I can't stop

There are always those few things that you're so addicted to, you just do it and do it and you can't stop. You keep playing, and you get more addicted to it, and it becomes dangerously addicting. For me, it's probably playing Doodle Jump and online Pokemon battling. Doodle Jump is always just so entertaining and I take my iPod with me everywhere so there are really so many times I get to play, and keep playing, and PO just has me hooked. What kinds of things hook you guys?

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have the personality where i will get hooked to things at weeks/months at a time pretty often lol.

Like if i pick up a really old game like spyro or something i will play it so much then just drop it out of nowhere and not play it again for like 3 years.

Anyways theres exceptions like pokemon battling where i can't get enough :P

I did the same thing with Firered...I randomly started playing after I beat the game and completed my Pokedex, then I started a new game and got some nice EV trained Pokemon from it. I stopped after a few months though, pretty much the whole summer was Firered.

Playing on Pokemon Online. I always have to end my night with "Okay, if I win this next match, I'll go to sleep. If I lose, I battle three more times to make up the lost points". Finally had to stop playing PO until the new bans come into effect.

Reading manga is one of my big ones. Started reading Beelzebub about half an hour ago, already on Chapter 27. When I get to a good manga, I'm very reluctant in putting it down.

I get very addicted to getting high scores, etc. So once I start playing a game and get somewhat decent at it, I play it a lot... On and on and on. I always find myself playing solitaire or sudoku on my blackberry >_> Video games in general. Once I get started I just keep playing even though I know I should stop at some point.... Meh.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fuck IRC.

If it weren't for all you people my sleep schedule would be so much healthier.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Fuck IRC.

If it weren't for all you people my sleep schedule would be so much healthier.
Alison likes this.

I typically go through binges on a certain food item that I get obsessed with, thinking that it is the most delicious thing I've ever discovered. Then one day it doesn't look appealing at all, and I drop it like a bad habit.

I get my random Fire Emblem kicks where I'll play it nonstop for a few weeks, and then stop. Shit, when I got my hands on Radiant Dawn, I was up until 6AM every morning playing it, then I'd sleep till mid afternoon, wake up, and start playing again. Those were some good times.

Laddering or Wi-fi battles just randomly get me at times; I'll just be having a normal day, start to get bored, do one battle, be it on PO or DS, and just do it for the rest of the day because it seems to be so much fun. Then the next day, I get up, can't wait to do it again, and I just feel bored of it. Repeat after a week or two.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alison likes this.

I typically go through binges on a certain food item that I get obsessed with, thinking that it is the most delicious thing I've ever discovered. Then one day it doesn't look appealing at all, and I drop it like a bad habit.

I get my random Fire Emblem kicks where I'll play it nonstop for a few weeks, and then stop. Shit, when I got my hands on Radiant Dawn, I was up until 6AM every morning playing it, then I'd sleep till mid afternoon, wake up, and start playing again. Those were some good times.
I do the same thing. (Fire Emblem kicks) Now that I think about, I kinda want to break out Sacred Stones.

Crap, that's right, my friend borrowed it. :/

/me goes into Fire Emblem withdrawals, thanks Fishy =p
(And if you can't tell from my IRC talk, I like that a lot too, but it's not an addiction.....yet)

Alison likes this.

Fire Emblem, yes

it's the reason why I disappear from smogon each year from January to March

always obsessed with a Fire Emblem game during that time (first 11, then 7, now 9)

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
whenever i get a new game, i tend to be briefly obsessed with it for a little while. for instance, i got pokemon ranger (guardian signs) and pokemon mystery dungeon (explorers of the sky) for christmas, and so far my playtime between the two games is almost at 60 hours. pokemon games in general tend to get me pretty hooked, though never for longer than about two months. my previous heart gold file had about 700 hours before i reset it. in fact, that's another thing that i like to do. sometimes if i don't have any new games to play, i'll simply go back and restart a file on any one of my numerous pokemon games, then clear the main story in a few days and continue to play afterwards. i think that's one of the best parts of the pokemon games; you can play a single pokemon game multiple times, and get a different experience each time based on what pokemon you raise, etc. ... pokemon games in general are very addictive imo. at least for me, i can play the same one for months and months.

it also goes without saying that pokemon online (and a few months ago, shoddy battle) is extremely addicting. it's so fucking hard to just stop yourself from clicking the find battle one more time. when you win, you think "o i'm on a roll!!!!". when you lose, you think "fuck ok well now i have to play even more to make up for lost points!!!!!". it's like a never-ending cycle of addiction -.-

unlike some people, i'm not too irc-addicted. in fact, i don't go on irc all that often, as i tend to frequent smogon during the day in numerous small, 10-15 minute spurts, which really isn't enough time for me to hop on irc and chat (or at least i don't think it is, though i'm sure that some users would disagree). irc is fun and really time-consuming/addicting once i allow myself to get into it, but usually i don't even bother to log on so i rarely have addiction-ish problems with it.

one last thing: fuck super smash bros brawl. i've forfeited thousands of hours of my life to that fucking game ;_;

The internet in general.

I go on it every single day for at LEAST 6-12 hours and basically I've gotten to the point where I just find it hard to live without it. I basically live and thrive on it for substance. And it's not helping my already 20-70 vision either. u_u

So much this.

I have recently become semi-addicted to stick cricket. It makes me rage so hard because I always lose wickets and bullshit due to lag and ctrl+w out of rage but I always go back within minutes. :c

Fire Emblem has to be one of the most addictive games. Another one that I can't stop playing is Starcraft 2. Now I'm away and I can't play I spend all my time on youtube watching starcraft 2 videos and listening to commentary while browsering TL forums and playing PO.

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fire Emblem has to be one of the most addictive games. Another one that I can't stop playing is Starcraft 2. Now I'm away and I can't play I spend all my time on youtube watching starcraft 2 videos and listening to commentary while browsering TL forums and playing PO.
After you guys starting talking about it i went and looked for my fire emblem and i lost it :(

im so upset lol

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The internet & IRC in general. It's impossible to go an entire day without going on the internet. IMPOSSIBLE!

it also goes without saying that pokemon online (and a few months ago, shoddy battle) is extremely addicting. it's so fucking hard to just stop yourself from clicking the find battle one more time. when you win, you think "o i'm on a roll!!!!". when you lose, you think "fuck ok well now i have to play even more to make up for lost points!!!!!". it's like a never-ending cycle of addiction -.-
I have to agree. everytime I get a semi decent ranking, I often get off of Pokemon Online, but than like an hour later, I find the urge to go back to laddering. that caused me to go from 1355 to around the 1200's once.....

How did this get so many replies? Cool! So many people are talking about Fire Emblem. Weird, I got it on Visual Boy Advance and played 5 minutes. It was so boring I had to delete it :/
whenever i get a new game, i tend to be briefly obsessed with it for a little while. for instance, i got pokemon ranger (guardian signs) and pokemon mystery dungeon (explorers of the sky) for christmas, and so far my playtime between the two games is almost at 60 hours. pokemon games in general tend to get me pretty hooked, though never for longer than about two months. my previous heart gold file had about 700 hours before i reset it. in fact, that's another thing that i like to do. sometimes if i don't have any new games to play, i'll simply go back and restart a file on any one of my numerous pokemon games, then clear the main story in a few days and continue to play afterwards. i think that's one of the best parts of the pokemon games; you can play a single pokemon game multiple times, and get a different experience each time based on what pokemon you raise, etc. ... pokemon games in general are very addictive imo. at least for me, i can play the same one for months and months.

unlike some people, i'm not too irc-addicted. in fact, i don't go on irc all that often, as i tend to frequent smogon during the day in numerous small, 10-15 minute spurts, which really isn't enough time for me to hop on irc and chat (or at least i don't think it is, though i'm sure that some users would disagree). irc is fun and really time-consuming/addicting once i allow myself to get into it, but usually i don't even bother to log on so i rarely have addiction-ish problems with it.

one last thing: fuck super smash bros brawl. i've forfeited thousands of hours of my life to that fucking game ;_;
This. You completely read my mind. I have restarted all of my Pokemon games at least 5 times. I even started playing Fire Red this summer for my thirteenth time (my brother is counting because he's a total chode and plays Fallout New Vegas 12+ hours a day). Exactly the same with IRC too, lol. I used to be so addicting because I lead one of the biggest clans on the network, then I stopped and go on about every other day for 10 minutes and so, just to greet my old friends. And Brawl used to be so additcing, but I play on 5 stocks, so the battles are really long and tedious. This means I'm not addicted because each battle is about 10 minutes if it's a good one (I like playing with Yoshi now, you don't know how long it takes to get one fucking kill with him).

PK Gaming said:
The internet & IRC in general. It's impossible to go an entire day without going on the internet. IMPOSSIBLE
Oh god, don't even get me started on this. The internet is life. My parents are going to Las Vegas somewhere in mid-January, so my Grandparents are coming over. Pretty much they are more addicted to the computer than me so I'll pretty much have to life that week computerless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)