Project I really really REALLY like Amaura

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The title is a work in progress : ( I'm taking suggestions!

What's up friends, its me TCR! I'm here to do my 1k, which isn't really a 1k anymore since I got tired of waiting xP. O well! Now that LC Open is either finished or about to finish by the time this team dump drops, I figured I could not do a shitty 1k rmt and just drop a bunch of teams that i enjoyed making and I feel are either p solid or p cool. Most of these teams are most definitely not the best team ever, since almost every one of these tries to find its own role in the "LC Spectrum" by being unique, rather than a typical voltturn core with Diglett. To me, there is zero fun in playing wih a team that is just point and click boring to play. If you fill all the holes in a team and make it so its unbeatable, there is zero fun involved for either person playing, a case that I think can be made with Tahu's BP team. yeah you win in the end, but in this shitty rng game that's no fun at all. The fun comes from outplaying your opponent, coming back from a deficit, facilitating a specific sweep, or even just using mons you think are cool. As such, this team dump will only be filled with teams that I enjoy playing, and will try to make each team unique in its own way, rather than just copying and pasting the same four-mon core and tacking on two extras to call it a "unique team." These teams are also ones that I solely made, for the most part. There are times where I might teambuild with someone like Kingler12345 or Quotecs, or I might ask for some feedback on X team or how this team fares against Y mon, but I like to think that most of these are ones I built myself, which to me is something to be proud of. IDK, I get more joy from building teams rather than just straight up battling, maybe because I'm just bad at battling and acting out the gameplay I set, or maybe because this game is a shitty luck filled game for 8yo children, who knows?

In this team dump, I made 25+ teams I think, and I hope that all are somewhat unique. In an attempt to have this serve a "signpost" of what LC should strive to be I guess, I tried to include a ton of different styles, and a ton of different Pokemon. Some Pokemon are my favorites, and I use them quite frequently, while some I think can only be used in a specific way. Hippopotas and Spritzee are two that I think are very versatile and can be fit on several teams by themselves, as you can probably tell, Pawniard is another one, but that's more due to how overtly versatile and strong it is. Its just the best fit for a ton of different roles on its own. So sorry if I use a Pokemon too many times on a team I guess, if its anything other than Pawniard its just because I really enjoy using that mon. I always try to seperate those teams however, to make them stand on their own.

Since I try to build teams that can stand on their own, I don't really want to take requests. I know I've asked people before on what to build (and every fucking time someone tells me Shellder) but that's more to bounce ideas off of people, or to see if something might catch my interest. I don't really want to be forced to build a certain team a certain way, since I don't think those type of teams are ever solid or ever unique, and there are just some Pokemon that I really don't want to use, since the teams they are a part of are all fairly similar. A good example of that is Zigzagoon. I would absolutely love to build a Zigzagoon team, but since its such a shitty mon that requires specific support, I don't really want to build it since its either a team that is Pawniard + Diglett + Zigzagoon + Mienfoo + 2 Filler, or its a team that simply cannot stand on its own. So while I try to use every mon I can think of to the best of its ability, there simply will be mons that I don't want to build around, or don't think I can do so in a creative manner.

Lastly, since this is a 1k for all intents and purposes, I really want to leave my own mark on LC. I know I'm not really the best person at all to preach love and compassion and shit in the tier, especially since I am such an abrasive person and a cunt half the time, but I have been around Smogon for a disgusting long time (it'll be around 4 years of actual membership and maybe 6 for lurking ;;) so I feel pretty confident to say shit. There used to be a ton of division in LC, between the "pro" players and otherwise newer players, which I'm glad is gone now thanks to Levi, but even with that gone there's still a shitton of strife and shittalking that goes on. In various skype convos there will be someone shitting on another person for doing nothing, or someone will complain about someone else's post, and I know its kinda hypocritical for me of all people to say stuff like that since I do that a lot, but I can at least recognize that I'm being a shitty person. People will complain about ladder heroes, or someone will complain about how LC is a shitty tier because Speed Ties, or Scald is the most broken thing ever, etc etc. At the end of the day we all play a children's game competitively, and I say competitively loosely. Like we all have that in common, and we can all fall back on that to connect with someone. Like, IDEK my point anymore, but I guess try to make amends with one person you previously disliked? or something? Like I'm an asshole and pissed off a shitton of people in the Lego Fan Club group of people (idk what to call you guys, the 2015 generation?), and was in general a toxic lil shit to everyone who hadn't earned my respect, which was a tough af thing to get. Then people started becoming relevant to a point where I felt depressed and shit, like Smogon was and is a big part of my life, a giant chapter of my online community and stuff, so it felt kinda weird being hated / disliked by people. I would even get shit on by people that I didn't know at one point. IDK what happened to change that, or even if it DID change, but I started talking more with people that I had previously disliked, and I would like to think that I've become good friends with them, which to me is cool af. Its a show of how the community is getting tighter and tighter. IDK, I think I've rambled enough to have lost my own train of thought, let alone anyone who's reading this, but after seeing a bunch of people just straight up leave the community and knowing some of their reasons why I think it needs to be called to attention that LC needs to be more of a community. Like not that we aren't friendly, but if you are a part of the community and you don't participate in discussions, or you aren't liked by anyone, and you're only loosely affiliated with the community, why bother even being a part of it? Like you know who you are. If you're affiliated with another section of the site like RMT or B101 or Twitter or something, start doing stuff in the community. Get involved with people. Don't just be that guy who does shit to get noticed, that's such a hollow existence. Or if you're that guy who just sits on Showdown the entire time, I encourage you to come on forums once in a while and to post something. Like don't be afraid. If someone just tells you your idea is shit or whatever, don't be discouraged. Its mons, no one knows everything, and you most certainly have something to contribute. Someday you can be like me, spending 4 years on a japanese crapshoot game pretending to be important : ^) But anyway, enough about this, I think I've rambled on long enough, so here are some teams for you to call shit!​

ORAS LC

I know I'm not perfect,
I know I got issues,
I know that I've got a sordid past,
And, yeah, some bad tattoos.

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Riolu @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance
- Copycat

Wynaut @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 HP / 136 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Safeguard

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This team is cool, one of my favorites. Honedge can be replaced for something if you so choose, but its a really cool Drilbur lure and Abra counter, it also helps slightly with Fletchling. Pursuit Honedge is the coolest, but Riolu is even cuter and is the main focus of the team. Chinchou+Ferrospritz gives it a good defensive backbone, with CM spritzee being a better sweeper (zzz) than Riolu and can break teams late game. Chinchou lets it break through things that otherwise tear through this team's defensive cores, such as Skrelp or Ponyta. I've been told by people that this was one of the most fun teams that I have made, which makes me pretty happy : )

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
- Crunch

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Riolu @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Endure
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon

This was originally going to be my 1k, I absolutely loved this team when I made it. I really wanted to use dual wallbreakers to break through things like Spritzee and support a Riolu sweep. It went through some iterations where it had things like Chinchou, or Porygon, but I truly think this is the best version. From what I can tell, its defensive core is really common (in fact me and Quotecs had prettty much the same team but his had Mienfoo and I think Snubbull) but its effective. Magnemite is used as a glue, and is meant to patch up weaknesses to anything I might have and be a panic button in battle, against things like Diglett, Omantye, etc. This team is probably one of my favorite teams out of this bunch, simply because I can use two of my favorite LC mons in it effectively.
I'm not a model,
I'm not a saint,
I'm sorry but I am just not sorry,
'Cause I swear and 'cause I drink.

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

This team is eh, I made this for King UU so i could snag a UU team so its still in the works but its not bad. Some weaknesses if you lose pressure but honestly just click U-turn and win with Diglett, Diglett is broken as shit and can just destroy teams if played well, so abuse the fuck out of it. Some weaknesses to Fighting-types in that you can't really switch to anything and Pawniard is free bait for them, you can add in a Gothita over something if you feel like it but I feel with FLetchling and Archen and pressure you can do well enough. Its really standard voltturn, definitely my least favorite team ever : (

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack

Bellsprout @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Powder
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Roost

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

This is a fun team, it revolves around sweeping with Bellsprout, where the first case scenario is to simply set up Sun, eliminate things like Fletchling, and win, but in case you run out of Sun turns early (like Vulpix needs to be sacced or something) you have a backup in Tailwind Fletchling, which is a cool set that lets it threaten Fighting-types while supporting its teammates. Archen and Magnemite form as the two Fletchling switchins, although Magnemite isn't the best since it cannot take an overheat (luckily Overheat Fletchling is kinda rare). Mienfoo stops Pawniard, while also luring in things like Ponyta or Larvesta for a Stone Edge, as those two are threats to the team. This team is kinda weak to things like Hippo semi-stall, as nothing can really truly break thru Hippo (your only option is to run Giga over Solar which is dumb, or to wear it down with Magnemite). This team also forgoes Rocks as Rocks aren't as big of a deal in LC and this tema wants to constantly wear down and pressure the enemy. If you want rocks however, you can swap Magnemite out for Diglett, but I really like the duo Flying-resists.

Maybe it's about the time,
To let all of the love,
Back in the light.
Maybe it's about the perfect place,
To let go and forget,
About the hate.

Love into the light.

Omanyte (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor / Shell Armor
EVs: [76 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 160 Spe] / [156 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpD]
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic Spikes

Pawniard (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Role Play / Thunder Wave

Pumpkaboo-Super (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Hippopotas (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Slack Off

Timburr (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover

This team is a remake of one that I made with my tutor, which in turn was a remake of a team I had made earlier. None of the teams are the same. This one simply uses bulky mons along with hazards to wear down the opponent, and some gimmicky options to help keep sustain. Weak Armor Omanyte is something I like to use to get at least 2 layers up on teams, although you need to sacrifice some bulk into speed so you can hit 18 Speed once Weak Armor activates. If you don't like sacrificing bulk go with Shell Armor and the alternate spread listed. Pawniard uses Role Play in its fourth slot to regen health off of Mienfoo switchins, but its kinda gimmicky so if you don't like it just put either Swords Dance or Thunder Wave on. Porygon has Tri Attack because I always liked the 10% chance of one of the 3 statuses, but the team is weak to Snivy, so Ice Beam can be used as well. No spinner bc all the spinners suck and I could not be bothered to switch up the team in order to fit a spinner in, but if you really wanted to you could probably shove Drilbur on there over Hippo, even tho the team gets kinda weaker to things like Fighting-types and Fletchling.

Scraggy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch / HEAD SMASH

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 120 SpA / 36 SpD / 40 spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Fire
- Scald

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Archen
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roost

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

Hippopotas (F) @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Slack Off

Something cool I whipped up with Kingler12345, it focuses on overpowering the opponent with super strong attackers, and either a skrelp or scraggy finish, through Moxie Scarf or thru Tailwind Skrelp. Cottonee can get tons of switchins to Tailwind thanks to its typing, as it can switch in on things like Drilbur or Timburr or Mienfoo or Chinchou (you can replace Taunt with Giga Drain if you want). Itemless archen is cool as well to be an immediate offensive threat to Fighting types and whatnot. If you're real tho you'd run Offensive Hippopotas over Drilbur, but that's not as solid as just running Drilbur. But Hippo is more fun xP Honestly, if you're a real man you will run Head Smash Scraggy, allowing you to beat Larvesta / Ponyta / Vullaby easy peasy. Pawniard was thrown on this team for an easy check to itself, since IMO there aren't very many good Pawniard checks. Its just so easy to shove onto a team and make it ten times better.

I know we're all different,
Baby, that's life,
But all of these differences,
They make me feel alive.

Drifloon (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 Atk / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
- Recycle

Munchlax (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Recycle

Timburr (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Snubbull (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Pawniard (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb

Something cool I made around Drifloon, its basically 5 bulky mons plus Drifloon (Pawniard is kinda bulky due to its typing and base stats) and the Drifloon is meant to clean. The team is set up that Pawniard could also clean, or Timburr depending on the situation. Rock Tomb Pawniard lures in Larvesta and Ponyta for the strong OHKO and 2HKO with Rocks (Tirtouga is usually the lead). Timburr Snubbull and Drifloon are your anti-Fighting-types, as well as Scald Tirt to deter switchins. Destiny Bond Drifloon is cool as an insurance policy, in case something gets out of control, such as Timburr (which is a threat) or Pawniard. Munchlax traps Abra and is just a tanky mon in general, while also having the benefit of checking Sun-teams. Earthquake makes this so cool to use as well since not many people expect the EQ lax.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power

Porygon @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

I just really wanted to use Lileep lol. If you wanted, you could run Hidden Power Fighting over Ancientpower to try and bop Pawniard, and you could also run Vullaby over Porygon if you are worried about Hazards, but this leaves you a bit weak to Gastly and you can't check Abra as well (since you can't just Thunder Wave it). This is meant to be a simple bulkymons team but uses lileep and slowpoke, too cool, underused mons. The mix of Skrelp / Slowpoke / Snubbull all check Fighting-types, while Slowpoke and Lileep check Fletchling. Pawniard can be an issue if you play poorly, but Mienfoo should be enough for it. I chose Mienfoo over other fighting-types like Timburr since Mienfoo has regen and can consistently check Pawniard throughout the match, which normally Timburr or Riolu or something can't. Skrelp's main job is to smash through FerroSpritz cores and make opposing stall that much easier to fight against.
And I've got this question, yeah,
Been burning through my head,
Can't we all get over ourselves,
And just stop talkin' shit?

Bunnelby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Archen
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Endeavor

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Alright so I was building with @Catcherintherai around Dratini and during that time was also side-building this Bunnelby team. Its meant to abuse 1-2 layers of Spikes in order for Spritzee or Bunnelby to clean. Bunnelby is a cool as shit wallbreaker, but is also a revenge killer and insurance policy against a lot of mons. Catcher suggested Sub+Endeavor Archen, which is a cool set that breaks thru things like Spritzee and Porygon for Bunnelby to sweep through. Ferrospritz is standard on teams of mine, since I really think it is one of the best semi-stall cores to use, and it fits my playstyle really well. I'm not the best at using this team, since i don't like using Archen to wear down walls for Bunnelby (I don't like just sacking one of my mons lol), but its still a fairly solid team since its flexible enough to adapt to situations. A subbed Archen is still a scary thing to face.

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Snivy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 236 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

Porygon @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover

Spritzee (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Numel is a cute as shit mon so I wanted to use it. It helps set up Rocks and checks things like Magnemite or Larvesta or Ponyta, all of which Fletchling and Snivy don't want to deal with (so I put both of them on the team). Numel really appreciates wish support, so I added on Pory+Spritzee to help with that while also checking Diglett teams, Gothita teams, Fighting-types, Pawniard(to an extent) and more. I wanted to check other fighting-types and add pressure to the team, as well as break up defensive cores so I added Skrelp on the team to set up Toxic Spikes and punch holes through stuff. Fletchling and Snivy are the two cleaners of the team.
To let all of the love,
Back in the light.

To let go and forget,
About the hate.
Love into the light.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Houndour @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 116 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Amaura @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 224 SpA / 16 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Something cool I whipped up off of Curse Munchlax. Curse Munchlax is a powerful threat for teams that aren't prepared for it, its really easy to set up against things like Snivy, Foongus, Ponyta, Staryu, etc. Obviously, Ghost-types need to go for it to work, so Houndour is there to Pursuit trap things. Double Scarf teams are always cool as shit IMO, as you have a spare revenge killer in case things go sour. Houndour can take on things like Pawniard while also being a neato Fire-type switchin. If you're worried about Fletchling being a problem, run Scarf Pawniard>Houndour. This team can be Fletchling weak if you just don't maintain the right pressure.

Archen
EVs: 180 Atk / 84 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This team was one I made with QuoteCS, its something cool based off of Mixed Archen. Since Mixed Archen lures in things like Ferroseed, and Carvanha really needs Ferroseed gone, its a win win matchup. Gothita was added in order to stop things like Timburr and Croagunk, while still getting rid of certain mons that might trouble us. Its a generic trapper mon lol, its situation differs from battle to battle. Honestly tho, if you're real af, you'll get rid of those shitty defensive evs on Hippoptas, and just run full attack to mess people up. A fun looking squad imo !
All of the shit talk,
Yeah, all the chatter,
Cuts like a knife,
Yeah, kills like a dagger.
Love into the light.

Mantyke @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rain Dance

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rain Dance
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 28 Def / 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 80 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Round 4 of LC Open I asked TDK if he had any preferences in teams, and I was told that he might like a rain team : ) Rain is pretty cool, its based off of Mambo's old rain team, with some help from the skype group people. It has 6 rain setters, just in case, and still manages to maintain decent offensive pressure with Mantyke and Mienfoo and whatnot. Unfortunately, TDK happened to face a Sun team, so the team really and truly underperformed. But I'm confident that in a regular match without Vulpix, the team can perform to good standards.

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Tesshido? (Chespin) @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Brick Break

Tyrunt @ Eviolite
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 140 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Brick Break

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Porygon @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

This was something I made when asked to by TDK for his LC round with sugarhigh. He wanted a team that had LO Abra in it, and so in a drunken stupor I made a team that was similar to this, but not really. It had some cooler mons in it but wasn't nearly as solid. Its a basic hazard stacking + LO Abra team, that uses a defensive core of Porygon + Spritzee + Chespin, and a good offensive core. Tyrunt is the main Fletchling switchin, since it has good STABs that can harm most of the meta. Tyrunt is also based af. I use Chespin over Ferroseed since it isn't as fighting weak and can stop things like Gastly or Foongus.
All that I am, yeah,
All that I'm after,
Love in this life,
It's what really matters.
Love into the light.

Cottonee @ Berry Juice
EVs: 224 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Nature Power

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 52 Def / 136 SpA / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

This is something I made on a whim, I wanted to see if i could make Cottonee viable as a cleaner, where I was originally going to use LO Cottonee. However it just didn't feel right, LO felt like it made Cottonee's impact not as useful and it limited the switchin opportunities, which since it has such good typing felt like a waste. It kinda then evolved into balance, with a Scraggy sweep in mind. Gastly helps to shit on bulky hazard cores and stuff, and take a dump on things like Foongus. Cottonee helps to lure in things like Pawniard and bop them, or something like Mienfoo and bop it. Spritzee was put on the team to spread Wish love around, since its so solid and can help out Gastly and whatnot in a pinch; it carries Thunderbolt since I didn't want to rely on Hippo to check it, and Tirtouga is just set up bait for a ton of things. Tirt spreads rocks while Hippo is just so solid a mon to put on teams as a glue.

Tentacool @ Eviolite
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 196 HP / 80 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Knock Off

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 236 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Counter
- Return
- Wish

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Drain Punch

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
- Protect

This is a slightly gimmicky team I made a while back and bounced ideas off of people until I was a bit more satisfied with the team. It originally revolved around Lickitung, since Licki can pass the biggest wishes in LC which is cool. Its bulk is severely underrated, which is why I run Counter on it and full HP, since its about 3hkoed by 0 atk foo DP (kinda an irrelevant calc now, but that just shows its bulk). Its good to lure in problem mons like Pawniard or Timburr and just beat them like that. Thunderbolt Spritz helps a bit with a Fletchling weakness, while Tenta is there to stop things that break stall like Bulk Up Timburr, while being a nuisance itself with Scald and Knock Off. I'm pretty satisfied with how this team turned out, especially for using a mon like Lickitung.
To let all of the love,
Back in the light.
To let go and forget,
About the hate.

Love into the light.

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 HP / 124 Atk / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Scraggy @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick

Cottonee @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Memento

Pineco @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Tailwind

mmmm this is something I made when I originally wanted to build around Scarf Shellder, which ended with me scrapping that idea for this. Basically I wasn't really "feeling" it when I made the shellder team so I started drifting more into Hyper Offensive style, and eventually felt Shellder wasn't fitting so I switched the team to focus on Tyrunt, which happened to be a member of the previous team. Tailwind teams are my absolute favorite in LC, I think its a super underrated playstyle that not many take advantage of, and I figured it would be easy for me to make Pineco offense with it. Scraggy + Tyrunt is the core I started with, its meant to break through things like Spritzee and just win, although each can sweep on their if not respected. The teams Fletch checks are Archen and Tyrunt, both can set up something for themselves and take advantage of an ill played Fletchling. Fighting types are kept down with double Bird spam, although Cottonee certainly helps out with that, and everything can hit things like Mienfoo hard.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Cranidos @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Endure
- Defog
- Destiny Bond

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Something cool that was inspired a bit by a team of Quotecs' and also from a SD pass team I made with Teddiursa. Its main goal is to be as hyper offensive as possible, and pass subs to high damage threats like Diglett, Abra, and Cranidos, as well as Carvanha. I like running 24 HP bc I feel I get better rolls than the standard defensive spread, as well as hitting a 6 HP sub, which is nice. Cranidos is using not a LO set to better trap Fletchling and force it out, since Fletchling is kinda dumb at ruining quickpass. Diglett and Mienfoo both check Pawniard, and Drifloon can check tons of things by trading 1 for 1 and eliminating a damage threat, most of the time Pawniard or CHinchou or something. Just in case it runs Defog, but the team's pressure should be able to keep hazards away. Abra and Carvanha are the main cleaners of the team, both are super scary behind a sub, even non LO Abra.

BW / DPP LC

All of the shit talk,
Yeah, all the chatter,
Cuts like a knife,
Yeah, kills like a dagger.
Love into the light.
All that I am, yeah,
All that I'm after,
Love in this life,
It's what really matters.

Tentacool @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Vullaby @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 36 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Scraggy @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

I think I used this Week 1 of LCPL? Whenever I played The_Quasar. It was a ton of fun to use, and super easy and forgiving as well with the regen core and Scraggy. LO Vullaby was something me and Zoroarkforever thought up that could function as a psuedo-Murkrow and just bodybag teams. Super fun to play, recommended for beginners to use as a sample team if they want to learn BW LC.

Houndour @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 SpD / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Slide

Tentacool @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Scald

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

This team is fun, I really wanted to use Houndour in BW effectively even though things like Mienfoo and Scraggy are super duper common. It basically wants to win the weather war by trapping Snover and predicting correctly with Tentacool and Houndour. Its win con is either Drilbur or Misdreavus, depending on the matchup, although I gotta say things like Trace Porygon really suck dick to face, and rely on Lileep to Toxic them.

Shoutouts:
Electrolyte I miss talking to you man, you were one of the first smogon friends I had, miss messing around with you in BW OU lol. Too bad we don't talk much anymore unless you randomly pop on to the Little Cup room. You're cool af and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

TDK I miss the serebii days when we would rumble in BW OU as well. Honestly I'm super proud to say I knew The Dragonknight before he became a giant smogon idol. Love talking to you dude, although you should msg me on skype more often : {

ZoroarkForever nigga you've been around forever, and I hope you don't just leave again like you keep saying you will. Another sererandom bud, I should honestly build more BW OU and we can bump that more. You're a damn good player, and I think I learn a lot whenever I battle you. Sadly I just don't like battling as much anymore or I'm on league or something to fight you every time you're on : (

LC buds: QuoteCS I know I've been kinda a prick yto you in the past, and I'm still not sure if you're cool with me or if you only just tolerate me, but you're cool af dude, and I'm glad you became tier leader. Greatly enjoy talking with you and building with you, although like me I don't think you battle as much anymore lol

macle youre a cool dude, you may not realize it but that time I almost quit and you told me I could talk to you if I wanted to helped me out a bit, since I realized that other people have IRL issues as well. its also pretty fun to talk to you, even tho you don't talk nearly as much as you used to. I hope you stay in LC for a long time, since you're one of the most passionate guys I've ever met. You've been at least a mod in LC for what, 3-4 years now?

Mambo you're cool as well, but I hope you don't become tier leader bc I dont want the tier led by someone who enjoys using venipede and nincada, and won't let ppl use belch croagunk in tours. for real tho, glad we bonded in los mambos, I had a ton of fun in that lcpl, almost as much as I did in the scootin scraggys

Jac oml, I gotta say you have to be one of my favorite people to just dick around with in skype chats. you're so innocent yet not innocent that I can troll you and we're both ok with it, and I love it. Ugh I feel if I talk anymore you'll be able to physically feel my epeen growing. For real tho, you are such a nice person, and you honestly care too much about others, but that's probably the best part about you

Fiend aight so I gave you a specific shoutout bc I feel like a lot of LC could learn form our relationiship. Originally we were kinda hating each other, or at least I thought you despised me idk if you really did or not or even if still do or w/e, but you're honestly a cool guy. I can tell how much work you put into this site from your rating alone, and I guess you're kinda my rmt protege? anway, you're also cool, I hope you continue to put in the amount of work you've already done, and I think you're honestly going to be the "next big thing." you stay you man

Celestavian league bro, and a hardcore memer. You're a lot funnier and have way more personality than ppl knew before, I think it just took you a while to get used to pokemon, since afaik everyone thought you were a mute or something in BW and before. maybe someday we can duo our way to plat ;; your anivia and my ap leona mid will rule the rift one day.

TUO another league bro, but we also have osu in common which is cool :0 honestly I think I've always looked up to you in mons, ever since BW. It was like, superwiicube64, corkscrew, and charmander were the 3 I looked up to the most, and were my inspirations to do LC. Sucks to see you not want to play mons anymore, but hey if you don't have fun playing it why bother palying? We should play osu sometime, and maybe one day I can actually be good *-* stay scootin. friend

RMT ppl: Reymedy, thanks for helping me a bit with French, although I still haven't really figured a shitton of it out I'm learning more every day, probably going to start keeping a list of words i run across to help me learn them faster. Un jour je vais être bon à Français et impressionner les dames *-* Besides french, you're probably the coolest rmt mod out there, so thers that

Delko ShootingStarmie Trinitrotoluene you guys probably don't know me at all, but you guys were the insipiration for me actually take the time and rate teams, I saw your rates all the time in BW OU like 2012-2013, and they were always so good. IDK i figured I would just let you guys know that

other LC ppl you're all cool as well, well, most of you, and if i didn't specifically shout you out then sorry, but you should know if we're chill or not. the entire community is just awesome in general. Id shoutout rowan too but he isn't going to see it anyway ;;

xat ppl you guys are cool, it makes me miss the old days when I didn't know a damn thing about Pokemon and i was happy with it : ) gen 5 was honestly the best time ever

shoutout hitler, one day you'll accept me on skype. Until then you will never get kicked from any group bc you did nothing wrong

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)