It's Gettin' Hot In Here..

Hello all! Today I have for you my first 5th gen RMT. This is my second team in general, and my last was a 4th gen UU stall team, so my experience with EV spreads is minimal to say the least. I have fun with this team, running some original (at least I think) sets. The central idea of this team is to get up Sunny Day, eventually bring in Claw Sharpen Hahakomori, possibly Baton Pass to Roobushin, and sweep with either Grass Whistle Leaf Blades or Dynamic Punch. I could really use some help with checking certain threats, but more importantly, making sure these EV spreads aren't ridiculous. Fire and Grass types cover eachother's weaknesses nicely, but maybe two psychic types is too weak to bug moves.. U-tell me.
Please note that Hahakomori and Exeggutor are my favorite pokemon and they are not going anywhere, but other than that, all suggestions are welcome.

SunnyDelight (Ninetales) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drought
EVs: 255 HP / 208 Def / 44 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Psycho Shock

Depending on weather or not the opponent has a Rain Dance/Sandstorm/Hail team, I either lead with Ninetales or Exeggutor. She is wearing some neat glasses so that flamethrower can burn things better. Mandatory solarbeam, psycho shock for Roobushin, hp fighting for Tyranitar (even though i have Roobushin). As I mentioned earlier, EV spreads confuse me but I want Nintales to be able to take a few hits because it may take a while for me to kill Politoeds, Hippodons, and Snovers. Defense EVs are nice to have when your team is U-Turn weak.

Chloro Phil (Exeggutor) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
Wood Hammer
AncientPower
Rest
Curse

Harvest Lum Berry is always fun, especially when paired with curse. If Rain Dance is detected, I lead with Eggy and take Poli out with a Wood Hammer. Fire Moths are always a huge problem for me; if there were a place for stealth rocks on my team I would be glad to replace someone, but for now I just try to suprise them with Ancient Power. This really does not work because by the time i use it they have been already been dancing up a storm, and Exeggutor is 4x weak to bug. Phil actually only pretends to be female to trick anyone using attract. Misleading nickname because I'm a douche.

Dr. Clumps (Slowbro) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trick
Psychic
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Is it bad that I have three Choice items, two Specs, on this team? I feel like it works alright because my HahaBushin(tm) combo is physical. Defense EVs because it's a Slowbro, Flamethrower because Surf is weak in the sun, Ice Beam for silly dragons who want to set up in the doctor's face, and Trick because it just seemed like a good idea.

Katy Perry (Hahakomori) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Leaf Blade
Baton Pass
Claw Sharpen
GrassWhistle

Hahakomori is easily my favorite 5th gen poke and not a bad battler, either. Generally needs two Claw Sharpens to succeed, but it can fair reasonably well with just one. Defense EVs to get the required stats for Grass Whistle pwnage, but no speed EVs... should i sacrifice bulk to outspeed any particular pokemon? (It does have Chlorophyl) If the time is right, Haha can now Baton Pass the stat boosts to...

Pillar Bill (Roobushin) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 212 HP / 108 Atk / 28 Def / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Drain Punch
Payback
Mach Punch
DynamicPunch

...this guy. This Roobushin is a pretty standard Roobushin, but it's a Roobushin so it does what is wants. Dynamic Punch over Bulk-Up because it is intended to recieve Claw Sharpens, and a couple defense EVs because no Bulk-Up. Iron fist over Guts because three punching moves.

Lights Out (Shandera) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Shadow Ball
Curse
Standard (i think?) revenge killer Shandera. 4th move is pretty flexible, but I tend to use Curse on certain things like the damn fire moth that I know my team will be swept by. Flash Fire so that the boosted power of fire moves that the Sun brings isn't used to Hahakomori or Exeggutor's disadvantage.

I want to make a formal appology for using the word "Pwnage." I accidentally deleted this entire thing once and was not very excited to type it all out again. Please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

This... is a weird team. You say sevreal things are standard and yet you make some choices I've NEVER even seen suggested before.

For Ninetails. First off, if you're going to be using Specs then you need the Speed and SpA EVs. If you value Ninetail7s survival however, and you should, then Specs is not the item for you. Focus Sash is probably better and a few annoyance moves like WoW wouldn't hurt.

This is DW and you're not using Regeneration on Slowbro? Or is that just a mistake? Regeneration is one of the biggest boons to a Choice set on Slowbro and admittedly works really well and again, if you're going to use Specs than you want SpA EVs, possibly even Modest. Bold is fine if you want a wall but it's counterintuitive with the role you're giving Slowbro.

If you're running a sun team why don't you have Chlorophyl On Exeggutor? Then again, I really think you should scrap Exeggutor altogether and go for Venusaur, the new king of Sunny Day teams. He gets Chlorophyll and Growth in the sun raises both offensive stats by 2. Frankly you'd be a fool not to use one on a sun team. It's like running Sand and no Doryuzuu or Rain without Kingdra or Ludicolo.

And yeah, your Roopushin is anything but standard as you never see anybody bring up Dynamic Punch. BPing Claw Sharpen is interesting to say the least but because it's SO innacurate I say use Zoom Lens to further boost accuracy by 20% when you're slower, and you will be. If you're going to be relying on Dynamic Punch you better do all you can to ensure it hits. This also allows for very safe usage of Stone Edge which will be accurate now.

And who uses Curse? Why not just use HP Rock if you have Ulgamoth problems? OHKO easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)