Idea Groups! (New& Improved idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Smogon should have an option of creating "idea groups." Idea Groups were a major part of life for me, and I have come to love them. Idea Groups in a nutshell: An Idea Group is a place where 4-5 people select a random topic (ie: OU Tiering, The social aspects of the website, Wi-Fi battles, Pokémon Showdown, etc.) and work on improving them by brainstorming together and shooting ideas off of one another. One Idea Group would try and convince another group so that they would become passionate about it as well, thus forming a bigger group known as an Idea Circle consisting of 8-10 people.

Say your group opposes the topic that the leader (the person who created said group) had chosen. They could vote to select a different one on the groups terms, but to have a topic change, the majority must wish for it to happen. not the leader, the leader gets no vote. Yes, this idea is flawed slightly but it could be sorted out in the group scene.

Have you ever been completely sold on a topic on here but not wanted to speak in front of a large group of people? Idea Groups are a pretty good solution, and they can prove useful to Mods, Admins, and the like. Give my idea a chance! :D

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why not start a PM with a bunch of your friends and talk about it in there?

Reactions: Nog

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there!

Mentorship is a really fun place to be. You can chat with us at #mentor on SynIRC! I also have a link in my signature if it's difficult to find. It's a great place to go if you're new and looking for friends. If you're on and see me, PM me and we can chat!

Speaking of IRC, we also have various channels for all of the subjects on Smogon (and more!). If you'd like, you can bring up any relevant ideas with the people in those channels.not only is it more than 4-5 people, but those people are also passionate about that part of the site too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)