Gen 6 How Pokemon was ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too long ago, Pokemon was fun and battling on game simulation was enjoyable. I used to be able to look at stats and say "oh wow that looks really neat, I want to try this pokemon out." Now everything changed because of one thing: Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution basically ruin competitive pokemon battling for me. What is the point of playing with legendary pokemon if regular pokemon can have better stat with just by aesthetic change. It makes no damn sense. There use to be wonderful statline such as mewtwo 106/154/90/110/90/135 and rayquaza 105/150/90/150/90/95 and the way that these stats interact with each other in the uber environment was what made uber battling fun for me. Now we have pokemon with gazillion atk or spd and like WTF mannn! Wtf do shit like mega rayquaza exist if not only to satisfy power hunger man-child? Mega evolution completely throw competitive battling out of whack with their ridiculous and stupid stats that are not fun to play with. It is so random and superfluous and is awful for pokemon in both the design and competitive perspective. Aesthetically unappealing, unfair, and pointless.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
if you diss my Mega Ampharos I will cut Sweep so hard

I think the idea of having a Mega Evolution is cool because it gives you an "ace" but most Ubers are still far above the power level of most Megas (even Kangaskhan has some trouble with the likes of Xerneas)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
If u hate Mega Evolution so much, there's always the option of just doing Old Gen tiers, which don't have Megas and are just as cool as the Gen 6 tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)