(I'm New/1st Homade Team) Rate My Team! Give advice! Be As Harsh As Possible! I Will Listen! Ty!

------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
------------------
How My Team Came Together:
One Day I had been searching and searching through Google's resources for very good teams,
I tested and trialed trough numorous teams, such as Tyranitar,Gengar,Magnezone core and others
like Skarmony Blissey. All while trying to get used to competitive battling and the world of mind games.
I was upset and I layed in my bed and i looked my phone's browser. I typed in "Top Core Smogon" into the search bar, and I flat out found the Core Crisis II from Smogon, displaying all cores. Immeadiatly I was attracted to the Rotom-W and Scizor core. Which the site also suggested to pair with spinner and
and entry hazard poke. I went on Youtube to watch the rotom/scizor core in action. I was watching as
Scizor checked for rotom and how rotom did the same for scizor. Instead of making a team right away I needed to study pokemon types and is weak and risistant to what within the jungle of types. After catching the grasp on intermediate level competance of pokemon types and their weaknesses/resistances I began forming a team around the rotom/Scizor core.

Forming of Team (Cutting To The Chase):
I started with the rotom/scizor core, found that swampart was a good wall/tank for scizor's 4x weakness: Fire. Swampert also only has one weakness: Water. I put in another wall/tank Which is gliscor who can take a hit. He has only 2 weaknesses: Ice and water and he does a very good job and surviving and captilizing on my oppenents who think they are about to ohko my u-turned scizor.
My Last two pokes are very speedy and high in sp Atk and they are super effective against the two types that bother my team: Grass and Water.

I SUCK AT EXPLAINING STUFF, BUT I FEEL LIKE MY COMPETITIVE MIND AND SKILL WILL SUPRISE YOU!!

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom checks for scizor and all fire types.
Rotom kills dragons.
Rotom Tricks Blissey,Vivillion, and Stallers into using one move with choice scarf.
Rotom kills water types.
Rotom can hit a water type hard and switch into a good wall or resistant poke with volt switch.

----------------------------------

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor checks for Rotom and all grass types.
Scizor traps a low hp poke with spam pursuit.
Scizor can U-turn into a good wall or resistant poke.
Scizor is a powerhouse.

--------------------------------------

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Toxic
Swampert is a sp Def wall with one weakness: Grass x4
Swampert can outspeed most walls/stallers.
With only one weakness it is easy to set up rocks/toxic when He is switched in from volt switch/uturn.
Swampert is a go to wall for fire types, except for solar beam charizard and other pokes with grass capabilities.

------------------------------------------

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Gliscor is a def tank/wall for almost all attack, also immune to earthquake.
Gliscor can assist in the killing of dragons.
Gliscor has great survivablity with roost and poisen heal.
Gliscor is a great poke to switch into for a uturn or volt switch because he eats attacks and can react quickly.
I have killed roost-Braivary in a 1 on 1 with Gliscor

--------------------------------------

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Anything faster than Jolteon ussually isnt battling Jolteon.
Jolteon can kill dragons and nearly faint grass types with hidden power ice.
Jolteon can absorb a predicted electric attk in exchange for hp.
Jolteon is a great volt switch when it is fighting a water type to refesh the switch and kill off their water poke.
Jolteon also has great variety with a bug move to even further hurt grass pokes

---------------------------------------

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

With a good amount of health Typhlo can withstand a hit and kill off its weak opponent,
Typhlo can kill weak water types with hidden power grass as they are predicting a switch.
Typho is extremely fast and often kills off a poke trying to set up in it's face.
A great poke to volt switch into from Rotom if facing grass or any opposing threats.
----------------------------------------------------------

AGAIN I SUCK AT EXPLAINING! BUT PLEASE! JUDGE MY TEAM! JUDGE MY SKILL IN THIS RECENT BATTLE I HAD:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74993322

---------------
I look foward to your input and what your advice is move my team from winning 4/5 games to winning every game or alsmot every game!! Ty for reading and I will be happy to read Responses!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !

Hello, I am fairly new to real competitive, but I will try my best. Also, best of luck :).
First, your Rotom does not "kill dragons" per se. It certainly makes work of some, but HP ice combined with a choice scarf that will be a liability if you don't switch correctly at the right time is not enough to remove dragons all together.
252+ SpA Rotom-W Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 124-148 (38.2 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
In that time, Dragonite can set up a Dragon Dance and
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 312-367 (102.6 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO proceed to OHKO you with outrage. For the record, it can 2HKO you with Dragon Claw, so even if it does not want to use or does not carry Outrage, you still lose that matchup.
Again, it does not "kill waters" with Volt Switch. I will save you the fact that Gastrodon and Quagsire, the former in particular, eat this set alive and can toxic the next pokemon out after you switch. Anyway…
252+ SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 192-228 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Look at the above. You are probably doing 45% max to many leftovers Suicune who can Toxic the next Pokemon you send out.

That's all for Rotom. I would keep the set, but I will tell you soon how to deal with the flaws.

Why do I feel that you will be sorry to hear this? Your Typhlosion should be off of your team. Choice Eruption is just, frankly, impossible to run successfully against almost all OU teams, because Typhlosion has neither the coverage or stats to be Kyogre."Can take a hit", with only 4 HP investment? Not really. Sigilyph destroys this, although not to commonly seen. I'm not sure if this is Gen VI, but if it is, I would replace Typhlosion with an offensive Mega-Gardevoir that carries thunderbolt.

Scizor is nice, but Choice Band is only appropriate some of the time. Feel free to think about that.

Gliscor is nice, but you REALLY should consider replacing roost (which you don't really need due to poison heal) and taunt with protect and toxic. That is brutal for opponents to handle.

I would just add some more speed to Swampert. That's all for him.

I am impressed by Life Orb Jolteon with Volt Absorb. Well done, except HP ice doesn't kill all dragons as previously mentioned. Also previously mentioned, Mega Gardevoir helps there.

(1/8) Also, just noticed the first battle you posted. I must say that besides using Volt Switch on a Gliscor :), you played that magnificently and I'm not sure you could have done better. Excellent!

Last edited:
Oh, It's BW. Never mind about Mega Gardevoir. I would personally recommend froslass. Again, good luck!

dude i'd try to advice you
You should do something with the weather cause it is pretty difficult to beat weather teams
i) You should keep something for jirachis and vaporeons in rain.
I use a Jirachi (252+def 252 sp.def 4hp -speed)
Thunder
Cosmic power
Meteor mash
Energy Ball
He will wall most of your team (erruptions earthquakes etc)

Vaporeon (hydration) (252hp 252+Spd.def 4speed -attk.)
Scald
Heal bell
Wish
Rest
He will heal and burn your waller,He wont die fast cause he can rest n no sleep

Politoed (scarf) (252+ sp.attk 252 speed -attk)
Scald
Focus blast
Ice beam
Perish Song
He summons rain (crushial for my team so i switch him out fast) and perish songs tanks which he cant kill

Dragonite (Multiscale) (252+attk 252 speed 6hp -sp.atk)
Dragon Dance
Dragon claw
Extreme speed
Super power
He is prepared for cloysters and ferrothorns and to some extent heatrans

Thundurus (252+speed 252sp.attk -attk 6hp) (zap plate)
Thunder
Hidden Power(Ice)
Nasty plot
Dark pulse

Cloyster (sash) (skill link) (252+speed 252 attk 6def -sp.attk)
Rapid spin
Iccicle Spear
Rock blast Shell smash

I know many weaknesses but this team is good (atleast according to me)

Last edited:
Thank you guys I will take your inputs into consideration!

RP2865
I have looked at all your inputs for each member. Rotom is not a dragon killer nor a grass killer, but he does in fact do a good amount of damage to those threats (Like you mentioned above), so I will not use him to kill such threats, but to weaken them if i can safely. now I wonder if he should even be scarfed? Life Orb was my initial thought for a replacement , but I'd like to know your thoughts on his item now that he will be played a bit different.

Gliscor, I believe your gliscor adjustment was a great idea and I am going to try it out after this reply.

For Jolteon, many have told me that Mega-Manectric is just a better version of Jolteon. If you can confirm than I will change him to Mega-Manectric.

For Swampert, how would you suggest his ev spread should be?

For Typhlosion I have heard the same thing about him not being on the team. I tried out a talon flame but I didnt really enjoy using him, but If he is a poke that helps greatly than I will learn to adapt. Why would Mega Gardevoir be a great addition to the team and how would her move set/item/ ev spread look like?

Finally, these are the things that have repeatedly destroyed my team.

-Playing against a stall team with all entry hazards on me. (Not having a spinner either)
-Rain teams
-My decisons (Which is an issue everyone has)

Thanks Again! Hope to hear from you and what your explanation was going to be for dealing with dragon/grass threats!
================================================

$hAdY

Yea the rain team is tooooooooo strong against my team.
I can't take them down, but If I can find a good poke instead of typhlosion to deal with weather I may have a chance?
What would you suggest I run to rid of the rain weakness that my team suffers?

I think you have a solid team by the way! I love their roles and how strong each one is in there own way!

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will give this an actual rate.
1st of, you might want to improve your explanations, saying 'it is a tank' isnt helpful, you should write why its in your team.

Typhlosion has no place in ou and having 2 scarfers isnt the best option,
1. I would recomend changing rotom-w being special defensive, with 252 hp, 252 spdef, volt switch/hydro pump/pain split/will-o-wisp
2. specially defensive swampert doesnt work and as ive given you a special wall and your 'dragon check' is gone, i would recomend using mamoswine,
max atk/speed, stealth rocks, eq, ice shard, icicle spear.
3. Jolteon isnt needed much but you do need a wall breaker, double dance thundurus-t is great
agility, nasty plot, thunderbolt, hpice, 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
4. Change typhlosion to scarf latios
draco, hp fire, psyschock, sleep talk or surf

Good luck

Wow. Great job! I have one last thing I would like to tell you, no two.
1. You did an EXCELLENT job with your mega gardevoir, but I would advise a change in move sets. From what I saw you ran skill swap, dazzling gleam, and calm mind. I would recommend removing skill swap (because pixilate makes a hyper voice fairy type AND makes it stronger than dazzling gleam/moonblast) and put something else such as a coverage move (thunderbolt/shadowball?) or support (destiny bond, thunder wave, healing wish?).
2. I would not recommend mega mantectric as I think it isn't worthy of a mega slot. The reason is that it has mediocre at best 70/80/80 defenses, a predictable typing with an exploitable weakness (can't carry air balloon because of manectrite), predictable offenses due to having a 75 base attack (almost unusable), and finally a terrible move pool. Here are all of its decent special attacks:
thunder, thunderbolt, discharge, charge beam, volt switch (all electric), overheat, flamethrower, (all fire), snarl (dark and weak), and hidden power.

Examples of defense:
Mega Lucario -1 (intimidate) Close Combat does 81.1 % minimum
Rotom-W Hydro Pump does 52.6 % min (2HKO) with NO investment or + nature (Choice Scarf Rotom is problematic despite being a water type!)
Mega Alakazam max invest. + nature Psychic does 86.4 % min with a small chance to OHKO (12.5%)

Notice how everything 2HKOs it? Imagine these threats with a choice scarf. They would be faster, and then Manetric is no more.

So, have a nice day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)