I played few matches of doubles OU
And i realize prankster,priority moves and trick room is so strong
Prankster+tailwing is only countered by trick riom
Fake out is so annoying
I never win against trick room
Im runing whimscott tailwind+encore and tapu lele to spam dazzing glim
Im outplayed when my whimscott get fake out and die
No more tailwind

I think the mods are going to close the thread because I think this kind of thing doesn't go here, but I want to answer you first.

One of the things you have to understand is that an archetype that has an advantage over another archetype wins. It's like if you want a fire type pokemon to beat you 1 vs 1 against water type pokemon, it's hard.

Although, there are ways for fire type pokemon to win, either because you have a super effective move against water type or you have a certain strategy that advantage you. Well, exactly the same thing happens in the MUs of Tailwind Offense vs TR. TR has an advantage against TW, but it is not impossible for it to win, but you have to plan changes in your team to have answers to TR, for example by putting a P2 or Amoonguss on the team, although there are a thousand ways to check TR with Tailwind Offense.

Here are some replays of very good DOU players who win with TW Off to TR in tours, so you can get some ideas from them.

DPL VII Finals Akaru vs Yobuddy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1565652565

SCL Frania vs GMA
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-590466

SCL Z strats vs Actuarily
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-590454

Some replays are a bit old and the teams with TR are SemisTRs because I have been in a hurry to be able to send the message before they close the thread, but I think you can get an idea, and I encourage you to look for your own matches from the last DOU tours so that you can keep learning.

I hope I helped you and forgive my English, I'm not too good.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi, this isn't an appropriate topic for a new thread (with new threads also requiring approval first), I would recommend reading the Smogon Rules before posting in the future. This would be more appropriate for the official Smogon Doubles Discord rather than the forum.

What Tenzai said is true, but to add a few more things I'd say that opposing Tailwind can be neutralised with your own, and that both Tailwind and Trick Room can be stalled out with a combination of Protect, Fake Out, switching, and bulkier Pokemon. Fake Out is annoying, not every team needs something to block it but Tsareena can do it more reliably than Tapu Lele, and doesn't interfere with Prankster. If your Whimsicott is being Faked Out you should look to switch in your priority blocker or use Protect if you have it. Switching it out after setting Tailwind to be able to do it again later is also an important idea to be aware of. Its difficult to know what changes to make without knowing the rest of your team, but using Taunt to prevent Trick Room would help your matchup against it.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask more by joining the Discord linked above!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)