ORAS NU I'm a rock star!!

Let's ROCK

PREFACE

This is my first NU team ever, I'm not that good at building teams, I tried in OU, UU and RU, but they weren't very good. But this one is actually putting in some work in the NU ladder (No, not only with low ladder scrubs) so I think making a RMT about it is a good idea to help.

TEAM_DEVELOPMENT

First of all, Weakness Policy regirock, something to build around.

Regirock is weak to water and ground, come ludicolo.

A little weak to grass, poison and fighting, come weezing.

Team is so slow, let's put some speed, come archeops.

Defeatist is so bad, get out of my way hazards, come cryogonal.

Specs typhlosion wrecks my team so badly, come Mega Camerupt

THE_TEAM

DETAILED_ANALYSIS

Regirock @ Weakness Policy | Clear Body
Adamant| 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
• Rock Polish
• Stone Edge
• Earthquake
• Drain Punch

• overview:

Regirock, ah regirock. This pokemon is really overrated, and I wonder why is it still NU. Anyways, the set is pretty self-explanatory, aside from the main stab (Stone Edge) and the main coverage move for annoying steels (EQ) we have rock polish, after one RP your speed will be 398, which means that the only thing you won't be able to outspeed after one RP is ninjask, and the ninja bug is not even common. And drain punch is for longevity, you really don't want to play a lot of mind games with sucker punch since you'll have a way to recover your health, so scarf users won't get the damage they need to kill you since you can recover your health against any sucker punch users that are trying to bring you down.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

The role of this big monster is really simple, come in when all the counters (Quagsire, seismitoad, and others) are weakened or eliminated and set up a rock polish. Your opponent will be like "Hey, go super effective move", and then he will be like "Oh shit". Then have fun.
    _
  • alternative options:

Well, you could run return over earthquake for more damage since max happiness return is actually stronger than nonstab EQ. Or even fire punch, to OHKO physically defensive ferroseed if you are at +2, options, options and more options.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest | Own Tempo
Modest | 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Atk
• Focus Blast
• Giga Drain
• Scald
• Ice Beam

• overview:

Assault Vest ludicolo is so... decent. I decided to go with a bulky spread so the AV would be more effective, I'm running max HP just because I'm not that expert when we talk about EV spreads, I know that you can run a certain amount of speed to outspeed X and Z pokemon, but I'm not really good at EV spreads, so any suggestions are acceptable. Anyways, AV with a recovery move is the best combination ever, even better: a STAB recovery move. The others moves are really simple, scald is another main STAB (Over hydro pump because the burn chance is just way so good), and ice beam + focus miss is for coverage, just for things like ferroseed, another grass types, normal types, etc.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Well, it's here to support the rock star. It can check moves that are annoying to regirock, like steel types, water types, ground types, and other things that were born to counter regirock (Yes, quagsire, I'm talking to you right now). Ludicolo also has a nice synergy with regirock, since its weaknesses (Flying and poison) are breakfast for regirock.
    _
  • alternative options:

This thing has a huge movepool, zen headbutt, knock off, icy wind for speed drops, anyways, do what you will with the moveset, though the one I'm using is the best one for AV Ludicolo.

Weezing @ Black Sludge | Levitate
Bold| 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
• Sludge Bomb
• Fire Blast
• Will-O-Wisp
• Pain Split

• overview:

Weezing checks the entire physical threats in the tier by itself, since it can easily switch-in and get a burn. Sludge Bomb is better than sludge wave, because quilladin is really not that common in NU, and I have archeops, and ludicolo..., and mega camerupt..., and cryogonal... and... All right, sludge bomb is better because poison 30%, and only for this. I think weezing even has its place in ubers if played correctly, it's just way so perfect as a physical wall. Fire Blast is of course for steel types that I can't touch otherwise. And Pain Split is a troll move that is really helpful, since it can make your opponent so angry that he may ragequit since you take all that health back damaging his pokemon at the same time.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

As I said in the team building proccess, it's here to resist things that ludicolo and rock star can't stand against. And as I also said, physical stuff is soooo easy to check, this thing is so bulky to the point where it can take one EQ from banded Sawk, WHAT IS THIS SMOKE MONSTER?
    _
  • alternative options:

Haze over fire blast or clear smog over sludge bomb are options, but WoW and pain split are necessary, so keep those.

Archeops @ Choice Scarf | Defeatist
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
• Endeavor
• Stone Edge
• U-turn
• Aerial Ace

• overview:

If archeops had something like moxie or unburden it would be OU or ubers, really, this thing is so good, but its ability is the second worst ability ever(Only losing to truant) which makes this powerful ancient bird a regular NU pokemon. Anyways, since stone edge, aerial ace and u-turn are self-explanatory, I'll jump to endeavor. First, why endeavor? Because... IDK, really, endeavor just seems like a great option to wear down stuff that can't OHKO me, and then I'm able to bring them down with the endeavor, It tried EQ, but... Endeavor seems better, man, I really don't know, I need special help with this one.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Speed control, and a heavy hitter, that's why archeops is here, because it's basically the only thing (along with sychter and liepard) that has a nice amount of speed along with a nice amount of physical attack in NU. And it's a ground immunity, not like weezing (gets rekt by banded sawk), which is partial immunity. AANNDD the ground immunity supports the rock star, which is nice too.
    _
  • alternative options:

Anything over endeavor, really, EQ, dragon claw, knock off, aqua tail, hidden power fire with a naive nature, decide.

Life Orb @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
• Freeze-Dry
• Hidden power (Ground)
• Recover
• Rapid Spin

• overview:

I needed a spinner, I can't have archeops without a spinner, since otherwise archeops will be really bad at low health (Oh hey, now I remember why I have endeavor, lol). Freeze-Dry is sooo good, hitting seismitoad, ludicolo, quagsire, swanna (Yes, I faced a swanna in the NU ladder once, it got two kills with LO Hurricane, don't mess with swanna) and HP ground can help me against steel types. Of course, recover is for longevity since I'm using a life orb. And no, I'm not tired of ground resistances, thank you.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

It's... good. Cryogonal is such a good pokemon since it's the only offensive spinner in NU, so I decided that I wanted to roll with it. It also checks bad ground types for my rock star to shine (Yeah, at the start of the game I'm like "I'm going to win with regirock, I need to get rid of X and Z, and I will do it, because regirock is lord" because the team is there to eliminate counters and checks so the rock can sweep late game.)
    _
  • alternative options:

Toxic over hidden power ground is an option, this thing really doesn't get a good moveset... though freeze-dry is one of the best moves ever, which is kinda like "This thing will have a wonderful move and access to rapid spin but the rest will be terrible so it won't be overpowered".

Camerupt @ Cameruptite | Solid Rock
Calm | 4 SpA / 252 HP / 252 SpD
• Fire Blast
• Earth Power
• Roar
• Stealth Rock

• overview:

THIS LORD IS HERE BECAUSE IT ROCKS ALONG WITH REGIROCK, AND ONLY FOR THAT, NOTHING MORE. SpD Camerupt is soooo good, walling specs typhlosion all day every day (presuming it doesn't have EQ) and supporting the rest of the team with stealth rocks. Fire Blast and Earth Power are insanely strong with sheer force, it doesn't matter if I have or if I haven't any SpA investment. And Roar... is just there, is good, since it stops annoying set up sweepers like musharna and uxie.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

I was getting rekt by things that are countered by mega camerupt. So why not adding mega camerupt? Like... it's so good, and it's also my favourite mega (don't judge me). I personally prefer using it in trick room, but the SpD variant in NU works really well.
    _
  • alternative options:

Will-O-Wisp over Roar.
POSTFACE

Just a team around regirock, just it... Your rate will be answered, so please, rate.

IMPORTABLE

Regirock @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Archeops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Endeavor
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Hey Dude, nice team you have here and an interesting Mon in RP Regirock to boot. The set itself is extremely interesting and puts to use regirocks key attribute (bulk) and tries to turn him into a sweeper which I personally think is pretty cool. I also really like the formatting of this RMT, really nice to read and well written too.

Onto the team and I have some proposed changes, which I think will increase its effectiveness greatly:
The team itself is really solid, so changes there will mean changes in more places, which would mean it wouldn't even play like the team we started with.

The First Change I propose is: Rain Dance Sweeping Ludicolo > AV Ludicolo.
AV Ludicolo really really isn't what its supposed to be used for in a singles meta like the NU one, it doesn't really benefit from the item and in my professional opinion slightly affects the effectiveness of the team. Another reason to change this is the lack of a secondary win condition. If you don't win with Regirock, you aren't winning with anything. Not to mention M-Camel and RD Ludicolo weaken each others checks and counters forming a mini pseudo core.

Another change I would like to make is: Offensive U-Turn Itemless Archeops > Scarf Archeops. Scarf Archeops is really just a men Mon in general, it doesn't possess any wall breaking power and the most you could do is clean late game with stone edge or use it as a nice pivot with u-turn / endeavor (a very short term pivot at that). The offensive u-turn archeops set has quite quickly become my favourite for this team since you have no cleaner that can come in and without settup clean in the late game. Offensive Archeops can do this roll extremely effectively as well as performing the afformentioned pivot role really well as well, just like how your scarf one did. This means archeops will be sticking around longer thanks to the availability of roost, and cleaning easier thanks to access to a 110 STAB BP flying move, which is really what makes archeops great, coupled with its monstrous attack and speed.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Archeops
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Roost

Best of luck for the future,
~HJAD

Hey Dude, nice team you have here and an interesting Mon in RP Regirock to boot. The set itself is extremely interesting and puts to use regirocks key attribute (bulk) and tries to turn him into a sweeper which I personally think is pretty cool. I also really like the formatting of this RMT, really nice to read and well written too.

Onto the team and I have some proposed changes, which I think will increase its effectiveness greatly:
The team itself is really solid, so changes there will mean changes in more places, which would mean it wouldn't even play like the team we started with.

The First Change I propose is: Rain Dance Sweeping Ludicolo > AV Ludicolo.
AV Ludicolo really really isn't what its supposed to be used for in a singles meta like the NU one, it doesn't really benefit from the item and in my professional opinion slightly affects the effectiveness of the team. Another reason to change this is the lack of a secondary win condition. If you don't win with Regirock, you aren't winning with anything. Not to mention M-Camel and RD Ludicolo weaken each others checks and counters forming a mini pseudo core.

Another change I would like to make is: Offensive U-Turn Itemless Archeops > Scarf Archeops. Scarf Archeops is really just a men Mon in general, it doesn't possess any wall breaking power and the most you could do is clean late game with stone edge or use it as a nice pivot with u-turn / endeavor (a very short term pivot at that). The offensive u-turn archeops set has quite quickly become my favourite for this team since you have no cleaner that can come in and without settup clean in the late game. Offensive Archeops can do this roll extremely effectively as well as performing the afformentioned pivot role really well as well, just like how your scarf one did. This means archeops will be sticking around longer thanks to the availability of roost, and cleaning easier thanks to access to a 110 STAB BP flying move, which is really what makes archeops great, coupled with its monstrous attack and speed.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Archeops
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Roost

Best of luck for the future,
~HJAD
Hey there, thank you for the rate, and yeah, rock polish regirock is something that can easily sweep, after the boosts, your opponent won't be able to do anything because clear body is so good. Anyways, for the suggested sets, I like your idea of a swift swim ludicolo to sweep in the rain, I thought it would make mega camerupt weaker before I remembered that mega camel is supposed to be a special wall and not a powerful fire blast spammer, so I'll test the rain...

And about the archeops: Well, then I'll be annoyed by scarf users, like mesprit, schyter, primeape, and other stuff that can spam powerful u-turns. But I'll try this set to see how it works and give you a better review. And again, thanks.

Hey there, thank you for the rate, and yeah, rock polish regirock is something that can easily sweep, after the boosts, your opponent won't be able to do anything because clear body is so good. Anyways, for the suggested sets, I like your idea of a swift swim ludicolo to sweep in the rain, I thought it would make mega camerupt weaker before I remembered that mega camel is supposed to be a special wall and not a powerful fire blast spammer, so I'll test the rain...

And about the archeops: Well, then I'll be annoyed by scarf users, like mesprit, schyter, primeape, and other stuff that can spam powerful u-turns. But I'll try this set to see how it works and give you a better review. And again, thanks.
If U-Turn mons like scyther and primeape in particular are annoying, you might want to try rocky helmet on weezing. It means that for every time they try to u-turn on it, they take residual damage, and weezing will take like 5-10% Max from a move like that.
Mesprit= Regirock, the worst it could do is psychic, u-turn or even activate ur wp withe energy ball. You should be alright with those mons in particular I think :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)