Inheritance Inheritance (Tier survey in post #313)

Somehow successfully laddering enough to make it to 1300. Will probably spike my ELO tomorrow, here's some sets and thoughts.

:Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

He finally did it, everyone. Scarf Iron Valiant outspeeds at +1 252+ Speed, but +1 252+ Earthquake and Iron Head both smoke IV if it tries to switch in on a predicted Scale Shot. You absolutely need a teammate for Ground-immune Steels. Probably a little worse now that Torkoal's gone, but I still find success using this.

:Iron Bundle:
Iron Bundle @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- U-turn

IB probably needs to go. Lighting fast, hits extremely hard, massive Knock Off trap, and can pivot. Frankly I'm just glad Pelipper doesn't still have Defog.

Been playing metagame for fun, reached 1400 with couple of HO teams(pls ban mag). Offense seems really strong rn. Also learned that some regular pokemon are just really strong.
:Great tusk: :Grimmsnarl: :garchomp: :staraptor: :chi-yu: :magearna:

:iron bundle: :electrode: :dragapult: :urshifu: :baxcalibur: :chi-yu:

Also why can they have both Persian and meowth alola? Can't you not have pokemon from the same evolution line?
(Replay for context)

Edit: also don't understand why you can't have scizor+kleavor on the same team. They are different to each other like eeveelutions

Last edited:
Hot take but even with drag and mag being the two best pokemon right now, I don't think either deserve a ban. There are more counters to Dragapult than there were to Iron Moth, since it plays a risky game switching in, dies to Knock Off from tankier mons, dies to Sucker Punch, and dies to basically anything with a sash or a choice scarf. It's very hard to switch into but both Ting Lu and Goodra-H, along with a myriad of other Pokemon that would inherit from Cyclizar, can very reasonably switch into a predicted resisted attack and threaten a clean one hit ko from full health with Knock Off without being in range of Close Combat. It's honestly kinda like gen 1 Tauros in its coverage and role, which is fitting considering its inheriting from it. Drag takes all aspects of Tauros to extremes but dying to slightly more than a summer breeze really keeps it in line.

Magearna is a bit more problematic despite being a worse Pokemon (in this format) because its more difficult to slot in the things that counter it and once it gets going it's extremely oppressive. However, it often suffers from being slow alongside having to frequently use very average power moves. Every variant not running stored power also loses to unaware pokemon that are not weak to Fairy.

Each of its donors has a pretty defined counter. For the Quiver Dancers, Volcarona loses to Fire types, Frosmoth loses to Steels and Masquerain loses to anything tanky that isn't weak to Surf, Ice Beam, or Shadow Ball. Outside of those Magearna has to use Calm Mind or Nasty Plot, and then loses to anything that can shellack it while it sets up, as long as that thing isn't weak to Fairy (Draining Kiss). The CM variants get access to abilities such as Levitate, Magic Bounce, and even Prankster and Pixillate, but are often vulnerable to simply being beat down upon while also checked by Steels because even if Magearna manages to inherit a coverage move to kill them it can't use Draining Kiss to heal.

Edit: Also, tanky pokemon inheriting Garganacl also can beat it pretty solidly.

The most broken aspect about it is simply how much value is gained by not revealing it until all counters have been eliminated.

Also another hot take but I'm convinced Fighting is the best type in the format beside because it's the only type both Ting Lu and Goodra-H are weak to and those pokemon are impossible to kill without abusing their weaknesses.

Last edited:
Been playing metagame for fun, reached 1400 with couple of HO teams(pls ban mag). Offense seems really strong rn. Also learned that some regular pokemon are just really strong.
:Great tusk: :Grimmsnarl: :garchomp: :staraptor: :chi-yu: :magearna:

:iron bundle: :electrode: :dragapult: :urshifu: :baxcalibur: :chi-yu:

Also why can they have both Persian and meowth alola? Can't you not have pokemon from the same evolution line?
(Replay for context)

Edit: also don't understand why you can't have scizor+kleavor on the same team. They are different to each other like eeveelutions
Sorry for double post. Chi Yu is likely going to be worse than Iron Moth because it's fighting weak and doesn't resist fairy. That's why most people opt for Iron Moth over it or Volc. Resistances to those types are incredible in this format.

Also, I haven't seen many Staraptors, and Electrode-H doesn't seem overbearing either. There are better options for screens support, although it's not terrible in that regard. Screens in general are just very okay in this format, and so long as you knock off the light clay for round 2, they are very manageable.

The Kleavor/Scizor thing is likely a glitch or oversight. Not sure about Perrserker/Persian-A though.

I haven't found Dragapult to be overbearing myself, though it is very good, but Magearna as a donor is as problematic or more than as an inheritor. I don't remember being able to run a mon as both in a single team in prior generations, but I could be wrong. Magearna has the best defensive typing in the game with an outrageously optimized BST. Giving it the pick of the litter in any set it wants, offensive, defensive, or utility, while also providing a teammate with its own auto-snowballing special/mixed sweeper kit is too much.

I've been playing around with this meta for a bit, and while I'm not super high on the ladder, I have been finding a lot of success with this set.

zapdos.png
(
426.png
)
Zapblim (Zapdos) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 64 HP / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt

This set usually serves as an endgame cleaner, using the unburden boost to gain speed that most threats in the meta simply cannot match even with multiple speed boosts, and making use of calm mind and strength sap to take its time to set up. It's pretty high commitment since if you switch out you can't get the unburden boost again, so you need to be careful about when you send it in, but if it's in a good position it's very hard to stop.

This set works best with support from screens or parting shot to help with the initial setup. Zapdos has decent natural bulk, so it can usually take a hit, but there's a lot of strong stuff that you need to be wary of, either taking them out first, or giving it the defensive support it needs to set up in spite of them. The biggest threats are Goodra-H and certain unaware users, but if you can get damage on them with the rest of your team first, this thing still might be able to muscle past them. EVs probably could be optimized, I'm just eyeballing it to see what looks good.

In general, I think unburden is something that warrants more exploration, since speed control is so important in this meta and unburden provides a boost to that which is pretty much unmatched.

electraviolet

formerly Certified-Edgelord
Bundle is incredibly polarizing imo and it has to go. It can run Adaptability, SFLO, and Drizzle, all which have different checks and counters due to the distribution of moves. It’s too versatile and can 2hko practically every mom.

Hey everyone! This'll be my first post, and after I've secured rank 1 and rank 4 and 5 (also 13 i guess), I feel like I have comfortably gained enough knowledge on this tier to drop my insight. A lot of people may recognize me as edward (vu edward, vu eddie, eddieGP), I've been consistently peaking rank 1 (multiple times) on at least one of the OM's of the month every month, but inheritance has been one of my favorites. I've been able to get above 1450 very comfortably with a couple different teams. I wanna describe a couple mons that helped me get there.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 8.31.48 PM.png

:annihilape: + any samurott-h inheritors or spike setter
Why haven't I seen this running around absolutely everywhere? IDK because if you build a decent team w this, getting to 1400+ is easy. When ape inherits from breloom, the poison heal allows this mon to beat so many stables in the meta. The set I have been using stops basically every spinner barring maybe a cryo gholdengo. This is the idea I was building my team around to get to 1630: set up spikes w a samurott inh and never let the other team spin. Most teams have been using cyclizar inheritors as their sole hazard control and after ape activates its orb, it is a consistent spin blocker and wall to i believe every possible set there is. Worry seed is to beat other poison heal users and garg sets that can be toxic'd. Pult cant OHKO this set which allows ape to get a toxic off, protect for more health, than switch out to a check. Ape is able to check so many mons in this meta including most walls in the game, any garg set, any cyc set, heck even strong special attackers like bundle. I would say the only way to beat this shit is either overwhelming them with predictions and attacks, strong physical hits, knocking off before it gets its orb, or your own poison heal worry seeder.

Build a team around this, make sure to cover annihilape's weaknesses (pult, strong physical attackers, etc), force people to switch around a lot and you will win easy games.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Annihilape: 283-338 (66.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Annihilape @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Worry Seed
- Protect

:dragapult:
The big sets running around are dragalge or mixed sheer force, but I believe the better set is mixed sheer force. This set is borderline broken because it is unbelievably easy to deal with the counters to this mon with a well built team. Max HP AV hoodra gets destroyed by shadow ball into cc. Pult's speed allows it to beat big threats in the meta like iron bundle and iron valiant. The coverage with ice beam and thunderbolt allow it to deal with ting-lu and toxapex. In order to really deal with this mon, you need to catch your opponent with a scarf mon, you need to use multiple mons to deal with it, or have a good garg inheritor to wall it.

Shoutout to the people running around with banded cinderace pult. It hits surprisingly hard and can destroy teams that don't have a good physical wall.

:cresselia:
This mon inheriting from garg imo is one of the best walls in the game. With salt cure, this mon can deal with set up magearna, wall pult, beats cyclizar hoodra or gambit w salt cure/body press, wall basically any physical attacker after an iron defense, etc. Can't be status'd so you gotta be a strong ass breaker to kill this thing. Cress can just win games with iron defense and is also a great mon against any unaware mons because it can't be toxic'd. But the thing I love MOST about this mon is that it slaps around sheer force dragapult. On my team, I use a max hp max def set with ZERO spdef investment and it takes 35.8 - 42.7% from sheer force life orb shadow ball. With ANY spdef investment, pult is not a threat to this set (barring a crit).

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Purifying Salt Cresselia: 159-190 (35.8 - 42.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I also think the best sam user is Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. I've used scarfed before (which is a demon), being able to beat pult and revenge a lot of mons. The set I am using is protective pads SD. Usually I don't even need to SD, but being able to switch attacks makes this mon really hard to switch into. I also think sash is very viable for the right kind of teams.

:magearna:
Okay this thing is just straight up stupid. I've pasted the set that has gotten me success. This sweeper was what I 6-0'd most people under 1300 with. It guarantee lives two consecutive superpowers from max attack enam valiant (meaning it can always switch in on it unless mag is not full or val has a boosting item/adamant nature). This shit walls most sets garchomp/lando/great tusk/enamorus can run. After a couple boosts, this thing also beats basically every mon there is except garg users. It easily sets up on AV hoodra late game and can't be phased out my dragon tail. The only things that beat this are fat pp-stalling unaware mons or garg sets. Another set that is running around is the frosmoth set, which is also good but doesn't have recovery. I've personally never used the set but I've seen others use it, and for GOD'S SAKE please run shield dust for salt cure or tbolt para's. Ice scales is very situational, being useful against maybe pult and bundle but other than that it doest help you sweep. After a couple calm minds ice scales is barely noticeable. I should've lost to this set so many times but all the sets I see are ice scales so I beat them with salt cure or boosting with my own cress mag and tbolt para.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

:iron valiant:
Let me preface this section by saying I have reached rank 1 a couple times with multiple accounts and I have not ever used Enam Iron Valiant, but it is most definitely a big threat. I've seen a substitute set run around that is pretty good and can beat mons its not supposed to. Perrserker sets also hit like a truck and can destroy teams that aren't prepared. On one of my earlier teams, I used a Hisui-Sam Val which put in so much work with it's insane coverage. To beat this shit, personally I always had a magearna or pult to revenge it. I personally don't like scarf enam val because it can't usually lock into a single move to break anything. (I think enam mixed/physical is the best set)

Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Ceaseless Edge
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam

(I haven't used this set in a while but I still think it is good)

:goodra-hisui:
Not much to say, this is the reason most special attackers are useless. Predict pult cc's, and dont get trapped by a magnet pull great tusk and you should be fine to wall half the metagame.

Do I think anything is ban worthy? If I had to pick something it'd be ceaseless edge or poison heal. The annihilape hazard stack strat has been working way too easily for me. Some games, I can tell turn 1 that I am gonna win (if ceaseless edge is able to get up easily and if they don't have a solid hazard remover). I wrote this post completely off of my personal experiences and a lot of sets here won't be good without a well built team around it. There are many other mons that are relevant and strong in the meta that I have not included because I have not used them or I think there is enough counterplay to deal with them. I also want to shoutout AB The Goat and ElRompeTesoOLT, rank 2 and 3 right now. These two players were also abusing the annihilape set and built crazy coercive stall teams around it and it is DIFFICULT AS SHIT to beat them. I don't think I've beaten ElRompeTesoOLT yet and I've beaten AB ONLY when I made doubles and predictions like a madman. I'm gonna try to be more active in this community so let me know what yall think or if you have any questions about my thought process.

Is Magnet Pull GT a real set? It feels like an unset
:great tusk: :magnezone: I've used it a couple times on teams just to ohko hoodra (if it has no def investment and its chipped or you can use rocky helmet to kill off the u-turn) and it works well with pokemon like adaptability iron bundle since water resistances are rarer than you'd think. Also it's a great wall against physical attackers, checks most samurott-hisui users, has volt for momentum, and rest for longevity. Can sometimes just sweep teams that are physical attacker based w/ iron def. Its just that its honestly hard to fit on a team.

252+ Def Great Tusk Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra-Hisui: 290-344 (79.6 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Magnezone (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Volt Switch
- Iron Defense
- Rest

Fun OM, I just broke 1450 on ladder using two different teams. Initially I just slapped broken abilities on good mons and called it a day but after playing higher on the ladder I started to see more optimization of teams that kind of boiled down to the same strategy. A lot of it was summed up in posed 's post but I wanted to post my own.

:Urshifu-Rapid Strike: + :Annihilape:
Annihilape with poisonheal is so good because its the only super relevant spinblocker that beats Hisuian Goodra, the best spinner in the tier imo. It doesnt mind knock off after it gets its toxic orb activated and shrugs off dracometeor damage. Defog isn't very popular as there aren't a ton of good users to inherit from and tidy up is pretty much locked to offensive normal types (ew). With Urshifu using ceaseless edge it gets spikes for free while also gaining sharpness boost on both stabs. Together+toxic spikes, its really really hard to remove hazards from the field and they both are lowkey broken on their own. Sharpness on both stabs+a move that sets spikes is insane . Jolly urshifu is doing 55 min to a defensive scream tail while ceaseless edge is doing 50 min to cress while also setting spikes. Those seem like the most popular defensive glue mons and they fail to stop urshifu. Annihilape is even more crazy. Ive been using Bulkup/Worry seed/ Drain punch/ LeechSeed +Toxic spikes with 252+ SpD and it reliably 1v1s things like non cm screamtail (both unaware and bulky magic bounce) cresselia, corviknight, tusk, lando, and other pheal users. This combo seems like the most reliable and consistent core ive been able to find.

:scream tail:

Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
is the set Ive been abusing but ive seen others inherit from espeon to get moonlight. Nuzzle is just such a good move that its hard to pass up on, its almost like you get a free ko on offensive pokemon and it lets you beat crazy things like cm magearna and stuff like that. Gets around unaware users, cant get directly statused, immune to phazing and dragontail, all around just a bitch to play against. Provides great utility as a bulky magic bouncer and can usually always survive a hit and get a para off. One of my favorite sets to use and can 6-0 teams pretty easily if given a single turn. Covert cloak is also a good option but makes ST not as proficient at taking stray hits or setting up from the jump. Completely stonewalling gargCresselia is very satisfying though.

:Iron-Hands:
Another busted abuser of poison heal. This thing is a great win condition and really fucks with bulky builds. Ive been using Bulkup/Drainpunch/thunderpunch/machpunch where you can sub in protect, worryseed, stunspore, or even spore. Stunspore i found useful for catching worryseed poisonheal Annihilape thats popular on higher ladder. Spore+Poisonheal I thought would be super annoying but with everything having purifying salt, magicbounce, or other status negating abilities I dont think itd be as gamebreaking as one may think. Could destroy some teams that rely on heavy special assault to break through as ironhands can eat something like a dragapult shadowball, and put it to sleep.

Ill update this later with some of my other favorites but this is what I got for now

Last edited:
I personally found Iron Hands to be quite meh, with so many Ghosts around. And, since Breelom does not learn Ice Punch, you have to rely on Stone Edge to hit Dragapult. You have Thunder Punch to hit Gholdengo (but then you have to not use mahc punch if you want to hit both). Other random ghosts exist, like Annihilape and Zoroark-Hisui, both hit by Thunder Punch but also both not ohkoed by it.

I have not seen these two being used though:

Roaring Moon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability/Stakeout
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I must admit, I love SFLO a bit much HAHA
I use a similar set in AAA (but with Fire Fang instead of Body Slam since Moon learns that); it hits hard and has enough coverage to ohko/2hko a good chunch of the tier.

Weavile*Gumshoosh or how it is spelled is another fun mon. Adapt is generally better, because almost no one switches out in front of it, but Stakeout has its uses; especially if a teammate has Encore. Of course, one of the uses is also forcing people to simply choose which mon to sacrifice sometimes.
The rest of the team is meh, don't worry about it.

Weavile*Gumshoosh or how it is spelled is another fun mon. Adapt is generally better, because almost no one switches out in front of it, but Stakeout has its uses; especially if a teammate has Encore. Of course, one of the uses is also forcing people to simply choose which mon to sacrifice sometimes.
The rest of the team is meh, don't worry about it.
Shouldn't you be using Chien-Pao instead of Weavile? It's bulkier and faster

OK, so I've been having a lot of fun with this set

:Shroodle:x:Ting-Lu:
Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Dig
- Toxic
- Copycat
- Substitute

yea, it's copycat Dig, kinda self explanatory, you survive the hit, click Dig and proceed to heal up to full with lefties because they can't hit you while doing good chunks of damage. If you don't do enough damage, you can Toxic stall while not being hit.
Can also be used for PP stalling mons like Garg inheritors' Body Press, can even Copycat their own Salt Cure which is funny.

There are definitely ways to stop this set: Earthquake, priority while it's Copycatting, Steel/Poison/Dark types that are Flying/Levitating/Earth Eating, Bulky Poison Heal mons, just hitting it hard enough, Etc.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Laddered about 50 games using a mixture of absolutely unserious teams, and moderately serious ones. This absolutely informs the rest of this post, and I'll try to get some properly serious games in soon.

Sheer Force Pult feels incredibly difficult to really safely deal with, and sorta breaks the back of a lot of offense just by existing. A lot of my wins on ladder came down to just trying to force a late game where pult is against a mildly (read very mildly) chipped team that it could just click through. While it obviously does have its drawbacks related to being unable to OHKO everything, and Sucker Punch Samu-H inheritors forcing it out, these don't feel that major, and it absolutely has ways around these (Substitute is very valid last). Its hard to say if the issue is Sheer Force or Pult here. Looking for other SF abusers, none really have the combo of great mixed attacking stats needed to fully abuse the combo of just insane special coverage + nailing Hoodra with CC, great speed, the ability to get stab on a good move, and taking neutral from SR. It's sorta a perfect storm here, and I really can't find another mon that feels as overwhelming as pult does with SF inheritance.

Ceaseless Edge inheritors also feel very dumb. Being able ot force a switch using a 100 BP dark move, and also spike at the same time is a bit silly in a format where removal sorta sucks unless its a Cyc inheritor (easily blocked). This doesn't feel as like, immediately broken, as SF Pult does, but like, it still feels very constraining, and the dual pressure of SF Pult preventing you from trying to run too offensive of a team, and Ceaseless forcing you to win fast feels fairly constraining.

Finally, it feels very easy to get stuck into Mage wars, cause often the best way to deal with a Mage that's scummed a +1 boost is to send in your own Mage, and hope you crit first. There's simply just a tremendous number of options you can stick onto the mon given great all around bulk, good offenses, and great typing, and trying to guess how its gonna win can really leave a lot of games feeling difficult if its held in the back. I'd been running Cress!Mage, just cause Stored Power can scum past some Unaware inheritors, but the ability to run literally any set it wants can feel quite silly at times.

Oh, also Enam!Valiant is quite unfun to face, though highkey that feels like a Valiant problem more than a Enam problem, and its really ;more just a mon that forces incredibly immediate counterplay, with a single misstep ending the game.

I'm sure PH inheritors also can do a lot of silly stuff, but didn't run into a ton, so can't really say a ton on them.

That said, enough complaining, and enjoy this complete meme of a team: https://pokepast.es/7708f1768d6ead21

electraviolet

formerly Certified-Edgelord
Okay, so, TL;DR— Bundle has got to go
:iron bundle:<— (The biggest pain in the ass of this tier)

Okay, so, this little bugger has been the absolute bane of my existence since the beginning of the opening of this OM— and for good reason nonetheless. Our culprit has 3 main sets with wildly different checks and counters, and I’ll be going over each of them in this megapost. PS: this is my fist time doing something like this on Smogon so please let me know if I’m doing anything incorrectly

Exhibit A:
Genesis 7:4 —" For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forth nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth "

:pelipper: x :iron bundle:
Pelipper (Iron Bundle) @ Choice Specs / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn / Knock Off
Drizzle carries immediate power for Water type moves, giving Bundle its’ strongest possible Hydro Pump without assistance, and provides Iron Bundle with U-Turn / Knock Off for obvious switches into Assault Vest users and easy pivots.The latter few moves make it incredibly difficult to play around.

Exhibit B:
Mark 5:9 —" And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. "

:basculegion: x :iron bundle:
Basculegion (Iron Bundle) (M) @ Choice Specs / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Modest/Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball / Taunt / Substitute
Adaptability and Iron Bundle are two words that should never have shared a sentence. The main usage of this set would be on a Rain Team with a convenient rain setter to further boost your Hydro Pump.

Exhibit C:
Deuteronomy 33:17 — " His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh. "

:tauros: x :iron bundle:
Tauros (Iron Bundle) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Normal
Modest/Timid Nature
- Surf
- Close Combat / Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
SFLO (Sheer Force Life Orb) is just plain stupid with its coverage. Close Combat, specifically, is able to do significant damage to certain RegenVest (Regenerator + Assault Vest) Cyclizar Inheritors ( :cyclizar: x :muk-alola: / :goodra-hisui: ) that would typically wall Iron Bundle.

CALCS:
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola in Rain: 187-222 (45.2 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola in Rain: 207-244 (50.1 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola in Rain: 250-296 (60.5 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 168-198 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 168-198 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes

A Water Absorb inheritor ( :wooper-paldea: x :great tusk: / :landorus-therian: ) is literally necessary to combat an Iron Bundle’s Hydro Pump / Urshifu-Rapid-Strike’s ( :samurott-hisui: / :quaquaval: x :urshifu-rapid-strike: ) ridiculously strong Water type moves, and all of these powerful attackers are able to consistently OHKO your standard Water Absorber regardless.

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (Just for the hypothetical) Great Tusk: 446-528 (102.7 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

" But wait, James? What about Goodra-Hisui ( :cyclizar: x :goodra-hisui: ) "

0- Atk Life Orb Iron Bundle Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Goodra-Hisui: 143-169 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

0- Atk Life Orb Iron Bundle Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Goodra-Hisui: 143-169 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes0- Atk Life Orb Iron Bundle Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Goodra-Hisui: 143-169 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes

Aside from this, Goodra-Hisui is a pretty decent counter for Iron Bundle.. until you factor in the fact that the most common Bundle teammates are able to put it in check, and that it’ll be heftily worn down by spikes only to switch into a free 45~ damage factoring hazards.

This mon is incredibly polarizing, hard to deal with, and unhealthy for the meta. It inhibits creativity on a LOT of bulkier teams, and has different ways to be combatted dependent on what set its using. I believe a suspect (if OMOTMS have those) or an outright quickban would be incredibly beneficial for this otherwise amazing tier.

I guess I’ll also take this time and attention to post my team that I made with help from dogpraxis. I’ll make another post going in-depth with it later, but it’s fairly self explanatory (https://pokepast.es/74c83791b5161b9f)

Thank you ALL for reading, feel free to respond for concerns. Again, this is my first time posting something like this so please bare with me. God bless you all, and have fun!!

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Question someone here may be able to help me with

Im trying to build a team with barraskewda as urshifu, and uxie as volcanion but it keeps saying the two are Illegal sets

Does anybody here have any ideas as to what may be causing this
Is because Urshifu and Volcanion can't be shiny, inh checks for the set legality and being a Shiny matters as there are pokemon that only have moves/abilities if they are/arent shiny.
First off, the easiest way to set-build is to start by building the mon you are inheriting from (in Barraskewda's case, start by selecting Urshifu), graabbing moves and ability you want, then hit export and replace Urshifu with Barraskewda.

Secondly, make sure you inherit only one move pool. You lose the inheritor's movepool when you inherit a new movepool and ability set. That's the problem you have with Uxie currently (Volcanion doesn't have BPress)
It does learn bpress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)