Rejected In PS! chat rooms, add a ‘jump to new messages’ button

Currently, whenever someone types a message, the room does not give any indicator that someone has spoken, and does not automatically scroll down. If you go to some other tab, then come back, it looks as if the room is dead/these messages are new. Sometimes it results in accidentally responding to old messages. I think a solution would be to just add a ‘jump to new messages’ button like other chat apps, which would appear whenever a new message is posted.
834332BA-E684-4AD2-A458-0DC1A1ACC4BE.jpeg

These are old messages, but its impossible to tell this because they appear as if they are brand new. This is sorta fixed by enabling the time being shown, but it would be a lot easier if there was a button.

0DCA08BB-4FAB-4C26-AEF7-21678D46399C.png

take this with a grain of salt (i made it in like 2 minutes)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
PS assumes that if the room is open, you're actively reading the messages, and so scrolling down happens automatically. Not sure what you're describing where it doesn't (sounds like a browser-specific issue), but the default and intended behavior is to just add the message to the bottom of the chat-log and move old messages upward, so that new messages are always visible. Removing that and adding a scroll down button would, I think, not be a popular change. Gonna reject this since we do in fact automatically scroll, have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)