SV OU Iron Valiant Hazard Stack

HAZARD STACK VALIANT

show.pngting lu.pngshow (1).pngshow (2).pngskeledrige.pngpao.png

Hello Smogon users, I'm prant and I've been apart for the community since the ending of ORAS. I've always been teambuilding but was never good at it so I decided to give it a break but with the new generation coming out and on top of the meta being fresh, I've decided to make a team and test it out for the first time. This is my first RMT Forum post so if this is rough around the edges, cut me some slack I'm still learning.
show (1).png

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick

To start the team off, Gholdengo has been a staple in the OU meta game due to its powerful stats along side its busted ability that prevents hazard removal known as Good As Gold. Good as Gold prevents it Gholdengo from being affected by status drops such as defog and twave. The ability to prevent hazards from being removed makes this mon a perfect mon to pair with a hazard stacker. Along with giving it scarf allows it to outspeed other gholdengos, iron valiants and dragonpults. With hazards set up, it makes switching into this mon hard asf. I gave it trick to deal with balances or stalls that hinder gholdengo if need. This mon is a problem and I'm here for it fr.
ting lu.png

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

With Gholdengo's ability, I decided to pair it up with one of the best hazard setters in the game. Ting-Lu has incredible bulk allowing it to take hits from some of the hardest hitters in the game. This bulk also allows it to get some sort of hazards up like spikes and rocks for the free. It's a must to run whirlwind to avoid being set up by some bulker mons like annihilape, volcs, dragonite. eq for some type of coverage but ruination is also good to run. With tera type ghost, it becomes even better mon by not allowing it to be spun on from tusk. Try to keep this healthy as possible because this can be your only answer to chi yu sometimes especially if it's healthy.
show.png

Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This the mon that the team is built around. Iron Valiant will be a top 5 mon with its mix set in the up coming months. The versatility this mon provides is ridicoulous with it being able to run a full special set with specs or a mix set with expert belt. I ran expert belt on this mon because a full special set can be easily walled by boots blissey. Moonblast is a spamable move with little switch ins to the move with hazards up. I decided to throw thunderbolt with tera type electric to deal with dondozo and corv easier because they wall iron valiant easily with tbolt. I paired this mon with a hazard stack team to show how hard it is to switch into it while having hazards up.
show (2).png

Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

I threw corviknight on this team just to have a defoger for other hazard stack teams. I made it makes defense to switch in to hard physical hitters like loom, annihilape, dnite, tusk, scizor and more. With it also getting u turn makes it even better to get in your other hard hitters on mons. I run tera type dragon to deal with fire,electric better from chi yu and zone just incase. Also I run hdb to avoid rocks chip but you can honestly change it to rocky helmet cause its more on the physcial side. Also I got body press but you can change it to brave bird to hit more mons easier and not being walled by ghost completely.
skeledrige.png

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off

This team was super weak to the iron valiant before the addition of skeledirge. The addition to skeledirge helps deal with valiant way better and makes it a more reliable switch in due to almost no set running shadow ball to hit skeledirge fr. Also this is a reliable unaware mon that deals with set mons that was brought up previously while being able to burn them and eat everything up. I love this mon when its on my team but hate playing against it due to how hard it is to break sometimes. The tera type can be changed to fairy I put water just because.
pao.png

Chien-Pao @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Sword

I put another hard hitter on the team in chien pao. I put him on because he's too powerful with no switchin to his move set fr. With hazard stack this mon is a force to reckanon with. It provides priority on top of a moveset able to hit every mon for free. I put tera type dark cause dark is too strong of type for attacking. I think this mon pairs best with hazard stack bo as you can bring it in easily when everything is weak. You can put heavy boots and sd to deal with other hazard stack teams better.

Conclusion : I love this team because of how it can deal with any playstyle. This is my first more serious team so I put a decent amount of time into it to. I hope you enjoy the team. Let me know any advice for the team too. Thank you for your time.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/db06487f441bceba

Replays? Tried the team and it’s a solid, simple well functioning team. I feel like it struggles with skeledirge tho.
Atm no, I haven't played well enough with the team to save replays but I plan on adding some soon. I threw Skeledirge on the team for Valiant mainly but that slot can be replaced for something better. I just don't know what I can replace it with yet.

Atm no, I haven't played well enough with the team to save replays but I plan on adding some soon. I threw Skeledirge on the team for Valiant mainly but that slot can be replaced for something better. I just don't know what I can replace it with yet.
Hey so if you really are weak to skeledirge, i recommend using clodsire to shut down both

Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab?
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)