Rejected - Inactive Ingame Smogon Dex

So everyone knows how you have you links to teambuilder, ladders, chats and watch a battle. Why not add a little button that creates a page in Showdown to the Smogon Pokedex. I think this will help alot because you will have to no longer switch back and forth and it will be right there on a different tab like your teambuilder or a chat room. Knowing me it is probably already in the game, but I didn't even notice. Plus, I don't know what the program is capable of, whether its just the live website in Showdown or ideally if it was a separate GUI. The main Idea is to show base and good move sets and to see what people have previously written about on the Pokemon.

I think that NetBattle had something like this. It was feature that allowed a player to quickly get information on the opponent's Pokemon. It was really nice. Personally I think that /dt should just give information on the opponent's Pokemon by default.

Of course that's a bit different to linking to the Smogon dex which is even nicer considering that can be used to scout for which moves the opponent is likely to have.

Though on the other hand it's pretty easy to quickly look up Smogon myself. But I'd still like a quick command to look up the opponent's Pokemon on Smogon.

I wasn't really thinking about using to look up your opponents pokes, but that idea isn't bad. However I was thinking that it would be more useful for when team building especially the little notes that writers put down in the dex for the weaklings like me

Showdown has some similar features to this. In the chat (and during battles) if you type /smogdex [pokemon], it will generate a link to that Pokemon's Smogon analysis. When teambuilding in the builder, if you open the EVs/IVs/nature section, you can click on a link that says "(Smogon analysis)" to go to that Pokemon's analysis.

Showdown has some similar features to this. In the chat (and during battles) if you type /smogdex [pokemon], it will generate a link to that Pokemon's Smogon analysis. When teambuilding in the builder, if you open the EVs/IVs/nature section, you can click on a link that says "(Smogon analysis)" to go to that Pokemon's analysis.
Yeah, but that still requires flipping back and forth between browser tabs. It would be much more convenient if you could have it in the same tab as Showdown. There's plenty of space for it, too. The teambuilder only takes up half the screen; it would be nice if the other half of the screen could be something to assist in teambuilding as opposed to just being a giant list of chat rooms.

I think that even if it was just the browser in a tab on showdown it you be good, but ideally a custom showdown GUI could save time and be more together with the whole program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)