how to CAP

I would be interested in knowing this too, as my server's just to mess around with my friends, so it would be cool to know how to make fake pokemon.

As Colin said in the other topic:

You can modify the database with a "patch file", which is a file containing a bunch of entries of a particular syntactic form, and then you can specify a particular patch file in server.properties.

An example entry in the patch file would be this:

Code:
Garchomp: a+Own Tempo, Metronome, -Frustration, spd: 100;
This gives Garchomp the Own Temp ability and the move Metronome; it takes away the move Frustration; and it sets his base speed to 100.

Whitespace is not significant in the format. A semi-colon terminates each entry.

There is no documentation on the format unfortunately but you can look at the source of the parser here for more details.
I think Doug has a patch somewhere on the bugtracker for a CAP tool but I'm not sure exactly how it works and you'll definetly need to recompile your server.

where can i make the patch file

let me rephrase the question: I would like to put in my own pokemon, not the cap pokemon

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can make the patch file in any text editor e.g. Notepad. Then, to set the patch file you change these lines

Code:
# Patch file to apply against the metagame.
server.patch =
in your server.properties file to include the path to your patch file

You can make the patch file in any text editor e.g. Notepad. Then, to set the patch file you change these lines

Code:
# Patch file to apply against the metagame.
server.patch =
in your server.properties file to include the path to your patch file

so # Patch file to apply against the metagame.
server.patch = *what it says in patch*

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, you make a file called, for example "patch.txt" and save it in your shoddy battle server folder. Then you would put "server.patch = patch.txt"

Alright let me see if I'm getting this right...

Ampharos: a+Spore, Energy Ball, Solarbeam, Tail Glow, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Psychic, Flash Cannon, hp: 105, atk: 60, def: 90, spatk: 120, spdef: 100, spd: 60;

Ampharos would keep static, gain spore, energy ball, solarbeam, tail glow, earthquake, ice punch, psychic and flash cannon, and his stats would change to what I have listed above correct? (wondering if the a+ in front of the moves is required for moves or just abilities, and if the abbreviations I used for the stats were correct?)

so *bottom of whatever is in server.properties*
server.patch = addMoveSet.patch
server.patch = addSpecies.patch

? or sumthin like # b4 them?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright let me see if I'm getting this right...

Ampharos: a+Spore, Energy Ball, Solarbeam, Tail Glow, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Psychic, Flash Cannon, hp: 105, atk: 60, def: 90, spatk: 120, spdef: 100, spd: 60;

Ampharos would keep static, gain spore, energy ball, solarbeam, tail glow, earthquake, ice punch, psychic and flash cannon, and his stats would change to what I have listed above correct? (wondering if the a+ in front of the moves is required for moves or just abilities, and if the abbreviations I used for the stats were correct?)

a+ stands for ability. If you wanted to keep your Static, you would just go for Spore, Energy Ball, Solarbeam as such, not a+Spore, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)