Metagame Inheritance

Dumping a whole bunch of sets I've been running the last week, though some of these are already common (or at least should be).
->

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

This, or Haxorus donating to Garchomp, is a set everyone should fear. Mold Breaker Earthquake is pretty devastating, but Thousand Arrows outright lack of immunity might just make Zygarde better than Haxorus. Garchomp can run basically any item (or Garchompite) from any donor of Dragon Dance, so be really careful when you see Garchomp. This belongs in A+.

->

Tapu Koko @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

A little bit weaker with some small recoil (about 11.5% weaker), but once you're burned you're a Knock Off pinch switch-in, as well as never losing Attack to a Scald, nor can you be Poisoned or put to Sleep. Probably bigger than that is the addition of Earthquake and Close Combat to your coverage.

->

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Could be optimized, this is just a Pokemon that hits really REALLY hard while also stuffing priority (I finally ran into a Lucario Lopunny, that was fun) and setting up Psychic Terrain for Unburden.

->

Latios @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower

Unburden and weather-boosting abilities are cancer. They're stretching anything north of semistall too thin to effectively deal with slower playstyles. Well, I guess I can't be entirely certain of that because Zeraora and Tapu Koko exist and either one basically solos any team on Offense that doesn't outspeed them, but it seems like a logical step forward to me. Slow down the outright pace offense has to keep (Literally, people were telling me in chat to just run Water Absorb Ghost-types) and stuff that could shine like Simple CM Azelf will get a chance.

Anyway, the most common inheritor I see is probably Keldeo, so I picked something that outspeeds +2 Keldeo (because that's how Offense has to build right now). If you get forced out you lose your Speed which can suck, and you don't get Dragon STAB, but you get field-boosted STAB in Psychic and Slurpuff provides pretty good coverage. I switched to Slurpuff from Drifblim for Grass coverage after +1 Psychic in Terrain didn't OHKO a Swampert.

->

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Blaze -> Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

Tired of being instagibbed by Scarf Chandelure (you basic bitches), I wanted to run one of my favorite Pokemon: Mega Beedrill. A quick search for Pokemon that learned both Gunk Shot and U-turn took me to Infernape for the coverage (which again, can easily be optimized for team comp), though Primeape is an option for Defiant before you Mega. Gunk Shot can 2HKO Suicune without Rocks if they're not running max Defense, and that 30% chance to poison is on par with Scald, but of course its accuracy is awful. I'm a fan of running similar coverage like EQ/FB, because there's a lot of Pokemon that can swap immunities on the fly. Celesteela could be immune to Fire one game and Electric the next. Don't get hard walled (though Beedrill can always U-turn out) because you were going for maximum coverage on a single Pokemon.

->

Zeraora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Taunt
- Thunder Punch

Everyone should be familiar with Druddigon suicide leads by now. This spread lives Skill Link Rock Blast from Archeops and safely sets up Rocks. Beware Pokemon that will drop you to Sash on turn 1 and then spin away your Rocks while KOing you turn 2. I've done it before and it makes HO's life WAY harder. This applies to any suicide lead, which is one of the reasons that Shuckle is so goddamn good at it.

->

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Sturdy -> Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I feel like the only Megas I see at this point are Swampert, Sableye, and occasionally an AteSpeeder or Mawile. Magic Bounce can just about shut down stall (turns out there's really not great defensive movepools with anything that gets Mold Breaker, unless you wanna run Mega Ampharos which is... Not good), and mixed 160 Attacking stats backed by 110 Speed (I might try Rock Polish some day) is extremely threatening. I've run boosting moves before, but I keep coming back to Donphan. Head Smash is absolutely devastating, and the recoil can even be your own little Memento, weakening a check for a sweeper. I ran Earth Power with no investment for a bit, but I personally like EQ more. Sky's the limit for a Mega as good as Diancie.

->

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

I haven't done a lot of digging for Rockers since I started again, but that's in part because Stakataka has been so good. Negating some of your 4x weaknesses is really really good on a Pokemon as bulky as Stakataka. You know what's not fun? Trying to break Kecleon Stakataka while it slaps you around and shuffles its weaknesses. Gyro Ball on the slowest competitively viable Pokemon is as dangerous as it ever is, and you can even use it to outrun Marowak-A in Trick Room under almost any circumstance. Seriously, Marowak doesn't fall under 27 Speed until it's at -5.

->

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Freely passable Magnet Pull would be hilariously broken in a different metagame.

->

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Agility

Probably my single favorite set I've used this month. Feraligatr's coverage is just barely shy of perfect, but it does have Agility which lets me threaten opposing Offense. I was running this as my sole weather/Unburden check until I noticed that Unburden and Swift Swim are free to suicide mons and get the speed necessary to sweep my team with literally no input while I still had to set up Keldeo. Run Keldeo with rain support and watch stuff get deleted in front of Scald; Keldeo can also run Adaptability from Dragalge to get Hydro Pump, but the lack of power on your coverage as well as LO recoil from all moves makes me think that Sheer Force is the way to go.

Fuck Swift Swim.

Last edited:
Dumping a whole bunch of sets I've been running the last week, though some of these are already common (or at least should be).
->

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

This, or Haxorus donating to Garchomp, is a set everyone should fear. Mold Breaker Earthquake is pretty devastating, but Thousand Arrows outright lack of immunity might just make Zygarde better than Haxorus. Garchomp can run basically any item (or Garchompite) from any donor of Dragon Dance, so be really careful when you see Garchomp. This belongs in A+.

->

Tapu Koko @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

A little bit weaker with some small recoil (about 11.5% weaker), but once you're burned you're a Knock Off pinch switch-in, as well as never losing Attack to a Scald, nor can you be Poisoned or put to Sleep. Probably bigger than that is the addition of Earthquake and Close Combat to your coverage.

->

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Could be optimized, this is just a Pokemon that hits really REALLY hard while also stuffing priority (I finally ran into a Lucario Lopunny, that was fun) and setting up Psychic Terrain for Unburden.

->

Latios @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower

Unburden and weather-boosting abilities are cancer. They're stretching anything north of semistall too thin to effectively deal with slower playstyles. Well, I guess I can't be entirely certain of that because Zeraora and Tapu Koko exist and either one basically solos any team on Offense that doesn't outspeed them, but it seems like a logical step forward to me. Slow down the outright pace offense has to keep (Literally, people were telling me in chat to just run Water Absorb Ghost-types) and stuff that could shine like Simple CM Azelf will get a chance.

Anyway, the most common inheritor I see is probably Keldeo, so I picked something that outspeeds +2 Keldeo (because that's how Offense has to build right now). If you get forced out you lose your Speed which can suck, and you don't get Dragon STAB, but you get field-boosted STAB in Psychic and Slurpuff provides pretty good coverage. I switched to Slurpuff from Drifblim for Grass coverage after +1 Psychic in Terrain didn't OHKO a Swampert.

->

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Blaze -> Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

Tired of being instagibbed by Scarf Chandelure (you basic bitches), I wanted to run one of my favorite Pokemon: Mega Beedrill. A quick search for Pokemon that learned both Gunk Shot and U-turn took me to Infernape for the coverage (which again, can easily be optimized for team comp), though Primeape is an option for Defiant before you Mega. Gunk Shot can 2HKO Suicune without Rocks if they're not running max Defense, and that 30% chance to poison is on par with Scald, but of course its accuracy is awful. I'm a fan of running similar coverage like EQ/FB, because there's a lot of Pokemon that can swap immunities on the fly. Celesteela could be immune to Fire one game and Electric the next. Don't get hard walled (though Beedrill can always U-turn out) because you were going for maximum coverage on a single Pokemon.

->

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Taunt
- Protect

Everyone should be familiar with Druddigon suicide leads by now. Normally, not carrying any attacking move is dangerous when Magic Bounce can be hidden around a corner, but Mold Breaker is extremely powerful. Beware Pokemon that will drop you to Sash on turn 1 and then spin away your Rocks while KOing you turn 2. I've done it before and it makes HO's life WAY harder. This applies to any suicide lead, which is one of the reasons that Shuckle is so goddamn good at it.

->

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Sturdy -> Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I feel like the only Megas I see at this point are Swampert, Sableye, and occasionally an AteSpeeder or Mawile. Magic Bounce can just about shut down stall (turns out there's really not great defensive movepools with anything that gets Mold Breaker, unless you wanna run Mega Ampharos which is... Not good), and mixed 160 Attacking stats backed by 110 Speed (I might try Rock Polish some day) is extremely threatening. I've run boosting moves before, but I keep coming back to Donphan. Head Smash is absolutely devastating, and the recoil can even be your own little Memento, weakening a check for a sweeper. I ran Earth Power with no investment for a bit, but I personally like EQ more. Sky's the limit for a Mega as good as Diancie, we're just stuck where we are (which is ironic for the diamond pixie).

->

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

I haven't done a lot of digging for Rockers since I started again, but that's in part because Stakataka has been so good. Negating some of your 4x weaknesses is really really good on a Pokemon as bulky as Stakataka. You know what's not fun? Trying to break Kecleon Stakataka while it slaps you around and shuffles its weaknesses. Gyro Ball on the slowest competitively viable Pokemon is as dangerous as it ever is, and you can even use it to outrun Marowak-A in Trick Room under almost any circumstance. Seriously, Marowak doesn't fall under 27 Speed until it's at -5.

->

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Freely passable Magnet Pull would be hilariously broken in a different metagame.

->

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Agility

Probably my single favorite set I've used this month. Feraligatr's coverage is just barely shy of perfect, but it does have Agility which lets me threaten opposing Offense. I was running this as my sole weather/Unburden check until I noticed that Unburden and Swift Swim are free to suicide mons and get the speed necessary to sweep my team with literally no input while I still had to set up Keldeo. Run Keldeo with rain support and watch stuff get deleted in front of Scald; Keldeo can also run Adaptability from Dragalge to get Hydro Pump, but the lack of power on your coverage as well as LO recoil from all moves makes me think that Sheer Force is the way to go.

Fuck Swift Swim.
I don't really like ninjask when scarf skill linkrock blast archeops exist.I would use zeraora for that slot.Give zeraora 64hp and it's all good.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-841689628

This is what I meant, by the way. I suicide Alakazam to set up Psychic Surge for Unburden Latios. No input, just pressing buttons for a win. With the higher speed boost I'm free to Calm Mind to +2 and guarantee I live the Shadow Ball barring a crit. Getting a favorable Download still would have failed to do the job, because Raikou isn't strong enough. Latios with Stealth Rocks isn't strong enough to guarantee an OHKO with Shadow Ball here, and that was calced with +1 Adaptability which hits harder than +2 Download. I had to calc out Chandelure's Special Attack just to get an OHKO with Rocks.

This is not fun and it is not conducive to competitive or creative teambuilding. I know the ladder hasn't even been updated to reflect the Murkrow ban yet, but I promise that this chokes the metagame far worse than stall ever did.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-839222766

Here's a replay of this team beating Murkrow stall. Again, Garchomp for A+, add Ursaring to Koko's donors.

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It's near the end of the month so it may be too late to do anything, but I thought I'd once again make a post addressing what people seem to think the main issues are in the current metagame to get some discussion started.

Unburden
I think Unburden is the element I've seen most people voicing concern about. Sceptile!Landorus-T and other users of the ability are incredibly difficult for offense to deal with: they can typically shrug off a priority move or two after a terrain seed boost (and Psychic Terrain negates this entirely) and easily outspeed and ko the majority of offensive Pokemon. While balance and stall are relatively safe against this because they run Unaware, offense does not have the same luxury and as a result Unburden is incredibly oppressive. I've heard some people say this is responsible for stall also being problematic to an extent, because offense needs to prepare so much for Unburden it can't afford to run the breakers that would be needed to properly pressure stall. While I'm unsure if Unburden has this effect, there's no denying it's very difficult for offense to deal with and may be an unhealthy part of the metagame.

Chansey
Some people, myself included, still think stall could be problematic in the metagame. While there hasn't been much time to judge since the Murkrow ban, I think stall is still an incredibly centralizing playstyle requiring niche countermeasures to be properly beaten. Since I've used the playstyle a ton thus far, I think it's reasonable to say Chansey is the most unhealthy part of stall at the moment. It checks basically every special attacker even without Haze, Prankster sets can inherit Taunt + Metal Burst from Sableye or Light Screen from Illumise which make getting past with setup still an incredibly difficult task. I think a Chansey ban also has minimal collateral damage: plenty of other counterplay to special attackers exists that isn't quite as oppressive and Chansey manages to be. You often see people running Knock Off on special attackers just for this Pokemon, which is a testament to the huge influence it has on the metagame. While it's difficult to say for sure yet, I think Chansey is something that should be discussed as a potentially broken Pokemon.

Magnet Pull
I've expressed my opinions on Magnet Pull before, but after this month I feel even more strongly about it than before. Knock Off on Pokemon that Steel-types switch into has become incredibly common, and it's pretty hard to justify as competitive given that once your Shed Shell gets knocked there's almost nothing you can do to prevent your Steel-type from getting trapped. I still feel like this is unhealthy given how central Steel-types are to the metagame, but there may be bigger concerns at the moment.

As a final note, I'm sure everyone has spent a lot of time working on / polishing teams over the month, so if you have any teams you feel are particularly good feel free to submit them as samples! I'll try and update those sometime after this month ends. Thanks to everyone who participated in Inheritance this month, hopefully we can win omotm again soon!

With December coming to an end, I think I'll post my team that peaked at second on the ladder. It started with me trying to build around the Pidgeot set I posted earlier, which softens traditional special walls with knock off. I like to think I got creative by not using any sets that appear on the suggested donors list, so enjoy.

Pidgeot.gif
Thundurus_Therian.gif
Magearna.gif
Buzzwole.gif
Chansey.gif
Gengar.gif

https://pokepast.es/a572e6c1ecc4fcfc
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Grass Whistle
- U-turn/Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 148 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power/Flamethrower

Magearna @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wrap
- Recover
- Perish Song

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Low Kick
- Morning Sun
- High Horsepower/Megahorn
- Will-O-Wisp

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Foul Play/Toxic

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball/Ice Beam

I went over the benefits of Whimsicott!Pidgeot on post #689, and wanted to pair it with a strong special attacker to capitalize on the assault vests and eviolites that Pidgeot removes. Cranidos!Thundurus does just that. It outspeeds any scarf 110's after rock polish (hi Archeops) while ignoring webs, letting it clean easily against offense. The defense EVs let it survive an extra seismic toss, act as a Mega Pinsir check, and set up more easily (surviving a play rough from Mawile!Koko). Flamethrower vs earth power decides whether you hit electric-immune Pex or Celesteela.

The defensive core is pretty standard, but with some donor twists. Chimecho!Magearna checks everything defensive Mag is supposed to (PsySurge MegaZam, head smash spammers, unburden) with a perish-trapping twist. It keeps setup sweepers like Vivillon or Comfey inheritors from getting out of hand, and can also trap pesky poison healers without u-turn. Rapidash!Buzzwole is a physical wall that can turn around and switch into specs eruption from Torkoal mons. How many defensive pokemon can say that? It wisps physical breakers, and I use high horsepower to punish Mega Mawiles and Alolawaks that try and set up past your wisp (but megahorn is a stronger STAB option). Tornadus-T!Chansey is typical regen Chansey, and for this team it serves as a reliable defogger and slow pivot (especially against other sheer force mons).

Frillish!Gengar is something that I didn't expect to work but ended up sticking around for me. I hated rain teams, since specs Keldeo pressured Chansey and Mega Swampert can break Buzzwole if it gets an early boost. I also needed speed control for thing like Koko, and an emergency check to bellyspeeders. Gengar patches these holes. It outspeeds and OHKOs Swampert in rain, while being immune to anything Keldeo does that scares Chansey. I guess ice beam can be used if you don't care about Pert, but I don't recommend it. Trick is a last ditch option against a boosted bellyspeeder (since this team has no unaware) or a boosted Koko that carries sucker punch. Against teams where the speed control is unnecessary, it can screw over a fatmon or something that needs a boost to be effective.

So there you have it. Finding a team that can put up a fight against both bulky and offensive archetypes isn't easy in inheritance, but I think this squad does it. Of course, you can't pack a check everything in this meta, which is why it's so great. My all time least favorite set to face was Volcarona!MegaZardY, since it can boost past Chansey unless it runs toxic and doesn't care about the rest of my team after a single QD. Other problems include rain teams that include Koko (they seriously pressure Gengar) and bulky teams with Emolga!Celesteela that has u-turn (trick it a scarf to have any chance at winning). Regardless, the team served me well, and hopefully its fun and unique sets can be useful to others as well.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Bumping this to make a couple announcements:

First of all, Inheritance is one of the featured metagames in the upcoming OM Snake Draft! You can find the player signups here, if you enjoyed Inheritance when it was OMotM then this is a great chance to play it in a tournament setting.

Coinciding with OM Snake Draft, we've also updated the Sample Teams with a bunch of new squads for new and returning players to try out. Submissions for sample teams are always open, so if you have a solid team you feel is worth a spot please post it in the thread here!

Lastly, a few small changes were made to the Viability Rankings. No Pokemon actually changed ranks, but the donors listed for each Pokemon were updated to fit the current metagame better, and donors were also ordered in terms of relative viability. Again, if you feel a donor isn't listed that should be or that a Pokemon should change ranks then make your thoughts known in the thread!

That's everything, make sure you sign up for OM Snake Draft if Inheritance interests you!

Garchomp still has Zygarde listed as a donor, but Zygarde is no longer legal as a donor or inheritor (unless Zygarde is unbanned in Inh). Haxorus should replace it, though, or Dragonite if you really want Extreme Speed and the additional bulk Multiscale provides.

Any updates on magnet pull and unburden? These two are incredibly centralizing abilities last times it inheritance won omotm and im wondering if any action is gonna be taken against it

There’s a problem with the validator. It’s saying I can’t have the same nicknames on multiple Pokémon (presumably referring to the donor clause since I don’t have nicknames at all) but it’s saying I have more than one Vikavolt when none of my Pokemon are inheriting from that and none are Vikavolt itself. I have two levitate users but from completely separate lines (Eelektross and Mismagius) with sets Vikavolt cannot possibly have. It seems the donor clause is running its check like an ability clause.

Original idea by Snaquaza. Taken over from nv.

Art by KAIZA
Inheritance

Any Pokemon in the metagame can "inherit" the moves and ability from a certain Pokemon. It has to inherit both the moves and the ability. You may only use the moves and ability from that Pokemon, so you lose your own (Unless you choose to inherit your own moves/ability). The game will just check if there's any Pokemon with it as a legal combination.

Council
Pigeons
Funbot28

Rules

Mechanic:
Any Pokemon can inherit any Pokemon's movepool and abilities.

Clauses: OU clauses, Donor Clause (see below)

Bans:
Pokemon
Cresselia
Cresselia was banned due to its overwhelming bulk, which allowed it to check 80% of the metagame with its Unaware set inheriting from Swoobat alone. Other sets like Prankster Haze from Murkrow and Magic Bounce from Xatu allowed it the versatility to pick and choose what it checked and what it was checked by. The metagame lacked consistent ways to break and punish Cresselia, so it was quickbanned.
Blacephalon
Blacephalon was banned because its offensive presence was too much for the metagame. Its set inheriting from Torkoal was almost impossible to switch into due to the massive power of Sun-boosted Eruption (which could be further boosted by Choice Specs). This was so oppressive that teams were practically forced to run either Flash Fire or Guzzlord on every team, and Blacephalon still had the tools to work around these checks. Blacephalon made the meta very overcentralized around itself, resulting in it being quickbanned.

Gyarados-Mega
Hoopa-Unbound
Kartana
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-Black's issues in standard play are a thing of the past in Inheritance as it can inherit from multiple Pokemon, such as Dragonite and Aurorus, forcing the metagame to adapt to such a volatile and unpredictable threat is just asking for the meta to become very stale very quickly.
Regigigas
This is in a similar boat as Slaking since it has 670 BST and a horrible ability, all while having a more even spread of bulk with 110/110/110 defenses and being able to get rid of its ability, which is the only thing really holding it back, is enough for me to quickban this before it gets out of hand.
Shedinja
Shedinja inheriting from Donphan (or any mon with Sturdy) makes this a very annoying Pokemon as it becomes similar to Sturdinja from BH and, in the case of Donphan, has access to Endeavor and priority to take out any mon with ease. While status, entry hazards, or weather would get rid of this with ease, it would in turn centralize the meta around these three things just to keep it in check and as such this is ban from being an inheritor.
Slaking
With its massive 670 BST, great physical presence with base 160 Attack and base 100 Speed, and decent 150/100/65 bulk, all while being able to get rid of Truant allows this to become a massive threat..so much so, that I figured a quickban for this was in order.

Abilities
Arena Trap
Imposter
Huge/Pure Power
Speed Boost
Water Bubble
Innards Out

Moves
Assist
Baton Pass
Chatter
Shell Smash

Donor Clause
• You cannot inherit from banned Pokemon
• No two Pokemon on your team may inherit from the same evolutionary line. The purpose of this rule is to encourage diversity, not to ban broken things.
You cannot Inherit from Slowbro and Slowpoke on the same team
You can Inherit from Slowbro and Slowking on the same team
You cannot Inherit from Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Mow on the same team
You can Inherit from Vaporeon and Jolteon on the same team

In addition, the following may not be Donors:
Smeargle
Smeargle having access to any move due to Sketch means any mon inheriting from it will have access to any move which is no good as it would cause a chaotic mess and be absolutely broken and therefore inheriting from Smeargle will be banned in SM Inheritiance.

Murkrow
Murkrow gives a huge number of support moves, most notably Haze, as well as a phenomenal ability in Prankster. This gave defensive Pokemon unparalleled flexibility and potency while contributing to the overcentralization of stall in the metagame. As a result, Murkrow was suspected and banned as a donor.

Unbans: None yet!

Strategy:

With the ability to inherit from any Pokemon, a lot of Pokemon can use their typing and stats coupled with another mon's movepool and abilities and become even better than before. Suicune inheriting from Quagsire allows it to be a very solid stop to setup sweepers with Unaware + Recover while it could inherit from Masquerain to become a massive threat on its own with Intimidate + Quiver Dance + STAB Hydro Pump alongside decent coverage moves in Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and so on. Essentially, there are so many combinations for players to discover, leaving a lot of room to explore in this metagame.

Q&A:

Q:
Where is this playable?
A: Thanks to Spandan it is playable on DragonHeaven!

*Q*:How do you make a Pokémon a donator?

Additional Rules / Clarifications:
- The game will just check if there's any Pokemon with it as a legal combination.
- Donor Reveal: The donor will display as a Pokemon switches in.
- You can only inherit from OU Pokemon and below. e.g. Keldeo -> Primal Kyogre or Camerupt -> Primal Groudon are illegal (unless the Uber is unbanned)
- You may not inherit from Mega Evolutions (although you can still inherit from Pokemon that have a Mega Evolution).
- Mega Evolutions lose their inherited ability upon Mega-Evolving.

I have an issue, my Weavile set is being called illegal when I'm inheriting from Feraligatr, but as far as I can tell it should be completely legal? Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Crunch, Earthquake, with Sheer Force. Completely legal from Feraligatr, and I don't see bans on that move or ability in the OP.
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.05.19 PM.png

Edit: Apparently instead of saying anything about EVs it just says it's illegal, that's very confusing. Adding EVs fixes it.

Well, I tried some things.

How bad are those?

Lycanroc Ttar-Mega:

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Accelerock
- Zen Headbutt

Stoutland Koko:

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Play Rough
- Pursuit

Probopass Lando:

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Volt Switch
- Fire Punch
- Taunt

You're honestly better off running Lycanroc-Dusk without Tyranitarite. Tyranitar is one of the better revenge killers in the metagame with that set and a Life Orb, and there's better candidates for setting Sand. As for abusers, I'd pick something stronger than Tapu Koko. 700 Speed is overkill, too.

Here is an alternative to banned Murkrow.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

Alternatively more bulk investments instead of Atk.
Other moves: U-Turn, Substitute, Tailwind, Worry Seed, Spite, maybe even Curse.

Here is an alternative to banned Murkrow.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

Alternatively more bulk investments instead of Atk.
Other moves: U-Turn, Substitute, Tailwind, Worry Seed, Spite, maybe even Curse.
Pretty cool set; I am thinking about using something like this with Chansey (Xatu), so Sableye won't be missed much. But I was also thinking of this set on Chansey...

Chansey @ eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

This set inherits Gastrodon, with the main appeal being sticky hold, which means you can't lose eviolite (bar moldbreaker knock off or trick). It's also the only mon with the ability that gets reliable recovery, though it does miss out on haze (can't use clear smog on steel types) and fixed-damage moves. I haven't tested it, and I'm not sure how good it would be.

Pretty cool set; I am thinking about using something like this with Chansey (Xatu), so Sableye won't be missed much. But I was also thinking of this set on Chansey...

Chansey @ eviolite
Bold nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

This set inherits Gastrodon, with the main appeal being sticky hold, which means you can't lose eviolite (bar moldbreaker knock off or trick). It's also the only mon with the ability that gets reliable recovery, though it does miss out on haze (can't use clear smog on steel types) and fixed-damage moves. I haven't tested it, and I'm not sure how good it would be.

Chansey @ eviolite
Bold nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes /toxic spikes
- Recover
- Toxic / uturn
- Final Gambit

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Wanna discuss some noms I have for the current VR that I feel can help reflect the current meta and would like to see others opinions on:

A -> A+
Garchomp is one of the best SR users in the current meta due to the devastating power behind its SD + Z sets and unpredictability when it comes to which Z-move it chooses to run (whether it be Z-Outrage, Z-Earthquake or even Z- Stone Edge). It is able to apply pressure to many common defensive cores and is still fast enough to be a nuisance to offensive teams as well due to its above average Speed and the potential of DD sets as well. That is not all though, as Choice Band sets inheriting from either Zygarde-10% or more uncommon inheritors such as Gumshoos also have the potential to catch common checks such as Celesteela and Buzzwole off guard. Garchomp just has all the tools it needs to be an amazing offensive force in the current meta that should def rise because of this.

A+ -> A
While I still consider Suicune to be a great defensive mon right now, I just don't see it as A+ material at the current moment especially given the rise of threats such as Tapu Koko, Drought Chandelure, and Mold Breaker Garchomp applying a ton of pressure to it. I feel its hard to build with Suicune outside of Stall given how other defensive Waters such as Toxapex, Swampert, and even Tapu Fini generally offer a bit more due to their own secondary typings giving an advantages in certain MUs such as Tapu Koko and Terrakion specifically.

B -> B+/A-
While I initially thought that Zeraora would be outclassed by Tapu Koko for the most part due to the latters secondary typing and higher physical attack, Zera has definitely shown to have some advantages of its own over the Tapu, with factors such as a Higher Speed and better mixed offenses specifically offering sets inheriting from Nidoking and Kecleon / Greninja being a great anti-offense answer. Even sets such as Druddigon lead sets have been popping up a ton on Hyper Offense and help define the style in general. While I still consider Tapu Koko to be generally superior, I still feel that Zera offers enough to warrant a rise from its current position.

C+ -> B-/B
Doublade is a pretty great defensive pivot right now being able to check the likes of Terrakion, Tapu Koko, Landorus-T, and Snorlax depending on who it chooses to inherit from. While it can still be generally passive most of the time as it does not apply the most offensive pressure in general, it still acts as a great check all answer to a bunch of physical threats that I feel should go up.

People have been discussing Magnet Pull and Unburden as well, while I do not find the latter to be overbearing in the slightest thanks to many Unaware mons stopping Unburden sweepers in their tracks, the centralization of Magnet Pull + powerful attackers such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, and Tapu Koko is something I have been noticing more and more and would like to hear others opinions on as well as to whether or not we should look into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)