BSS Iron Bundle

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:sv/iron bundle:

I like to imagine Robot Santa would have a legion of Iron Bundles doing his bidding!

[SET]
name: Santa's Slay
move 1: Freeze-Dry
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Encore / Ice Beam
move 4: Flip Turn / Ice Beam / Taunt / Tera Blast
item: Focus Sash / Booster Energy / Choice Specs
ability: Quark Drive
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Water / Ice / Ground / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]

* With nearly perfect coverage and an incredible Speed stat, Iron Bundle's ferocious brand of holiday spirit is a metagame-defining force!

* **Encore**: Giving the gift of an encore lets Iron Bundle punish passive Pokemon and naughty sweepers alike.

* **Ice Beam**: With a power-boosting item, Ice Beam OHKOes Dragonite through Multiscale.

* **Flip Turn**: Pivoting is a big help when Iron Bundle is facing Pokemon likely to Terastallize such as Garchomp or against bulky Assault Vest foes such as Baxcalibur, Iron Hands, and Magnezone.

* **Taunt**: Taunt will make support Pokemon such as Clodsire and Tinkaton want to take a holiday, though watch out for common users of Mental Herb such as Scream Tail.

Other Options
========

* **Substitute**: Substitute lets Iron Bundle take further advantage of encored Pokemon and is a decent way to scout for Tera types when using Booster Energy or Life Orb.

* **Whirlpool**: Although difficult to pull off with Iron Bundle's mediocre bulk, trapping foes with Whirlpool can make Encore especially deadly.

* **Electric Terrain**: Giving Iron Bundle a Speed boost via Electric Terrain isn't nearly as flexible as Booster Energy, but it does let Iron Bundle support potentially deadly Quark Drive teammates such as Iron Valiant and Iron Hands.

Tera Types
========

* **Water**: Besides the power boost for Hydro Pump and resistance to Scizor's Bullet Punch, Tera Water enables a reliable Water-type STAB move in Tera Blast.

* **Ice**: With Tera Ice, Freeze-Dry will OHKO offensive Dragonite through Multiscale and Ice Beam will OHKO even bulky Dragonite.

* **Ground**: An immunity to Electric-type attacks lets Iron Bundle potentially give Magnezone's and Rotom-W's momentum a snow day and deal more damage to Gholdengo via Tera Blast.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost gives Iron Bundle an important immunity to Extreme Speed, which can especially ruin Dragonite's holiday with Encore. It also gives Iron Bundle a reliable way to 2HKO Flutter Mane.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting gives Iron Bundle a handy Sucker Punch resistance and a Tera Blast that threatens Kingambit and Tyranitar.

* **Fire**: While Tera Fire's resistances aren't fantastic, the ability to roast Scizor like a chestnut is useful, and it gives Iron Bundle an improved matchup against Gholdengo.

Items
========

* **Focus Sash**: Getting around Iron Bundle's iffy bulk makes it a fantastic lead and revenge killer.

* **Booster Energy**: Quark Drive's Speed boost lets Iron Bundle outpace key threats such as Dragapult, +1 Baxcalibur, +1 Roaring Moon, and Choice Scarf Gholdengo.

* **Choice Specs**: Choice Specs Iron Bundle regifts support moves so it can wallbreak, with moves such as Tera Water Hydro Pump now OHKOing Tera Fairy Skeledirge.

* **Life Orb**: While Life Orb compromises Iron Bundle's ability to take priority attacks, it boosts damage without passing on powerful support moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577]]
- Grammar checked by: [[CryoGyro, 331519]]

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is now ready for a QC check!

I did make a little set change: I made Substitute Other Options, and had Ice Beam slashed in slot 4 as well. This was mainly because there are def folks that use Ice Beam + Encore on Iron Bundle, so I wanted to reflect that.

Also, I tried to put some holiday references in, maybe I should add a bit more :P

Small thing that I saw on a first read-through: under tera types and the fighting line, you have "gives Iron Bundle a handy Sucker Punch" when I assume you meant "a handy resistance to Sucker Punch".

Thanks for putting this together!

Theorymon

Small thing that I saw on a first read-through: under tera types and the fighting line, you have "gives Iron Bundle a handy Sucker Punch" when I assume you meant "a handy resistance to Sucker Punch".

Thanks for putting this together!
haha you are correct, nice catch!

GP 1/1
:sv/iron bundle:

I like to imagine Robot Santa would have a legion of Iron Bundles doing his bidding!

[SET]
name: Santa's Slay
move 1: Freeze-Dry
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Encore / Ice Beam
move 4: Flip Turn / Ice Beam / Taunt / Tera Blast
item: Focus Sash / Booster Energy / Choice Specs
ability: Quark Drive
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Water / Ice / Ground / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]

* With nearly perfect coverage and an incredible Speed stat, Iron Bundle's ferocious brand of holiday spirit is a metagame-defining force!

* **Encore**: Encore is a painful present against Pokemon using support moves, letting Giving the gift of an encore lets Iron Bundle punish passive Pokemon and naughty sweepers alike.

* **Ice Beam**: The great power Ice Beam offers lets Iron Bundle with a power boosting item OHKO With a power-boosting item, Ice Beam OHKOes Dragonite through Multiscale.

* **Flip Turn**: Pivoting is a big help when Iron Bundle is facing Pokemon likely to Terastallize such as Garchomp, (comma) or against bulky Assault Vest foes such as Baxcalibur, Iron Hands, and Magnezone.

* **Taunt**: This gives support Pokemon such as Clodsire and Tinkaton a real lump of coal in their stockings Taunt will make support Pokemon such as Clodsire and Tinkaton want to take a holiday, (i dunno, it's hard to be clever here) though watch out for common users of Mental Herb such as Scream Tail.

Other Options
========

* **Substitute**: Substitute lets Iron Bundle take further advantage of encored Pokemon locked into Encore, and is a decent way to scout for Tera types when using Booster Energy or Life Orb.

* **Whirlpool**: Although difficult to pull off with Iron Bundle's mediocre bulk, trapping foes with Whirlpool can make Encore an especially deadly gift. (okay there's just nothing to work with here, we already got cheeky with encore)

* **Electric Terrain**: Giving Iron Bundle a Speed boost via Electric Terrain isn't nearly as flexible as Booster Energy, but it does let Iron Bundle support potentially deadly Quark Drive teammates such as Iron Valiant and Iron Hands.

Tera Types
========

* **Water**: Besides the power boost for Hydro Pump and new resistance to Scizor's Bullet Punch, Tera Water also lets Iron Bundle having a more enables a reliable Water-type STAB move in Tera Blast.

* **Ice**: With Tera Ice, Freeze-Dry will OHKO offensive Dragonite through Multiscale, (comma) and allow Ice Beam to and Ice Beam will OHKO even bulky Dragonite.

* **Ground**: An immunity to Electric-type attacks lets Iron Bundle potentially eat Magnezone and Rotom-W's milk and cookies, give Magnezone's and Rotom-W's momentum a snow day and deal more damage to Gholdengo via Tera Blast.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost gives Iron Bundle an important immunity to Extreme Speed, which can especially ruin Dragonite's holiday when paired with Encore. It also gives Iron Bundle a reliable way to 2HKO Flutter Mane.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting gives Iron Bundle a handy Sucker Punch resist, and lets Tera Blast deal massive damage to resistance and a Tera Blast that threatens Kingambit and Tyranitar.

* **Fire**: While Tera Fire's resistances aren't fantastic, the Bullet Punch resistance and ability to roast Scizor like a chestnut (okay, this is what you should be going for; sensible in context and not too distracting) is useful, and it gives Iron Bundle an improved matchup against Gholdengo.

Items
========

* **Focus Sash**: Getting around Iron Bundle's iffy bulk makes it a fantastic lead and revenge killer.

* **Booster Energy**: Quark Drive's Speed boost lets Iron Bundle outpace key threats, (comma) such as Dragapult, +1 Baxcalibur, +1 Roaring Moon, and Choice Scarf Gholdengo.

* **Choice Specs**: Though this remove's Iron Bundle's ability to effective use support moves, the chilling power boost lets Iron Bundle become a potential wall breaker, Choice Specs Iron Bundle regifts support moves so it can wallbreak, with moves such as Tera Water Hydro Pump now OHKOing Tera Fairy Skeledirge.

* **Life Orb**: While Life Orb compromises Iron Bundle's ability to take priority attacks, it lets Iron Bundle get away with using its boosts damage without passing on powerful support moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577]]
- Grammar checked by: [[]]

Theorymon

Thanks a ton for the check, you clearly got a better eye for holiday cheer than me with those edits!

Time to wrap this analysis up and put it under the Christmas tree. Fun fact btw: My mom still has not taken down her Christmas tree lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)