In-Game Photography Thread

Photos of Sandshrew. Its eyes look rather dark head on.
1695686763371.png
1695686776317.png

1695686726594.png
1695686749671.png

The main thing I wanted to share is discovering how the Starburst filter on the camera works. It isn't obvious as to what it does at first unlike the other filters, but it enhances light/glow effects like the sun or its reflection in water, and adds large sparkles to them. There are also a lot of other light sources this effect works on as I have found.
1695686812105.png
1695686817500.png

1695686845197.png
1695686921380.png

1695687058081.png
1695687073803.png

This wild Tera Poltchageist is already extremely bright, but turning on starburst takes it to another level which led me to realize what it did.

1695686943094.png
1695686950993.png

1695687256316.png
1695687267260.png

The glow around item balls is also enhanced. Interestingly the TMs give off blue and purple sparkles, while regular balls are all red.

1695686967738.png
1695686988804.png

1695687011287.png
1695687003720.png

Both raid crystals themselves and the beams they radiate in the distance are also affected. Here I took a close up photo that caused the crystal to be invisible but its sparkles to be retained for an interesting effect.

I'm not sure if any Pokemon actually emit or reflect light that can be affected by this, but it would be interesting to see.

Meloetta's overworld encounter has been found, and the first thing I think of is to use this as a photo op.
1702717541461.png

1702717550321.png
1702717520450.png

1702717559824.png

1702717771976.png
1702717777935.png

1702717785902.png
1702717792706.png

Big fan of the effects so far, but not so much the touchups just for how long they take. This was my first time trying the crystallized one though which I actually dig the aesthetic of, especially with the tera filter. Not so much a fan of the painted one with how it highlights the clipping but it might grow on me.

I've been taking photos of the snack legends and is there no way to flip which side of the frame your trainer is on when taking a selfie?
Feels weird for there to be all these options but not that

As promised here are photos of me messing around with all those overworld legends. This is probably the only time I'm ever using most of the emote, frame, posing etc options

Reaching for a scritch or pet on Reshiram

The touch up options are so bad. They bug you every session until you turn them off, they take FOREVER to apply (& the loading bar seems glitchy and laggy???) and the end result is garbage. Also there's only 2 options which feels weird.

Rayquaza constantly looks like he has a reaction face, perfect for this Iono Stream VOD Thumbnail

Though the Terastalization frame fit the area and I liked framing the Gyarados in there as Suicune did its head tilt animation

Messed with the starburst option with Solgaleo, and gave the Rawr emote a go. I liked that it used the Pokemon League roof because I forgot you could even climb it. It's a bit sad you can't even use the elevator to go back down.

No special frame here, though this was going to be another touch up. But it just looked bad so I scrapped it for the OG "necrozma writhing in pain". Fun for the whole family!

Meant to look like i was gearing up to feed it, but without an apple it doesnt really work.

3Spooky5Me

I don't like Kubfu's design at all so it gets sent to fish eye hell

Dreamy + Draco Meteor. That's a fun frame, though I wish you could make it go the other way.

I liked the framing on this one enough that I waited for a specific idle animation to match the tilted angle

Zapdos is in an awkward spot to get an yreal interesting photo, but thankfully it's also a pretty unique spot (indeed, I think it's the only battle you can have on a lighthouse?) so it evens out.

When there's certain weathers, the PC always makes a face that overrides all other expressions so it looks like I'm really unimpressed by Articuno lol.
The emote here is "finger heart" you get from Amarys, but I'll be honest...I barely see the heart at all. The expression doesn't help.

Moltres looks really nice in this game. The night sky, the Vivid filter and the fire filter all combined to make a really nice shot, I think

I just really liked how Entei fit the frame with the tilts, especially when he looks at the camera. One of my favorites

Getting a good photo of Kyogre is basically impossible. You can't take photos in the water, the closer bit of beach behind it is...behind it..., it's far away from the others, it can barel yemote, there are wild pokemo neverywhere. Even trying to take the photo i was AMBUSHED by Veluzas LEAPING OUT OF THE WATER???

Lugia was much easier. I like how it's just chilling in the water, like a man. I also liked how Miriam's Aye-Aye Cap'n emote meant i could frame it in my arm.

yippeee!!!!!

Ho-oh at sunrise almost makes this touch up work. Almost. Don't tell anyone, shhhh.

I like the heart emote
Unfortunately posing with these guys is hard. You can't get too close to the model to emote, or it has an invisible bit of space so you cant get most of hte poses to touch properly. And if you're too close to the guy when yo uswing the camera around it'll blip out.

That said, if you're careful you can still get some nice shots with animation combinations. Love how this one came out

...yeah I dunno. Seemed nice in the moment?
Also the next textures on Terrakion are nice, the horns are rocks turns out!

The Leon Pose, taken from the front, seems like a nice face pet, yeah? Though I couldn't get it to line up with the Virizion head tilt animation.

I spent so long trying to get this lined up. I should have backed up a bit, but this was the best I could get.

Put on the film grain filter to contrast with the tera frame. I think in retrospect I should have tilted it the other way

This didn't come out how I wanted it to, but Lunala was just not cooperating. Nor was the camera. Take what you can get.

I've been taking photos of the snack legends and is there no way to flip which side of the frame your trainer is on when taking a selfie?
Feels weird for there to be all these options but not that
Technically there is, but only with the Roto-Stick out which allows you to change position with L/R from left/centre/right and removes tilting.

Zapdos is in an awkward spot to get an yreal interesting photo, but thankfully it's also a pretty unique spot (indeed, I think it's the only battle you can have on a lighthouse?) so it evens out.
There is a static Rookidee on the Levincia Lighthouse for what it's worth.
1703281383904.png
1703281442092.png

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This reminds me, how do you even invite the other people to coach? I only have the gym leaders unlocked and the game doesn't seem to tell how you get the school staff :(
3 trades for Clavell and Jacq, 3 trades and befriended the staff member for Raifort, Tyme, Salvatore, Dendra, Hassell, Saguaro and Miriam, 5 trades for Rika and Poppy, 8 trades for Geeta.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So uh, started the epilogue and noticed this walking NPC in Mossui Town.

IMG_9031.jpeg

Was she always wearing this outfit or does this only happen after it gets unlocked in the League Club?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)