapdos:Zapdos

A-
:alakazam-mega:Mega Alakazam
:beedrill-mega:Mega Beedrill
:buzzwole:Buzzwole
:celesteela:Celesteela
:corviknight:Corviknight
:gallade-mega:Mega Gallade
:houndoom-mega:Mega Houndoom
:latias-mega:Mega Latias
:magnezone:Magnezone
:nidoking:Nidoking
:rotom-wash:Rotom-Wash
:serperior:Serperior
:slowking-galar:Galarian Slowking
:tornadus-therian:Tornadus-Therian
:zapdos-galar:Galarian Zapdos
:zarude-dada:Zarude-Dada

B Rank

B+

:arctozolt:Arctozolt
:blissey:Blissey
:cresselia:Cresselia
:manaphy:Manaphy
:mawile-mega:Mega Mawile
:muk-alola:Alolan Muk
:ninetales-alola:Alolan Ninetales
:gourgeist:Gourgeist-Small
:pelipper:Pelipper
:samurott: Samurott
:swampert-mega:Mega Swampert
:terrakion:Terrakion
:victini:Victini
:volcanion:Volcanion

B
:alomomola:Alomomola
:chansey:Chansey
:charizard-mega-y:Mega Charizard Y
:diancie-mega:Mega Diancie
:empoleon:Empoleon
:excadrill:Excadrill
:gardevoir-mega:Mega Gardevoir
:gastrodon-east:Gastrodon
:hawlucha:Hawlucha
:hydreigon:Hydreigon
:infernape:Infernape
:keldeo:Keldeo
:kommo-o:Kommo-o
:regigigas:Regigigas
:rillaboom:Rillaboom
:rotom-mow:Rotom-Mow
:sableye-mega:Mega Sableye
:sceptile-mega:Sceptile-Mega
:skarmory:Skarmory
:slowbro-mega:Mega Slowbro
:tapu bulu:Tapu Bulu
:tangrowth:Tangrowth
:torkoal:Torkoal
:tyranitar-mega:Mega Tyranitar
:venusaur-mega:Mega Venusaur
:venusaur:Venusaur

B-
:bisharp:Bisharp
:darmanitan-zen:Darmanitan-Zen
:ditto:Ditto
:dragonite:Dragonite
:garchomp-mega:Mega Garchomp
:latios-mega:Mega Latios
:lucario-mega:Mega Lucario
:mew:Mew
:mimikyu:Mimikyu
:primarina:Primarina
:regieleki:Regieleki
:sylveon:Sylveon
:tyranitar:Tyranitar
:urshifu-rapid-strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

C Rank

C+

:aegislash:Aegislash
:ampharos-mega:Mega Ampharos
:chesnaught:Chesnaught
:cobalion:Cobalion
:goodra:Goodra
:greninja:Greninja
:heracross-mega:Mega Heracross
:orbeetle:Orbeetle
:raichu-alola:Alolan Raichu
:rhyperior:Rhyperior
:shedinja:Shedinja

C
:altaria-mega: Altaria-Mega
:camerupt-mega:Mega Camerupt
:cinderace:Cinderace
:crawdaunt:Crawdaunt
:eelektross:Eelektross
:glaceon:Glaceon
:hatterene:Hatterene
:hoopa-unbound:Hoopa-Unbound
:jirachi:Jirachi
:marowak:Marowak
:mesprit:Mesprit
:nihilego:Nihilego
:runerigus:Runerigus
:wormadam-sandy: Wormadam-Sandy

C-
:articuno-galar:Galarian Articuno
:avalugg:Avalugg
:breloom: Breloom
:dracozolt:Dracozolt
:guzzlord:Guzzlord
:pyukumuku:Pyukumuku
:ribombee:Ribombee
:salazzle:Salazzle
:steelix-mega:Mega Steelix
:umbreon: Umbreon

Last edited:
The Pet Mods Premier League has now concluded and that means the final JolteMons battle of the tournament has taken place, so let's see what happened in one more round of JolteMons content!

vs

Temporary Link

:Nidoking: / :Gyarados-Mega: / :Heatran: / :Dragapult: / :Cresselia: / :Ferrothorn: vs :Wishiwashi-School: / :Moltres-Galar: / :Heatran: / :Rillaboom: / :Clefable: / :Beedrill-Mega:

Two of the biggest JolteMons threats in the tournament face off for the first time as the 5-1 dex goes up against the returning scorbunnys in a high stakes battle. Looking at team preview, dex has brought a very bulky balance team, with 4 great fatmons in Gyarados, Heatran, the recently nerfed Cresselia, and Ferrothorn, while still having great offensive pressure with Nidoking and Dragapult. Meanwile, scor has brought a similarly bulky team with Wishiwashi, Goltres, Heatran, and Clefable, while having the always scary Mega Beedrill as well as Rillaboom, which (going by the admittedly pretty outdated VR) is actually by far the least viable thing here. When Rillaboom is the worst mon either side brought, you know each person means business. Matchup-wise, both Ground-types in the battle can deal some serious damage to their foe, with Nidoking being able to do Nidoking things to everything not named Wishiwashi, while Beedrill gets to U-Turn on everything for free while also outspeeding Dragapult, which is a major plus for scor here. The battle will likely come down to who can keep their checks to these monsters healthy enough to stop a late game sweep. I'd give a slight advantage to scor in this regard, since Nidoking has to commit to attacking when it comes in, while Mega Beedrill can do its job by spamming U-Turn, but with dex having a Ferrothorn and 2 hazard setters, if MegaBee gets too weakened, it could fall into Nidoking Poison Dart range and very suddenly swing the game in dex's favor.

The battle starts with each player sending out their specially bulky Dark-types, with Mega Gyarados for dex and Goltres for scor. dex immediately Mega Evolves and smacks Goltres with a big crit Waterfall, but Goltres is still able to land a Toxic on Gyarados, putting it on a timer. One thing to note is that not Mega Evolving Gyarados might've been a good play here, as it could serve as a great check to MegaBee with its Water/Flying-typing while also having a better matchup against Rillaboom, though the extra bulk and Rain Dish does help against Heatran and Wishiwashi, so I can't completely disagree with Mega Evolving early.

The very next turn, each player switches in their Grass-types, Rillaboom for scor and Ferrothorn for dex, which prompts scor to immediately switch into Heatran, who eats a Knock Off from Ferrothorn. Heatran gets Rocks up as dex brings Mega Gyarados back in. Mega Gyarados spins away the Rocks as Rillaboom comes in, prompting dex to switch into Ferrothorn to eat a Grass move, but scor predicts this with a Knock Off, which reveals that Ferrothorn was Chople Berry, which would've made Ferrothorn a great counter to Rillaboom in the lategame.

A huge turn of events happens as some pivoting leads to scor's Wishiwashi being out against dex's Ferrothorn. Wishiwashi can't really touch Ferrothorn, so dex predicts a switch or a U-Turn by aggressively switching into Nidoking. However, scor doesn't switch or U-Turn, instead staying in and Scalding, which KOes Nidoking before its able to run through scor's team, which is a huge blow to dex's offensive pressure. While it did have huge implications, expecting scor to switch out there really wasn't a misplay on dex's part, since that's a super fair assumption to make. However, while Wishiwashi can't threaten Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn can't do much to it back other than annoy it with Leech Seed for a bit, so scor staying in and fishing for a Scald burn was a realistic possibility. Thus, with our 20/20 hindsight, the best play there would likely be to Leech Seed first, which would likely force scor to U-Turn the next turn, where dex could then switch into Nidoking. dex also could've switched into Cresselia, since Cress also walls Wishiwashi, but a Scald burn would've been annoying for it considering its limited Moonlight PP.

Dragapult comes out for dex, which forces Wishiwashi out for Goltres, who gets smacked by a Thunder on the switch. This forces Goltres to switch back out for Wishiwashi, who still takes a huge chunk from a Specs Thunder. dex sends in Cresselia as Wishiwashi Recovers the Thunder damage off. scor brings Heatran in as dex reveals that it's a Calm Mind Cresselia, which he then switches out to get a Flash Fire boost on his own Heatran off of scor's Magma Storm. scor brings Wishiwashi back out as dex gets Rocks up, though scor is able to Defog them away with Goltres a couple turns later.

After a couple turns of positioning, dex hits Goltres with a another big Thunder, though it survives thanks to some Regenerator recovery it's gotten over the course of the battle, which then forces scor to switch into Heatran. This allows both sides to get Rocks up once again, as dex switches in his own Heatran in response, and then leads to scor's Wishiwashi once again facing down dex's Ferrothorn. The former immediately U-Turns into Clefable and then double switches into the still un-Mega'd Beedrill (likely predicting Power Whip or just de-incentivizing Leech Seed) as dex gets a Spike up. With Ferrothorn some weakened, Mega Beedrill is able to Mega Evolve and pick it off with a Mud Spike.

dex sends in Cresselia, as it's his only Pokémon left that MegaBee can't OHKO, forcing scor to U-Turn into Heatran as Cress just heals off the damage with Moonlight. dex starts Calm Minding up with Cresselia as Heatran traps it with Magma Storm and then cripples it with Toxic before going down to 2 +2 Psyshocks. Even with the Toxic, Cresselia could still threaten a sweep here, but aftering pivoting through Rillaboom and taking 45% from a Moonblast, scor reveals that's his Clefable is also a Calm Mind set, which will beat Cress 1v1 because of the Toxic damage. Cresselia is able to KO Clef because of a crit on a Psyshock, but this leaves Cresselia with too little HP to survive another turn of Toxic damage, KOing it and allowing Mega Beedrill to effectively sweep through the rest of dex's team, though not before having to sack Rillaboom and Wishiwashi, giving scorbunnys and the Comrades a massive win in the finals.

Both players, both in this battle and throughout the tournament, did absolutely great, with this being one of the closest battles in the tournament. Huge shoutouts to dex for coming in as an outsider to the Pet Mods community, learning such a crazy metagame such as JolteMons, and not only performing well, but being a dominant force in the tournament. Very much hope that you stick around in the Pet Mods community, whether it's in JolteMons or elsewhere. As for scorbunnys, this is a huge win for them, as this big win comes off a just okay regular season where they had to take a break at the end. But, through a ton of grinding, they were able to get themselves a big win on a big stage, really showing that practice pays off.

As for the PMPL at-large, though the Comrades won this battle, the Union managed to tie their series at 4-4, leading to a tiebreaker. The tiebreaker set did include a JolteMons battle between dex and council member Paulluxx, but before that battle could take place, the Union managed to clinch the championship by winning the other two tiebreaker battles, giving dex and the rest of the Union the first ever Pet Mods Premier League Trophy! Huge congratulations to them!

And that's it! It was super fun running and spectating the PMPL and particularly the development of JolteMons during the course of the tournament. Partially due to the balance changes we did partway through but mostly due to the atmosphere that PMPL created, I can firmly say that JolteMons is a better tier now than it was before the tournament and that makes me extremely happy, so thank you to everyone that participated in the tournament for helping JolteMons become a better metagame!

So, what's next for JolteMons? Well, very soon, we'll release a little player survey to get opinions on a couple things we noticed during and outside PMPL and announce a few minor balance changes, both from the survey and outside it. so you can look forward to that! After that, we'll have a day or two of roomtours, then a long-awaited VR update, so be sure to keep those VR noms and meta discussion posts coming (and thanks for the ones that have already been posted btw), and then we'll move from there with more OU development, the long-planned Mega Metagross Suspect Test, and going back to developing UU!

But what about right now? Well, today, two huge updates to JolteMons happened:
-:banette-mega:The ability Counterfeit has finally been coded! This does come with some caveats, which you can see here on the JolteMons Discord, but most useful non-consumable items can be traced by the ability, making it a fun new addition to the metagame.
-:unown-question:In bigger news, JolteMons Random Battles are now live on DragonHeaven! If you just want to jump into some JolteMons madness without having to build a team, then Random Battles is the perfect place for you. Please let me know if there are any particularly bad sets or any bugs, not only to improve the format on DH, but because JolteMons Random Battles will also be on the main Pokemon Showdown server as this season's Leader's Choice! While it's not the main metagame, having JolteMons on the main server in any capacity is super exciting for us and I can't wait to see some main server JolteMons content!

That's all for now, see you soon!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Personally, I do not think every single fringe pick needs to be nominated. C ranks are supposed to be small by definition, so I woukdn't start throwing around these mons unless you have a really solid argument + replay evidence, particularly for Pokémon that where previously unranked.

Like sorry, but I do not see the value in stuff like Hoopa lol. In a metagame where Dark types and Pursuit in general are peak, why would anyone run a slow Ghost with the worst typing imaginable, when so much better options exist? Wandering Spirit alone ain't worth it.

Speaking of not ranking every single fringe pick, I think the low Bs and Cs on our current VR are a trashfire, and I would have picked at them more if any of the shitmons saw usage, but of course they didn’t because they suck. With that in mind, I’ve got a few more drop suggestions (or harsher versions of my originals), though these are almost entirely theorymonning and therefore much more subject to personal opinion, which is why they weren’t on my original list. Of course, take these with a grain of salt, but I think quite a few of these are very reasonable takes. Without further ado, I present to you

! Beaf’s UR Wishlist !

:ampharos-mega: Fabio is cool. I like Fabio. But we have so many good Electrics, and while sure, this mon is really really fat on the physical side, it also doesn’t have very many good resists. Fire resist? Cool, guess you can wall Victini or something- oh wait, that has Neuroforce Glaciate, never mind. Grass resist? So glad my Electric type resists Grass. Fabio really just doesn’t wall much of anything that other, better walls can’t also handle. The EQ weakness and inability for Fluffy to help with it just adds the final nail, and while I’m not sure this is entirely UR-worthy, it certainly is not a B-ranked mon. Big Volt Switches aren’t all that special any more.

:chesnaught: Just run Mew. Spikes-stacking builds have always struggles in HDB meta, and running a Spiker that also sucks ass just to maybe get an extra layer or two up really isn’t worth it. Other bulky Grasses have more bulk and utility, a 4x Flying weakness is godawful for a Spikes setter, and recent usage has shown that Mega Slowbro may actually be more viable than we originally thought, meaning the Prickly Coat niche on non-Spikes-stacking teams could just be filled by it instead of the nut.

:cinderace: The only reason I could ever see anyone running this over GDZ is Electro Ball, but GDZ has EQ for Pex, U-Turn for Bro, Ice Punch for Wishi (which doesn’t do a lot, but it does a hell of a lot more than a Cinderace ever could), and even sets Hail to continuously chip down defensive answers. The whole ‘but GDZ is 4x rocks-weak’ argument doesn’t even pan out since hazard damage occurs before the form change, meaning both mons are equally susceptible. This mon is probably solid in UU, just use it there.

:primarina: After the Deafening Shriek nerf, the only thing this offers over Tapu Fini is reliable recovery and Z-Move sets. Here’s the problem: Water/Fairy is a good physically defensive type. Most of the mons Fini walls are physical mons, and Primarina‘s physical bulk is shoddy at the best of times, not to mention Oceanic Operetta isn’t even all that good. Samurott is hardly enough of a threat for something like this to be viable, and if I wanted a Water/Fairy I’d just run Fini.

:runerigus: Honestly, this mon is C+. It has quite a few nice defensive features, such as safely switching in on MLop, bullying Gliscor, and walling + scaring out MMedi. However, it is a bulky Ground, of which we have many. It is hard to justify over other options on teams, and as a result has seen almost no usage. I absolutely see the vision for it but with the reception it’s getting I can’t be satisfied with its current placement.

:steelix-mega: Steel competition is too high and if I’m running Gravity I’m running HO, which is too fast-paced for a mon like Steelix to fit on (not to mention I’d prefer other Megas on those teams, namely Bee). I haven’t seen this thing in OU like, ever besides the slate it was added, and I don’t expect to in the near future. There is no world where this is ranked higher than Orbeetle.

:articuno-galar: This mon continues to unimpress. I have never used Garticuno and felt happy with my life choices. I run it on stall and I wish I’d brought MSab. I run it anywhere else and it’s deadweight. There is no positive to running this thing. It’s just a bigger Xatu, and one without Heat Wave at that. Get it out of my OU meta.

:eelektross: The only realistic niche this mon has is on Rain, and while it absolutely has a nice defensive profile for the playstyle, stacking Rain abusers that are walled by Ferro is a bad look. However, the real problem is that Rain is pretty much a solved playstyle. If you’re running Eelektross, you have to drop Manaphy, or Zapdos, or AshGren. You’re losing out on a key part of your Rain team, and Eelektross’ mediocre statline and damage output just don’t add up to something that is capable of achieving enough results to be worth it over the other, far more consistent options.

:goodra: Goobruh is cool, but it isn’t B-. Standard sets are hardwalled by Heatran, and even the rare (cooler) Curse sets struggle to slot every move they need to be effective, and often struggle to find setup opportunities in a tier full of powerful Earthquakes. Somewhere in the C ranks seems more fitting for the slug.

:decidueye: Goltres. Mon is never beating Goltres. Also the tier is too strong for it to find good setup opportunities, its lack of a Z-Crystal makes it struggle to OHKO most physical walls at +2, and it is generally unimpressive compared to other OU Ghosts. But mostly Goltres.

:kangaskhan-mega: What does this do? Like, if you’re already committing to running a Normal-type Mega with next to no defensive utility, why not just use MLop? I really don’t understand what tools this has over Lop, and Lop has quite a bit over this, so I see no reason for it to stay ranked.

:ribombee: Webs are shit, Orbeetle is the only way Webs will ever get usage, just run Orbeetle.

:chandelure: Just a reminder that this mon is hot garbage.

:reuniclus: This tier is much less friendly to Psychics than NatDex OU, and Reuniclus really isn’t very viable in Goltres meta.

:deoxys-defense: See above. Finding setup opportunities can be a pain in a meta with so many powerful Darks and Ghosts. You get up one Cosmic Power only to immediately be OHKOed by a Specs Deafening Shriek or a Banded Poltergeist. Not to mention there are quite a few faster Taunt users that can blow your plans to bits.

:gengar: What is this doing over other Ghosts? What does this provide to a team, what mons is it able to answer that NP Gourgeist or Specs Blace cannot? Maybe in Cress meta I could’ve seen a niche for this, but now that Cress is weak to Ghost again I just don’t see why this mon is ranked whatsoever.

:lumineon: Still has no utility. Still outclassed.

Additionally, after pondering my previous noms for a bit longer, I think I’ll take back my nominations for Hoopa and Umbreon. Hoopa has very little if any over other Ghosts besides Wandering Spirit, and its godawful typing + inability to break Goltres makes it not very viable, particularly when compared to Runerigus. Umbreon has Corrosion, but it still isn’t very good and is extremely passive as always, so I’d rather not rank it and give people the illusion that it’s even a somewhat viable stall pick.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mega Scizor deserves to be A+, maybe higher. I think SD + Crush Claw is incredibly dumb; it turns every interaction with the mon into a 50/50.

Idk what Manaphy is doing in B-. Cursed Belt and Coal Engine Manaphy is busted busted. Mon is at least A-

I'd bump Torkoal and Venusaur up to B-, sun is pretty good.

Last edited:
Well, very soon, we'll release a little player survey to get opinions on a couple things we noticed during and outside PMPL
Very soon is right now!

But first, I did miss a game during the finals week of PMPL. Turns out, the tiebreaker game between dex and Paulluxx was actually played! I won't go into great detail here (EDIT: you can now watch it here if you want), but basically, Paull brought a team with 3 Ice-types and dex brought a SD Crush Claw Mega Scizor, so I assume you can see what happened next. Even without Crush Claw, Scizor would've probably won the game, but Crush Claw made it a lot easier and whole lot funnier, another good win for dex to end his championship run on a high note.

Now, here's the survey!

SURVEY

This survey just asks your opinion on a couple slightly concerning things council saw during and outside of PMPL to see if they should be tweaked. We also asked if you have any suggestions for nerfs as there could be something that we missed and if enough people tell us about something (or if you provide a good enough reason), then that'll get nerfed too. We also put a question where you can suggest possible buffs to Pokemon, as I've gotten a couple decent suggestions in the past and I'd like to hear your ideas to see if we can get a couple more

The survey will tentatively run for 24 hours, longer if we need more responses

After this, we'll announce any nerfs/buffs that come as a result of the survey and a couple from outside the survey, then we'll have an OU roomtour at the end of the week and go from there

That's all, see you (maybe) tomorrow!

Last edited:
Alright, it's been more than 24 hours since the survey went live and we got 12 responses, so it's high time that we see what the results are!

Skip down to the TL;DR if you wanna see what changes are happening, both because of the survey and outside of it

Being fully transparent here, 4/12 responses to the survey came from people who haven't played JolteMons since before PMPL. However, this didn't have a significant effect on the following results

First up is nerfing Samurott, which a large majority of the voters wanted. It was also pretty clear what we should do here, with Samurott losing No Guard for Shell Armor. This will make Samurott a lot less consistent in destroying teams and makes the risk of not running White Herb greater, since you're easier to revenge kill even at full health if you miss.

Next is Coal Engine, which I expect to be a bit controversial as, while deciding whether or not it should be nerfed was a clear majority, the method was very close. After some discussion, we decided to go with Making it only boost Speed like the majority wanted, as for most Coal Engine sweepers not named Manaphy, Speed is the least threatening stat to boost. I do have concerns about this however, since for most Pokemon it's a nerf but for some it's a buff or it changes nothing, so we'll see if we have to revisit it later

Whether or not Soul Blade should be nerfed was split, but since a couple of its best users are getting nerfed and the proposed nerfs were slight anyway, we decided to keep Soul Blade as is

Lastly, we have another clear majority here, so Weavile will lose Scavenge and gain Pickpocket

Lastly, we decided to do a couple of the things suggested in the "buffs and nerfs you want to see" questions, being the following:
- Scizor will lose Crush Claw
- Smother will be buffed to 95 BP
- Tangrowth and Amoonguss will gain Rash Powder
- In addition to its current effects, Hydration will heal the user by 12.5% HP when hit by a Water move
- Galarian Articuno will gain Heat Wave

So, as a result of the survey, here's everything that's happening:
-:samurott:Samurott will lose No Guard (being replaced with Shell Armor)
-:volcarona:Coal Engine will now only boost Speed -
-:honedge:Soul Blade will remain unchanged
-:weavile:Weavile will lose Scavenge (being replaced by Pickpocket)
-:azumarill:Smother will now have 95 BP
-:tangrowth:Tangrowth and Amoonguss will now learn Rash Powder
-:phione:In addition to its current effects, Hydration will heal the user by 12.5% HP when hit by a Water move
-:articuno-galar:Galarian Articuno will gain Heat Wave

In addition, there are a couple more changes from outside the survey
-:blacephalon:Blacephalon will lose Poltergeist and Pyro Ball - While physical Blacephalon is kind of a meme, it's an extremely nasty surprise to run into against a Pokemon that you already have to be on your toes against. This makes usual counterplay to Blacephalon, like TTar, Muk-A, and Goltres (though the latter two do get 2HKO'd by Specs Fire Blast lol) a lot more consistent
-:muk:Muk will gain Stealth Rock - A suggestion brought to me a long while ago, this makes Muk a much more desirable option as a Regen pivot, as it can now really do something outside of just sitting there and taking hits, and it gives you an actual reason to use it over its Alolan brethren
-:florges:Florges and Jirachi will gain Life Dew back - In retrospect, the Life Dew distribution nerf was extremely impulsive and extremely pointless, since the best users of the move (sans Alomomola) didn't even lose it and its distribution is still bloated anyway. Thus, to we decided to give Life Dew back to some of the least deserving casualties of the distribution nerf. Florges gets its spot back as a premier UU wall in a tier that really needs it, while Jirachi becomes a decent option for a defensive Steel that has reliable recovery to boast over the usually better Ferrothorn
-:gogoat:Gogoat will gain Rototiller - Pretty pointless buff in the grand scheme of things, but like how did we miss this?

And that's all! If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, then be sure to let me or the rest of council know ASAP, since I plan on having these changes live by tomorrow morning.

After this, we'll have an OU roomtour this weekend and then a long-awaited VR update and even some UU potential changes soon. See you then!

Today's roomtour has concluded, so let's see what went down!

Tour 8 - JolteMons OU - Double Elimination - 6 Entrants
1st
: The Damned
2nd: Superior Serperior
3rd: scorbunnys
4th: Paulluxx
JolteMons OU Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Garchomp           |   11 |  61.11% |  54.55% |
| 2    | Lopunny            |    7 |  38.89% |  57.14% |
| 3    | Kyurem             |    6 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Heatran            |    5 |  27.78% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Slowbro            |    5 |  27.78% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Corviknight        |    4 |  22.22% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Moltres-Galar      |    4 |  22.22% |  25.00% |
| 6    | Kartana            |    4 |  22.22% |  25.00% |
| 9    | Weavile            |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Landorus-Therian   |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Volcarona          |    3 |  16.67% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Keldeo             |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Torkoal            |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Blacephalon        |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Venusaur           |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Articuno-Galar     |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Gardevoir          |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Volcanion          |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Terrakion          |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Tornadus-Therian   |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 12   | Orbeetle           |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Beedrill           |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Hydreigon          |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Starmie            |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Samurott           |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Tapu Koko          |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Banette            |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Celesteela         |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 12   | Tapu Fini          |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 12   | Ferrothorn         |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 12   | Buzzwole           |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Diancie            |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Clefable           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Zapdos-Galar       |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Nihilego           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Tapu Lele          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Gliscor            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Wishiwashi         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Nidoking           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Runerigus          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Magnezone          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Tangrowth          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Cinderace          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 32   | Scizor             |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Lopunny                 |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Heatran                 |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Orbeetle                |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Tapu Koko               |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Kyurem                  |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Weavile                 |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Keldeo                  |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Terrakion               |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Garchomp                |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Wishiwashi              |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Buzzwole                |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Magnezone               |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Cinderace               |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways
- This was a tournament of two halves. The first half was dominated by HO, from Sun to Screens to GravityWebs, then the second half was just fairly normal balance teams fighting balance teams. Very interesting to see, since you'd think that the fast start would lead to the entire tournament staying like that, but with 2 of those HO teams suffering decisive losses in the next rounds, it's understandable why the switches were made
- The most used mon was... Garchomp? By a huge margin? Not exactly blasphemous, but I would not have expected that
- Now that Counterfeit's been coded, someone used and actually got a sweep with Mega Banette! Too bad both times it was used it counterfeited items that were useless to it, but whatever it was still cool
- Probably the one time you'll ever see Cinderace get more usage than GDZ. It did nearly KO a Slowbro with Electro Ball, GDZ can't do that
- First Terrakion sighting in awhile and it actually put in a ton of work. Love to see it!
- Also a Runerigus sighting, it also put in work despite a loss, love that mon
- Not much else super notable really happened, just JolteMons

With that, we can move on to our long awaited VR update! We'll have a discussion for today and tomorrow (because I'm tired and busy so I'm not updating it today lol) in the #vr-suggestions channel on the JolteMons Discord, where you'll discuss the recent VR noms and anything else you'd like to see change. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the holding another weekend tour, Yoshiblaze. It was fun as usual and nice to be able to shake off at least some of my rust as well as finally test out how this new computer handles PS (while my Internet is cooperating). GGs to everyone I fought as well as Paulluxx (whom is the only person I didn't), though I do feel bad for essentially haxing the hell out of Superior Serperior in that last match; Magma Storm is such a feel bad move all-around.

I still need to do other things and format this new computer before I, inept old man that I am, try to fool around with Discord. As such, I don't have much to add to upcoming the VR shift stuff beyond saying that Articuno-Galar :articuno-galar: should maybe stay where it is right now since it literally just got Heat Wave, so dropping or raising it feels odd even though it doubtless is at least finally somewhat better now despite earl's earlier improvements, and agreeing that at the very least Lumineon :lumineon: and some other stuff (like :pyukumuku:?) that isn't Sylveon should get dropped from C-. I also agree that poor Chandelure :chandelure: should likely get dropped completely and agree with scorsbunny that Sylveon :sylveon: could probably be at least a bit higher given just how good Sparkly Swirl is for compression (when it hits). That's all I have to say for VR stuff outside of saying that Banette-Mega :banette-mega: deserves to be somewhere now that Counterfeit is thankfully coded, which is cool (and frightening), but I imagine that it getting added to the VR is inevitable anyway.

Besides that, I'm just going to post my crappy teams here for completeness sake's (and so that I don't have to save them somewhere else due to being Incognito 99% of the time). I'll just add some "brief" commentary too so people can see how bad my teambuilding is and know what not to do since both teams could doubtless be built better:

:gardevoir-mega::volcanion::weavile::terrakion::garchomp::tornadus-therian:
She Who Beyblades (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Rapid Spin

He Who Erupts (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

She Who Mauls (Weavile) (F) @ Soul Blade
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

He Who Crushes (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Concussion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Spikes

She Who Rocks (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Arid Absorption
- Stealth Rock

He Who Annoys (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

I started out team with the idea "huh, I still haven't used Gard-Mega :gardevoir-mega: yet, and Pixelate Rapid Spin seems neat. Oh, I can make a Beyblade joke too, can't I? Sold" and then trying to just support the idea of "I am inevitable" Fairy-type Rapid Spin as best I could, which led to me wanting to try out Spikes even though I suspected they still sucked in basically any Gen 8 meta--thanks, HDB, thanks so very much. This was basically confirmed by me literally never wanting to click Spikes on Terrakion in this tournament, though I only used this team twice, so that's not exactly conclusive.

Otherwise, I settled on Volcanion :volcanion: over Volcarona just because watery Volc has a lot more Defense to take on Scizor(-Mega) with and doesn't explode from Stealth Rocks as badly if it gets by Knock Off; watery Volc was also intended as a (Sun) Keldeo-check even though I'm the only person who used Keldeo in this tournament in a fit of irony. Initially this team had Buzzwole where Weavile :weavile: now is to help support checking Scizor, but eventually figured I would need more than one Knock Off user if I was really trying to focus on Spikes, so I ended up adding the still likely excellent Weavile despite its most recent nerf since I had never used Weavile before save for once or twice; I decided to go with Icicle Crash over Triple Axel since Triple Axel has hated me basically every time I've used it, regardless of mon. Terrakion :terrakion: was for additional speed control, Concussion being subtly busted, and getting Spikes among the half a dozen excellent moves it got. Garchomp :garchomp: was added somewhat reluctantly despite still being a good mon since it's unfortunately weak to Fairy, which is...not great when the best Electric mon in the tier is Tapu Koko (and when Specs Zeraora is pretty decent) but being bulky with recovery and Stealth Rock won out for it; Dragon Tail was both for Spikes and for being paranoid about Balloon Heatran even though I don't think I've seen anyone use Balloon Heatran in Joltemons ever so far. And finally Tornadus-Therian :tornadus-therian: was chosen as my initial Knock Off user since Regenerator is actually busted, but I still refuse to sink down to use Toxapex as a Regenerator Knock Off mon since I have some pride, thank you; I decided to be (even more) stupid and go with Assault Vest as an added Keldeo check (and, I guess, accidental Samurott check which ended up saving me) since Regenerator is broken enough to outpace Stealth Rocks anyway, which is also part of why I went Air Slash instead of Hurricane given Hurricane is only an abysmal 50% in Sun. (Which reminds me that Sludge Bomb is there over Sludge Wave on Volcanion solely for the Poison chance and because literally no uses Kommo-o in this OU meta, though Sludge Wave is doubtless better overall.)

As proven in the game where I haxed Superior Serperior into oblivion, Heatran is still amusingly a bit of a pain in the ass for this team despite both Terrakion and Garchomp dealing with it, in part because Terrakion can't really safely switch in to its coverage (or in the universe where it still uses Lava Plume...or its Steel STAB far more regularly). I'm sure there are more than a few other mons that vex the current version of it too, like maybe Slowbro when Weavile isn't critting a non-Colbur Berry version of it.

:keldeo::torkoal::blacephalon::venusaur::articuno-galar::diancie-mega:
DEATH PONY!!!! (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vapor Control
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn
- Aurora Beam

Famine (Torkoal) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Arid Absorption

War (Blacephalon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Pestilence (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Growth

Sin (Articuno-Galar) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Freezing Glare
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Recover

Temptation (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 124 Atk / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power

{The other, Lopunny-Mega :lopunny-mega: version of this team that's both probably inferior and also the first time I've used Lopunny-Mega all of Gen 8 is basically the exact same except that Torkoal :torkoal: has Rapid Spin instead of Arid Absorption, though I'm still vaguely considering Earth Power or Scorching Sands like before due to Blacephalon's existence.}

This was basically just me making a lazy Sun team in like five minutes after realizing I only had basically that little time until the tour started and since I didn't want to overthink yet another team like I did the above team with Gard-Mega and basically everything else. As a Sun team, the first four mons (Keldeo :keldeo:, Torkoal :torkoal:, Blace :blacephalon:, and Venusaur :venusaur:) after pretty self-explanatory, so all I'll say about any of them is that I was vaguely considering Beast Boost over Regenerator on Blace but decided to just go with Regenerator still since that ability is just so busted; despite that, I choose to go with Overheat over Mind Blown still, as tempting as it was; I could see putting Mind Blown over Fire Blast though, hilariously.

As for the other two, well Articuno-Galar :articuno-galar: (finally) having something to hit Steels with in the form of Heat Wave meant that a Sun team seemed the most obvious place to try it first (even though I literally never got to click Heat Wave), especially due to Sun's mons appreciating its Magic Bounce the most. To that end, it seemed obvious to also give Diancie-Mega :diancie-mega: a try over Lopunny-Mega for the same reasons (Magic Bounce and Fire coverage in Mystical Fire) with half of the team already dealing with Scizor(-Mega) well even without Sun being up. It also helps that I have a weird soft spot for Diancie(-Mega) despite hating diamonds in real life and hating that it otherwise just causes Carbink to exist as a pointless mon. I think Diancie-Mega is probably fine in OU overall, though I agree with the general assessment that it's rather difficult to put on teams even before Scizor(-Mega) and Lopunny-Mega being rather common. Oh well.

P.S. I'm so rusty that I didn't even remember what Smother did until after I came back from my walk and started watching the other replays. I also was so rusty that when I was searching for a Spikes user at noon, I was again surprised that Centiskorch doesn't have them while Terrakion does now. I still have to get used to that crushing Centiskorch-based disappointment, though it is at least somewhat mitigated by Gogoat finally getting Rototiller like I thought we already gave that poor mon forever ago.

I look forward to the next tour.

Last edited:
After going through a ton of VR noms, we finally have our long awaited VR update!

:Clefable: A -> A+
:Beedrill-Mega: B+ -> A-
:Sylveon: C- -> C+
:Gourgeist: (Small) A -> B+
:Empoleon: A -> C
:Cresselia: A -> A-
:Celesteela: A -> A-
:Diancie-Mega: B+ -> B
:Cinderace: B -> C
:Regigigas: B- -> B
:Mesprit: C+ -> C
:Lucario-Mega: B -> B-
:Primarina: B -> UR
:Steelix-Mega: B- -> UR
:Jirachi: B- -> C+
:Alomomola: B+ -> B
:Heatran: A+ -> S
:Arctozolt:/:Ninetales-Alola: B -> B+
:Manaphy: B- -> B+
:Torkoal:/:Venusaur:/:Keldeo: C+ -> B-
:Greninja: C -> B-
:Greninja-Ash: A+ -> A
:Blissey: A- -> B+
:Chesnaught: B -> UR
:Buzzwole: B+ -> A-
:Politoed: B -> UR
:Chandelure: C -> UR
:Lumineon: C- -> UR
:Samurott: UR -> B-
:Regieleki: UR -> B-
:Darmanitan-Galar-Zen: A+ -> A
:Dragonite: UR -> B-
:Sceptile-Mega: UR -> B-
:Orbeetle: UR -> C+
:Wormadam-Sandy: UR -> C
:Tapu Fini: A+ -> A
:Ampharos-Mega: B -> C
:Dracozolt: C- -> C
:Eelektross: B- -> UR
:Goodra: B- -> C+
:Decidueye: C+ -> UR
:Kangaskhan-Mega: C+ -> UR
:Haxorus: C- -> UR
:Ribombee: C+ -> UR
:Reuniclus: C -> UR
:Deoxys-Defense: C- -> UR
:Gengar: C- -> UR
:Weavile: S- to A+
:Marowak: C -> C-

If you don't want to comb through that big list the spoiler, then you can just look at this Tier Maker Visualization

If you have any objections, then please let me know ASAP! before I update the entire VR post and then have to move around 30 things

Since our banlist for UU is based on the VR, this comes with a couple tier shifts. Every possible rise and drop occurred, but do note that these weren't automatic and had to be approved before happening. With this, we also decided to do a couple quickbans in UU while we're at it, as the 4 Pokémon being quickbanned have been constant issues for the tier
From VR Shifts
:Alomomola: OU -> UU
:Empoleon: OU -> UU
:Manaphy: UU -> OU
:Arctozolt: UUBL (technically UU because of coding error) -> OU
:Ninetales-Alola: UU -> OU

Quickbans
:Hydreigon: UU -> UUBL
:Latios: UU -> UUBL
:Gengar: UU -> UUBL
:Charizard-Mega-X: UU -> UUBL

Lastly, one quick change to a recently buffed move, as the buff to Smother has been been pretty unpopular and we got a suggestion that's way more intuitive than just a better Play Rough, so Smother will be changed to the following:
- 65 BP, 1.5x if the user moves first (includes if the target switched out a la Bolt Beak), still applies the Quash effect

And that's all! This week we'll likely have another OU Roomtour this week and then next week might be the Mega Metagross Suspect Test if we're still doing that.

See you then!

Thanks for the timely VR update, Yoshiblaze. I have no disagreements with the changes (and am likely the last person who should anyway), though I will admit that I'm surprised that Banette-Mega isn't on it at all still and that Marowak somehow survived. Still, it makes sense for the former to not be on it yet given Counterfeit just got coded to actually work (good job on that again), and the latter still being on there gives me more incentive to want to test it out in OU eventually even if it's still basically "put this on Trick Room or don't use it at all" mon.

As such, I am posting more because I had to edit in Garchomp's sprite correctly due a stupid semicolon error I missed until you posted out of my usual ennui and tendency to want to order things I can actually control, I decided to order the newest VR ranking to make just a bit easier to read. It's probably too late to be of any help to you Yoshi, which is typical for me (sorry), but I figured it might be a bit easier to read overall if ordered by rank and by alphabet, with a few comments for the things I could actually comment on that are easy to delete if necessary. It's also appropriate since I reordered this while watching a video in part about content theft:

THE NEWLY MADE MONS (A.K.A. THE NOW RANKED GANG):
[all of these rose in ranking...obviously]
(rose to B- rank)
:Dragonite: UR -> B-
:Regieleki: UR -> B-
:Samurott: UR -> B-
:Sceptile-Mega: UR -> B-

(rose to C+ rank)
:Orbeetle: UR -> C+

(rose to C rank)
:Wormadam-Sandy: UR -> C

THE NEWLY S RANKED GANG:
(S rank)
:Heatran: A+ -> S [rose]

THE NEWLY A RANKED GANG:
(A+ rank)
:Clefable: A -> A+ [rose]
:Weavile: S- to A+ [dropped (due to losing Scavenge in most recent nerfs)]

(A rank)
:Darmanitan-Galar-Zen: A+ -> A [dropped]
:Greninja-Ash: A+ -> A [dropped; noting that regular Greninja is ranked separate from this]
:Tapu Fini: A+ -> A [dropped]

(A- rank)
:Beedrill-Mega: B+ -> A- [rose]
:Buzzwole: B+ -> A- [rose]
:Celesteela: A -> A- [dropped]
:Cresselia: A -> A- [dropped (due to gaining back Psychic typing in previous nerfs)]

THE NEWLY B RANKED GANG:
(B+ rank)
:Arctozolt:/:Ninetales-Alola: B -> B+ [rose]
:Blissey: A- -> B+ [dropped]
:Gourgeist: (Small) A -> B+ [dropped (because of Deafening Shriek nerf)]
:Manaphy: B- -> B+ [rose]

(B rank)
:Alomomola: B+ -> B [dropped (like it deserves) [/Alomomola-hater, Regenerator-hater]]
:Diancie-Mega: B+ -> B [dropped]
:Regigigas: B- -> B [rose]

(B- rank)
:Greninja: C -> B- [dropped; noting (again) this is only regular Greninja]
:Lucario-Mega: B -> B- [dropped (?!)]
:Torkoal:/:Venusaur:/:Keldeo: C+ -> B- [rose (like the Sun! Praise the Sun!)]

THE NEWLY C RANKED GANG:
(C+ rank)
:Goodra: B- -> C+ [dropped]
:Jirachi: B- -> C+ [dropped]
:Sylveon: C- -> C+ [rose]

(C rank)
:Ampharos-Mega: B -> C [dropped]
:Cinderace: B -> C [dropped]
:Dracozolt: C- -> C [rose]
:Empoleon: A -> C [dropped (massively due to losing Unimpressed and becoming able to actually die)]
:Mesprit: C+ -> C [dropped]

(C- rank)
:Marowak: C -> C- [dropped but hanging on (somehow)]

THE NEWLY UNRANKED GANG:
[all of these dropped in ranking...obviously]
(booted from B rank)
:Chesnaught: B -> UR
:Politoed: B -> UR [just use Pelipper]
:Primarina: B -> UR [primarily because of the Deafening Shriek nerf]

(booted from B- rank)
:Eelektross: B- -> UR
:Steelix-Mega: B- -> UR [Orbeetle took its job; Ribombee and Steelix-Mega are currently reenacting a particular South Park meme]

(booted from C+ rank)
:Decidueye: C+ -> UR [in part because it lost access to its Z-move ages ago]
:Kangaskhan-Mega: C+ -> UR [just use Lopunny-Mega]
:Ribombee: C+ -> UR [Orbeetle took its job; Ribombee and Steelix-Mega are currently reenacting a particular South Park meme]

(booted from C rank)
:Chandelure: C -> UR [even with its new, laxer Merciless ability, Blacephalon remained so much stronger than it that it's pointless to use in OU even before the Regenerator buff to Blace as well as the other issues that Chandelure had, like its (much) lower Speed]
:Reuniclus: C -> UR

(booted from C- rank)
:Deoxys-Defense: C- -> UR
:Gengar: C- -> UR
:Haxorus: C- -> UR
:Lumineon: C- -> UR

Now to finally start in on the Regional Evolutions stuff I promised weeks again before more computer and Internet issues. [/Procrastinator Supreme]

Two Announcements!

First, this weekend's roomtour will be tomorrow at 4 PM EST! (A little less than 22 hours from now)

Secondly, I am proud to announce that we now have a competitive council! This council will help me with tiering, VR changes, and balance changes as we continue to develop OU and later lower tiers.

I am still waiting for one member to accept their invite to the council, but I can still announce the other two new members of the competitive council:
:xurkitree:earl:xurkitree:
:chandelure:G-Luke:chandelure:

That's all for now, see you tomorrow!

Another week another roomtour! Let's see what went down

Tour 9 - JolteMons OU - Double Round Robin - 3 Entrants
1st
: Superior Serperior
1st: Yoshiblaze
3rd: The Damned
JolteMons OU Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Kyurem             |    5 |  41.67% |  80.00% |
| 1    | Garchomp           |    5 |  41.67% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Lopunny            |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Heatran            |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Slowbro            |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Corviknight        |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 3    | Beedrill           |    4 |  33.33% |  25.00% |
| 8    | Tapu Koko          |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Runerigus          |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Zeraora            |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Tapu Lele          |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Terrakion          |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Moltres-Galar      |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Empoleon           |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Rotom-Wash         |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Pelipper           |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Swampert           |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Manaphy            |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Ferrothorn         |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Tornadus-Therian   |    2 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Breloom            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Magnezone          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Clefable           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Gliscor            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Jirachi            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Zapdos-Galar       |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Serperior          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Gyarados           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Hawlucha           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Mesprit            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Mew                |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Xurkitree          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 21   | Dragonite          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Melmetal           |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 21   | Tapu Fini          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Slowbro                 |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Beedrill                |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Kyurem                  |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Jirachi                 |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Mew                     |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Terrakion               |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Pelipper                |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Tapu Koko               |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Zeraora                 |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Heatran                 |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
- Kyurem being #1 in usage and Garchomp being #1 in usage for the second roomtour in a row would be notable, but 4 of those uses for each came from the same team so it's misleading. Both Pokemon are still very good of course, especially Kyurem
- Most of the Pokemon that had 4 uses were on the same time, but it's worth noting that the Beedrill usage actually came from 3 different teams used by 2 different people, really showing how easy to use it is, especially since only one of those teams had (ultimately useless) Magnezone support
- This tournament didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know, battles kinda just happened
- Serperior was used once but it wasn't by Superior Serperior, ironic
- Some rarely seen Pokemon were used, with ones having notable performances being Breloom, who did some nice mid-game breaking in its battle, Runerigus, who had a mixed bag of 1 very good game and 1 very bad one, and especially Xurkitree, who got a sweep with a Blunder Policy set and a little luck

And that's it! We'll some announcements on what we'll do next week coming tomorrow or sooner, so stay tuned for that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)