Hyper Offense With Kyube and Friends (43rd and Rising)

Hello Smogon. Well this is my first RMT, and it kinda sucks that by the time I was good enough to make a team worth RMTing, it is 4 days away from gen 6. However, I feel like its a pretty solid team , so I may as well share it. I am at 2163 or so under the account It's Tesung! right now but I am still peaking (hopefully). Ik that that isn't the most impressive thing but it does prove that the team works

Teambuilding

l Well for a while, after the discussion about it being broken, I had been fooling around with Kyurem B, and I wanted to make a team around it.

The best set IMO is sub three attacks, but with a variation. Kyube is great, but it has a few pokemon who are huge problems for it, like scizor, ferrothorn, Jirachi, etc. Basically steels. Now while a magnezone would be logical, I wanted to be original, so I targeted their susceptibility to entry hazards. With three spikes, scizor can't annoy kyube nearly as much. At first I tried to create a balanced team with forretress and stuff, but that failed, so I went hyper offense. Custap leads are sooooooo predictable, and one you get above 1800 or so, they usually fail to get up more than one hazard. So along came Froslass, who is a really cool and underrated lead. It does have a couple weaknesses however, which will be patched up later.

Anyway, Cube is at its most dangerous when behind a substitute, and the best way to get a substitute is to come in against bulky waters, as they cannot touch Kyurem B. And one of the best lures for them is Keldeo, who conveniently revenges every offensive check to Cube besides the Latis. Think about the best switch ins to Keldeo, like celebi, jellicent, tentacruel, etc, and nearly all are sub bait for Cube.

Back to Froslass, his main weaknesses are A. No stealth rocks, B. Ttar, who absolutely wrecks her, and Scizor. So who counters those two as well as setting up rocks? None other than Landorus Therian, who also patches up a couple other holes in my team. I then added generic sub disable gengar to spinblock (as froslass dies too quickly to do it).

Finally, I decided that, even though it was hyper offense in theory, to add spdef rotom- W to switch into scalds, check rain, and form a kind of defensive core with Landorus T. However, this team basically sucked, as it was basically playing balanced with 5 members, which doesn't work. I also had no steels, and got 6-0ed by the latis, especially subcm latias. So I replaced Rotom with CB scizor, and the team improved some.

However, it just wasn't offensive enough to take advantage of my hazards, and it relied to much on kyurem to do all the killing. Also, while Gengar's job was to spinblock, it couldn't block Starmie, a huge threat to the team anyway, and was just really situational and easily stalled out. So I decided to revamp the team. First of all, I replaced scizor with Lucario. Even though Kyurem B was the focus of the team, Lucario became the main sweeper, as Kyurem B would wallbreak, and Lucario (or keldeo) would clean up. Also, it counters are lure out or dealt with easily by other members of the team. Finally, I replaced gengar with Alakazam. This was huge, as it gave the team some much needed speed. It is also my answer to sub cm latias, and while Alakazam is usually set up fodder for Latias, mine is a little different. And that is the team as it is now.

Shed A Tear (Froslass) Focus sash
Trait:Cursed body
Evs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 4hp
Timid
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball/Ice beam

My dedicated lead, although she must be handled with care. Her good qualities are amazing. She is fast, so unless they expect her she can usually get at least two spikes. Taunt is another huge key, as it is one of the fastest taunts there is, great for custap leads, smeargle, etc. It also prevents rocks early with prediction, which is huge, mosly for Kyurem, who absolutlety hates rocks, as it ruins his amazing bulk. Destiny Bond is also great, as not only you can take a poke with you but it also plays mind games that allow you to get up more spikes. I go back and forth between shadow ball and ice beam, as ice beam has much better coverage (cough cough dragons), but I generally use shadow ball for starmie and the magic bouncers. EVs are just max speed and max speciall attack. I am considering Hp investment for Breloom's bullet seed and like Skarmory's Brave Bird or something but I miss the special attack when they have a Xatu or Espeon

Tips and Tricks: If they are a good player, they will expect the Froslass lead as well as know what it does. If they have a TTar or scizor, don't lead froslass! It is wasting its potential. Lead Landorus T for some nice free stealth rocks. Also, if they are a good player, they will expect the taunt if they lead with a hazard setter, so sometimes it is worth it to just get up a spike. One of the cool things about Froslass is the fact that it is a ghost, so the strategy of "spam rapid spin until it dies" doesn't work. You will notice that this team doesn't really have a spinblocker. I tried gengar (AKA the only viable one for offense) and it basically sucked. Spinblocking is rarely worth it for on offensive team IMO. Just like spinning, it just takes away all the momentum that offensive teams need. So I have a different strategy, which is to spinblock offensively, which I will get into later.

SMASH (Kyurem B) Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
Evs: 56 HP, 208 SAtk, 240 spd
Mild
-Substitue
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Fusion bolt

This set is just so good. Unless you have a chansey, spdef Ttar, or scizor, if I have spikes up and I get a free sub, you are going to lose at least 1 pokemon if not more. It is a huge threat to stall, and while it is handicapped against offense, it can still do work at times. Also, due to its somewhat unusual coverage, it gets many surprise kills. The great thing about it is that because of all the choice banded and scarfed Cubes running around, many people protect or try to status it, which equates to a juicy free substitute for me. As for the moveset, substitute is substitute, ice beam hits things pretty hard, fusion bolt hits those waters (especially gyardos, a threat to the team) and earth power wrecks Heatran, magnezone, and hits Jirachi decently hard. Ev's are for 101 hp subs, speed creep other Kyubes, and rest in special attack as fusion bolt hits hard enough as is.

Tips And Tricks: Try your best to get this thing in on Bulky Waters, as they are all complete sub bait. If you have Keldeo out and they have a Jellicent, they will almost always bring it in, which is why i almost always double into Kyube. Jellicent will scald, will-o-wisp, or switch, which are all awesome. However, don't switch it into scalds. They will burn you, and Kyurem will be wasted. Also, don't sub recklessly in sand, as with rocks and sand negating leftovers you will die soon. And finally, it is ok to sac cube against offensive teams, especially to something like a latios draco, as that is complete setup bait for Lucario, who really only needs that one free turn to start sweeping. Also, name it SMASH, as they will think you are choice banded:)

Dogs=Scary (Landorus Therian) Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
Relaxed/Naive
Earthquake
U-turn
Stealth Rocks
Hidden Power Fire

The main defensive backbone of the team, and huge for switching into scizor, ttar, terrakion, and really almost any physical attacker. It takes 18% from cb bulletpunch after rocks! It also sets up the necessary stealth rocks, as well as keeping momentum for the team with u-turn. I hate having to sac something every time I have a bad matchup, witch is how HO sometimes is, and he stops that from happening with most physical attackers. Now, HP Fire is very abnormal, but I there is almost nothing that can make me change that. It hit ferrothorn (an annoyance), forretress and Skarmory (minor annoyances) and Scizor, especialy SD scizor (a problem) super hard, as well as having awesome surprise factor. While hp ice would be nice, I have enough Ice coverage already (Lol every pokemon on my team usually runs Ice coverage), and it is basically needed for gliscor, other Landorus's, Dragonite, and Salamence, and really U-turn into keldeo is enough for all of them. Plus, everyone expects the HP Ice, so it is rarely a problem besides double Dance Landorus T's (although if I only let them get one boost keldeo revenges it either way). The Ev's are just for maximum bulk, as I don't feel the need to outspeed anything, and the Smogon speed creep is for adamant Breloom. I think it is worthless to speed creep to maybe outspeed something, and to always outspeed would need way too much investment, Plus, a slow u-turn is huge, as it allows my landorus to take the hit for something else.

Tips And Tricks: As said before, lead with it if they have a TTar or Scizor. Also, as I mentioned, offensively spinblocking is huge. This lures in Forretresses thinking that they get an easy spin, and you Ohko them as long as they are physically defensive and sturdy is broken, AKA most of the time. Another spinner, starmie, loves to to switch in predicting rocks, so if you can predict that, U-Turn, which wrecks the Starmie and finish it off with Alakazam.

I can ride with No (Alakazam) Focus sash
Evs: @252 Spe, @252 SAtk, 4 Hp
Timid
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
-Encore

Basically standard Alakazam. It basically checks everything offensive, and is the reason I don't get swept by Venusaur every time (although Kyube checks it too) It huge for starmie, other alakazam, and Lati's, all huge threats as they outspeed the rest of the team other than Keldeo, and Keldeo can't touch. Now of course don't switch it into to any of those, but it check them really well. Now obviously I have to talk about Encore, and it is basically my one and only answer to calm minders, especially latias, AKA threat number 1 to the team. I found that HP Ice isn't needed because keldeo outspeeds all of the dragons, and hp fire is almost never used either (although kind of worth considering). Yes, it isn't the best check to Latias, but it is the only one that fit the team. It is also really cool if you can predict a toxic, will-o-wisp, or leech seed, but only do that if you are super confident.

Tips And Tricks
None really, just don't switch it in unless you are 100% that they won't attack. Also, use encore only when needed, as Zam is best when firing off attacks off of base 135 Special attack.

Well Trained (Keldeo) Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 Spe, 252 SAtk, 4hp
Timid
-Secret Sword
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Hidden Power Ice

Standard Scarf Keldeo, Hydro miss for Power, surf for consistency, Hp ice for dragons, blah blah blah. Once again, use it to get subs for Kyube as described before, not to overstate it but it is just so importan for the team. Basically I just love Keldeo, as it is a late game sweeper and a top notch revenge killer all in one, as it basically only cant Rk calm minders.

Tips And Tricks
Nothing here, just an explanation for the name. I was down 2-1 with my full health keldeo vs a +1 scarf mence at full and a scarf Keldeo at 50% after spikes. So I Hp iced the Salamene, and said gg as I was sure to lose. He wins the first speed tie, does 50% with secret sword, I do 12% with HP Ice. Same thing happens next turn, except it does 48%, so I am at 2 % and he is at 24% (I think). I just wrote in the chat "My Keldeo is Well Trained" And my Keldeo crit Hp Iced him for the win, winning the speed tie as well. Hopefully not every game will need that but I'll take it!

Fallen Comrades (Lucario) Life Orb
Evs: 252 Spe 252 Atk 4 HP
Adamant
-Swords dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Extremespeed

Lucario is really such un underrated threat. Its +2 Close Combat is just wayyyy to strong, as basically hippo can take it and nothing else. Its real selling point, however, is its +2 extremespeed, which just Ohkoes so many offensive pokemon, and not just frail ones, as it ohkoes Latios after rocks easily. Crunch is mostly for jellicent, although it also reuniclus, celebi, cresselia, and slowbro. It is awesome late game, although it can sweep midgame at times if the opportunity arises.

Tips And Tricks:
None needed, just SD and win!

Threatlist and some nice sprites will be added soon, although for now I will just say Starmie, the Latis, and Alakazam, although there are many more

Rate And Enjoy

Last edited:
I got your request so here I am too rate the team! I'll start off with CuBe because it is the star of your show.

First of all, you didn't use all of your EVs, maybe max out SpAtk and throw in some Atk or Spd, whichever you prefer. Also, one more small nitpick. I recommend a Naughty nature, because Kyurem's three main weaknesses, Rock, Fighting, and Dragon are mainly physical. May as well have a way to take them a bit better.

I have never personally liked Froslass, mainly because it always screws my teams over. I guess there really isn't much to fix here, considering Froslass doesn't have many other options. You could try to squeeze Thunder Wave onto the set somewhere to support your team, maybe over your attack. The EVs and everything else are just fine though.

I don't really understand Signal Beam. It could be useful against Celebi, but Celebi has dropped in usage recently, as Jirachi is just better. I recommend Shadow Ball in its place, in order to hit Celebi, and the Lati@s twins. Nothing else to say except OP poke is OP.

I am not the biggest fan of Lando-T, but if it works for you, keep on rockin'. I don't know why Relaxed nature is there however. Use Naive instead.

As rage inducing as ever. I don't feel that is moves are the best however. Icy Wind is a better alternative to HP Ice. It's speed drop can pave the way for your other pokes. Now you have a free Hidden Power. It's HP should be HP Electric or HP Ghost to hit Jellicent and its other counters.

If this thing gets a Mega Evolution, then Honchkrow should too *cries* This thing is pretty powerful if it gets set up, but that is an IF. You could try Ice Punch over Crunch so Glicor and Lando-T don't poop on your parade. +2 Ice Punch still hits Ghosts, except Jellicent, but Jellicent is much rarer than Lando-T, Gliscor, and the obvious Dragons.

So hope I helped and good luck!

Lol was supposed to be 240 speed evs. And look at its smogon analysis, this is the best set for scarf keldeo. I did consider ice punch, but I need the coverage on jellicent more. Also, what does shadow ball hit harder than signal beam? Just jellicent,which I hit pretty damn hard with psyshock. I like idea of twice froslass, and I will test it. As for kyurem, it needs to take hits like scald to set up those subs, and while it is really just preference, I prefer it as it is. Thanks for the rate!

Just because a set is on Smogon, don't assume it's perfect. :P
I also agree with HP ice, I don't know how I didn't notice that earlier :/

bobismoi and Asterat I agree that I shouldn't assume that smogon sets are perfect, as half my team isn't standard. I know that Hp fire is abnormal, but I did explain why I have it, so if you could respond to my explanation that would be great. I really just don't need the coverage

HP fire isn't bad on Lando-T, however the EVs are what I call into question for the most part.

You will normally want to hit 265ish speed, to outspeed toxicroak, and use a -spdef nature to do so. 224 HP EVs on Lando-T is the most efficient number, the rest should be dumped into phys Defense. Despite what people might think, U-Turn is always the better option if you switch into D-nite on a DD, since you break it's scale if it DDs again, then outspeed with Keldeo. The issue is with CB Dnite...

So truely, while hitting scizor/ferro/forry might look great on paper, rain kills your option to hit them, as well as Breloom. You really need HP ice or else Banded Dnite will tear you up. Since Toxicroak massively threatens your team, I recommend just fully speedcreeping the adamant version.

Set:

Dogs=Scary (Landorus Therian) Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Evs: 224 Hp / 168 Def / 116 Spe
IVs: 30 Spe
Naive nature
Earthquake
U-turn
Stealth Rocks
Hidden Power Ice

Also you are missing 4 EVs on Kyu-B from what I see.

56 HP 216SpA 236Spe are what sub variants lacking HP fire run.

Last edited:
Nysyr I run 240 for the Speed creep, although I left out 4 that I have in special attack my bad. Also, while croak is a threat, alakazam revengees it with its sash, and Kyurem outspeeds the standard one and does a heavy chunk with earth power, as long as it has some prior damage. I have tried the standard landorus T, and I really do like mine. I would recommend at least trying mine, as it fits well with the team. The extra bulk is huge for things like scizors bullet punch. However, i see why you would say that, as I admit that it looks stupid on paper, as it is pretty shitty coverage. And By the way, banded Dnite gets one kill (at most), and then dies to Keldeo if scale is broken or Kyube regardless. While it isn't always the best to lose a pokemon, it is hyper offense so what are you going to do. Thanks for the rate.

Thank you chikorita. Hp fire is the reason this team never loses to stall. I get two spikes up with froslass ( hopefully) and go into lando t ASAP. I then get rocks on the switch to forty, say oh shit like I messed it up. I then ohko easily with hp fire. Stall is fucked with all those hazards. Also, fuck scizor, I need something besides keldeo to handle it. (Cb bullet punch does 40 percent to lucario)

Reactions: trc
Are you sure about Kyurem-B beeing a physically based special sweeper? I think the mixed set with Dragon Claw / Fusion Bolt / Hidden Power Fire / Substitute is much better. You could then replace hp Fire on Lando-T with either Stone Edge or hp Ice.
As rage inducing as ever. I don't feel that is moves are the best however. Icy Wind is a better alternative to HP Ice. It's speed drop can pave the way for your other pokes. Now you have a free Hidden Power. It's HP should be HP Electric or HP Ghost to hit Jellicent and its other counters.
Please, do NOT run hp Ghost on scarf Keldeo, it doesnt 2hko Jellicent/Celebi. If you want to run something other than hp Ice or feel like you dont need both Surf and Hydro Pump (wich you do, js) you should run hp Bug or Electric for Celebi and Gyarados (respectively) seeing as they both counter Keldeo, especially Celebi.
Icy Wind has more utility than hp Ice and Hidden Power is base 60 now anyways.

Hope I helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)