Hyper Offense Dark Spam

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
The team: https://pokepast.es/eedae890fe6bb27e

I decided to create a Dark Spam team, taking inspiration mainly from a Bird Spam OLT team in ORAS that pushed Azelf to OU (you probably know the one). So, let’s go over it.

1. Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Obviously, Ferrothorn loves hazards and Leech Seed. Knocking off an item also really helps the team in the long run, especially if the enemy Pokémon loses Heavy Duty Boots. Without Heavy-Duty Boots, the only ways for the enemy team to clear hazards (especially Stealth Rock) is to Defog, which can be exploited by Bisharp, or Rapid Spin, which is of course punished by Ferrothorn. Leech Seeding after a Rapid Spin attempt can really hurt the enemy team’s longevity over the course of a game, too, which can be abused by the other powerful attackers in the team.

2. Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

This is Bisharp’s bread-and-butter set, only the Nature is Adamant. I decided in this case that the extra power was more important than a bit of extra speed, especially because Bisharp still has strong priority in Sucker Punch. Swords Dance is always a dangerous option, and the enemy switching in Landorus-T would mean giving Bisharp a free +1 Attack boost. It’s STAB attacks are also always nasty, with Dark being powerful as STAB further powered by Black Glasses, and Steel hitting a lot of Fairy types hard, like Tapu Lele and Bulu, Clefable, and Alolan Ninetales. The Fairies it can’t really hit, such as Tapu Koko and Fini, are for the most part blanked by Ferrothorn.

3. Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance

About a year ago, me and one of my best friends battled with competitive-viable teams for the first time. In this battle, he demonstrated the raw power of Weavile. I took notice of this and shoved it into my memory. A year later, I’m putting that memory here. Swords Dance is always good to have, especially since Weavile is so naturally fast. Triple Axel is great as Ice Stab, effectively stronger than Icicle Crash with the same accuracy. Ice Shard for priority, of course, and Knock Off is also always good to have.

4. Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Air Slash

Behold, the best legendary bird aesthetically. That is an objective fact, by the way, not at all subjective. Anyways, I went with the classic Double Dance set and a Modest Nature because of the set. Fiery Wrath is of course the Dark STAB of choice, and Air Slash is the Flying STAB of choice. Heavy Duty Boots to not be affected by hazards. Um. I don’t know what else to say.

5. Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

“THAT’S NOT A DARK TYPE, CLICKBAIT!” Hush. Not the point.
Anyways. In my first draft of the team, I realized it didn't have enough Fighting or Electric answers. This was especially problematic because of how common and good Tapu Koko is. So, I brought Landorus-T for that job. The set is standard defensive, with a few changes, being Defog over Stealth Rock, Attack EVs over HP EVs, Special Defense EVs over Defense EVs, and a Careful Nature over an Impish Nature.

6. Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

You might have noticed that up until this point, my team was just too weak to Fire types. Well, have no fear, Toxapex joins the battle! I initially toyed with Slowbro for its higher HP and special attacking prowess. However, it doesn't wall Rapid Strike Urshifu, so I swapped it to something that does. It has Scald to hurt Fire types a bit and potentially ruin physical attackers (*cough* most Fighting types *cough*), Recover for longevity, Regenerator as the ability when forced out, Haze to bully setup sweepers, and Toxic because I hate enemy stall. Rocky Helmet is the item over Black Sludge since Pex already has two great sources of reliable recovery in Regenerator and Recover.

So that’s my team! Please let me know what you think, and above all else, have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)