Idea: Pokemon 255

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before starting: I apologize for my bad English, it's not my main lenguage. I hope it's enough good to understand what I'm trying to say.

I guess everyone know that DPPt metagame it's very, very offensive oriented. I had this idea since RSE times, but this it's the first time I post about it in any forum.

Well, to be direct: The idea it's a new kind of rules in the game. Max ALL the stats of every pokemon.

It's just an idea, and I don't mind replacing DPPt with this, but to make "Pokemon 255" another "option" when you're trying to fight, much like when in NetBattle you could chose between RBY, GSC, RBE and now DPPt.

Now, what's the relationship between "Pokemon 255" and the now-very offensive metagame?

Let's put this in some examples:

-Ledian can survive Gyarados Stone Edge (Only if Ledian have a reflect, something that ledian can do.) (Of course this is an unreal scenario as not much people will switch in Ledian to Gyarados)
-Kingler (Know for it's shitty HP and Spc Def) survives specs Manectric Thunderbolt, and of course non-specs Zapdos Thunderbolt.
-Etc.

You may know what I'm trying to say with this, but there are other things that would change, let me list all of them (At least the ones I've thought)

The HP/Defense/Special Defense Factor: EVs investment between HP/Def/Spc Def leaves most pokemon that invest on this stats vulnerable to Special attacks, Physical attacks, with pathethic damage or vulnerable to both, Special and Physical attacks, this last scenario happens most of the time if you try to invest the same ammount of EVs into Def, HP and Spc def, in other words if you try to be balanced. In "Pokemon 255" all the pokemon have their stats maxed and some pokemon (Like pinsir or Kingler) who generally don't invest into Defense and HP will be very bulky on the Physical side, there are examples from the special side too but I don't want to make this text too long.

The Attack/Special Attack Factor: There are pokemon (Like heracross) that invest almost all EVs on Speed and Attack ,meaning that in "Pokemon 255" they WONT RECEIVE ANY KIND OF CHANGE, at least in the Physical spectrum or, talking about heracross, in all his sweeping spectrum.

However, there are pokemon (like exploud or infernape) that got good Attack and Special attack stats, those pokemon, however, must invest EVs between both or their attacking stats and in speed (infernape) or HP/Defenses (Exploud) leaving the last one with less EVs to spread between it's defensive side, leaving as result the exploud that everyon know, that one who can't take more than 2 hits from special or physical hits.

As they must invest between Spc atk and Atk one of the sides it's lower than the other and must be "suplied" with unreliable one-shot special or Physical attacks (Superpower, Overheat, Fire blast, Leaf Storm, etc)

In "Pokemon 255", as both attacking sides are maxed AS speed AND HP/Defenses those pokemon (with high atk and spc attack (cacturne, seviper, etc) could use their mixed abilities with full potential.

The Speed factor: Right now the only pokemon that use their speed with full potential are the sweeper, most of them use 252 speed or another high number in speed + nature and/or choice scarf.

In "Pokemon 255" the speeding would be very simple: The pokemon with more base speed it's faster. Only variables are Speeds Increases (Agility, speed boost, etc) Choice Scarf and +Speed natures.

Suicune could speed-tie with heracross or being faster than Milotic/Gyarados easily (Just examples)

Well, that's "Pokemon 255" at first sight, the only way to make this real it's to catch the attention of programmers (as shoddy battle developers or NBRevo's)

So... discuss, what do you think? and why?

TL;DR VERSION: BRING BACK GSC WITH DPPt STUFF.(natures, items and shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)