SM OU Hyper Offensive - A USUM HO Team

Some say hyper-offense is dead in OU, and that it's all about balance and fat mons now. That's probably true, but more informed people telling me an idea is bad has never stopped me from doing it. Without further ado, let's get into what I've cooked up.

Chad (Tapu Koko) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 140 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Tapu-koko is the heart of this team, the crux on which it lies, and the bullier of nerds. It serves as an offensive pivot, defogger, and check to several threats. It forms an excellent offensive core with Kyurem-black, powering up it’s fusion bolts to deadly levels while kyurem-black threatens many of tapu koko’s checks and counters, and the electric terrain it sets up is a necessity for Hawlucha to be an effective sweeper. The shuca berry set is preferred due to it giving tapu-koko the ability to deal with lando-t and zygarde, being able to eat a single ground hit and retaliate with 2 quick HP Ices. This also makes volt switch much more mindless, as it can freely spam it, particularly at the beginning of a match, confident it can take out zygarde and lando-t, who are the tier’s primary volt-switch blockers.

Ice Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock

Z-Freeze Shock Kyurem-black doesn't so much break walls as he does destroy them. He burns their children in front of them while licking the tears off their face and touching himself inappropriately promptly before nuking them. That said, it is a one-time nuke, so it must be played carefully in order to take down the right mon for the team. After which, it is still a fairly competent attacker with great bulk and acceptable speed. Ice beam, earth power, and fusion bolt provide absolutely phenomenal coverage, the latter of which receives a boost from electric terrain, giving kyurem-B terrifying power.

Kalos Runner-Up (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Ash-greninja is a phenomenal wallbreaker, priority-user, spikes-setter, and the only good thing that ever came out of the pokemon anime except the original english opening theme, that episode where James got breast implants, and memes regarding the 4kids dub. Even before battle bond activates, it can often force switches out of fear for getting a KO and ash-gren coming out, allowing it to set spikes and pressure the opposing team more. Once it’s ash-gren, dark pulse and hydro pump hit overwhelmingly hard, and water shuriken becomes the most powerful priority in the game. It can often be a tad difficult to bring in due to it’s frailty, but tapu koko’s volt switch and smart plays will alleviate that.

John Çena (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 188 Atk / 88 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

The team’s sweeper/wincon in most cases, hawlucha makes for an absolutely terrifying offensive threat once the opposed team has been worn down. Flying/Fighting is an incredible dual STAB, and with unburden nothing will outspeed and stop it from sweeping. Substitute is used to block status and make it even more annoying to deal with, and is also great for scouting. The EV spread helps supplement this, giving hawlucha the ability to set up on toxapex as well as speed creep standard unburden hawluchas by a single point, albeit at the cost of some power. However, the caveat is that electric terrain must be up when the time comes, which relies on Tapu Koko still being around. If it faints early, Hawlucha may be forced out before it can truly sweep, as to not lose out on it’s electric seed+unburden boost. Even then, however, it can still prove to be a massive nuisance as, after a swords dance Hawlucha has the wallbreaking potential most Mexicans can only dream of.

Blood Diamond (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Mega-diancie is the team’s offensive rocker and mixed-wallbreaker, and it is damn good at it’s job. Great speed tier and offensive typing ensure it can consistently get up stealth rock and be a terrifying force against many defensive teams. It’s pimped-out diamond dress is unable to be sullied by entry hazards or status moves, bouncing them right back even more effectively than the diamond industry with accusations of human rights violations.

Folded1000Times (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Kartana is the scarf user of choice,
able to revenge kill a myriad of threats and snowball into a deadly cleaner with beast boost. It runs the obligatory dual STAB and sacred sword in order to cut through inferior western steel. Knock Off is used over aerial ace/giga impact for utility and, with both greninja and hawlucha on the team, volcarona is not that big of an issue. The ability to outspeed scarf keldeo is also an asset that cannot be understated, as it is quite a threat to the team otherwise.

Chad (Tapu Koko) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 140 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Ice Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock

Kalos Runner-Up (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

John Çena (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
EVs: 104 HP / 188 Atk / 88 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Blood Diamond (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Folded1000Times (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Last edited:
To HO, I usually prefer to use a screener Koko. It ensures that anyone can do set up (I am talking about Hawlucha, Kartana can do set up well using SD too). Is just a recommendation, the team can take advantage of the screens of Koko (obviusly I am talking about Hawlucha and Koko) and can resist more if it's necessary. And a little bit better option is U-Turn in Koko to gain momentum againts earth types. Those are my recommendations, I hope that they had helped you :]

Alright, after further play, I've decided that diancie be replaced by Landorus-therian.

SmogonKitty (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Standard defensive Lando-T is a more reliable rocker and a great against physical threats like zygarde, opposing lando, and the occasional garchomp, not to mention provide both a ground and an electric immunity for the team. And thanks to that naturally enormous attack stat and u-turn (forming a volt-turn core with tapu koko), it's not a momentum drainer like many other defensive rockers. The team does have less offensive power than before, but it still has plenty of that through other team members, and it's a small price to pay for all the defense it's gained, allowing it to take on a much wider variety of threats and have a more consistent switch-in.

To HO, I usually prefer to use a screener Koko. It ensures that anyone can do set up (I am talking about Hawlucha, Kartana can do set up well using SD too). Is just a recommendation, the team can take advantage of the screens of Koko (obviusly I am talking about Hawlucha and Koko) and can resist more if it's necessary. And a little bit better option is U-Turn in Koko to gain momentum againts earth types. Those are my recommendations, I hope that they had helped you :]
See that's a decent recommendation but there lies the problem of a new defogger being needed. I could give defog to Kartana but having a choiced defogger is potentially a huge momentum drain for a team that's wants to keep momentum up. Still, screens sound pretty nice, I may have to consider it, though that also comes at the cost of no electric moves on tapu koko.

too weak to setup sweaps

Lemiillion right screens Koko is really good use it with light clay and a hawlucha
smogan said he goo (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)