Jarooda and Infernapes' Aggression

This team has been doing the best of any teams i have previously used, but it still has trouble at times. It simple annihilates rain and sand teams, but struggles against Sun teams, namely Venusaur. Please help and give suggestions. Thank you. (Sorry no pics)

Jarooda (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Perversity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Rest

I lead with this annoying beast in order to shut down those copycat Sand/Rain teams, and because once he gets going he can sweep whole teams. If the going gets tough i switch to Heatran or Kingdra, depending on the situation. Most of the time, I use just Leaf Storm and see how many pokes i can kill. Usually can kill at least two. Also Scarf protects him from Ditto.

Mamoswine (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This is my baby. Straight love him. With him I can set up SR,kill dragons,kill those pesky focus band Pokemon who have 1hp and +2 spd. Ice Shard also is great against already weakened Dragons later in the battle. I use thick fat so I can still take out Fire Pokemon with him. Ice Shard also helps with Glizcor.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape is my star attacker. Close Combat 2HKOs most Blisseys, while Grass Knot takes care of Swampert. HP Ice is for Dragons and Flying Types. He is pretty useful at taking out at least 2 or 3 Pokemon a battle. I think he is pretty much perfect for what he does.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- AncientPower/U-Turn

- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I like him bulky and to combat those ground types. IMO Zapdos is one of the best Electric Pokemon in the game. I would like some help on his move set though. Please suggest.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf makes him faster than most Pokemon and he is very strong as a special sweeper. Explosion is a last ditch move vs Blissey. HP Ice is self explanatory, as is the rest of his move set.

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Waterfall

Kingdra with his 252 Spd Evs is always faster than the other Kingdras i come across. Outrage OHKOs 99% of the kingdras i come across, and after a Dragon Dance I can usually kill 3 or 4 Pokemon in a row before succumbing to confusion.

Well this is my team and please rate it and give your opinion. Thank you.

Lemon :pimp:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jaroda lead is really interesting. At first, I didn't like the notion of a lead with no taunt, no setup, no priority . . . but considering common leads in Dream World, I would actually say quite a few must be really unprepared for this. It is certainly interesting.

This will probably be a recurring theme for many teams for a while, but the simple fact is that you have no way of dealing with Darkrai, lead or otherwise. Especially Scarf-Darkrai, who simply outruns and sleeps your Jaroda. There is also the simple matter that the first initial leaf storm is not that strong.

While I think it is an interesting concept, I can't help but feel Lum Technician Breloom might do the job better-- undeniably destroying Tyranitar and Politoed as well as defeating Darkrai. It also packs Spore and a super powerful Technician Mach Punch, both great assets in the lead position.

On a quick note, Explosion Heatran is terrible overall, because Explosion got its power halved (it doesn't drop enemy defenses anymore). If you are really set on using Scarfran, may I recommend Dragon Pulse over Explosion, and going with a different Hidden Power (Electric or Grass)? Timid of course.

With Heatran on the team, I see little reason to use Infernape. With Zapdos in the wings too, this team is very strong against pokemon like Skarmory or Forretress. I think you can switch Infernape for Kerudio and still be good against Nattorei. Kerudio gets the same speed, more bulk and more power. Rather than Blaziken, I think its this little pony that has seized Infernape's former nitch is premier mix-sweeper (thanks to Mystery Sword). Water is a better primary STAB than fire is.

Breloom/Kerudio would also bring a much needed rock resist into the picture . . .

For your Zapdos, which you want help on, I suggest Hidden Power Ice, because it deals with dragons better.
Volt Change>U-Turn because of your nature
I think Ominous Wind is better than Ancientpower, it hurts the fighting types more.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Chou on the fact that Infernape can be replaced and that Heatran should not be using Explosion anymore. I also think that Jaroda would work better as a mid-late game sweeper.

On Zapdos, Volt Change will normally be preferred as it gets STAB and uses Zapdos's better offensive stat. Also a small little thing, but for Zapdos you should run a Bold Nature with 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD. It will give you the same HP and Def stats, while giving you 1 greater SpD stat then the spread you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)