Itemized {Slate 10 Voting!! - Milotic, Snorlax, Skarmory Lines}

Approved by G-Luke
Screenshot 2018-06-16 at 3.05.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-06-16 at 3.04.13 PM.png

Look at these two. Don't they look so cool? Well, that's all because of their signature item. Throughout multiple generations of Pokemon, these two have carved out a niche in their tiers with their signature items - Thick Club and Light Ball. Well, actually, not so much for Pikachu. Other Pokemon or lines of Pokemon have signature items too, but most have been deprived of a truly awesome tool that could make them a real threat in today's metagame. Shouldn't all Pokemon get a signature item? Well, that is what this Pet Mod sets out to do.
Rules
This meta is largely OU based, but some things may be unbanned in the future. Here are the full details regarding the creation of these items

What The Items Could Do:
  • Increase stats
  • Buff moves (increasing damage, increasing secondary effect chance, increasing accuracy, making moves super-effective against types they are normally neutral against, etc.)
  • Increase accuracy
  • Increase critical hit rate
  • Provide resistances to certain types
  • Provide more synergy with certain abilities (can only be done if all Pokemon in the evolutionary line share that ability - for example, for the Diglett/Dugtrio line, increasing accuracy in a sandstorm to couple with the increased damage from Sand Force or increased evasion from Sand Veil)
  • Provide occasional occurrences (like how Quick Claw occasionally allows you to move first)
  • Counter certain moves or effects (like how Safety Goggles blocks weather damage and powder moves or how Shed Shell allows trapped users to switch out)
  • Any other creative (but balanced!) effects people can come up with
What the Items Can't Do:
  • Adding abilities or moves
  • Adding new immunities (No making a Fire-type Pokemon immune to Water!!)
  • Directly imitating abilities (Just to avoid infringing on Power Items)
  • Adding evasion
  • Adding alternate forms
  • Adding or removing a secondary type
What the Items Might Be Able To Do:
Nothing for Now!

Questions
Will Pokemon with Split Evolutions Get Multiple Items?: In most situations, no, split evolutions will not get multiple items
What about Eeveeloutions, Arceus, and Silvally?: Yes, each Eeveeloution will get its own item. Arceus and Silvally should have similar items that determine what type they are
Alolan Formes?: I'm open to doing this either way. Feel free to discuss this at any time.
Will Legendaries/Ultra Beasts get items?: Legendaries definatly won't, but Ultra Beasts do.

Council
InfernoDragon218
Brodaha
Yung Dramps
(VM or PM me to Apply! I really suck at coding, so someone with experience at that would be great. I'm thinking a 5 person council)

Slates
Submissions

2 or 3 evolutionary lines will be selected for each slate. Submissions will last for anywhere from 4 days to one week. You can only submit one item for each evolutionary line.
Feel free to submit slate ideas at any time :)
Voting
Voting will be a pretty standard voting system. You may vote for up to three items for each line, your first choice getting 3 points, your second 2, and your third 1. You can vote for yourself, but not as your first choice. Voting will last 3-4 days
Balancing/Discussion
Every now and then, we will go into a discussion slate to balance issues, discuss possible changes like allowing evasion-boosting items, or anything else. These will go on as long as they need to.

Attachments

Last edited:
Current Slate (Voting)
Trapping
The final evolutions of these lines are powerful OU trappers
Scizor Line, Weavile Line, Magnezone Line

Remember to take the tier of the Pokemon into account! Also, Scizor would be forgoing its incredible mega evolution for this item, so it needs to be worth it

Voting ends Sunday 9/16

Last edited:
Hall of Fame
Brodaha, Leonard (from big bang theory) - 4 wins
Gravity Monkey - 3 wins
Yung Dramps - 2 wins
Mygavolt, Origin0, Shoopz_Wisper - 1 win

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Burning Torch - Boosts Fire-type attacks in direct proportion to the holder's remaining HP. Multiplier ranges from 1.5 (max HP) to 1 (1 HP).

Fragrant Seed - Makes the holder's moves 120% accurate in sun or Grassy Terrain. (Does not stack.)

Shell Wax - Holder takes 0.8* damage from contact moves.

I hope I'm doing this right.

Ablaze Heart

User's Attack and Speed are increased by 20% if at maximum happiness.

Vivid Heart

User's Defense and Special Defense are increased by 20% if at maximum happiness.

Placid Heart

User's Special Attack and Speed are increased by 20% if at maximum happiness.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Tropical Bulb — Upon having a stat decreased, harsh sunlight is summoned for 5 turns and this item is consumed.

Counter-Cannon — Upon receiving direct damage, the damage this pokemon should have taken is inflicted on the move's user, breaking this item.

I guess I'm not doing items Charmander and friends.

Last edited:

Kantonese Rosebush - This Pokemon's Grass-type moves do 33.3% more damage and lower the target's Evasion by 1

Kantonese Firewood - This Pokemon's Fire-type moves do 33.3% more damage and burn the opponent

Kantonese Fresh Water - This Pokemon's Water-type moves do 33.3% more damage and heal the user by 33.3% of the damage dealt

Kantonese Rosebush - This Pokemon's Grass-type moves do 33.3% more damage and contact moves used against this Pokemon deal 12.5% to the user

Kantonese Firewood - This Pokemon's Fire-type moves do 33.3% more damage and contact moves used against this Pokemon have a 12.5% chance to burn the user

Bulbasaur line:

Bulb Fertiliser: While under Sun, holder’s Special moves are boosted 50% and it recovers health as if it was carrying leftovers.

Charmander line:

Tail Fuel: User’s Fire attacks become super effective against Rock and they double in power against any Pokémon with a higher Attack or Special Attack than the holder.

Squirtle line:

Tank Polish: The holder’s Water attacks become super effective against Steel and raise the holder’s Defense one stage.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Incandescent Tail: Makes Blaze active at all times. User's Fire moves have a 50% chance to burn.

Magnificent Petal: Makes Overgrow active at all times. User's Grass moves drain the foe's HP by 50% of damage dealt.

Typhoon Cannon: Makes Torrent active at all times. User's Water moves hit adjacent foes in Doubles without the multi-hit power reduction.

As for the "What Items Might Be Able To Do" secton...

-I think items could add evasion (Bright Powder is a thing), but it would have to be restricted somehow from combining the evasion boosts with other strong effects. Perhaps put a cap on how much you can raise Evasion, and/or only allow evasion-boosting items to boost evasion and nothing more.
-I don't think items should allow type changes. Like how items can't add abilities as not to infringe on Power Items, items shouldn't be able to add types as not to infringe on Accessorize.

Last edited:

Incandescent Tail: Makes Blaze active at all times. All Fire moves have a 50% chance to burn.

Magnificent Petal: Makes Overgrow active at all times. All Grass moves drain the foe's HP by 50% of damage dealt.

Typhoon Cannon: Makes Torrent active at all times. All Water moves hit adjacent foes in Doubles without the multi-hit power reduction.
One other thing I should have specified - Item effects must be user-specific - for example, an item can have these effects for the holder's fire, water, or grass attacks, but not for every fire, water, or grass attack

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
One other thing I should have specified - Item effects must be user-specific - for example, an item can have these effects for the holder's fire, water, or grass attacks, but not for every fire, water, or grass attack
Oh. Never intended it to work that way anyway. Fixed the wording.

Tail Guard: If held by a Charmander, Charmeleon, or Charizard, ignore fire type when switching in. InfernoDragon218 Is this legal because it only removes fire when switching in?

Shell Kit: If held by a Squirtle, Wartortle, or Blastoise, restore 1/8 of maximum HP every turn.
Code:
"shellkit": {
        id: "shellkit",
        name: "Shell Kit",
        spritenum: 1000,
        fling: {
            basePower: 50,
        },
        onResidualOrder: 5,
        onResidualSubOrder: 2,
        onResidual: function (pokemon) {
            if (this.isTerrain('grassyterrain')) return;
            this.heal(pokemon.maxhp / 8);
        },
        onTerrain: function (pokemon) {
            if (!this.isTerrain('grassyterrain')) return;
            this.heal(pokemon.maxhp / 8);
        },
        num: 1000,
        gen: 7,
        desc: "If in Squirtle line, restore 1/8 of max health at the end of each turn..",
    },

Potted Plant: If held by a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur, multiply SpA by 1.33x in sun and grassy terrain. Stackable.

Last edited:
Announcement

First, I am moving up the submission deadline to Tomorrow at 9 EST. This is because I am going to be very busy on Sunday and Monday and putting the submission deadline then would mean voting would end around then.

Also, the plan is to make a decision regarding evasion-boosting items by the end of voting, so make sure to discuss that along with your submission/votes if you want to. The council will be making the final decision on that topic, but your input will be taken into account.

On that note, I am currently the only council member. It would be great to get some applications so I don't have to make that choice on my own.

Sorry for the quadruple post, but Submissions are now closed and Voting is open. Voting will close midday Saturday.
Thanks to everyone who submitted for participating in this first slate. Here they are:
Mygavolt
lyd
Gravity Monkey - if you would still like to add a Charizard line submission just do that very soon
Yoshiblaze
Sereg
Yung Dramps
Brodaha

Here are my votes:
Charizard Line: Mygavolt, Sereg, Yoshiblaze
Venusaur Line: Yung Dramps, Brodaha, Mygavolt
Blastoise Line: Gravity Monkey, Brodaha, Yoshiblaze

Charizard Line: Mygavolt, Brodaha, Yung Dramps
Venusaur Line: Gravity Monkey, Yung Dramps, lyd
Blastoise Line: Mygavolt, Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze

InfernoDragon218 What's your policy on self-voting? I can change my votes if they're not allowed.

Bulbasaur line: Brodaha, Yung Dramps, Yoshiblaze
Charmander line: Mygavolt, Yoshiblaze, Yung Dramps
Squirtle line: Gravity Monkey, Mygavolt, Yoshiblaze

Evasion boosting items would need to be better than bright powder to have a niche. This will look uncompetitive and give the mod a poor reputation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)