Approved Introduction to the Competitive Tutoring room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, this is basically going to be an article about the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown!, explaining how it works, how to contribute and a brief introduction to the room staff. I'm a moderator of the room on PS!, so it shouldn't be a problem writing this, and I've already gotten approval from room owners AM and Trinitrotoluene. Anyway here's generally how it's going to go (subject to changes):

Introduction

Interested to learn and get better in the competitive aspect of Pokemon battling? Or are you just looking for somewhere to impart your infinite wisdom to others? Well then stop by the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown!. Simply put, the room is a place where players can improve their teambuilding ability and general knowledge of the competitive scene through asking questions in the channel. Many of the members of the room staff excel at their respective tiers, so feel free to approach them! For instance, our beloved Room Owners AM and Trinitrotoluene have vast knowledge about OU, while our moderator Exeggutor is a master of relationships (apparently).

How does the room work?
  • Process of how we rate teams when they are posted, from picking out flaws to suggesting changes - movesets / replacements / items / EV spreads / team structure in general
  • We can help test teams should you need it
  • Questions related to competitive Pokemon: i.e. mechanics, etc
How to contribute to the room?
  • Answer any simple questions that users may ask that are related to the competitive aspect of Pokemon
  • Offer any experience or input you have in tiers / metagames you are familliar with
  • Don't just echo the same things said by more experienced players
  • When it comes to team rating, it should be more practical for that specific team, and not making it weaker to certain things (i.e. Don't give bad advice and try to prove people wrong when you're the one who's wrong)
  • There's also the aspect of presence, meaning you should be approachable while knowing your stuff
  • tl;dr: know your metagames / tiers and don't be an ass to people
Introducing members of the room staff

(It's just going to feature a brief introduction of what each / certain members of the staff help out in, what they've contributed to the room, their character in general, achievements competitive wise, etc)

Conclusion

That's pretty much it! If you feel like you can help others or require help yourself, don't be afraid to join us in Competitive Tutoring. Just don't recommend Ambipom or your amazing Choice Specs Machamp to others; trust me you don't want to do that. Anyway, just relax and take heed of the advice given to each other, and you'll have a good time in Competitive Tutoring!

That's pretty much how it's going to go. There'll be further discussion with other members of the room staff, and of course more details will be added, but it should come out as a pretty good article. Thanks for taking this into consideration.

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this hasn't been done yet surprisingly oo anyways, nice solid outline you got here as well as well written. perhaps you could put some live examples of good/bad rates or advice but ye cool with this if everyone else is

Looks good, though for the members of staff section try to limit it to ROs only.

I'll get you Kiln access soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)