Ive hit a wall with this team, so looking for any improvements

Here is a pokepaste of the team, if that is easier to see than me typing it all out. https://pokepast.es/17078f33173b409e

I started the team out wanting to build around an offensive core of Darkrai and Iron Valiant. So that was the starting point and 2 mons I want to keep. I tried to build a team around having one of those be my win con.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

This was the first addition to the team and the staring point for my build. With a great speed and strong coverage moves I think Darkrai can be a great win con. I added dark pulse for STAB, focus blast so I am not set up fodder for a kingambit, and then sludge bomb to help hit fairy types. Tera poison to help resist fairy and fighting as well as buff to sludge bomb.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Spirit Break

Val was the next mon I added to the team and what I think is a strong offensive duo with Darkrai. I ended up with a physical set here to pair with Darkrai, I like the swords dance because Val can come in and force switches and then becomes a scary late game sweeper with the speed boost from booster energy. Encore is great to lock more passive pokemon into something that valiant can then abuse, CC and spirit break are just great STAB. I elected to go with no knock off because I ended up adding weavile who has knock off. Tera steel to help against fairy and poison types.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast

Next up I wanted to give myself someone who resists fairy as both Valiant and Darkrai are weak to fairy. I am a sucker for volcarona so its always an easy mon for me to add. I decided on a bulky Quiver Dance set here to try and make my team a little fatter. I felt like this spread would make volcarona a good def/pivot type of mon who could come in a threaten a nice range of mons. I went tera dragon because of the resistance to the normal weakness of volcarona. Fiery dance was picked for a string STAB and the chance to get a spa buff. Tera blast to hit any mon that resists fire.

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Noise

Primarina seemed like a great partner for volcarona to form a nice bulky duo. I went with the AV because I built the volcarona more defensive. Surf and Moonblast are great STAB, psychic noise helps with more stall type mons, and then flip turn for momentum. Tera steel will help with poison and steel.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Next I wanted to add another breaker to the team. With both Volcarona and Primarina both being special I wanted a good physical mon and weaville seemed like a good fit to me. Since I already have 3 mons who can set up I decided to just go 4 attacks here for weaville. Ice shard is priority, Triple axel and knock off are great STAB, and low kick helps the steel types. Tera Ice was picked to give a boost to ice shard.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

Lastly I added Deoxys. This team seemed to turn more offensive so I wanted to get up hazards, and try and prevent them if possible. This basically is just a suicide lead. Stealth rocks and taunt to try and set up and prevent hazards. Skill swap for hatterne and gliscor. The psycho boost so it can have some offense.

I am open to any suggestions that you might have! Thank you for looking at my team!

Nice team looking so far! But your team is weak to electric type like Raging Bolt, most common electric type in OU. You don't have a switch in to that mon. Deoxys-Speed will be a set up fodder. And you don't have hazard control. So here is the mon to replace Deoxys-Speed :

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy/Leftovers/Eject Button/Assault Vest
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock/Volt Switch/Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Iron Head/Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Run Knock Off with AV if you don't need rocks. Leftovers for some recovery while switch in and back. After you set up rocks, Eject Button can help you switch back to other mon more easily. Booster Energy help Iron Tread out speed other mons, such as non boost Iron Treads. You can run Ice spinner if you want a Ice move.

Iron Treads @ Assault Vest/Booster Energy/Leftovers/Eject Button
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock/Volt Switch
- Steel Beam/Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin

Same thing here, run Volt Switch with AV. I don't suggest Steel Beam, but people are using it. Steel Beam is a good option if you need a lead can set up rocks and do some damage.

Don't run Max Hp on Deoxys-Speed with sash. If you want keep Deoxys-Speed on your team, here is three sample set:

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower

My favor set. Ice Beam OHKO Gliscor and Landorus-Therian. Psycho Boost OHKO Cinderace. Superpower OHKO Kingambit and Meowscarada if they think they are safe. Tera Ghost for spinner.

Deoxys-Speed @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost/Skill Swap

The more hazard set... Choose one from Psycho Boost/Skill Swap.

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost

The Screen set. Tera dark for Prankster Taunt.

All options work. Hope this helps!

Wow! Thank you for this info, I’ll give the iron treads set a shot.
If I run the physical treads set, do you think I should switch valiant to special?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)