How YOU can help out!/Job Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
From the Communication thread:

chaos said:
Notice that anyone can use the SCMS, list of general tasks that need to be done and can be done by anyone, list of tasks that are being done by a specific group. For instance, auditing for spelling/other dumb errors can be under general, and under the Job Listing it would show that Mekkah is in charge of the Contributions & Corrections stickies and junk. I'd need someone to make sure this is current and to clean out redundant posts for tasks that have already been completed/shit like that.
1. Thorough reading and quality check of the Advance pokemon analyses (RBY/GSC are done). Make sure all are in proper format ( <p> tags etc.) and have EV spreads listed.

2. Upload D/P analyses. Misty largly took care of this, but not all the analyses have been completed. It would be good if you didn't do this the very moment one is posted, but rather wait for it to be picked apart by the D/P staff a bit and corrected. But after that, they all need to go up.

3. (DP staff, Pokemon and Super Mods+) Maintain a current list in the D/P analyses forum of which fully evolved pokemon are yet to be done. Viewing the SCMS to see which FULLY EVOLVED pokemon have yet to be edited beyond chaos' initial authoring at 2007-06-17 20:55:00 is a good way to be sure your list is complete.

4. Author default boilerplate messages for user infractions. The messages should be somewhat detailed and refer users to the rules of the specific forum. I'm not sure exactly what chaos has in mind, but I think one message for each forum (Congregation, Firebot, Renaissance, etc.) would be appropriate. Messages for Inside Scoop, Smogon Gazette, and Battling 101 are unnecessary.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I'm gonna be posting projects to do in the Communication Between You and I thread. If someone could take those and put it in this thread, etc, that'd be helpful (and then remove it when it's done)

I left a message a page ago or so about moderator boilerplate messages but it seems to have been ignored.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Added the boilerplate thing to the first post. Guys, feel free to post here what you are working on so that people don't waste time working on the same projects. Once something is completed, I'll clean it out all posts in the thread associated with the project. Therefore, don't worry about clogging this thread... keep your fellow staff members updated.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
just a note: in the OP it says that RBY/GSC are largely taken care of. you can change that to completely taken care of. They've even been cached (or whatever they needed to be) by Hazerider. And, I can pitch in with uploading Adv (i may be a bit iffy on the quality check) if it's needed.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Decided a better way to go about this is to just make a new thread for each project with a description so people can talk about it without cluttering other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)