VGC is anyone willing to rate my VGC team?

viivian

beep boop
is a Tiering Contributor
hello, i am new here and I was wondering if any of you guys could rate my VGC team i recently built up. please let me know any criticisms you have and any ways i could improve my team!

Rillaboom (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

rillaboom’s main purpose is to beat any opposing water and ground types and finish weakened pokemon, as well as pairing with regieleki to cover its weakness. its priority grass stab in grassy terrain beating most ground types is really beneficial for eleki and incineroar.

Incineroar (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 132 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out

incineroar is here to provide utility for the team, flinching opponents with fake out, weakening their physical attacks with intimidate and parting shot, and reliably beats any psychic, ghost, and steel types on the other team. can pair with basically any pokemon on the team, although there isn’t really one that it pairs exceptionally well with, in my opinion.

Corviknight (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Def / 68 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Protect

corviknight is the team’s main dynamax pokemon, providing max airstream boosts for other teammates such as kyogre and garchomp, and checks any fairy types with its steel type stab. it holds a weakness policy to give it a major power boost it really appreciates to tear apart the opposing team. i intend to pair it with the aforementioned garchomp because corviknight and garchomp’s typings compliment each other very well.

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Stomping Tantrum
- Swords Dance
- Protect

intended to pair with corviknight, garchomp’s ground typing beats any opposing fire or electric types threatening corviknight and its weaknesses to ice and fairy are alleviated by corviknight’s steel type stab. not to mention that it outspeeds (nearly) every non-boosted dragon type pokemon in the game after just one of corviknight’s max airstream boosts, allowing it to demolish any opposing dragons the opponent might send out.

Kyogre @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Water Spout

kyogre weakens fire type moves that corviknight really does not like receiving, and its sheer power is always appreciated by my team. it really benefits from corviknight’s max airstream boosting its speed and regieleki’s electrowebs slowing down the opposing team, as well as being a very strong dynamax pokemon on its own. it pairs well with nearly every team member, although regieleki probably is the best partner for it.

Regieleki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Volt Switch
- Protect

regieleki provides key speed control for the team and takes care of flying types as well as the many water types that aren’t weak to grass. not to mention it’s transistor-boosted electric stab that can tear holes through the opposing team, assuming they don’t have an electric resist/immunity. it helps the other team members a lot, especially kyogre because it almost guarantees that kyogre can outspeed the opposing Pokemon and destroy them with its stab, rain-boosted water spout and origin pulse.

edit: added some more details as to what each team member does. again, let me know any suggestions you have!

Last edited:
I'm not really familiar w. doubles, but I do know your Corviknight is missing a nature. The point of Damp Rock on Ogre, to me, isn't clear. Your Regieleki isn't even Thunder to abuse the rain. Speaking of Regieleki, it's among my favorites. One thing I do w. mine is run Electro Ball. W/ Electroweb, assuming you live a turn after using that(and if you don't what difference does it make what moves you run) you get a very strong Electro Ball vs. anything not fast. That move goes up to 150 BP so imo not negligible. Esp. if TR messes you up. But again not a doubles person, maybe it just works better in singles for w/e reason I;d wait for a 2nd opinion.

viivian

beep boop
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not really familiar w. doubles, but I do know your Corviknight is missing a nature. The point of Damp Rock on Ogre, to me, isn't clear. Your Regieleki isn't even Thunder to abuse the rain. Speaking of Regieleki, it's among my favorites. One thing I do w. mine is run Electro Ball. W/ Electroweb, assuming you live a turn after using that(and if you don't what difference does it make what moves you run) you get a very strong Electro Ball vs. anything not fast. That move goes up to 150 BP so imo not negligible. Esp. if TR messes you up. But again not a doubles person, maybe it just works better in singles for w/e reason I;d wait for a 2nd opinion.
oh you’re right, I intended to give it an adamant or impish nature but must’ve forgot. thanks for catching that!

as for the rest, regieleki’s thunder seems like a great option to use alongside kyogre’s rain now that I think about it, and electroweb + electro ball seems like a pretty busted combo, i love it

Last edited:
I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but the new vgc ruleset allows for two restricteds. I’d recommend replacing garchomp or corviknight with your second restricted. Preferably Zacian-c over corviknight and maybe replacing garchomp with something else as chomp isn’t that good in the current meta. Maybe landorus-t or something else that provides speed control like tornadus/grimmsnarl. Most of these sets are fine enough, Rilla should have more evs invested in bulk, and ogre’s item should be changed since doubles games don’t usually last long enough for damp rock to matter. Kyogre should also be running protect over ice beam or thunder and Rilla should run fake out over knock off or high horsepower

Hi there! According to the Series 12 ruleset, you may use 2 restricted Pokémon on your team. Which means the team as it is now would struggle alot compared to the current power level. I tried to improve your team with spicy picks with the challenge of keeping Corviknight, as it seems its your favorite.
Here's the squad, let's go!
:zacian-crowned: :kyogre: :persian-alola: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :regieleki:
Notable changes:
:zacian-crowned: > :rillaboom:
:persian-alola: > :incineroar:
:landorus-therian: > :garchomp:

The team:

:sm/kyogre:
Kyogre @ Wave Incense
Level: 50
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

:sm/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect
Talking about both Zacian-C and Kyogre together, since they're the restricted duo of choice. The synergy is clear, Kyogre protects Zacian-C from Fire- and Ground-type attacks while the dog resists and mauls Grass-types like Ferrothorn and Rillaboom. About the sets; Kyogre's previous item, Damp Rock, is an useless decision considering that during most VGC matches won't last that long untill the extra turns matter. I also added Protect, protecting Water Spout damage when its in a bad situation. Regarding the Zacian-C set, standard, Speed allows it to outspeed Venusaur in sun, when at +1.

:sm/persian-alola:
Persian-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Seed Bomb
- Icy Wind
When I was building the team, I couldn't figure much the Thundurus Zacian-C HO stuff, untill I remembered of a Japanese team which had it. Its faster then Thundurus, allowing you to Foul Play it or reduce its Speed and punish it immediately, which made the team a little bit more spicy. If you dislike this choice, you can try Grimmsnarl out.

:sm/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Protect
Here's the guy. One of the best uses for the crow is as an Iron Defense + Body Press user due to its good Defense. I also gave it Iron Head for the cool STAB, but it could be replaced with Roost. His job is to sit on the field and pin down opponents trying to Intimidate you, thanks to Mirror Armor.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
Landorus-T performs Corviknight's previous role, but way better, thanks to its better Speed and access to Intimidate, making it a great sun check as well thanks to the Lum Berry. It's pretty much the Max Quake from Garchomp and Max Airstream from Corviknight in one single Pokémon.

:sm/regieleki:
Regieleki @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Bounce
- Assurance
- Protect
With only one max option and one last slot remaining, I decided on Regieleki. I decided on a physical, Dynamax-biased set so it could pressure the opponent quickly.

That's it for the team, hope I've helped, feel free to hit me up and discuss about it.

I agree w/ the physical Regieleki, or at least I like that it has Assurance, mine does. But it's a special attacker still, see my RMT for the set since you showed interest in Electro Ball. You can't really have that w/ a physical set , but I think w. 5 physical mons in the proposed team, Regieleki can be either. You do have Corv dealing w/ Intimidate, so almost all physical seems ok.

Also, Persian-Alola is interesting. Why the bulk EVs if sash? I like it though, very rare and Seed Bomb is good for your only grass coverage(not a doubles player, but Gastrodon and those kind that wall Kyogre but are weak to grass must be very common.)

viivian

beep boop
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi there! According to the Series 12 ruleset, you may use 2 restricted Pokémon on your team. Which means the team as it is now would struggle alot compared to the current power level. I tried to improve your team with spicy picks with the challenge of keeping Corviknight, as it seems its your favorite.
Here's the squad, let's go!
:zacian-crowned: :kyogre: :persian-alola: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :regieleki:
Notable changes:
:zacian-crowned: > :rillaboom:
:persian-alola: > :incineroar:
:landorus-therian: > :garchomp:

The team:

:sm/kyogre:
Kyogre @ Wave Incense
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

:sm/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect
Talking about both Zacian-C and Kyogre together, since they're the restricted duo of choice. The synergy is clear, Kyogre protects Zacian-C from Fire- and Ground-type attacks while the dog resists and mauls Grass-types like Ferrothorn and Rillaboom. About the sets; Kyogre's previous item, Damp Rock, is an useless decision considering that during most VGC matches won't last that long untill the extra turns matter. I also added Protect, protecting Water Spout damage when its in a bad situation. Regarding the Zacian-C set, standard, Speed allows it to outspeed Venusaur in sun, when at +1.

:sm/persian-alola:
Persian-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Seed Bomb
- Icy Wind
When I was building the team, I couldn't figure much the Thundurus Zacian-C HO stuff, untill I remembered of a Japanese team which had it. Its faster then Thundurus, allowing you to Foul Play it or reduce its Speed and punish it immediately, which made the team a little bit more spicy. If you dislike this choice, you can try Grimmsnarl out.

:sm/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Protect
Here's the guy. One of the best uses for the crow is as an Iron Defense + Body Press user due to its good Defense. I also gave it Iron Head for the cool STAB, but it could be replaced with Roost. His job is to sit on the field and pin down opponents trying to Intimidate you, thanks to Mirror Armor.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
Landorus-T performs Corviknight's previous role, but way better, thanks to its better Speed and access to Intimidate, making it a great sun check as well thanks to the Lum Berry. It's pretty much the Max Quake from Garchomp and Max Airstream from Corviknight in one single Pokémon.

:sm/regieleki:
Regieleki @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Bounce
- Assurance
- Protect
With only one max option and one last slot remaining, I decided on Regieleki. I decided on a physical, Dynamax-biased set so it could pressure the opponent quickly.

That's it for the team, hope I've helped, feel free to hit me up and discuss about it.
i really like this team! i especially am intruiged by the unorthodox team/moveset choices such as regieleki running a physical movepool and the addition of alolan persian but overall this is a very solid team! thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)