Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off / Filler

I did not think it has been used before, but correct me if im wrong
After Acrofloon, TrickSpecs, Bulky Support, Flare Boost Floon, Endure Policy Floon, CM Floon and whatever with Floon at the end, here is Hypnofloon
I always thought Hypnosis was an okay move. 60 Acc is not really good, but as SubNosis, Drifloon is awful. Here we search mainly to lure mons for teammates
With Unburden, fast hypnosis is horribly threatening. After an Hypnosis, Drifloon can have a totally free sub, and a free knock off/whatever you want behind the sub
Why it is different for subgastly ? First Knock Off, when Gastly has dual STABs (gastly can run knock off, but often it's not worth it). You have a better STAB and Unburden too, and even a better bulk.

Even if Drifloon is probably the hardest mon of the meta to predict usual checks as Ponyta or counters like BJ Chou will have a really, really hard time
And when Gastly can't beat some of his counters, Drifloon can with Knock Off + Acro combination. Stunky for exemple
Also it still does the usual work of Acrofloon decently, without dbond or wow

Obv, you must not be too unlucky to use this, but once Hypnosis is placed, this is p much cancer

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Skrelp @ Shed Shell
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

With trappers everywhere, skrelp is not in a good state now that Diglett has not been banned. It gets hit by both Diglett and Gothita super effectively, so I started to use Shed Shell to nice effect. It has nice surprise value as no one expects it and can gain you some momentum as you bring in a counter. You lose some defensive stats, but a mon gets to stay alive for later. You should only be using this if you really need skrelp to stay alive though.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Skrelp @ Shed Shell
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

With trappers everywhere, skrelp is basically useless now that Diglett has not been banned. It gets hit by both Diglett and Gothita super effectively, so I started to use Shed Shell to nice effect. It has nice surprise value as no one expects it and can gain you some momentum as you bring in a counter. You lose some defensive stats, but a mon gets to stay alive for later. You should only be using this if you really need skrelp to stay alive though.
Since a large part of Skrelp's use is being a fighting answer, and most fighters run Knock Off, this doesn't seem particularly effective. It heavily limits what Skrelp can actually fight, and in games where Diglett isn't present this is just flat out inferior. It's creative, but I find myself doubting how effective it would ever be in practice. Basically the only situation I could see this being useful is if you bring Skrelp in on a Mienfoo U-turn.

Either:
Buneary @ Salac Berry
Ability: Limber
EVs: 40 HP / 228 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Flail
- Endure
- Jump Kick
- Ice Punch/ Healing wish/

OR

Buneary @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Limber
EVs: 40 HP / 228 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Flail
- Endure
- Jump Kick
- Ice Punch/Healing wish/Quick Attack

Basically you endure when priority has been taken care of, then use flails everything with an ungodly 200 power stab.

Two rather gimmicky sets. For both Ice punch should be used if Gothita/Diglett are being used, while healing wish allows it to use it's phenomenal speed to help out your team more. Quick attack should almost never be used, since it doesn't damage Timburr or Pawn for much damage usually.

The first lets it beat LO Diglett and scarfs, while the second allows it to kill a lot more things.

Since this is kinda gimmicky and maybe not that good, I'll also throw in:

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 164 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Stockpile

Burn things like Drilbur, get the unburden boost, set up one or two stockpile's, BP it into a Timburr or other mon with recovery, and destroy everything. This can be done multiple times with recycle.

Just a few fun sets I thought up.

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I finally made my way over to the computer so this is updated!

Let's see some Croagunk innovation in honor of the future winning team of LCPL 5 <3

(Other submissions are always good too!!)

Last edited:
innovation in honor of the future winning team of LCPL 5 <3)
Well in that case...

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Lead Snivy is bae, taunting the likes of Dwebble and (hopefully) Onix so it can get those nice boosty boosts. You can also be a GOD and taunt fletchlings predicting them to predict you to switch. ez.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dropping some fresh things ive been working on in lc uu

Natty Vee (Venonat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Morning Sun
- filler

A new Toxic Spiker? I'm really scraping the barrel here. Nah Venonat has a good Fight resist and it's easy to lead against opposing Mienfoo. TSpikes is obvi what i run this thing for. BP is to escape, and Morning Sun helps keep me healthy.

The filler slot is what is up. So many moves to run like:
+Stun Spore
+Sleep Powder
+Sludge Bomb
+Bug Buzz
+VENOSHOCK
+Disable

Rakuhouha (Rufflet) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sky Drop
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost

Sadly I didnt think this one up but i felt it deserved a mention. Sky Drop combined with TSpikes is gross. You still take TSpikes damage! Also I ignore your actions. What a jerk amirite? Anywho, Rufflet is godlike in it's defensive stats which are sorta similiar to Timburr's. That being said, Bulk Up is used to super cement his good defense and bolster his already high attack. Sub and Roost are stalling moves JUST IN CASE im faster. Im hitting 12 so against slower bulkier teams, I got it covered.

Not really think that's somethin crazy but I have never seen anyone use it so here it is

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Beat Up

Perfect fit ffor a hyper offensive team With diglett being your casual trapper. Eq is there to punish any electr type switching. Memento is for giving your pals setup opputrunity.sucker punch for obvious reasons. Abras arealways a problem and they can 1v1 Many frail sweepers or fighting types. Sash dig Can eat its move( no hazards on your side thishas to happen early game) and then beat it up to death with ease. This set can work to sash gastly as well since thy Only think you pack sucker punch. Beat guarantees ohko even with five pokemon.

dropping some fresh things ive been working on in lc uu

Natty Vee (Venonat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Morning Sun
- filler

A new Toxic Spiker? I'm really scraping the barrel here. Nah Venonat has a good Fight resist and it's easy to lead against opposing Mienfoo. TSpikes is obvi what i run this thing for. BP is to escape, and Morning Sun helps keep me healthy.

The filler slot is what is up. So many moves to run like:
+Stun Spore
+Sleep Powder
+Sludge Bomb
+Bug Buzz
+VENOSHOCK
+Disable

Rakuhouha (Rufflet) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sky Drop
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost

Sadly I didnt think this one up but i felt it deserved a mention. Sky Drop combined with TSpikes is gross. You still take TSpikes damage! Also I ignore your actions. What a jerk amirite? Anywho, Rufflet is godlike in it's defensive stats which are sorta similiar to Timburr's. That being said, Bulk Up is used to super cement his good defense and bolster his already high attack. Sub and Roost are stalling moves JUST IN CASE im faster. Im hitting 12 so against slower bulkier teams, I got it covered.
Yo, these are amazing sets (IMO). However, I'd like to point out that you should probably be using Tinted Lens on Venonat when you're running one of your StABs as your filler move, and that the spread on Rufflet is inefficient compared to what the standard Bulk Up set usually runs (unless you wanted to out slow 13 speed mons in which case ignore this haha).

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature Power
- Encore
- Knock Off

WHERE YOU AT FLETCH (Nature power is technically a status move) I always have at least two forms of priority on my teams, and offensive Cottonee is easily better than defensive (not including this offensive set. This set is probably bad.)

EDIT:

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Boom.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Yo, these are amazing sets (IMO). However, I'd like to point out that you should probably be using Tinted Lens on Venonat when you're running one of your StABs as your filler move, and that the spread on Rufflet is inefficient compared to what the standard Bulk Up set usually runs (unless you wanted to out slow 13 speed mons in which case ignore this haha).
Compoundeyes is usually for powders and other status moves with shitty acc, if im using a STAB it's prolly Venoshock so meh im not that concerned with power. Venonat's job is set TSpikes and get the fuck out.

I'll agree im prolly high whne I EV shit but if anything my whole thing is that LCUU has a lot of slow bulky fucks and i dont care about my speed. I could obviously run 15 speed and outspeed shit but i dont wanna. My team is supposed to wear it down while Ruff finishes the job.

Last edited:

I know this set is really bad...
I have been recently trying out LC, and it seems very fun. Also, it has a large amount of Pokemon that could have potential that is waiting to be found.

Worthless (Meowth) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 Atk / 36 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hypnosis
- Work Up
- Covet
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hypnosis is honestly a really bad move. The low accuracy may seem unappealing at first, but please read on. If the move hits Meowth will have a free turn to set up a Work Up. This move boosts physical and special attack so it can run a mixed set. Covet is physical normal STAB while HP Fighting hits steel and rock types that would otherwise wall this. A teammate that can handle ghost types is definitely needed. I am not very good at adjusting EVs in LC, so please optimize them if you feel like this moveset has potential.

EDIT: I would also like to say that this moveset is easily killed by faster, stronger Pokemon as well as priority attackers.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
i love hex and venoshock

Pistol Bobcat (Clauncher) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 212 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Water Pulse
- Venoshock
- Ice Beam

Okay so in my quest to find abusers of Venoshock, Ive discoverd that Clauncher has it. WHAT? This ol thing? Well lets see what i've scrounged together. U-Turn is lovely and lets me play games with my opponent while Water Pulse is cute and strong enough to be used over Scald. I rather poison things than burn/paralyze/sleep them so that it can sweep. Sadly it's power is somewhat middling but it does make for a good scarf pivot.

CRUELLA (Tentacool) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- filler (im running Knock Off)
- filler (im running Hex)
- Venoshock
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Tentacool is the only other LC Pokemon to learn both Hex and Venoshock. These two moves together break down a lot fo defensive threats after they've lost their Eviolite and are statused (only poisoned for Venoshock per the usual) and so they have to take large amounts of damage. Scald / HPump = Accuracy + burn chance / Power, in the end take your pick.

Filler can be
+HEX (FREE 130 BP GHOST TYPE ASS BLAST FROM THE PAST)
+Knock Off (bless the lord get rid of items and break through teams)
+Dazzling Gleam (I mean if you're fighting a Dragon / Fighting mon who isnt slapped by HPump this is lovely.)
+Hidden Power (Ground nails Mag / Pawn / Chou but Chou's handled after KO) (Grass slaps Wooper but not like Wooper wants to take boosted Venoshock and i guess it hits fossils harder)
+Giga Drain (jic HP Grass was too weak you can run a slightly better and stronger coverage move that also heals you a bit)
+Acid Spray (free -2 SDef makes switchins open tf up)
+Ice Beam (i mean it's a water type)

Almagest (Ralts) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond / Memento
- filler (any status inflicting or attacking move) (im running Will-o-wisp)
- filler (any status inflicting or attacking move) (im running Dazzling Gleam)

Ralts is really bad. But at least it can some something Shuppet can, set up TR and set up one of your abusers. Granted Ralts has a MUCH LARGER SUPPORT AND OFFENSIVE MOVEPOOL, it lacks the stats to abuse it. Ah well. Here we can make the most of what Ralts has. All i have is SpA EVs because what the eff else can i invest in? Sometimes your opponent isnt going to fall for the ol: set up and die so you gotta mess with them in other ways! Also when i said any move i meant specifially these moves:

Status (bread and butter)
+Thunder Wave (freeze up something that need to be fast)
+Will-o-wisp (burn that physical attacker and make it worthless)
+Disable (you thought I was joking but you aint doin that shit anymore)
+Encore (bye felicia also another free turn to mess with your opponent)
+Taunt (ya know to shut up defensive leads)
+Torment (talk about being locked out of attacking with an se move)
+Hypnosis (good night also sing is bad)
+Screens (I GUESS)
+Trick (Not having KO sucks but having alternative methods to ridding items is even better)

Attacks (Weak as hell but shit cant be taunt bait forsrs)
+Psychic / Psyshock (obvi STAB 1)
+Dazzling Gleam (obvi STAB 2 also NO MOONBLAST WTF)
+Theif (no KO but we still take items post Sash break)

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Due to the fact that there are a lot more Pokemon that I realized and that I have a new fear of post limit, I'm changing the direction of this project! Instead of archiving every viable set submitted, which could cause grief to those whose submissions are not archived, I'm instead going to focus on highlighting sets posted here which made their way into the metagame! These include Corporal Levi's Diglett set, Tahu's Porygon set, and a few more. The thread will be updated to accommodate this updated direction, and I hope y'all continue to submit new and innovative sets! :toast:

Except for maybe Jac

Hm, let's see what I've got brewing in the lab...

Pessimist (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Been trying to build around this for ages, but it requires some waaaay too specific set-up. Basically it needs to be knocked into berry juice range on the turn that it sets up, which is really F*cking when most of the things that can easily do this just Knock Off on that turn. Still, 22 attack combined with almost perfect coverage is hard to resist.

180+ Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Timburr: 26-32 (108.3 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 236 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Porygon: 12-15 (46.1 - 57.6%) -- 51.2% chance to 2HKO// so kinda TRASH but
180+ Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 236 HP / 196 Def Porygon: 16-21 (61.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO // that's a bit better
180+ Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Ferroseed: 15-18 (68.1 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO// this set requires a boatload of Knock Off support huh
180+ Atk Archen Stone Edge vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 24-30 (96 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock// close enough

Meh it's okay.

SHARD DE BERRY (Snover) @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 36 HP / 180 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer/double edge/facade/this thing gets fuck-all coverage moves

Baby Abomnasnow! I have actually used this a bit and it is surprisingly decent, though again it requires boatloads of Knock Off support and the likes to beat Foo and stuff. Still, SD+Prio is fun. I prefer Wood Hammer in the last slot because hey, it's walled by Steel-types either way and at least with this it can dent things coming in more reliably.

archen @ berry juice | defeatist
jolly | 76 / 180 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 196
head smash | acrobatics | earthquake | u-turn
this set lets archen activate berry juice without having to take a hit. it also does a lot of damage. simple enough.

Cottonee @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I use this as my lead as is only really poor against lead Meinfoo and Pawniard or if a team has a U-Turn/Volt Switch combo. But with good prediction and some good mind games, an ill-suited team can accrue quite a bit of damage and if you look at my replays with Cotton were she does work, she puts players on tilt. I use this build over more regular builds because I feel it doesn't rely on stun spore as much and can really work better against Pokemon that wipe the floor with conventional builds.

Loonanimal (Numel) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stockpile
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Rest

While water types and ground types put the fear of God into Loonanimal, if you have a water absorber on you team, you can sometimes get up enough of a stockpile to make him really hard to KO. The sorts of responses I get when Ancient Power procs is such a wonderful feeling. I originally built him as the tent pole for a defensive lcuu team, but since it is hard to find a match on the fly for that format, he performs well enough in lcou. I use him over the set-up sweeper variations because I found that I wanted survivability over speed in most cases and Loonanimal's stats could get me there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)