All Gens Ideas For Increasing UU/Ubers activity?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is an idea, not an implementation.

Triangles has been fiending for ADV UU lately and I can't imagine he's been finding a variety of the matches he wants (correct me if I'm wrong). That got me thinking a bit of how we could increase activity in the older gens' non-OU tiers. We have Jellicent's mini-tournaments of course, but as an additional idea, I was thinking we could create a challenge of sorts.

Over a certain time period I (or someone heading up this kind of thing) could create team-building challenges, and then players fight other RoA regulars (sign up/participant list?) with those team as much as they want, reporting their wins. There'd be incentive, like having a points/ranking system and possibly having a tournament occasionally for the top spots. Basically, I suppose, I'm suggesting ladders for various tiers based on team building restrictions/requirements.

Thoughts? Any Other ideas to increase UU / Uber activity?

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
IMO what would work well is something similar to Victory RoAd, just with more indie tiers.

The teambuilding restriction thing would also be very interesting, and would certainly increase activity. A challenge system would definitely work well, especially with an incentive. Also, anyone interested in playing ADV UU - VM me :)

EDIT: I'm vaguely more satisfied after having played Umby and B is for Brutus multiple times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)