I can't login to smogon server

But I can login to other servers.

Is there something wrong with my shoddy? I tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it didn't have any effect

I was never notified if I was banned, and it doesn't tell me I'm banned when I try to login

what happens is... i click the login button after putting in my name and password, and nothing happens. same with trying to register a new account

so am i banned from the server? i can login to other servers like dougs create-a-pokemon server. or is it something else?

i am iloveroni on smogon

Sometimes the server gets so full it takes a very long time to log in, if you are even able to at all. I have the problem at times also, and my connection is perfect.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Yeah, when there are 400+ people on, it can occasionally take over a minute to log on, but then it works fine.

there are only 125 people on right now and i am still having trouble logging in. i have left the login screen there for like 15 minutes after pressing the login button and nothing has happened yet :(

could it be another problem besides traffic?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas. You could try updating Java, but that's basically a voodoo suggestion.

i have 2 accounts: iloveroni and choknater

i even tried reinstalling java and the newest update, but to no avail

:(

ahhh are there really no other suggestions?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes my "login" button doesn't work. Like, I'll click it, and in OS X it normally turns blue until I'm in. If it doesn't turn blue permanently, it won't try to log me in. This just "happens" for a while, and restarting shoddy several times / coming back later "fixes it".

i can't get mine to work either. I tried re-installing it, restarting my computer, changing my password, and changing email accounts. None of it worked. Help?
It keeps telling my i have an incorrect password

Tester, just make a new account... o.o;

Interesting... does it connect to the box that has all the server information in it? And how long does it take to connect to that part of the server?

Suddenly I can't connect to the Smogon Server either. It just times out after I click connect.

Obviously, I'm not banned or anything

Connecting to shoddybattle.smogon.com
Version: 3
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.peekData(Native Method)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:666)
at netbattle.database.Metaserver$1.run(Metaserver.java:84)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Sometimes my "login" button doesn't work. Like, I'll click it, and in OS X it normally turns blue until I'm in. If it doesn't turn blue permanently, it won't try to log me in. This just "happens" for a while, and restarting shoddy several times / coming back later "fixes it".
im having the same issue. im running OS X as well, current versions of java and the program. only, mine won't go away after restarts or coming back later...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)