Resource infamy's hot and spicy squadrons - served fresh! (order a squadron for free!)

INFAMY'S_HOT_AND_SPICY_SQUADRONS_-_SERVED FRESH!

approved by Bane.

since drifloon got banned, a lot of people have been asking me for teams. i've got a lot of teams that i really like and i'd love to share with you, so that's what this thread is for. enjoy the squads, and if you'd like me to build a particular squad, just post the ingredients you want down below and i'll see what i can cook up for you! here are some of my favorite squads:

i. larvitar balance

this is a pretty simple team i built back in the drifloon meta. larvitar was one of the premier drifloon checks and i really wanted to use it. it works by using five fairly standard bulky offense pokemon to weaken the opponent before sweeping with larvitar. porygon should be your bird check until larvitar can sweep.

ii. gastly bulky offense

another squad with larvitar. this focuses on using timburr, larvitar, and vulpix to break holes for gastly to clean late game.

iii. sd pass mienfoo

this is a pretty simple team built around using sd pass mienfoo to give powerful attackers a boost while still maintaining some defensive synergy. every pokemon on the team, including mienfoo, appreciates an sd boost. chinchou can be bothersome.

iv. head smash archen

this is a team i built around the cool idea of head smash archen. head smash lets archen activate berry juice without being attacked and does considerable damage. mienfoo, archen, and magnemite form a voltturn core that lets gothita get in safely.

v. carvpinch

this is a cute little balance squad that works around the core of trapinch and carvanha. you use trapinch to trap carvanha's checks and then you win. croagunk is cute. definitely the cutest lc pokemon now that drifloon is gone.

vi. croagunk balance

this is a fairly simple little squad. it's just balance with sd fletchling. a tiny bit magnemite weak but it's good otherwise.

vii. flytchling balance

i really like this team. it's a balance team built around toxic stall fletchling. it's a bit lacking in fighting-type checks but fletchling kinda annihilates them so that's not a big deal.

viii. priority spam offense

priority is really nice. corphish is a super underrated pokemon. the other pokemon just break walls for it.

ix. firewatergrass hyper offense

snivy and omanyte make a really adorable core. life orb ponyta is a monster. the rest of the team just built itself. don't worry about winning with this team, just click buttons.

x. shelldigzig

another offense squad. zigzagoon is great right now because drifloon is gone, and the rest of the pokemon are just generally solid.

xi. carvfletch

i don't really have a lot to say about this squad. you've got a cute balance core of croagunk, ponyta, and chinchou. carvanha and fletchling are your offensive pokemon and abra is just a safe pokemon. used by pokeaim in episode 4 of his lc road to top ten.

xii. infamous voltturn

this is a team i don't really use any more but it's an important team and i wanted to rehost it here now that there's a new sample teams thread. this is my "infturn" team that I built back in 2014. it's very weak to omanyte (although it doesn't set up on much) but other than that it still works okay. some changes to consider: mienfoo to a slow high jump kick set, vullaby u-turn to brave bird, chinchou to berry juice set, larvesta will-o-wisp to wild charge.

xiii. hyper offense voltturn

this is a strange little squad i built. it's got some big flaws but when it gets a good matchup it's an easy win. taillow is a great wallbreaker and the team supports it pretty well. my man Lepros peaked #1 with this team :).

xiv. cotton nightmare

this is a pretty cute little team i built around substitute + leech seed cottonee. you've also got toxic spikes from skrelp to help you be even more obnoxious, and you can trap bothersome poisons with gothita.

xv. zigzagoon with vubon

this is a team i built with my friend Vubon a couple days ago. it started out with zigzagoon and two memento users, cottonee and diglett. pawniard pursuit traps bothersome pokemon like gastly and abra. timburr, zigzagoon, and shellder form a great little core that break for each other. used by pokeaim in episode 5 of his lc road to top ten.

xvi. gible torchpass

this is one of my most fun squads. life orb hone claws gible is just adorable. you've got checks for most metagame threats, but the big thing here is that everything you've got just loves speed boosts. :)

xvii. sand semistall

this is a neat little squad i built around the classic sand core of lileep, hippopotas, and vullaby. i realized that i wanted more passive damage, so i added a skrelp and spritzee looked nice to keep my squad nice and healthy. then, i had a moment of brilliance. the big problem bunnelby has is that it's too slow. but what if its speed didn't matter, if it could bluff choice scarf and then lay up a layer of pointy hazards? what if it could survive attacks and retaliate with brutal hits? and thus was born the team.

xviii. fire spam

honestly i don't think i've ever used this team but it looks flames. maybe i'd change vulpix to my patented eviolite set, but otherwise this shit is hotter than the new mexico desert.

xix. skrelpwind

this is a team i built last summer (i think) that is pretty cool. skrelp and pancham just adore tailwind, and they hit like trucks. magnemite was my go-to safe glue pokemon at the time, and two tailwind users + the thing that made drifloon broken = squad.

xx. bandbug: the legend continues

the mythical bandbug bursts onto the public scene.

xxi. amauravanha

the better snovanha. special carvanha is an absolute monster and hitting your attacks is great. the rest of the team just supports the core and hits hard.

xxii. sunnybeam ponyta

yeah yeah yeah i know sun and croagunk is wack but it works. sunnybeam ponyta is actually a super potent wallbreaker and corphish is another monster that beats most of ponyta's checks. you've also got a cute little birdspam core.

xxiii. smashspam

this is a cute little dwebble hyper offense squad. shell smash dwebble is usually regarded as wack, and it really kinda is, but it's pretty potent when you're playing against somebody who's good enough to know it's bad. zigzagoon is cute. fletchling is cute. shellder is cute. diglett and cottonee are ugly but they're necessary for the team.

xxiv. baton pass (skitty variant)

this is one of my baton pass squads. skitty is cute because of wonder skin, plus it has wish to heal up stuff like torchic and mime jr. i like woobat as my stored power abuser because it beats set-up pokemon like fletchling.

xxv. baton pass (venonat variant)

this is another baton pass squad of mine. venonat is a really interesting choice for baton pass because sleep powder lets you cripple bothersome pokemon like taunt mienfoo and toxic spikes lets you put stuff like phazers on a timer. when playing baton pass, remember that damage calculators are your friend!

snag all my favorite squadrons!

requested squadrons:
please request squadrons so i have teams to build! :)
Jamel's Totodile
AzureRaptor's Shuppet
Rumor's Shinx
ItzViper482's Buizel
Pikasohn's Teddiursa
Berks's Scarf Spam
Aubisio's Wingull
ericaroselia's Exeggcute
party's over's Goldeen
Sam-testings's Nasty Pass
Antgeezy's Treecko
AzureRaptor's Triple Weather
wishes's Cacnea
Klinks Awakening's Mime Jr.
Blither's Grimer
Aubisio's Zigzagoon
ItzViper482's Oddish
Black Buddha's Dratini
oMo Storybook's Goomy Rain
Endal's Rhyhorn

Last edited:
REQUESTED_SQUADRONS
Jamel's totodile squadron
i figured it'd be super cute to use totodile and corphish together. added a drilbur for stealth rock. added snivy for a grass- and electric-type resist. added porygon for a chinchou check and fletchling check. added ponyta for a metagame check, stuff like mienfoo and pawniard and fletchling.

AzureRaptor's (and ggggd's) shuppet squadron
i'm gonna be straight up with you, shuppet is kinda a meme. that said, i think i managed to build a decent squadron around it. trick room inkay is adorable, and porygon is great for general utility. the last three pokemon don't set trick room but they're great for general utility and they can operate inside/outside it.

Rumor's shinx squadron
shinx is actually a super cute bird check. i'd been wanting to try out future sight slowpoke so i added that. then i added another regenerator for a pawniard check and ponyta for a soft check to a lot of spooky stuff. gible gives me stealth rock and adds to the overall adorability factor of the squadron. shellder makes sure that sneaky pebbles don't bother my pocket monsters.

ItzViper482's buizel squadron
i'll admit that this is a bit of a memeteam, but i think it has potential. bulk up pass buizel is adorable because it can smash a lot of things on its own and then pass to something that beats its checks. swords dance snover is a really neat little pokemon. mienfoo, pawniard, and snubbull all love boosts and check the big three threats (pawniard, birds, fighters). trapinch removes bothersome pokemon.

Pikasohn's teddiursa squadron
i'm really unhappy with how this squadron turned out. i'm really not sure what i was thinking while i was building it. you've got offensive cottonee to act as a pawniard lure and mienfoo check, archen to beat birds and honestly because i hadn't used it in a while, croagunk to beat pawniard and mienfoo, pawniard to beat birds and ghosts, shellder to do something. sorry pikasohn.

Berks's scarf squadron
this is a pretty simple squadron with a couple tricks up its sleeve. you've got extraslowfoo (i made sure you still outspeed porygon though) and growth foongus for the memes. the rest is standard. bird checks are the electrics, diglett beats stuff that beats the electrics, fletchling likes having electrics out of the way which diglett beats.

Aubisio's wingull squadron

wingull is a super cute little pokemon. its adorable and it's just weird enough to be great fun. you've also got a cute chinchou set but the rest of the sets are pretty simple. i actually think this team might work.

ericaroselia's exeggcute squadron

this is a bit of a meme team, since exeggcute isn't good. i managed to cobble something okay together, though. hope you enjoy, sorry i couldn't make a better squadron.

party's over's goldeen squadron

i don't really have a lot to say about this squadron. i'm sorry, but goldeen is just a terrible pokemon and i really hated building around it. the rest of the team is pretty shoddy too, not a lot of synergy, but you've got checks to basically all the metagame threats.

Sam-testings's nasty pass squadron

okay, this technically isn't a team i built for this thread, but it's cute and i wanted to share it with you guys. you've got sam's requested core of carvanha + togepi, plus you've got three other nasty plot abusers. snover and amaura are kinda memey together but they make a neat little double snow core for carvanha.

Antgeezy's treecko squadron

after having to build a bunch of teams around memes, i was really hating pokemon so i decided to build this stupid team. it's basically a gimmick but i don't really care at this point. you've got treecko because i had to fulfill a requirement and then you've got the three belly drummers and two memento users. simple and shitty.

AzureRaptor's triple weather squadron
this is a squadron i've had for a while that i figure i'll show off now. basically, it's triple weather bulky offense, which means that all the pokemon can benefit from their respective weathers better than if they were alone because the others reset the weather. it's got some neat sets, like calm mind substitute gothita (which is pretty standard but isn't used nearly enough) and berry juice amaura.
wishes's cacnea squadron
i'm not too happy with this team. i was really burnt-out when i made it, and it doesn't have a whole lot of synergy. cacnea is pretty cute, and you've got checks to most metagame threats. sorry for the bad team my dude.

Klinks Awakening's mime jr. squadron
this is a team i built a while back. i don't like mime jr. outside of my beloved baton pass so i really didn't want to build a new squad with it. hopefully this one is good enough for you. you've got a cute little core of magby and elekid and then some general offense stuff.

Blither's grimer squadron
i don't know what the fuck to say about this squad. i was just hating pokemon when i built it so i basically just clicked buttons and hoped it turned out well. sorry dude. it's probably terrible but hopefully it's somewhat enjoyable to use.

Aubisio's zigzagoon squadron
this squadron is weird and probably terrible. this croagunk sprite is what i like to imagine Mambo looks like when he's stoned. barboach is pretty cool. enjoy.

ItzViper482's oddish squadron
you know, oddish is actually super cute. i really like it. the rest of the team is pretty simple. diglett is there because i'd always thought it would be cute to have trapping on a sun team. archen set a registered trademark of infamous industries llc.

Black Buddha's dratini squadron
i'm super glad that somebody requested this team because dratini is a really fun pokemon to use. it's adorable, it's strong, it's fringe enough to make you look cool- great fun to be had. you've also got some fun sets with growth foongus and calm mind gothita.

oMo Storybook's goomy squadron
honestly, when i started to build this team, i really wasn't looking forward to it. i actually had a grand old time- rain is super fun! mantyke is adorable, thunder chinchou is cute, and i like swift swim omanyte a bunch. thanks for the request, it got me out of a slump.

Endal's rhyhorn squadron
rhyhorn is actually pretty adorable, especially this sprite. you've got a fairly standard core in the middle, but i did try to shake things up a little bit with mienfoo. i'm honestly not sure what trapinch does for this team but it's top 5 all time cuteness.

Last edited:
My favorite LC builder giving away some of the most heat squads. I love them man keep it up! That taillow voltturn is really amazing.

Totodile @ Eviolite
Ability: Sheer Force
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower / Aqua Jet

Although it is outclassed by corphish, totodile is a powerful wallbreaker and is fun to use. I was wondering if you could build a team around it.

Shuppet @ Focus Sash
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 244 HP / 236 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Destiny Bond

found this set a while back in the day but I've never seen this adorable hand puppet ghost ever used in a game. Just look at it it's gotta be Top 2 cute baby in the game rn. If anyone can build with this severely underappreciated ghost I know you can.

download (1).jpg

Love this guy idc if u use a rain team or just any other set u like (thats why i dont give u set cause infamy sets are cute af)

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Inf if I got cc u can just don't go on smogon when u do hard drugs. Nice teams friendo, can't believe the munnas had the best builder alive as well as Levi and zf and i still brought my own garbage :)))

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
two questions:

1. are you a better builder than lord heysup?

2. prove it and make a squad with scarfchou + scarfmag

Jamel's totodile squadron
i figured it'd be super cute to use totodile and corphish together. added a drilbur for stealth rock. added snivy for a grass- and electric-type resist. added porygon for a chinchou check and fletchling check. added ponyta for a metagame check, stuff like mienfoo and pawniard and fletchling.

AzureRaptor's (and ggggd's) shuppet squadron
i'm gonna be straight up with you, shuppet is kinda a meme. that said, i think i managed to build a decent squadron around it. trick room inkay is adorable, and porygon is great for general utility. the last three pokemon don't set trick room but they're great for general utility and they can operate inside/outside it.

Rumor's shinx squadron
shinx is actually a super cute bird check. i'd been wanting to try out future sight slowpoke so i added that. then i added another regenerator for a pawniard check and ponyta for a soft check to a lot of spooky stuff. gible gives me stealth rock and adds to the overall adorability factor of the squadron. shellder makes sure that sneaky pebbles don't bother my pocket monsters.

ItzViper482's buizel squadron
i'll admit that this is a bit of a memeteam, but i think it has potential. bulk up pass buizel is adorable because it can smash a lot of things on its own and then pass to something that beats its checks. swords dance snover is a really neat little pokemon. mienfoo, pawniard, and snubbull all love boosts and check the big three threats (pawniard, birds, fighters). trapinch removes bothersome pokemon.

Pikasohn's teddiursa squadron
i'm really unhappy with how this squadron turned out. i'm really not sure what i was thinking while i was building it. you've got offensive cottonee to act as a pawniard lure and mienfoo check, archen to beat birds and honestly because i hadn't used it in a while, croagunk to beat pawniard and mienfoo, pawniard to beat birds and ghosts, shellder to do something. sorry pikasohn.

Berks's scarf squadron
this is a pretty simple squadron with a couple tricks up its sleeve. you've got extraslowfoo (i made sure you still outspeed porygon though) and growth foongus for the memes. the rest is standard. bird checks are the electrics, diglett beats stuff that beats the electrics, fletchling likes having electrics out of the way which diglett beats.

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
its like team shop but the teams are actually made.

Id like to order up a squad with nasty plot baton pass togepi passing to special carvhana

edit: and some fries on the side too

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing the togepi pass into carvanha if at all because I've never seen this combination and it sounds fun as hell. If not for sam do it for me

~feel free to throw one of his used squads if you want lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)