SM OU Imprison Landorus? With Mega-Glalie?

Allright so
This is just a team that I built to have some fun, not trying to be serious here.
I first saw the move Imprison in Kyurem-B's movepool and I wanted to test it out since.
Once I saw that Lando had access to it too I could not resist.
This thing is not serious, and I would like to hear some ideas to improve it.
Twi things though: Don't change Imprison on Landorus, it was my idea since the very start and that is the move that I want to use
I kinda like Glalie, so if you guys can please try to keep it in the team.

Well, since I run Imprison on a Stealth Rocks Lando, I figured that an hazard stack team would fit quite well, since I'm able to deny opposing Lando's Rocks and I have access to Spikes thanks to Glalie.

Sanageyama (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Imprison
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Imprison works surprisingly well. I mean, it's not like I just changed the meta or even discovered a new tech that's actually good. I would just have assumed that it would have worked really worse. With max speed investment I can outspeed most lead Landos, and the rest is dumped into hp to maximize bulk. I'm not sure if I should run Hp Ice or Toxic though... as both are useful to have expecially in conjuction with Imprison.

Satsuki (Serperior) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Glare
- Defog

This mon is broken and there's nothing to say about it. If forces a lot of switches too, so it can rack up damage thanks to hazards to some extent. And is probably the scariest Scarfer in OU, as even a slightly weakened team can be brought down by Leaf Storms. But I'm not saying anything new. Moving on.

Gamagoori (Glalie-Mega) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Return
- Spikes

Glalie is pretty fun. It can set up hazards on defoggers such as Zapdos and Tornadus, thanks to its STAB Return threatening them.
It can also just explode on other defoggers to deny any attempt of getting rid of hazards. Overall I found myself pretty comfortable with this.

Yakuzure (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear

Magearna loves hazards, as your opponent cannot sack anything to hazards in front of a Magearna to bring in something safely, cause it would cause Mag's SpAtk to raise. I'm not sure about the moves though...

Ryuko (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Yeah. I don't like Defog, and this is my way to tell it to the opponent. Bisharp usually has pretty good matchuos with defoggers too, and it's pretty much a main-stay on hazard stack teams.

Inumuta (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Not sure about this one. It has worked nicely since I've had it on the team, but it's not like I have a particular reason why I chose this mon... Idk it inspired me. Overall I feel like it fits quite well.

I haven't tested this team for a very long time... I wanted to make a project for us all to work on :)
Let's make this bad boy work.

Just including some replays:

Vs trick room: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-985340025

Vs balancey stuff:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-985219892

Last edited:
Quite an interesting team. There aren't many changes that I would make, but I will still list them off.
1. I would consider swapping Knock Off on Serp for HP Fire, as it can hit stuff like ferrothorn on the switch. Also, it will allow you to have to swap less, since personally I wouldn't want to be swapping every turn just to knock off from serp, plus you do have bisharp.
2. I would maybe change tbolt on mag to Focus Blast, as it hits harder and provides you with a lot more coverage than tbolt.
That's about it. Also, I like the theme with the names, I have seen Kill La Kill and it was very good.

Quite an interesting team. There aren't many changes that I would make, but I will still list them off.
1. I would consider swapping Knock Off on Serp for HP Fire, as it can hit stuff like ferrothorn on the switch. Also, it will allow you to have to swap less, since personally I wouldn't want to be swapping every turn just to knock off from serp, plus you do have bisharp.
2. I would maybe change tbolt on mag to Focus Blast, as it hits harder and provides you with a lot more coverage than tbolt.
That's about it. Also, I like the theme with the names, I have seen Kill La Kill and it was very good.
I'll try the Hp Fire on Serp. On Mag I actually had Focus Blast before, but I found myself too reliant on a 70 acciracy move... which I didn't really like. I'll try this one too though.
I absolutely love Kill la Kill, it had been my favourite since I'vs watched it :)

I'll try the Hp Fire on Serp. On Mag I actually had Focus Blast before, but I found myself too reliant on a 70 acciracy move... which I didn't really like. I'll try this one too though.
I absolutely love Kill la Kill, it had been my favourite since I'vs watched it :)
I get what you mean, I don't like relying on low accuracy, but i'm always willing to test my luck. You know what they say:
You have to risk it for a biscuit.
If you don't pay the price you can't get the rice.

I get what you mean, I don't like relying on low accuracy, but i'm always willing to test my luck. You know what they say:
You have to risk it for a biscuit.
If you don't pay the price you can't get the rice.
Never heard about those ahahahah
Thanks anyway
It is working better expecially vs ferrothorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)