SM OU I need help with this team

Before getting started, english is not my mothers tongue, so please excuse me when I use some incorrect grammar or if i write something wrong :D
Anyways,
hello there, thanks for reading through this post beforehand!
Im fairly new in teambuilding and if anyone would try to help me improving this team that would be very much appreciated
First of, i've created the team around the uturn- voltswitch core of lando and rotom, with a solid defensive coverage addition as Heatran.

Here is the detailed description for every team member:

Landorous:
Landorous performs the pivit role in my team to bring in Zam and Kommo-o safely.
I put rocky helmet on it to and decreased the speed investment for a slow u-turn, when facing an enemy landorous it gets chipped consistently.
Together with rotom-wash it performs a solid slow volt-turn combo.
I also try to always get the rocks up with him.
I didnt know which last move i could fit on my Landorous, so i put Toxic on it, in order to chip away a bit more health and because of that I decided to put Protect on Ferrothorn.(which i will talk about later) Heatran also has protect which synergizes well with that.
But input regarding that is very much appreciated!

Speaking of volt-turn combo,
Rotom-Wash:
Rotom-Wash also performs with Landorous my volt-turn combo to bring in threads like my Mega-Zam or Kommo-O.
He also provides me with defog support(which maybe i dont need and can be exchanged with a different move).
Maybe some input regarding that could be usefull, wether or not to keep it.
I put thunder Wave on him to help getting rid of the speed lacks I have in some matchups.
While I have heatran and Ferrothorn, they are extremly weak to ground attacks, so levitate on Rotom really fits well too.

Heatran:
Heatran fulfills the role of the Wallbreaker, with Magma-Storm I trap them and execute them slowly with taunt and toxic.
He also is my fairy resist and has fire type coverage that is helpful with grass-types.
Protect not only helps me to keep him healthy, but also lets me scout for fighting type and ground coverage moves.

Ferrothorn:
I chose ferrothorn mainly because of spikes at first, and also because i could use another steel typing that takes toxic.
He is my secondary special defense wall who also resists fairy but other than heatran he also resists water and stone type.
I have leech seed to keep him healthy and protect to scout for fighting and ground type coverage moves, while in some occasions stalling for poision damage(toxic on both heatran and landorous).

Mega-Alakazam:
He is my Mega-Stone user, one reason I use him is because he has immunity to entry hazards in the early stage(which i rarely clean up early, because i want to set them up myself)
He also provides solid coverage moves and the ability without locking himself into specific moves, to sweep lategame.
Oh and btw i didnt know which last coverage move I could fit onto my Zam, I thought about hidden power Ice, but meh... maybe some recommendations could help me out there.

Lastly,
Kommo-O:
Kommo-O is my physical threat. With the z-Crystal he provides the threat to always set up and sweep mid-late game.
While Landorous in some occasions cant set up Stealthrocks, Kommo-O is able to set them up.
He provides me with Stab fighting type Coverage that even if its uneffective can sweep through mons that are damaged and chipped by entry hazards.
I chose poision jab, because he would otherwise be checked by fairy types in the attempt to sweep.

As you can see, i have very little coverage moves, with the exception of Poision jab from Kommo-O and gyroball from Ferrothorn, I almost have no way to hit Fairy types. Also important to note, that kommo-O himself is weak to fairy and ferrothorn can easily be thorn apart by for example fire blast clefable.
Same goes for Dragon typing.
I feel like i could really use some ice coverage but dont really know how excactly that can be implemented usefully.
Rock coverage may aswell do the trick.
Thanks for all the advice beforehand.

If you have any recommendations/help/suggestions regarding movesets/pokemons feel free to tell me, any help is much appreciated!

showdown team.PNG

If anyone wants to try out the team by himself:
(I also provided solid nicknames heh)
care im scarfed (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Rotom Heat (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump

Eruptor (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 172 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Taunt

MHM ICECREAM (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Recover

HES COMING FOR YOU (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock

AAAH SHIT NO (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Unlocked

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)