Tournament HPL4 - General Discussion

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Couldn't find a dump thread but first off CONGRATS to RCB for a well deserved win. second, thanks to skimmythegod for drafting me. You created a nice team environment and were a solid manager. Teammates were also great and S/O OreoSpeedruns skimmythegod in particular for help with Ubers. Not gonna explain the team choices for the ones I built for others.

W1: n/a
W2: vs GeniusFromHoenn (W)
:koraidon: :rayquaza: :eternatus: :landorus-therian: :zacian-crowned: :ting-lu:
- Mainly just wanted to mess with Rayquaza since that mon is super underrated and Hoenn used a lot more Lando-T as his phys check. Very tight game between us.

W3: vs Ashbala (W)
:iron treads: :moltres-galar: :basculegion-f: :haxorus: :gyarados: :scizor:
- just loaded HO w skimmy teambuilding support bc I was busy, also kinda threw in the match but scizor clutched up though.

W4: vs Yippie (L)
:tornadus-therian: :cyclizar: :breloom: :moltres-galar: :slowbro: :tinkaton:
- loaded a team i built with parpar in UUWC bc I was comfy w it, unfortunately I lost this one to a heat wave miss at the end

W5: vs Rhmsitb (W)
:grimmsnarl: :koraidon: :flutter mane: :great tusk: :arceus: :zacian-crowned:
- honestly I have zero clue why I built this team, skimmy even told me not to load HO into rhm lol. i just wanted to build Screens since i don't build much HO, and I gave it a bunch of outs into webs just in case. thankfully good predicts + taunts gave me some outs into the ditto ting team that rhm brought.

W6: vs Pichus (W)
original team:
:alomomola: :ting-lu: :landorus-therian: :zacian-crowned: :kyogre: :koraidon:
used team:
:koraidon: :zacian-crowned: :miraidon: :ribombee: :glimmora: :arceus:
- was really thinking about messing with alomomola since flip turn was cool and I had some cool ideas to mess with like Bulk Up+SS+Drain Korai and Tera Ice Ice Beam Ogre for the clean OHKO on Mirai/Korai. but skimmy also said HO was good here, so I just caved and loaded HO again.
- I had talked about Tera Fight LO Korai being insane so I wanted to load it (this mon OHKOs Tera Fairy Korai / Mirai and less bulky Fairyceus with Low Kick). had some other techs loaded into the team for various MUs such as Ebelt Tera Blast Fairy Ekiller and Tera Fly Taunt Mirai, but overall Korai was just too insane man.

Semis: vs Piyush (W)
original team:
:kyogre: :zacian-crowned: :koraidon: :landorus-therian: :kingambit: :arceus-grass:
used team:
:koraidon: :miraidon: :eternatus: :great tusk: :kingambit: :arceus-ground:
- was prepping to load some stuff to deal with piyush's standard gira-o + arceus + ting + lando-t balance, so i settled on arceus-grass + ogre + kingambit to wear down those cores. ultimately did not end up using this team bc i realized I would play as soon as I get out of bed and would rather play a more offensive team, so i stole Icemaster's RMT. that team launched a lot of island level attacks.

Overall Record: 6-1 [5-0 Ubers, 1-1 UU]

Overall paste of teams (including ones I built for teammates):
https://pokepast.es/17b18ccc9706975a

Last edited:
Some epic moments this season

You forgot that gmt+15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)